Community > Posts By > yzrabbit1

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 05/05/08 08:00 PM

I have never made a statement about the whole of Christianity. When I say things like "they" or "you people" , I am referring to the individuals who are doing or have done the thing of which I speak. Certainly not all of Christendom. I am not like that. I hold individuals accountable for their actions, not entire groups. However, in the interests of convenience, I use pronouns. Please understand they are not aimed at all Christians. When I said they want us to stay out of their threads, I was referring to the individuals who actuall said that. Not you, or anyone who did not say that.

Do you understand what I am saying?

within my limited english I do.
laugh laugh just joking
I got u.flowerforyou

my question was not so much a reflection on your ability to understand as my ability to express.

I have had this conversation about the use of the plural also. It seems like our language is lacking in proper ways to express a limited part of a group with out a cumbersome sentence.

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 05/05/08 07:18 PM

I would say that I have never called anyone a name on here ever. The only thing is it is hard to remember everything. I know when I read Abra's post's he sticks to facts also.

I have been called names many times by the opposition. I guess I was raised diffrent then that. I think I have an obligation to myself not to get so upset that I would go off like that.

I have no idea where you get the notion that you have been wronged. What are people that do not believe in your religion supposed to say?

We are not supposed to say anything. They want us to stay out of "their" threads.

I'm sorry, ma'am. who has been so rude to even suggest that you or any nonbeliever to keep outside of their threads?
If I have done something similar, it's just because everybody deserves respect, so If a christian or nonchristian is going to make a thread, and whatever comment on either side is going to be ridicule, well It's not fair for either side.
So as far as I (TLW) am concern, you and any nonbeliever is welcome to debate in a serious and honest manner.
However, if there is initial disrespect from the other party well, sadly to recognize, I will react.
Believe me I try to control myself, but sometimes I'm so weak.

TLW

Here is the problem. The things we say are said in a serious and honest manner. You question the honesty of it because you cannot believe anyone could think like we do about your God and your Book. However we are here saying these things in trying to win a debate. We are not going to bow down to your God just because you have so much love for him. I am happy that he brings you peace but it will not be coming through us.

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 05/05/08 07:11 PM

Mine was a slow long process. The beginning for me was that I could see that miracles did not happen in our world. To me that meant that they had never happened ever. So if that is the case what kind of person was Jesus if he went around and got followers by basically showing them tricks?

At this same time I was also very bothered by the fact that everything in the Bible talks about how bad wealth is and how we should do everything we can for the poor. I know how the world is set up. Just by my living here in the U.S. I was sinning by the terms of the New Testament.

Anyway many things like this ate away at me over time to open my eyes .

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 05/05/08 07:03 PM

Rabbit, (I rather wish I knew your real name here),
I have been expecting you.

I do believe your first statement. Sometimes, the
least said, soonest mended.

flowerforyou

Thanks Britty you don't know how much that makes me feel better flowerforyou flowerforyou

Peace to you

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 05/05/08 06:41 PM

I have no idea where you get the notion that you have been wronged. What are people that do not believe in your religion supposed to say?

We're supposed to sit in the corner and shut-up unless spoken to. And then we must only give the appropreate answers or we will be sent to our rooms with no dinner. frown

God only likes those children who bow down to authority. If you can't do that, then go to your room and cry because no one likes you, not even God! :cry:

But he still loves you though, and don't you EVER forget it!!!!

NO GO TO YOU ROOM!!!! :angry:
laugh laugh noway

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 05/05/08 06:33 PM

I would say that I have never called anyone a name on here ever. The only thing is it is hard to remember everything. I know when I read Abra's post's he sticks to facts also.

I have been called names many times by the opposition. I guess I was raised diffrent then that. I think I have an obligation to myself not to get so upset that I would go off like that.

We are not supposed to say anything. They want us to stay out of "their" threads.

I think if we did that, they would probably be so bored that they would be popping into our threads about voodoo and other such subjects.bigsmile

JB

Occasionally they do pop into our threads. That is how I wound up here.

That is how they wound up here. laugh :wink:

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 05/05/08 06:24 PM

I usually stay out of this thread in respect. To give you some place to call your own. However there has been bad behavior as of late. Many untrue statements hurled at people of the "opposition".
If this is going to fall into that type of community I do not think I will be out of this thread for long.

Please stick to truth. flowerforyou

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 05/05/08 06:22 PM

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 09:36 PM

and Rabbits

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 08:08 PM

That is sad.

If you ever once believed in Jesus Christ, though, you still have eternal security--assurance of salvation--even if you wander away from the faith.

You may "abandon" or "kill" God by ignoring Him, but He won't ignore you.

Very nicely putbigsmile

The only thing that is sad is that you can't see how uplifting that poem really is. How much promise it holds for you. Be brave enough to follow the truth and it will not fail you .

Peace in truth.

who is proselytizing now?

Me Baby!!!!!!

I have said it often. The Day Christians stop doing it so will I. I will be so glad to move onto something much more interesting.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 08:04 PM

I'm with you. enough with this J 3:16 crap. It is so out of context.

I don't think it's crapnoway ...It's in the BIBLE foir a reason

I agree with u. But please don't give him a chance to get started.

Yes but it is only one sentence. And it is always taken out of context of the whole Bible. You can't just throw up one J 3:16 and ignore the stonings and the dead first born. It is a Big Bible with a lot of info there. How can you not want to put up everything?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 08:00 PM

That is sad.

If you ever once believed in Jesus Christ, though, you still have eternal security--assurance of salvation--even if you wander away from the faith.

You may "abandon" or "kill" God by ignoring Him, but He won't ignore you.

Very nicely putbigsmile

The only thing that is sad is that you can't see how uplifting that poem really is. How much promise it holds for you. Be brave enough to follow the truth and it will not fail you .

Peace in truth.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 07:51 PM

Everyone on this side thinks that Abra holds himself in check very well. The only people I see attacking here are Christians. It really blows my mind that you cannot have your point of view questioned. Is it really that fragile that words Abra types about your religion deserve a personal attack back by you?.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 07:39 PM

I'm with you. enough with this J 3:16 crap. It is so out of context.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 07:36 PM

From the net...

If you add up the name 'George Bush' in Hebrew letters it comes out:

* G = 3 (gimel)
* e = 5 (heh)
* o = 70 (ayin)
* r = 200 (resh)
* g = 3 (gimel)
* e = 5 (heh)
* B = 2 (beth)
* u = 70 (ayin)
* s = 300 (shin)
* h = 8 (cheth)
* total = 666 (Antichrist)

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 07:17 PM

ha ha sorry had to laugh maybe thats why he created eve lol

No because if you even "look" at Eve you are sinning.

sad sad

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 01:21 PM

I haven't really noticed all that Bling. Jessey Duplant is flamboyant, though. He oughta have it if he don't. The lady who runs the thing is heavily made up, too, but you gotta look beyond that.

It's whats inside a person that counts, not what they wear. Yeah, there are some whacked out things on TBN and you do have to use some discernment to figure out what's what (i.e. watch Benny Hinn for some of the wilder stuff lately).

But if you're using your discernment and you tune in stuff like Billy Graham, Crespo Dollar, Ralph Stanley and others, you can see some great stuff on there, stuff you'll find nowhere else. I've learned more from TBN in the last months than I learned the last 50 years of reading the Bible sporadically and going in and out of the faith community. The Lord is opening some doors in my life, and he can open them in yours, too. I hope that he does. Let it happen. Greatest thing in the world, bling or no.

If "bling or no bling" is the way to go why did Jesus throw the Money changers out of the Church?

Why did he make the statement about how hard it is for rich man to pass into heaven?

Is the message of Jesus open to that much interpretation? Or is it important to follow what he really says?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 05/04/08 01:03 PM
sorry I wasn't able to get in here until now. I read all the post and thought it was cool. I have to make clear that I did not write this poem it just spoke to me.

I think that so many of the people on here that speak out against Christianity were once Christians. We look back on that religion like it is our brother and we have such high hopes for it.
Breaking away from religion,(Christianity for me)is a scary process were you literately think you are taking chances with your soul. Once you get past that point and realize you are more happy and more content then you ever where under religion, you know then it was all worth it.

I see this poem as very uplifting and encouraging. I think the writer has stepped into a whole new world of possibility. the fact that so many Christians see only negative in it makes me think that negativity is all they have. I hope everyone can see the light and offer of true happiness in that poem. It is there for the taking. All you need to do is be truthful. Do you really hear voices? Do you really see miracles every day? Just answer truthfully to those two questions and you are on your way.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 05/03/08 03:46 PM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Sat 05/03/08 03:47 PM

Personally I don't believe in the Church's concept of sin. I now understand it to mean disobedience of God's laws.... what ever they might be.

Having to ask for forgiveness every time you think a sexy thought or masturbate to me is ridiculous, but hey its your religion.

Sorry I couldn't help much.

JB

You see. I know, understand, and believe in the concept of sin as far as the Church teaches it. But for me in the case of masturbation is normal, as I said before the problem starts when it becomes excesive.
There are hundreds of priests who agree in that masturbation is just response to certain bodily processes. That is going to happen no matter what.

I would say close to 100% of the priests think it is normal when judged only by their actions.

Actions speak louder then words

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 05/03/08 03:25 PM
Untitled (God Died)

by Bill Barnes,

God died today in the heart of another man.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust,
And in this soil a seed is planted.

God died today in the mind of another woman.
The black dirt, the moist earth,
From this new garden, wisdom grows.

I was always taught that God died that I might live.
I never realized how true this was.
His death nourishes the seeds of wisdom, happiness, and freedom.

This is a eulogy, a benediction.
I am saddened by my loss,
But know a better life is ahead of me.

Love and hate marked this relationship.
I loved this mythical invisible father.
I hated the crotchety old judge.

Like the child of an alcoholic,
Or a battered wife, who still loves her husband,
I am glad he’s gone, but I still miss him.

The new garden I have has wonderful plants,
But I still have to pull weeds of doubt and guilt,
It’s my responsibility now.

As a child must grow and leave the safety of home,
I have grown and left the eternal security of heaven.
I have outgrown my god, and laid him to rest.

http://atheistempire.com/writings/poetry.html

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25