Community > Posts By > yzrabbit1

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 07:47 AM

any other dead people talking in your head?

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 04/18/08 07:59 PM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Fri 04/18/08 08:00 PM

Who cares when His side was pierced, anyway? Do you think it actually mattered to him?

Dig those heels in... continue to vehemently cling to your beliefs, leaving no room for any differences in perspective. It's all fear driven, anyway... You choose a life that's ruled by the idea that you're / we're all intrinsically flawed. You'll probably exclaim that my perspective is flawed because I don't see it from a your ("Christian") perspective... Poor soul that I am... I haven't been saved.

Sorry you feel that way. I don't. Sorry you hate. I don't. Sorry you fear someone telling you are wrong. I don't. I have joy in my life and a purpose just as you do. If you let your shield down just a bit you will be able to see that those around you aren't armed and pointing their swords at you. A few, maybe,and I apologize for that, but the majority of us Christians simply want to live what we understand to be the truth, just as you do with your truth. Peace friend! flowerforyou drinker

This is a funny quote from you Zap. When I am on here expressing my views you sure act like you do not like it. Maybe you should look to your own words

As I have stated before...... I have nothing to say to you. The situation you are in is why you are angry with God. Take it up with Him. I will pray for you and for your health. I DO care. I cannot, however, be a part of your war on God. You are here because your parents had sex. Blame them. I have been as nice to you as I can be but you are in these threads for what appears to be an ulterior motive. I WILL pray for you and I hope you find happiness.flowerforyou

See this is exactly my point. No one can have a view that is contradictory to your religion and still be living a peaceful normal life.
I do not get angry with the easter bunny and I don't get angry with God. I do get upset when Christians try to take something like creationism and slip it into a science class. That does get me very upset. I also think is very sad the way that you make a hostile environment for people that are homosexual. When people love each other it is never a sin.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 04/18/08 06:33 PM

Who cares when His side was pierced, anyway? Do you think it actually mattered to him?

Dig those heels in... continue to vehemently cling to your beliefs, leaving no room for any differences in perspective. It's all fear driven, anyway... You choose a life that's ruled by the idea that you're / we're all intrinsically flawed. You'll probably exclaim that my perspective is flawed because I don't see it from a your ("Christian") perspective... Poor soul that I am... I haven't been saved.

Sorry you feel that way. I don't. Sorry you hate. I don't. Sorry you fear someone telling you are wrong. I don't. I have joy in my life and a purpose just as you do. If you let your shield down just a bit you will be able to see that those around you aren't armed and pointing their swords at you. A few, maybe,and I apologize for that, but the majority of us Christians simply want to live what we understand to be the truth, just as you do with your truth. Peace friend! flowerforyou drinker

This is a funny quote from you Zap. When I am on here expressing my views you sure act like you do not like it. Maybe you should look to your own words

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 04/18/08 11:11 AM

I look at the phrase those who pierced him and I think it was the Religious people who wanted his death. And then I think it was an Roman that actually pierced his side.

I have often heard the US called the New Rome because we are the world power at this time, because we have a representative govt, and so on.

So I would think that if God came back today he would be coming for all the religious Americans.

It was the roman soldier that pierced his side when he was hung on the cross.....

Do you think our soldiers are heroes that you back 100% ?

Since soldiers are the representatives and most often hero's of the people, I think it is fair to say that everyone is in the same boat with them.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 04/18/08 10:44 AM

I look at the phrase those who pierced him and I think it was the Religious people who wanted his death. And then I think it was an Roman that actually pierced his side.

I have often heard the US called the New Rome because we are the world power at this time, because we have a representative govt, and so on.

So I would think that if God came back today he would be coming for all the religious Americans.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 04/18/08 10:31 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Fri 04/18/08 10:38 AM
To your comment of a "fake world setting"

That is exactly what I mean. Right now all the results are just in your head. An imaginary world were anything can happen(thats why con men can make a killing) So we bring in actual measurements and do something that can be duplicated and then duplicated by others somwhere else.

That is proof. I'll give you an example outside of the mind. Almost everybody believes that stretching before you run will help you avoid pulling a muscle or getting injured. When they actually study it scientifically it turns out that is not true. However trying to convince people that they do not need to stretch before a race or run is nearly imposable. It turns out that the stretching probably releases indorphins that make you feel good.

So lots of people put there faith in diffrent things. It does not mean it works in the "real world" The only proof of that is actual testing that can be repeated and then redone by someone else.

By the way the Amazing Randy is not a trick. You get to set up the parameters for your test.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 04/17/08 01:53 PM

You guys make Jesus sound like the Bully that steals your hat and holds it over your head while you try to jump up and get it. Every time you get close to it the bully pulls it up higher and as you fall back to earth the Bully brings that hat down closer to you so you feel even more inadequate for your miss.

I guess Jesus likes to see you keep Jumping and Jumping for his love while he keeps it just out of reach.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 04/17/08 01:49 PM

According to Wallace D. Wattles yes it can be tested.

It requires mental discipline, the ability to use your power of will and imagination / visualization. There is a certain process and formula that can be followed.

It has been tested with athletes. It was found repeatedly that to practice mentally along with physically (visualization, meditation) improved performance.

If you feel better believing otherwise and do not wish to consider the possibilities that is your choice in life, but I am glad there are people in this world who are creative and positive because they are the small percentage of people who make a difference in the world.

JB

Great let me know when you collect the Million Dollars from the Amazing Randy and then the First round is on you

I don't really need his million dollars do I? bigsmile

I thought you might say that. Every time I ask you to put rubber on the road you never will. I can see you do not want to have this tested in any imperial way because once it is proven wrong then what will you have.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Where there is nothing, nothing is there.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 04/17/08 09:29 AM

According to Wallace D. Wattles yes it can be tested.

It requires mental discipline, the ability to use your power of will and imagination / visualization. There is a certain process and formula that can be followed.

It has been tested with athletes. It was found repeatedly that to practice mentally along with physically (visualization, meditation) improved performance.

If you feel better believing otherwise and do not wish to consider the possibilities that is your choice in life, but I am glad there are people in this world who are creative and positive because they are the small percentage of people who make a difference in the world.

JB

Great let me know when you collect the Million Dollars from the Amazing Randy and then the First round is on you

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 04/17/08 08:09 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Thu 04/17/08 08:17 AM

I have to make it clear(if it isn't already.) I like the scientific method. You ask the question , do the test get the answer yes or no. I feel this has done me wonders in most of my life. That is why I know this "attraction" does not work. No one could ever prove it in a real world setting.

Having said all of that,looking at the argument you give up there all I would have to do is search the net for people that have come out of those places hardest hit by the things I mentioned and gone on to be very successful. That would show that what you stated is not true.

Rabbit:

The law of Attraction is a law that IMO will eventually be scientifically proven. In fact, the power of thought is used by governments and feared by governments.

The fact that it is feared by government is in the original post. Tyrants fear the power of the people and fear their thoughts and attitudes, so they take measures to suppress them.

Propaganda and opinion poles are used in this country to gage and control pubic opinion.

Secret operations in mind control know the power of thought, belief etc. Hypnotism can cause a person to see, hear, and experience things that are not real by normal standards.

You can sit in disbelief all you want, but being unaware of these things only means that you will be the effect of them.

JB

Well we both mention science in our post's. Mine is one that cane be tested. Is yours?

If it is I know a way you can make a Million Dollars on it. The Amazing Randy will give you a million dollars if you can prove this theory is real.

You can put your beliefs into real action and do the Scientific community a great service by bringing a new "law" into existence.

Unfortunately I already know your answer is going to be something along the same lines I get when I ask people who believe in miracles why God does not heal amputees.

I think the reason the scientific method is so important is because we can all be fooled by something. If it makes you feel good to live in a imaginary world were elves and genies make your wishes come true well then more power to you. Just please don't try to pass it off as if it is a proven fact.

Edit
Ghandi, Martin Luther,...etc

They were all men of action. They let themselves be physically beaten in the name of justice. They knew that to stand in front of the bully and let him beat you was not a sign of weakness but of strength. This has nothing to do with using mind power. If it did these positive men would have never been touched in there whole lives. They all were very positive thinkers that were killed violently by others before it was there end.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:53 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Thu 04/17/08 07:54 AM

Jeannie....FAITH comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

It did not say UNDERSTANDING comes , it said FAITH comes.

But,I am sure it takes a certain amount of understanding too, in order to RECIEVE that Word by FAITH....but still , the real and complete understanding of the Word, cannot come til one is born again.

THE FULL UNDERSTANDING , which is Given by God, NOW is ABLE to Come into one's spirit ...simply becaue NOW, one's spiritual eyes have been opened.

Once a person is born again, understanding of the Word truly begins, as one starts to eat and grow.

Just like a baby eats and grows.....
the more eating..the more growing..the more understanding....
the more eating, the more growing ..the more understanding....etc. etc. etc.

But of course, one still does need to HEAR the Word ....in order to come to Jesus
in the first place.
Like the bible says, how can a man know ...accept the Word be preached?

So... a man has to HEAR....in order to get FAITH to BELIEVE and RECIEVE.
THEN the FULL UNDERSTANDING COMES after that born again experience.

Faith comes by Heaing.....
Later, Understanding Comes by Eating and Growing.

But a baby has to be BORN FIRST, in order to eat and grow and learn....and understand.

BUT...WITHOUT being born again, God's Word makes no sense.

So Jeannie....in order to become born again, one has to have FAITH ....to believe that Jesus died on the cross and shed his blood for our sins...and then rose again.....

and then one simply has to receive Jesus into their heart,as their Lord and Saviour, by Faith.

That's how one gets saved...just believe and recieve that free gift of grace....by FAITH.

Jeannie...I am not doubting , that your way of becoming born again was not real to you....I am sure it was ..and I respect that.

BUT.... it is not the same as being born again ,according to the Bible.....flowerforyou

But ...even if you and I don't agree, Jeannie.. just know, I love and accept you just the way you are...regardless.:heart:

But of course, you do know, I would LOVE to see you come to know Jesus too....bigsmile but I'm leaving that in God' hands.:heart:

I love you regardless, Sweet Lady...flowerforyou :heart:

So here you have finally said that first you must hear to come to Jesus. Well I did hear and it is all a contradictory bloody God that can only be appeased by me continually saying Sorry God, Im Sorry, So Sorry.
I heard for most of my life and the Book is just plain wrong. It causes harm to come to many people. Just look at the suicide rate for gay teens for example.

I would rather just love my fellow man and do good in the world.

Peace in truth

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:45 AM

the odds of the fossil record leaving traces of man's footprint are pretty good odds that we are not long for this planet

Cockroaches have survived, but not much else

man won't always be here.

that's a safe bet

smokin drinker bigsmile

Yes in the Millions of years that the Fossil record spans we will be just a blip, however I know that we will be here another 100,000 years for sure. So have faith my friends. Be of good cheer.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 04/16/08 09:46 PM

I know this is waste to talk about the end of the world.

I wish someone had come up with a way to bet on this. I would be rolling in it.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 04/16/08 09:44 PM

I have to make it clear(if it isn't already.) I like the scientific method. You ask the question , do the test get the answer yes or no. I feel this has done me wonders in most of my life. That is why I know this "attraction" does not work. No one could ever prove it in a real world setting.

Having said all of that,looking at the argument you give up there all I would have to do is search the net for people that have come out of those places hardest hit by the things I mentioned and gone on to be very successful. That would show that what you stated is not true.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 04/16/08 10:13 AM

I did not realize you were Jewish.

Anyway, in the Church the wine represents the blood of Christ, and the bread represents the flesh of Christ.

I have heard this many times.

JB

Jesus was making an analogy...to take it to his blood and his flesh is to only get it half right.

Blood = wine = good things in life
Flesh = bread = salvation

It's important to understand the symbolism in what Jesus said. When the people were waiting to be fed again, Jesus said "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you" The Jews had very strong cultural aversion to cannibalism, so this drove away most of Jesus' followers. Those who stayed didn't understand until Jesus showed them. To the Jews, eating symbolized taking something from outside and making it a part of your very being. So they avoid pork because it's an unclean animal, thinking that the pork will become part of their being. Once you know the symbology behind what Jesus said, it becomes clear what Jesus was communicating.

If you accept my sacrifice to the deepest part of your being, you will receive the good things in life and salvation. The eating of the bread and wine is a reminder that just like the bread and wine become a part of your body, so too much Jesus' sacrifice

So if God loves to use symbolism so much then surely you can see that the 7 days of creation is symbolism for the billions of years it actually took.

yzrabbit1's photo
Tue 04/15/08 10:24 PM

Welcome. You are obviously a very wise and beautiful woman. I hope you can help balance things out around here.drinker

yzrabbit1's photo
Tue 04/15/08 04:43 PM

Mandatory prayer in schools is unconstitutional.

OK, prayer was NEVER MANDATORY. Even as an "OPTIONAL" time, a few pig-heads got thier widdle feelings hurt because other students around would take that time and pray. (note heavy sarcasm to the few widdle whiny ones) because its amazing when the "majority" does not rule!

As I did back in school, there was a few minutes before the first class of the day. No one was ever forced or made to do anything they did not want to. Some of us took that time to pray, others to reflect, other to sleep other to do absolutely nothing. It was simply because it made a few "uncomfortable".

Politically correct I am not, and I don;t care to be. I take my rights and my freedom seriously and I'll do as I damn well please, because I EARNED every bit of it! So I don;t take it for granted, nor will I let another trample on mine.

I will certainly respect most other views, to each thier own, I'm not about to try to force my view or opinion on anyone. But I'm also not going to sit around complaining about something someone else did...I'm going to say it to thier face without hesitation.

I was in a Wal-Mart here a couple of months ago. I was looking at some cleaning products and there were two young WalMart associates stocking close-by. There was a Latino woman and her son, she was pushing the cart and her son, who was probably about 12 or 13 was sitting there CUSSING at her, telling her what to do, F'ong this and F'ing that. I waited for about 15 or 20 seconds just staring at them, watching this boy do this to his mother. And she sad NOTHING! Even the two Wal Mart associated (prolly around 18-20 range) was just staring that then by this time. So I clearlu spoke up. I said "Young man, your mother may tolerate such language by I for one am not going to sit here and listen to your foul mouth like you own this place. So you better keep you mouth shut from ANY more foul word, otherwise you and I are going to have a big problem that I WILL fix". He shut up. Then I looked at his mother and said "Mam, I can't believe you would allow such disresspect from your own son at any time, especially in a public place. And to let him run his foul mouth for all to hear and to put up with, you are a disgrace as a mother." She said n othing and they walked on.

Then the two WalMart associates looked at me. I said "Don't worry, I know you all felt like I did, I could see it in your expressions, but as employees you are not allowed to say anything. " They just looked and knodded. one said "well you handle that good". :tongue:

But it just goes to show simple common sense. What's right is right, whats wrong is wrong..and they gray stuff I leave alone and to each thier own (which is a big part in life). I'm not looking to impede on ANYONE's rights. But I'm not going to have mine trampled on either and you can bet I'll be standing, speaking and whatever I need to to make sure I will keep my rights...period. flowerforyou

You seem to be the only one crying about how they took away your little quite time. Poor baby! The rest of us want are kids to learn something important at school. If you need quite time go home and cry there. You think everyone should bow down to you and make sure they don't upset your tummy. Too bad. Life is tuff. We can't all have it the way we want, quit looking to the past and move on.

yzrabbit1's photo
Tue 04/15/08 04:36 PM

The only problem with saying "I don't know" is that if you get in that situation yourself someday that will have the same effect as saying keep me alive. Because if they do not know your wishes they are going to err on the side of life.

yzrabbit1's photo
Tue 04/15/08 04:30 PM

The holy spirit is Rum

The holy Soda is Coke

The Holy Trinity is Rum, Coke and Ice

yzrabbit1's photo
Tue 04/15/08 04:26 PM

When you ladies get bored with straight missionary in accordance with all Gods guidelines, give me a call. I do not have ANY guidelines.:tongue:

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25