Community > Posts By > yzrabbit1

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 04/20/08 07:41 PM

How can anyone hear a dead person ?. It is a simple imagination at its best . noway noway .

Put that together with the comandment of"thou shall not lie" and it really tells you something.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 04/20/08 10:44 AM

Abra, you usually make good points... but not this time! :wink:

You didn't like that one huh? laugh

This is the perception at my end. That's all I can. bigsmile

One thing I did like in there and I have been thinking about are things like the internet. If we had kept going in with things that people felt was real, like the idea of "aether" all around us. We would have never made any advances. The scientific method strictly followed has allowed us to have real miracles like, air planes, the internet, standing on the moon, and so on.
Only things that can really be measured by science brought you these miracles. I would say they are the only miracles the earth has ever seen.

Peace in truth.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 04/20/08 10:35 AM

I do not find you broken rabbit. Not at all.
I applaud your wisdom. I may not convey what I mean exactly.

I feel what I feel as do you.

I do not believe I have ever confessed Christianity to anyone. I am a spiritual believer. With God and Jesus as His Son.

What DOES that say about me??

Do you see me a bad person? An ignorant individual due to the fact that I believe that something is bigger than myself? That I believe that there is a reason for being? That a message has been given us by a creator? Because I cannot believe that we just happened by an atom? All things?? Not when all things have DNA just a little off from everything living.

We will never agree rabbit....but let me have my belief, as I do you. If you see me in turmoil or pain of your thought; let me know. But do not make me out to be ignorant. I hope and pray I have not done that to you.

Kat

If you feel all those things then that is what non-Christians feel when they are spoken too. Of course everyone comes in a spectrum and you are on one end of the spectrum.No where near as bad as most. I cannot stop talking about what I believe any more then you can.
When you make a statement like "I cannot believe we just all came from an atom" That is a statement that is trying to make me look ignorant. These tactics go back and forth. I am just using them consistently on this side and that makes you feel bad. If you wanted to follow the rule do onto others. Say you would like me to stop making comments then I would think the only solution for you would be to stop making comments yourself.

I want to make clear that I am not suggesting you stop making comments. I am trying to point out that the words we use seem to be loving and harmless when we speak them but can seem mean and uppity to the people who hear them. This is why proselytizing is so bad.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 04/20/08 09:50 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Sun 04/20/08 09:51 AM

I do believe however that I have been spoken to in a way that cannot be understood by someone who refuses anything other than what one can see or hear with their eyes or ears.

I am with you on that Kat! flowerforyou :wink:

Too bad he only thought to give us eyes, ears and a brain.

I respect you rabbit; but with all due respect, I feel pain when I read you. What kind of pain? I do not know. The pain I feel is deep within my soul. When I leave here after reading you, I think of you throughout the day. Literaly.

I love your face, your smile, but I worry.

I do not mean to offend, but I must speak what I feel.

What I read from you this time, was something akin to thinking me dumb, or silly. I assure you, I am none of those. Unless I choose the behavior. Playfully being any one of those things.

I am who I am. Better than who I once was, when I believed different than I do now. I grew into a believer from experiences I encountered. I am grateful for that. I have blossomed into a healthier thinker and love without fear. I care deeply for all my fellow beings. I wish happiness to even those who hate me.
I take on no anomosity, hatred, loathing...For it doesn't need me. I became less of that equation, becoming more than I have ever been. All because I encountered what I feel is a Godly entrusion. Happily so.

Katflowerforyou

I'll tell you the secret to what I do. It may ruin it for me for ever to put it out here but maybe it is time. All I do is take the language of the Religious and sculpt my own beliefs that knowledge and thinking are more important then blind faith.
I use the exact words and phrases and tactics of the Religious and it makes them furious. I don't know if that is sad or funny. I keep hoping that they will see how it is and change their ways. They never do.
So now you know what I am doing. I just copy the tactic of the Christians exactly and put in my own beliefs. For some reason the Christians find it hateful and they think I am broken somehow. Well if that is the case what does that mean about you?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 04/20/08 09:25 AM

I do believe however that I have been spoken to in a way that cannot be understood by someone who refuses anything other than what one can see or hear with their eyes or ears.

I am with you on that Kat! flowerforyou :wink:

Too bad he only thought to give us eyes, ears and a brain.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 04/20/08 09:16 AM

I think when using gravity as an example here it would be better to say that the law of attraction is like someone that wants to float up in the air. We say no you cannot float in the air. The person jumps in the air a few times and says see I was floating. We would say in return you can really stay in the air if you want just get in an airplane. It uses all the known laws of science to keep you air born.

I think this is closer to what we are dealing with.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 10:31 PM

Creative said it. It will never happen.

Just look at a map and history and see for yourself the most territory any powerful nation has controlled. I would bet it never crosses 1/4 of all the land mass in the world.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 10:23 PM

what's ur view on agnosticism?

I think it's probably the most honest truth a person can have.

What God (if a God exists) could find fault with honesty?

All agnosticism is, is a confession that you honestly don’t know.

If that’s your honest truth, then if there is a God (especially one that’s playing hide and seek) how can it find fault with your being perfectly honest about the fact that it plays hide and seek so well that you’ve decided to give up and confess that it wins. You have absolutely no clue where to guess it might be hiding.

All you’re saying is that God wins the game!

Everyone else is trying to beat God can claim they know where he’s hiding. laugh

Maybe life’s a test to see how many people are really willing to own up to the truth of what they honestly don’t know?

Then all the agnostics are winning the game of honesty.

Everyone else is pretending to know something they really can’t know. They are lying to themselves as well as lying to God by pretending that they know where God is hiding when in fact they really have no clue.

Nice thread. flowerforyou

I think I heard a Chinese folk tale like that. This King has no decedents so he is going to choose one from the young kids in his village. He tells them he is going to test them by giving them a pot with a seed in it to be cared for. At the end of the growing season everyone is to bring the pots back and he will then decide who will be the next king. One kid has his at home and no matter what he does he cannot make the seed grow. He tries, water, fertilizer, sun, no sun, and on and on but no luck. The day comes when everyone is supposed to bring back the plants. As he is walking back he sees that the other kids in the contest have large beautiful plants. When everyone is gathered he sees that he is the only one that has failed.
The King walks around looking at each plant. He seems to be thinking hard at each one. When he gets to the boy he asks him what happened and the boy has to explain his failure all over again. Then the King says to everyone that he has found his successor. This boy that has no plant is the winner. The king explains that he never put a seed in any of the pots and that the boy was the only one honest and brave enough to bring his true work. flowerforyou

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 10:12 PM

As much as I would like to bet on the end of the world with the Armageddon pushers.

I would also like to bet with the one world govt. people. Do you people think this is going to happen in our life time? I will be glad to bet that it will not.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 08:41 PM

this is one of the most stupid questions i have ever read.

Why is it a stupid question? Were or were there not other people on the earth?

JB

I don't think they were the two first humans on the earth. That would imply that either the answer to the original question is Yes. Or they were incestous people.
I believe that Adam and Eve were allegorical characters in a story in order to illustrate God's creative power.

Wow TLW you are one very smart person. Now we just need to convince your brothers here.drinker

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 08:30 PM

laugh Time will simply tell.... if there is a God or not let time be a determining factor. If there is a God explain your doubt, disbelief, denial. Also deal with Satan who will accuse you, then how will you find your justification. In yourselves, a philosophy, in Santa. Are you then to cry upon the person Christ Jesus who you denied?

Even so it's so simple:
John 3:16:heart: flowerforyou

Not exactly, The Jesus that says ,turn the other cheek, blessed are the poor, the weak, the down hearted. The Jesus that would rather let himself die before letting someone raise a sword in his defense. That Jesus I am all for.

However the God that needs to kill all the first born to make one man see the light, the God that wants to make us all feel guilty because some guy ate an apple long ago, the God that can only think of Killing himself to appease himself to make up for the bad actions of his creations. That is the God I do not want to spend eternity with and will not call upon.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 05:22 PM

The temple referenced would have to be built where the "Dome of the Rock" now stands. The "Dome" is the second hloiest of sites next to Mecca. Destroy it or ear that "Dome" down and there will be a middle-eastern war of unprecedented magnitude!

Has anyone been in the "Dome"? I have a few times. It is really cool inside. There's a huge rock protruding inside for viewing. It is "traditionally" believed to be the rock where Abraham was going to sacrifice his son and the Angel stopped him. The rock itself has ancient channels cut into it for the sacrifice of lambs by the priests. The channels are there to allow for blood flow away from the point of sacrifice. Go there if you can. It's fascinating!

God tells Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree and then an Angle steps in and gets them to do it. God tells Abraham to sacrifice his son and then an angle steps in and stops it. God doesn't seem to be able to control his angles very well.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 05:15 PM

When you guys think we are offended by these things it is funny.

When I point out how silly it is that Jesus would have let that woman burn unless she asked for help. It does not effect me anymore then if I was to point out that Santa didn't really die for your sins.

Peace in truth

A full time believer in love and peace? That's curious as you compare Jesus to Santa in how things "affect" you. Insults to Christians are hardly "love and peace". Perhaps you should re-think your own words "love and peace" replacing them with being a believer in "ridicule and pompousness"?

By the way, truth often is also the cause of hate and wars.

You are the ones that put feeling into my words. I am pointing out that I do not have any feelings about it because it is the same as talking about Zeus. The day you let your kids know that Santa is not real and you think that "Jesus is the reason for the season". You will believe that you are being very loving and and caring.

Peace in Truth

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 05:06 PM

Im not trying to make anyone beleive anything I am just playing the devils advocate devil

Neither am I. I'm just making point of what we can expect after we die, whether we be believers or non-believers.

:smile:

with your reasoning the best thing to do would be to believe in every religion world wide. That way you would not be surprised when you met the real God.

Interesting thought! Still, in my own opinion, it's better to believe in something than being entirely humanistic. If what I believe is incorrect, at least I can say "Oops, my bad!".

laugh

No one else gets to say "my bad"?

Is that what I wrote? That no one else gets to say that, but me? Please show me where I said that? Ahhh, reading into what I say? A few people love do that here, don't they?

"Oops, my bad!" is something anyone/everyone can fall back on with humility. What statement will you fall back on?

laugh

I am very confident that I won't need to say a thing. If there is a loving God that is like a father then he is probably a father like me and more interested in the things I succeeded in as opposed to concentrating on my failures.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 04:04 PM

If people are actually hearing Jesus’ voice, then I can rest assured that I’ve also been put on hold for many decades.

I asked Jesus into my heart many decades ago, and I left the door wide open, it’s still open today. All he needs to do is keep HIS promise and reveal himself to me.

I can’t force a deity to keep HIS WORD.

Only HE can do that.

In the meantime, I’m stilling waiting. It’s entirely up to him to speak. So far I’ve heard absolutely nothing from him.

Many will say, “Well that’s because you obviously don’t believe!”. Well, why should I have so many decades of silence? If he was real why didn’t he speak up and keep his WORD when I responded to his call in the early going???

If Jesus existence depends upon my belief, then clearly he’s nothing more than a figment of imagination.

If the deity is real he should be able to exist independent of what I believe.

For those who are in direct contact with him, ask him why he never responded to my offer to be his humble servant?

Let me know what he says. Tell him I can’t hear his voice, he needs to speak up a bit. Tell him not to be so shy. I don’t bite. Tell him there’s nothing to be afraid of. bigsmile

When every few sentences contain a snide comment? I can't for the life of me understand why Jesus wouldn't take you up on your conditional offers. If a child keeps kicking his dad while whining for a quarter for the gum ball machine.......? Maybe you weren't listening? I don't know. Maybe you weren't serious? Maybe you just wanted to argue with Him? Only you have the answers.Only you can get your own personal relationship. Personally, I would keep doing what you are doing. Keep besmirching what He taught. Keep denying Him. It seems to be working for you so far, eh? :wink: Maybe, just maybe you will get your quarter. I pray that you will. drinker :wink:

The sad thing is this "father" like God will take that child begging for a quarter and send him to hell forever. Can you imagine anything your child would do that you would give that punishment?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 04:00 PM

Im not trying to make anyone beleive anything I am just playing the devils advocate devil

Neither am I. I'm just making point of what we can expect after we die, whether we be believers or non-believers.

with your reasoning the best thing to do would be to believe in every religion world wide. That way you would not be surprised when you met the real God.

Interesting thought! Still, in my own opinion, it's better to believe in something than being entirely humanistic. If what I believe is incorrect, at least I can say "Oops, my bad!".

laugh

No one else gets to say "my bad"?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 03:47 PM

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 03:34 PM

When I point out how silly it is that Jesus would have let that woman burn unless she asked for help. It does not effect me anymore then if I was to point out that Santa didn't really die for your sins.

Peace in truth

Just curious yzrabbit, what is your faith, if any? :smile:

Half time Im an Athiest the other half I'm Agnostic.

Full time belief in love and peace.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 02:18 PM

Peace in truth

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 04/19/08 09:38 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Sat 04/19/08 09:39 AM

Yep... I've also heard his voice in various ways.

I had a friend who said she hadn't heard him. She prayed about it... Later was caught in a house firer. She was trapped, and fell down on her knees in prayer was preparing to die. Jesus told her to getup run through the kitchen door. A neighbor was or help there waiting on her at the window, and pulled her out. Jesus told him to go too the window. She now says she has definitely heard his voice.

I'm a average sinner saved by his love & grace.
Still... got to admit I love Christ Jesus...very much..:smile:

Man Jesus was just there to watch her fry.Lucky she asked for help or she would be dead today. If I was Jesus and had that power I would act like any human would and save her without being asked. I guess he is slightly less then human.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25