Community > Posts By > paul1217

paul1217's photo
Wed 03/02/11 04:15 PM

doesn't this research also boarder on Worm Hole theory too? If they open a breach between universes things could go very wrong.

Supposedly the creation of a hypothetical heissman/bose particle was supposed to equal doomsday too!

I remember hearing stories, rumors, during the construction and testing of the CERN facility that all of the setbacks encountered at the facility were the result of scientists from the future trying to stop the facility from operating. The story, probably begun by a paranoid conspiracy theorist, went something like this:

"After full start up of the facility it somehow generated a wormhole in the fabric of time and destroyed the planet or humanity in the future. Before it's destruction scientist working at the facility in the future return through the wormhole and attempt to sabotage the facility."

Now if they travel back in time through a wormhole that destroys the future, and are successful in preventing the wormhole from forming, then how did they get back here to prevent the wormhole?

Perhaps the scientific quest to find the elusive "God particle" will in fact allow more than the scientists to find God, then we can just ask him.

laugh oops rofl rofl spock

paul1217's photo
Tue 03/01/11 05:22 PM

The one I use the most... COMMON sense!

Unfortunately, Common sense and Common Courtesy aren't really that Common anymore.

paul1217's photo
Tue 03/01/11 05:22 PM

The one I use the most... COMMON sense!

Unfortunately, Common sense and Common Courtesy aren't really that Common anymore.

paul1217's photo
Tue 03/01/11 04:14 PM
Flowers, jewelry, Her dream wedding, a nice house, and a 5-7 day spa vacation once a month for her and her closest friend. flowers

We get to pick the week she goes to the spa!!!!!!oops rofl pitchfork

paul1217's photo
Tue 03/01/11 04:01 PM

But don't you think it's possible to have some standards that are just plain stupid?

We are talking about the Human Race right?

Off course people will have stupid standards. You want proof, check out prime time TV, or read the paper, the news is full of proof that people have a lot of stupid standards. ie. Politicians.slaphead rofl

paul1217's photo
Tue 03/01/11 03:51 PM
Having standards is great place to start, but you also have to have realistic standards. I would love to date a 25 year old super model, and I could set all kinds of standards about looks, age body type etc. I would however spend the rest of my life alone and probably broke from trying to impress the young ladies.

Everyone has key traits that we are drawn toward, whether we realize and admit it or not. Everyone, man or woman, is attracted to certain physical qualities in a partner and therefore in most dating situations a lot of people will be dismissed based on physical attributes alone.

Most of the strongest, longest lasting relationships I know of began with people who didn't start off looking for someone to date. They got to know each other through common interest, work or other settings without the pressure of a potential romance looming over head. They became friends, then close friends, then best friends, and then when they least expect it they realize they're in love.

slaphead slaphead Ok, so I'm a hopeless romantic, destined to spend the rest of my life watching my best friends fall in love with some A.. who inevitably treats them like crap. Then they come looking to me for a shoulder to cry on until they find the next one.
frustrated frustrated oops offtopic

Keep those standards high, your prince, or dream girl is right around the corner.rofl rofl rofl

paul1217's photo
Tue 03/01/11 03:07 PM
What is better than Flowers on your piano?

Tulips on your organ!!laugh laugh

paul1217's photo
Tue 03/01/11 03:03 PM
Maybe they'll schedule a big test for December 21, 2012? Even if the test is a complete disaster it could still prove the Mayan's right.laugh laugh

paul1217's photo
Mon 02/28/11 07:01 PM
Very Cool!

paul1217's photo
Mon 02/28/11 05:57 PM
Today or this decade? either way I think it's No.

paul1217's photo
Mon 02/28/11 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRcj9WbHLjk

paul1217's photo
Mon 02/28/11 04:54 PM
No, you mean there is Hypocrisy in the News and in Politics? I thought everything on the News was hard, well researched, Fact. I am so confused now, If I can't trust the News, and I can't trust the Politicians who can I trust?

laugh laugh slaphead slaphead laugh laugh

paul1217's photo
Mon 02/28/11 04:40 PM

when it crosses your boundaries and they don't stop after you say stop

what about the he say she say...reason I am asking I am doing a general survey for a revised company policy

For a company policy, check with your local labor department and state and Federal OSHA regs. Policies for work need to be written and established according to the applicable Federal, State and Local Standards. They should then be provided to all employees, read and a confirmation signed by the employee and kept on file. The employer can be held legally responsible for Harassment at work if the company is not careful about implementing and strictly adhering to written policies. There are companies that specialize in providing policies that have been prepared and meet all requirements. (JJ. Keller, and BLS come to mind, off the top of my head). I was a Health and Safety, Compliance officer for 2 companies.

paul1217's photo
Mon 02/28/11 02:54 PM

This is a really cool interactive demonstration of the scale of the universe.

If you know of other such online interactive demos, especially better ones, please tell me.

(If you are in a quiet environment, this site plays light background music. )
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fprimaxstudio.com%2Fstuff%2Fscale_of_universe%2F&h=4867e

You should pull just the actual url and not the Facebook link, trying to connect this way brings up a warning from Facebook.

paul1217's photo
Mon 02/28/11 02:08 PM
Of course the moon is hollow, and made of cheese. slaphead laugh

paul1217's photo
Sat 02/26/11 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF0SYlaugh

paul1217's photo
Sat 02/26/11 05:15 PM
I'm looking for my best friend, someone that I can talk to about anything. I don't look for qualities in a person, I look for the quality of the person. happy

paul1217's photo
Sat 02/26/11 01:51 PM
Edited by paul1217 on Sat 02/26/11 01:53 PM
i always read matter cannot be created or destroyed, just rearranged...

actually there are some disputes about the E=mc2 formula,basically energy creates matter

According to Einstein, Energy doesn't "create matter". Energy and Matter are both but different manifestations of the same thing.

"It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing — a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E = mc², in which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied by the square of the velocity of light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large amount of energy and vice versa. The mass and energy were in fact equivalent, according to the formula mentioned before. This was demonstrated by Cockcroft and Walton in 1932, experimentally." Albert Einstein

paul1217's photo
Sat 02/26/11 01:42 PM

i read something also where space was mostly antimatter and an electrical charge occured producing enough energy to create matter which in turn mixed with the antimatter and BOOM it started a chain of energy which kept creating matter then finally matter over took antimatter

It is all a question of Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it don't Matter. happy

paul1217's photo
Fri 02/25/11 10:44 PM
The problem I see in all arguments concerning Black Holes, mass, Energy, Gravity and time is that Physicists are still not certain of the exact relationship between mass and Energy. Einstein, a patent clerk, quoted below:

"It followed from the special theory of relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing -- a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E is equal to m c-squared, in which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied by the square of the velocity of light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large amount of energy and vice versa. The mass and energy were in fact equivalent, according to the formula mentioned above. This was demonstrated by Cockcroft and Walton in 1932, experimentally."

This theory has been tested with experimental data and observed occurrence and has proved to be a very sound theory. It is however still a "Theory", to date mankind lacks the technology and knowledge to prove this theory as fact. It is based on certain assumptions that, at present time are beyond our ability to observe.

Add to this the fact that "Time" is, in itself, a tool created by man to explain observations in the physical world in which we live in. No one questions the fact that time exists in the day to day world that we live in. But I would defy anyone to provide to me physical proof that defines what "Time" is without using the concept of what they are trying to prove in the explanation of their proof.

Consequently since the theory of relativity explains the relationships between mass and energy as a factor of a constant that has "Time" as a component, how can you prove what happens to "Time" when all of the factors necessary to prove your theories are dependent upon the "Time" that you can't prove exists in the first place.