Community > Posts By > paul1217

paul1217's photo
Sun 04/03/11 03:48 PM
drinker drinks drinker drinks

paul1217's photo
Sun 04/03/11 03:41 PM

..i'm thinking the radiation that's pouring into the atmosphere that they're not telling us about,so that we don't panic should do it..or that the nuclear melt downs will eventually blow up sending a shock wave down through the crack from the earthquake straight into the core,sending the molten core up to the surface at which time the

planet will stop spinning the magnetic field will become non existent and a solar flare will burn us all up ..or we will lose all gravitational pull and everything that isn't bolted down to hell will soar upwards towards the outer atmosphere and burn up..that is if the earth hasn't split in several bits by then..but i could be wrong...smokin

laugh "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play" laugh

paul1217's photo
Sun 04/03/11 02:28 PM
I don't know if a World War would mean the end of the world. Yes there are some scary countries with nuclear capability, but I don't think the first or retaliatory strikes would be "extinction level" events.

Personally I think it will be a natural disaster. I think Mother nature has about had it with the way humanity has been treating her. I haven't researched or been keeping count, but it does seem to me that volcanic and tectonic activity has been on the rise.

I'm thinking, Caldera, perhaps Yellowstone. If that "blows" it will pretty much, well, Blow! explode explode what what

paul1217's photo
Sun 04/03/11 02:10 PM

i got tired of waiting, so i got one of those dolls with the pull string in the back. now i hear "i love you" whenever i want

I wonder if those come as boy dolls.

Somehow it's just not the same. :smile:

paul1217's photo
Sun 04/03/11 02:05 PM
drinker drinker

paul1217's photo
Sun 04/03/11 02:03 PM
Yes!happy A very special friend.happy happy

paul1217's photo
Thu 03/31/11 08:27 PM

The end of the world, or the end of the human race? The world will outlast humanity, just like it did the Dinosaur. In the overall scheme of the Universe, humanity is a mere blink of an eye. Humanity, as we know it, is nothing more than the fossil fuel for future inhabitants of this rock. happy

honest question im not trying to sound like an moron but if we are all buried in caskets now and im sure they are upgrading them as they do any innovation are human bodies able to turn in to a usable fossil fuel?

The Dinosaurs weren't buried at all and the fuel that supposedly comes from them is a mile or more below the ground now. Mother Earth will take care of us no matter how hard we try to fight her.laugh

paul1217's photo
Thu 03/31/11 06:33 PM
The end of the world, or the end of the human race? The world will outlast humanity, just like it did the Dinosaur. In the overall scheme of the Universe, humanity is a mere blink of an eye. Humanity, as we know it, is nothing more than the fossil fuel for future inhabitants of this rock. happy

paul1217's photo
Thu 03/31/11 03:26 PM
Talk to him, and let him know that he can talk to you, about anything. I have a teenage daughter, who lived with my ex until starting college this year, she would get mad at me for things I didn't even realize I did wrong and not speak to me for weeks. I would get a call from my ex saying she was mad, and " it has been building for a while". I am now working to get her to be more open with me and talk to me about what's wrong.

It sounds like your son is young enough to get him to open up to you. If you can get him to be open with you and stand up for what he wants and how he feels with you now it will probably transfer over to the rest of his life. You may have to pry it out of him at first, but keep talking. It will never get any easier.

Wish someone had said this to me 8 years ago! Good Luck

paul1217's photo
Thu 03/31/11 03:09 PM
I think some men are intimidated by women that are smart enough to see through the lines of BS that they attempt to use to impress them. laugh

paul1217's photo
Sat 03/26/11 06:37 PM

Ah, so now josie68 wants to re-write the dictionary. The words mean what they mean. In order for us to communicate we must agree on what the words mean. I feel the dictionary definitions should apply.

Something must be moving from inside your brain to God for him/her to get the message. A thought is a tiny impulse of energy and information. It must move from you to God to be heard, even if it all takes place within your own head.

I don't think josie is trying to rewrite the dictionary.

A Scientific Law can be "proven" experimentally, and repeatedly.

A Scientific Theory can not be proven, The theory is usually derived as the result of observations, and is only "verified" to the extent that it accurately confirms the Hypothesis under the experimental and observable conditions available at the time.

There are many scientific theories that have been proven wrong as technology and new information becomes available. At one time the theories that the World was Flat, the Earth was the center of the Solar system, and the Universe was static were all accepted scientific theories.

paul1217,

I don't think those were theories, more like religious ideas.

The Static Universe theory was Einstein's, I could list others, just trying to show that a Theory no matter how accepted is not the same as a Scientific Law. Many widely accepted scientific theories have been proven wrong after years or even decades of acceptance.

paul1217's photo
Sat 03/26/11 04:21 PM

Ah, so now josie68 wants to re-write the dictionary. The words mean what they mean. In order for us to communicate we must agree on what the words mean. I feel the dictionary definitions should apply.

Something must be moving from inside your brain to God for him/her to get the message. A thought is a tiny impulse of energy and information. It must move from you to God to be heard, even if it all takes place within your own head.

I don't think josie is trying to rewrite the dictionary.

A Scientific Law can be "proven" experimentally, and repeatedly.

A Scientific Theory can not be proven, The theory is usually derived as the result of observations, and is only "verified" to the extent that it accurately confirms the Hypothesis under the experimental and observable conditions available at the time.

There are many scientific theories that have been proven wrong as technology and new information becomes available. At one time the theories that the World was Flat, the Earth was the center of the Solar system, and the Universe was static were all accepted scientific theories.

paul1217's photo
Fri 03/25/11 07:25 PM

aww..your too sweet but my eyes are green flowerforyou

Forgive me I'm color blind and they look blue in the picture to me.oops flowers

paul1217's photo
Fri 03/25/11 07:19 PM

I just put up almost all the pics I have of me..I hate my pic taken..I am afraid the camera will break from my ugly mug

Far from an ugly mug. You have a very pretty face and beautiful blue eyes.waving

paul1217's photo
Fri 03/25/11 06:04 PM
I really like the one of me they have up in the post office, just trying to figure out how I can get my hands on it without getting caught!laugh laugh oops Just forget I ever said that OK! slaphead

paul1217's photo
Fri 03/25/11 02:20 PM
The biggest problem with almost any rating system is that it can be severely compromised by the simple addition of alcohol. Always remember that a 2 at 10pm will probably look like a 10 at 2am. Then of course there is that awkward reversal in the morning. And unfortunately the designated driver, being upset at his sobriety will usually be telling you how great he or she looks at 2am, so they can spend the next week laughing at you.laugh laugh drinker drinker love love asleep asleep noway noway oops

paul1217's photo
Thu 03/24/11 10:18 PM
Edited by paul1217 on Thu 03/24/11 10:19 PM
Double post.oops

paul1217's photo
Thu 03/24/11 10:18 PM
Edited by paul1217 on Thu 03/24/11 10:19 PM
The problem isn't so much that the politicians forgot where they came from, as it is they come from everywhere. The US has always had an open door policy, so there isn't a majority that can trace there roots back to the foundation of America. A lot of "Americans" are only 3rd - 5th generation Americans. The principles that this country was founded on have been watered down, this country was built by working together for the benefit of all. Now it is more like every man for himself, while our government puts our resources to use overseas to attempt to convert cultures that have existed for 1000's of years that our 250 year old culture is better.

I have traced my family, on both sides, in America before the country existed. My ancestors fought to build a country where they could follow their religious beliefs and wouldn't be taxed into oblivion so the "government" could colonize and exploit cultures around the globe. It's time we, as a nation, concentrate on our own culture and way of life. A country founded on Freedom of religion has no business trying to influence cultures that have existed longer than it has existed. If people want to emigrate to the US and support the society that our founding fathers created let them in. If they want to come here, illegally, and drain our resources and contribute nothing send them packing.

We need to start working together to take care of our own country. We need to use our own resources and support our own industries.

paul1217's photo
Thu 03/24/11 09:33 PM
Again I understand your frustration, probably better than you do. I have been in the same business for 25 years, worked my way up the hard way, and now watch half of my earnings disappear in taxes. Then I get to watch our government spend billions of dollars fighting wars in countries that don't want us there. And now we just loaned Brazil 2 billion dollars to help them drill for oil in the Gulf of Mexico, while we have a moratorium on US companies drilling in the Gulf. Our government does need to start answering to the people, or the people need to learn to speak Chinese.

paul1217's photo
Thu 03/24/11 09:05 PM
I agree with you and I see your point, but you are 19 years old so I'm guessing you haven't paid that much into social security yet. You will and it probably won't be there for you when you need it. I would, however, suggest that you try to find yourself a job with a big company that has benefits, even for a short time, and get yourself healthy. Then you can concentrate on a career you want. There will be plenty of time to become cynical and dwell on the fact that the majority of the middle class today will be working and struggling until they put us in a box.

Try to enjoy your youth, it really doesn't get much better. frustrated frustrated

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25