Community > Posts By > paul1217

paul1217's photo
Fri 02/25/11 07:36 PM

Only 2 things I ever needed to know, when keeping a woman happy, now all you single men who have never lived with a woman listen up!

You will repeat the words quite often when you live with a woman and here they are.

:banana: I'm sorry, and your right honey:banana:

Another variation that works well is " Yes Dear, I'm sorry " And never, ever under any circumstance forget to put the seat down!happy

paul1217's photo
Fri 02/25/11 07:13 PM
Edited by paul1217 on Fri 02/25/11 07:45 PM

Never mind.

I started this to have a philosophical discussion on the perception of time and how it affects our lives. It could have been an inteteresting " What if" conversation. Won't happen now.

I don't understand why you would say this after Bushido's post. Is it because facts got involved?

No,

Because the posts pretty much closed the discussion.

More along the lines of, "You're wrong, here's why."

How about this scenario to rekindle your philosophical discussion. Time is a tool, a theoretical manifestation, invented by man to help him explain his observations in the physical world. Time is also the one tool that man uses that he can in no way prove experimentally without the stumbling point of using what you are trying to prove in your proof.

For the moment let's work with the assumption that time does exist.

Next let us agree that all matter that has mass and energy is not only subject to the effects of time, but also to the "Theory of Relativity that utilizes time to define the relationship between Mass and Energy. I think we can all agree that the Theory of Relativity although still a theory has withstood rather extensive experimental and observational testing.

We all learned early in school chemistry that all Matter that exists is made up of the same three, experimentally and observationally (o&m) confirmed particles, the proton, neutron and electron. The only difference between different atoms, molecules, compounds...... up to and including all substances including life forms such as human beings is the interaction of energy between these particles. Are we all in agreement so far. Getting into sub atomic particles would require a teem of Quantum Physicists to argue this out for years and we are off on a Philosophical tangent now.

Ok, all life, three particles held together by specific energy patterns to create good old man or woman. Now we bring in Mr. Einsteins pride and joy "relativity" and that pesky unprovable theoretical manifestation we call "time". E=mC^2 Energy is equal to mass times the speed of light squared. This simple, elegant, time tested "theory" that holds everything together and in the same instant pulls that pesky unprovable time thing into the equation, may also tell us where and when we may finally find an answer to this question. If I haven't already lost everyone, hold on tight we're almost to the end of the scientific part.

High school chem gave us the three particles and the basic information about the energy binding them together. On to basic High school Physics and the infamous E=mC^2, the conservation of mass and energy. We are all who we are because of the energy that holds us, and those three particles together. And thanks to that little equation E=mC^2 we know, experimentally observed and measured, that Energy can not be destroyed. It can be released or it can be contained and converted into mass, and with the help of Energy, Matter including man or woman.

Now if energy can not be destroyed is it really subject to the effects of that pesky unprovable time thing. We do describe energy's effects, usage and release in respect to time but does time really have any type of effect on Energy. If time has no effect on Energy and Energy is the only thing that makes man or woman, and their collection of the 3 little particle, different than the 3 little particles and the energy in all other matter, then it should follow that once the energy is released it will no longer be confined by the constraints of time.

Finally, here comes the Philosophy, if the Energy that makes us who we are is not affected by the passage of time and what makes us who we are is that Energy then are we truly affected by the passage of time. The only unanswered question that I see is do we maintain an awareness of the energy that makes us who we are after is is released from the matter that makes us what we are.

For the answer to that question I can only quote Philosophical knowledge that the Dali Llama passed on to Carl the Grounds Keeper "Upon your deathbed you shall receive total consciousness" So at least you got that going for you. Good night alllaugh

paul1217's photo
Fri 02/25/11 05:46 PM

Photons indeed are held to have no mass, however they are effected by it.

Under GR space time itself is bent in the presence of mass, this means that any particle that travels through space time is also effected by the mass.

No contradiction what so ever. Black holes do indeed have enough gravity to such in photons hence them being called BLACK holes.

If a photon has energy then it should follow that it has mass. According to Einstein,

"It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing -- a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E is equal to m c-squared, in which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied by the square of the velocity of light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large amount of energy and vice versa. The mass and energy were in fact equivalent, according to the formula mentioned above. This was demonstrated by Cockcroft and Walton in 1932, experimentally."

Since all mass is nothing more than energy, mass does not necessarily have to occupy any specific volume of space thus allowing the incredible mass of a black hole to occupy an immeasurably small space. This allows a continuing build up of Gravitational Force, which is neither mass nor energy to draw more mass into a smaller space, increasing the mass, and energy in the space, while reducing the size of the space and increasing the Gravitational force in the space.

I don't know about you but I'm getting a headache. lolfrustrated

paul1217's photo
Fri 02/25/11 04:33 PM
Edited by paul1217 on Fri 02/25/11 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxQp3Hy5nk

Finally figured it out, and without calling a teenager.laugh laugh

paul1217's photo
Thu 02/17/11 09:15 PM

Could also be that you have sleep apnea... I had to do a sleep study and they put me on a machine that lets me breathe deeper at night.. ask about that...

Sleep Apnea is quite often accompanied by snoring. You think you are sleeping but you never actually reach rem sleep. I was waking up 160 times and hour. Went to the Dr. exhausted so many times and it took 3 years to diagnose. The CPAP takes a little getting use to, but what a life saver, literally. Meditation and relaxation exercises can also help, especially if stress related. Good luck.

paul1217's photo
Thu 02/17/11 06:05 PM
I have an 18 year old, so I know how you feel. You can still find chastity belts on line. LOL Talk to her, often. The safest birth control is still the condom. If she is going to be active tell her to make sure that her BF uses them. The other methods don't protect against STDS. If you know she is going to be active give them to her. Putting her on the pill won't protect against disease. Good Luck

paul1217's photo
Mon 02/14/11 05:38 PM
A friend of mine called in to tech support for his computer and after the tech assisted him with his problem in a couple of minutes he relayed the story of the previous caller.

A woman had called in to try to resolve why her computer screen had suddenly gone blank. The tech rep asked her to check that the surge protector had not tripped. She hit the reset, nothing. Is the monitor connected properly? yes she replied. This went on and on for about 5 minutes. Finally the Tech rep asked her to explain exactly what she was doing when the screen went blank. She replied that she was checking her e-mail when all the lights on the Block went out and her computer screen went blank.

The Tech rep very calmly informed the woman to pack all of the components back into their original boxes and return them to the store where she purchased them. When you get to the store be sure to tell the person at the return department that the return code is T. F. S. When the woman asked what the code meant the Tech rep explained to the woman that she was " Too F...ing Stupid " to own a computer. rofl

paul1217's photo
Fri 02/11/11 09:29 PM
Most of the people I work with suffer from Anal Craniumitis. Anyone know a Dr. that can perform a Rectal Craniotomy?laugh laugh

paul1217's photo
Fri 02/11/11 09:25 PM
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Dr. Hunter S Thompson

paul1217's photo
Mon 01/31/11 12:45 PM
Have you heard the Transportation Safety Authority's new slogan?

We handle more packages than the Post Office. laugh

paul1217's photo
Thu 01/27/11 01:49 PM
Tact, the art of telling a person to go to Hell in such a manner that they anticipate the trip.happy

paul1217's photo
Tue 01/18/11 03:54 PM
I think that is assault with a friendly weapon. laugh

paul1217's photo
Sun 01/16/11 12:23 PM

So what's in the basement?laugh

My ex!!!!!laugh laugh

paul1217's photo
Sat 01/15/11 03:32 PM
That would explain how the bailout worked if the German tourist got the 100 note by taxing the Hotel clerk, the butcher, the pig farmer, the feed and grain supplier and the bartender each 50. Then left the 100 note on the hotel counter after screwing the prostitute and neglecting to pay her until she threatened to give his name to the press. That's how the Bailout really worked. laugh laugh

paul1217's photo
Sat 01/15/11 02:46 PM
The funny thing about Common sense is that just like common courtesy it really isn't that common anymore.slaphead

paul1217's photo
Sat 01/01/11 09:46 PM

Well, the history of a country, and Geneology are two different types of history.

Im sure I left out much American history in my breif overview (such as the Trans Continental Railroad, etc.), but its all good!!

They are two different types of history but the relationship between the two can provide a more personal connection to American History. That personal connection can help to provide interest and motivation to students. America is one of the youngest countries in the world and a lot of our citizens do not have or are not aware of their ancestors participation in this countries history, or the reasons their ancestors chose to move here and make this their country.

paul1217's photo
Sat 01/01/11 08:26 PM

American History: Some folks in England got tired of the King and his dictatorship.
They decided to go to America. They sailed until they hit Plymouth rock.
Got off the boat and made some small colonies.
Found out that Native Indians were already there...befriended some of them, and killed others!!

More and more people came from England and other parts of Europe.
They became settlers on the new frontier.
But the King of England did not like these people and sent his armies after them.

They fought off the Brittish army and won their freedom and independence from England.

They set up a new form of govt.
One which allowed freedom of speech, religion, and the right to pursue life, liberty, and happiness.

They ventured west, discovering a wonderful and rich land with great natural resources.

They began to refine many of the resources and began to industrialize.

The Industrial Revolution became strong and spawned many a man to help build a nation.

Slavery became an issue. Some folks agreed with it, and others did not.

The Civil War was fought over slavery, and slavery was abolished....although many hard and racial feelings would linger on for decades to come.

Through all this, the nation continued to grow and prosper. The strength of the nation was rapidly moving up in the world position.

The late 19th and early 20th century saw the Gold Rush days, and more people migrated to America to share in the freedom they lacked in their home country.

War broke out world wide. The U.S. decided to stay out of it (for the most part).

American currency became quite strong during this period.

Then came the "Roaring Twenties"....the 1920's was both a strong and a weak time for America.
Good economic times ruled most of the decade, until the stock market crash in 1929.

The Great Depression and the Dust Bowl days of the 1930's was a wake up call for America, indicating that it could fail....but thankfully, it did'nt.

Economic recovery began to increase. And then....WWII breaks out.
America is forced into WWII on Dec. 7 1941.

The war lasted until 1945, and America had bravely defeated all opponents.

The 1950's was arguably the time when America was at its peak.
The horrors of WWII were over, the economy bounced back stronger than ever.

America's production and manufacturing was at its all time high point, the "Space Race" was on!!

Pride and Patriotism is America was understandably high...we had become the strongest, most desirable nation on earth (in less than 200 years!!).

The 1960's...things began to change. The Space Race was still on, but our manufacturing was showing signs of regression.

A new war in Vietnam was breaking out, this was the "politicians war" and was largely unpopular with the American public.
Many political and public social figures were assasinated in this time.
A lot of civil unrest had set the stage for years to come.
The Civil Rights Movement, Womans Liberation Movement, drug use, the Summer of Love, Woodstock, and first man on the Moon were all products of this decade.

Although many battles were fought and won (such as the Civil Rights Movement) for the better, the nation as a whole, had begun its steady decline.

The 1970's was somewhat of a "cooling off" period in American society.
The Arab Oil Embargo was a purposeful and direct threat to the USA by the Arab oil countries.

Many Americans began to purchase more and more foreign goods, and less American goods.
Credit Cards had become more in use than ever before.
Disco flashed on the scene brightly, but fizzled out quickly.
The first video games had come into existence, and the kids were hooked!!

The 1980's...the 'electronic' age!!
More video games, ATM machines, personal computers, bar code scanners!!
The end of the Cold War...with America being victorious.
Asian goods taking a huge chunk from the American economy, and becoming a very serious contender.

The 1990's
Grunge, the Dot Com boom, the Internet.

A rapid increase in political scandals, more Americans in debt. Overall, a bigger decline in American history.

2000...a new Millenium!! It starts off at a slow pace, then America is subjected to a terror attack on 9-11-01.

America is suddenly forever plunged into a new era of "Big Brother" and more invasive government.

Americans foolishly give up certain freedoms and conveniences to feel "safe" from further attacks...only to find their own govt. being the new attacker.

A rather brief, yet very insightful look at American History.

One of the problems I see in teaching American History is infused into the History of America itself. Being a country of such diverse ethnic background and open immigration for such a long period of time, many of today's youth may not have or see their connection to the history of this country. I was never particularly interested in history in High school. However I became interested in Geneology recently and after discovering that my ancestors on both sides can be traced back to pre-revolutionary America, my interest in History has grown. I realize that a majority of Americans can not trace there lineage that far back. Perhaps introducing Geneology into the classroom in conjunction with History might help students develop more interest into there past.

As I said a large percentage of Americans may only be able to trace there "American history" back for a few generations. They may discover the reasons why their family migrated to America and this may awaken a new sense of pride and patriotism in America. We are after all a melting pot and the history of our country,as such, has less of a personal connection for some as it does for others. Perhaps awakening our youth to their personal histories will instill as much pride in the Country their ancestors chose to call their own as those who's ancestors chose tho make their own.

paul1217's photo
Fri 12/31/10 07:30 PM

I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is so obviously unarmed. frustrated frustrated

I see a clip from your favorite TV show. Perhaps one day Mommy will let you move out of the basement and your eyes will open to what life in the real world is like. Until then keep reading the headlines and accept whatever is written as gospel.

paul1217's photo
Fri 12/31/10 07:17 PM

I think you have just reached a new level of ignorance, as well as insensitivity and down right stupidity. To compare an accident during a blizzard to the intentional rape of a woman has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever heard. I thought this was a rational conversation with differing opinions but now I realize I was having a conversation with a complete a$$. Crawl back under whatever rock you came from.

The incident stopped being an accident, the moment they choose to hit the car again. The trucks "owner's" wife was present, you can hear her telling on the video. Maybe she could have gotten the keys and moved the car? Nah!

I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is so obviously unarmed. frustrated frustrated

paul1217's photo
Fri 12/31/10 07:09 PM

i saw that video, and there really wasn't any other way to get the front end loader out of there... i'm sure they need that tractor to help clear some roads, and it was an older explorer that had 100,000 miles on it that was owned by the city.... not that big of a deal

It would be felony hit and run if anyone else had done that...why do the city workers get a pass?

maybe because the owners of the explorer (the city) didn't press charges? dosn't it have to be reported as a crime to be a crime?

So I can rape a woman and as long as she never reports it, it's legal?

I think you have just reached a new level of ignorance, as well as insensitivity and down right stupidity. To compare an accident during a blizzard to the intentional rape of a woman has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever heard. I thought this was a rational conversation with differing opinions but now I realize I was having a conversation with a complete a$$. Crawl back under whatever rock you came from.