Community > Posts By > yzrabbit1

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:21 PM

talk about moot points. We have a living Goverment. That is what are forefathers were smart in giving us. The laws that we make today are just as valid as the laws that they made back then. In fact laws that abolish slavery or allow woman to vote are actually much better then what they could ever do. SO that is why this matters

Supreme Court since 1947

The phrase "separation of church and state" became a definitive part of Establishment Clause jurisprudence in Everson v. Board of Education, 330 U.S. 1 (1947), a case which dealt with a state law that allowed the use of government funds for transportation to religious schools. While the ruling upheld the state law allowing taxpayer funding of transportation to religious schools as constitutional, Everson was also the first case to hold the Establishment Clause applicable to the state legislatures as well as Congress, based upon the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

In 1962, the Supreme Court extended this analysis to the issue of prayer and religious readings in public schools. In Engel v. Vitale 370 U.S. 421 (1962), the Court determined it unconstitutional by a vote of 6-1 for state officials to compose an official school prayer and require its recitation in public schools, even when it is non-denominational.....

It is the law today whether you like it or not. Whether Jefferson ever meant his words to be so powerful the men who made laws in the path he laid are just as important to our understanding of the law as he is.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 10:14 AM

again....times have changed since you were in school. my son's schools don't even say the pledge any more

what is wrong with teaching theories????? that's how people form opinions and learn. and not to mention...even science can't totally agree on things either so why not teach the well known theories whatever they are

Ok good when can I march my theory in? Also if you are going to say only well known

Oh but you said the well known....

well here is from China the most populace nation

In the beginning there was darkness everywhere, and Chaos ruled. PanguWithin the darkness there formed an egg, and inside the egg the giant Pangu came into being. For aeons, safely inside the egg, Pangu slept and grew. When he had grown to gigantic size he stretched his huge limbs and in so doing broke the egg. The lighter parts of the egg floated upwards to form the heavens and the denser parts sank downwards, to become the earth. And so was formed earth and sky, Yin and Yang.

So there you go. Science class will be so much more clear now.

Actually religions like that are one of the reasons we have eggs for easter.

I actually would have enjoyed learning about that in school. I find religious history of other cultures very interesting. It also would not have effected my views on my own religion.

Yes now you get it!!!!!

All these ideas from Churchs belong in Religious History class.
Simple easy solution that everyone can agree on

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 10:09 AM

again....times have changed since you were in school. my son's schools don't even say the pledge any more

what is wrong with teaching theories????? that's how people form opinions and learn. and not to mention...even science can't totally agree on things either so why not teach the well known theories whatever they are

Ok good when can I march my theory in? Also if you are going to say only well known

In the beginning there was darkness everywhere, and Chaos ruled. PanguWithin the darkness there formed an egg, and inside the egg the giant Pangu came into being. For aeons, safely inside the egg, Pangu slept and grew. When he had grown to gigantic size he stretched his huge limbs and in so doing broke the egg. The lighter parts of the egg floated upwards to form the heavens and the denser parts sank downwards, to become the earth. And so was formed earth and sky, Yin and Yang.

I think you are arguing just to argue. yes they should be allowed to teach that theory as well. But one person in the entire world talking about a spaghetti monster theory isn't a well known theory. You are just being ridiculous now and you have ignored me every time I have said that a lot of schools don't even say the pledge and they teach as many "theories" as possible. having a vast view point of different things helps people to be more well rounded and gets them thinking

Ok I think I have been answering your post's well but I will make it more clear the. I have tried to Google and find a School that does not do the pledge. I have not found one yet. You say your son's dosn't then that is one in the whole nation. When all schools stop it then it will be good.

In the theory area I am trying to show you that science class is not just open to any theory. It is only open to science. It is not something that people take a popularity test on and then decide to put that in the text book. That may happen in history, that may happen in, political science, that may happen in philosophy and english class but not science. Science is hard fact only.

If it was just theroies that many people believed in then we would have to throw in the China one and The India one and the ..... so on and so on. The problem that people that want there own little theory never see is that if they ever succeeded in getting it in. Then every other theory would have to be given a chance.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:58 AM

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:49 AM

I can give you an easy example of where I was forced to pray. As a first grader I had to say the pledge of aligence and in there it say's "under god". Do you think a six year old has the ability to stand up to all of that power structure?

Actually that is not a prayer. You are not attempting to communicate with a deity or god. You merely state that our nation is under God. At no point do you pray.

to an atheist you are forcing them to admit that there is a God. That is the govt supporting religion.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:47 AM

I'll make it very clear again. I have not called anyone any names. I have not said that people cannot worship anyway they want. All I am saying is that public schools should not make children say "under God" it is wrong.

As far as any theory being taught in class were do you draw the line. Can I walk in and drop of my theory of how the universe started and have it taught in class? If I get many people to sign a petition that says the universe was started by the flying spaghetti monster then do I get to have that taught in class? Or should science actually just be left to science, and people that have interesting theories can teach those theories to there own kids?

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 08:33 AM

Sorry to inform you but "Separation of Church and State" doesnt necessarily make them mutually exclusive and was never meant to. This is what the 1st Amendment states regarding the idea:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Praying is not establishing religion.

Atheist's don't believe in praying. So Gov't backed praying is 100% establishing religion. Atheists do not want to deal with ridiculous Voo Doo and incantations. They just want their kids to have a real actual education free of ridiculous myths.

then they shouldn't participate in it. but letting someone pray quietly (those that wish to) should be allowed to whatever belief they believe

Again the seperation side has made it abundently clear that no one can stop anyone from saying a quiet prayer inside their own head. No one cares.

What does matter is when you make a 6 year old child of atheist say "under God" when in his world it is the same as pledging to the tooth fairy or easter bunny or any other made up creature.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 08:27 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Thu 03/13/08 08:28 AM

I can give you an easy example of where I was forced to pray. As a first grader I had to say the pledge of aligence and in there it say's "under god". Do you think a six year old has the ability to stand up to all of that power structure?

well indoctrination and all you know

but if you really wanted to you could have remained silent for those two words

not that i think they should be there

Yeah the brave 6 year old standing silently by trying to change the power structure of the nation for the better.

(that was dripping with sarcasim if you didn't pick up on it)

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 08:24 AM

Sorry butters but your "science" is off. Your God had to have a maker. Since buildings don't just come into existence either did your god. Your god was made by my God Zeus. What is important to realize is that since Zeus is the one true God you better make sure you worship him. Your God was his first creation and he wasn't so good at making things then. Zeus is a God that can admit his mistakes though and he says sorry and he gave all woman a second breast to make up for it.
Anyway I digress, you won't get a second chance at this so you might as well just cover yourself and worship Zeus.

Zeus Out

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 08:15 AM

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:09 AM

What more are you asking for?

I would like to have some mind-blowing sex.
It's the only thing I can't buy at Wal-mart.

So here’s my prayer,…

(Rearranged from Janis Joplin’s “Oh Lord, won’t you by me a Mercedes Benz)

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me some mind-blowing sex ?
My friends all have orgies, I pray that I’m next.
Work’in hard all my lifetime, no help from my ex,
So Lord, won’t you buy me some mind-blowing sex?

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me an inflatable Doll ?
A bimbo-ish air-head I can nail to the wall
I’ll wait for delivery from the cyberstreet mall
So Lord, won’t you buy me an inflatable Doll ?

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a woman in red ?
I’m counting on you, Lord, to get me laid in my bed
Prove that you love me, send me one who gives head
Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a woman in red ?

Everybody!
Oh Lord, won’t you buy me some mind-blowing sex ?
My friends all have orgies, I pray that I’m next.
Work'in hard all my lifetime, no help from my ex,
So Lord, won’t you buy me some mind-blowing sex?

That’s it!

Well I thought it was right up my ally so I recorded it and sent it over to Abra. I hope he is still around to get it.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/12/08 09:10 PM

I would think you would be much better off just being thankful for what God has already given you. We live in the richest most powerful country in the world at a time when you can put a whole orchestra in your pocket. Carry around a prefect representation of anyone you love, and be in contact almost instantly with anyone you want.

What more are you asking for?

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/12/08 09:02 PM

I don't think any of here points are valid. She is just plain crazy. However freedom of speech covers a lot. I don't know that I would ever give up on that freedom.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/12/08 08:59 PM

Not only should we DEMAND separation of church & state, but we should also DEMAND that our representatives are able to discern, Ethics from religious morals.

http://www.victoryfund.org/files/listening.html

Sally Kern – Oklahoma Representative
What are your thoughts about any political figure who speaks in public as Kern has in the above?

What a nut case. She talks about things like higher suicide rate which in reality it is caused by people like her.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/12/08 01:46 PM

Its the day Jesus laid the Eggs and then had to make them many colors so that the Romans would not want to take the eggs away and he could still feed all the people that were listening to his sermon even though there were only so many eggs yet many many people. And when they people opened the eggs and ate they were filled with chocolate. A real miracle cause chocolate was not to make it to that side of the ocean until the 1500's.
Then the people came up to him and said most people give the Good eggs first and then when everyone is sick of them they give the bad ones. You oh master have given the very best eggs ever, truly you are a miracle worker. Just then a rabbit came out of the dessert and took the last egg. Jesus said from now on on this day you shall call it easter and let Chocolate Eggs and Rabbits remind you of me.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/12/08 01:36 PM

We are not talking about someone quietly saying a prayer in their own head. Any one can do that any time. There is no way for anyone to know what you are doing why you sit quietly at your desk. No one is saying that kids should be stopped from praying.

What we are saying is that anytime prayer is backed by the school in any way then it is an establishment of religion that kids that do not believe in praying should not have to go through. No one should be forced to do these things by the state.

Anyone at anytime can say a prayer quietly in their head and no one will ever know.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/12/08 01:00 PM

Sorry to inform you but "Separation of Church and State" doesnt necessarily make them mutually exclusive and was never meant to. This is what the 1st Amendment states regarding the idea:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Praying is not establishing religion.

Atheist's don't believe in praying. So Gov't backed praying is 100% establishing religion. Atheists do not want to deal with ridiculous Voo Doo and incantations. They just want their kids to have a real actual education free of ridiculous myths.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:54 PM

What really sets me off is this trying to push religion in our schools with thid stupid Creationism crap! Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion.

We can call you the Genius from Georgia. drinker

Im with you all the way, and I couldn't say it any better.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:50 PM

That is very funny. You can't imagine how much I pondered that picture. laugh laugh

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:16 PM

Jeanniebean... You sound very intellectual yet a big geeky and I love it! Please don't take that badly as it is meant fondly. You soak up knowledge like a sponge and yet you feel like an old soul and that is wonderful. Are any of your paintings online?

Here is a free yahoo site I built a few years back and I have not updated it at all but it has some of my paintings and comments about them. I was experimenting with frames. When you click on a thumbnail, the section in the middle opens the picture. Click on the picture, and it goes back to the home page.
umbnail
http://www.geocities.com/gloworm049/

Wow these are amazing. The thumbnail really doesn't do them justice. When you see the big picture it really is something. You have quite the talent. I have always wondered about the picture you use here on JSH is that a painting you did of your self?