Community > Posts By > paul1217

paul1217's photo
Sat 04/09/11 05:51 PM

I have been saying this for years! Does anyone in our Government own a World History book, no one has won a war in Afghanistan in over 1000 years. The Soviet Union fought the Taliban there for 9 years until it bankrupt the country. We've been there for 10 years now and look at our economy.

they are not trying to win a war in afganistan, they are trying to protect their interests there... copper, lithium, gold, oil, and maybe a few others i don't know about...

First: Who's interest, Big Business?
Second: What good does it do to protect "their" interests, by destroying the economy?

It is time for OUR Government to start working for US!

i agree... but what are we going to do?

Elect me President, laugh I have more common sense than most of the Politicians. Common sense should tell all the politicians and big business execs, it doesn't matter how much money you have, if that money is worthless! We are dealing with a staggering deficit and we are still spending Billions fighting in countries that don't want us there. My ancestors fought in the Revolution so that they could live their lives with the freedom to follow their religious beliefs and not have to pay taxes to a distant Aristocratic government. It makes me sick to work my tail off, so my tax money to be spent trying to change cultures that have existed for thousands of years, while the Corporate "Aristocracy" profits.

America is in debt and we are still spending Billions in other countries instead of taking care of our own. Enough!!

cool..are you going to replace the congress and senate too?

No but we'll eliminate Lobbying, and salaries and work hours for all Elected officials will be based on the average of the constituents they represent. That should pretty much eliminate Politicians from seeking election for personal gain, after all they are elected to represent their constituents.

paul1217's photo
Sat 04/09/11 05:39 PM

I have been saying this for years! Does anyone in our Government own a World History book, no one has won a war in Afghanistan in over 1000 years. The Soviet Union fought the Taliban there for 9 years until it bankrupt the country. We've been there for 10 years now and look at our economy.

they are not trying to win a war in afganistan, they are trying to protect their interests there... copper, lithium, gold, oil, and maybe a few others i don't know about...

Second: What good does it do to protect "their" interests, by destroying the economy?

i agree... but what are we going to do?

Elect me President, laugh I have more common sense than most of the Politicians. Common sense should tell all the politicians and big business execs, it doesn't matter how much money you have, if that money is worthless! We are dealing with a staggering deficit and we are still spending Billions fighting in countries that don't want us there. My ancestors fought in the Revolution so that they could live their lives with the freedom to follow their religious beliefs and not have to pay taxes to a distant Aristocratic government. It makes me sick to work my tail off, so my tax money to be spent trying to change cultures that have existed for thousands of years, while the Corporate "Aristocracy" profits.

America is in debt and we are still spending Billions in other countries instead of taking care of our own. Enough!!

paul1217's photo
Sat 04/09/11 05:08 PM

Im a saggitarian, and yes, Im a condescending, royal pain in the a$$..

But at least you're always right! laugh As a fellow Sagitarian, I would have to say the traits are pretty much on the money!

paul1217's photo
Sat 04/09/11 05:08 PM

Im a saggitarian, and yes, Im a condescending, royal pain in the a$$..

But at least you're always right! laugh As a fellow Sagitarian, I would have to say the traits are pretty much on the money!

paul1217's photo
Sat 04/09/11 04:51 PM

paul1217's photo
Sat 04/09/11 04:43 PM
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!

Don't let the A..holes in the World get to you, you're out numbered!

Work smart, not hard!

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't drink, when they get up in the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day!

paul1217's photo
Sat 04/09/11 04:30 PM

paul1217's photo
Fri 04/08/11 09:34 PM

And if we don't start working together, Rich, Poor and Middle Class, it wont matter because China will own it all anyway!laugh
I realy dont think the rich care what nationality you are, they have no borders anyhow and our american rich have abandoned their countrymen years ago.

Then it's time for OUR Government to abandon them! There the ones getting the tax breaks, bailouts and Government contracts. Who exactly are the Politicians representing. I seriously question whether my best interests are served fighting a war for 10 years in a country that no one has successfully won a war in for 1000 years. Or if 2 billion dollars "loaned" to Brazil to drill for oil in the Gulf, where American companies can't drill, is improving my quality of life.
With the exception of the rank and file government workers I realy think at the national level the government serves the rich and their interests.

Someone has to make drinking water safe, keep the sewers clear and the roads paved and nuclear power regulated and I tip my hate to those that serve along those lines.

The people writeing the laws and pukeing out propaganda not even believeing their own lies should be tarred and feathered.

I happen to be in the Environmental Business, and the truly sad thing is that right now the "Government" doesn't even have the money to enforce the regulations and force the Oil Companies (that are making a fortune because of "the War on Terror" in the Middle East) to clean up the mess they make here. Most of the majors are pulling out of the retail market to avoid the pollution liability associated with the underground tanks. These stations are being bought up and operated by foreign companies who bail out if they have a spill. Then the "Government", our taxes, pay to clean up the mess. It's time for our Government to start working for us, not Big Business, not foreign nations, not illegal immigrants. The simple hard working Middle Class Americans! This is not what the Founding Fathers had in mind! This is not what my ancestors fought for.

paul1217's photo
Fri 04/08/11 09:15 PM

And if we don't start working together, Rich, Poor and Middle Class, it wont matter because China will own it all anyway!laugh
I realy dont think the rich care what nationality you are, they have no borders anyhow and our american rich have abandoned their countrymen years ago.

Then it's time for OUR Government to abandon them! There the ones getting the tax breaks, bailouts and Government contracts. Who exactly are the Politicians representing. I seriously question whether my best interests are served fighting a war for 10 years in a country that no one has successfully won a war in for 1000 years. Or if 2 billion dollars "loaned" to Brazil to drill for oil in the Gulf, where American companies can't drill, is improving my quality of life.

paul1217's photo
Fri 04/08/11 09:02 PM

paul1217's photo
Fri 04/08/11 07:28 PM

That's my Motto Paul...
A bad day fishing is still pretty freakin sweet!

My fish aren't bait!rant They are baby MONSTERS!
But ooooh.... I am jealous I want something I really have to fight with!

Come out to the Island, I got a buddy who is a charter Capt, never came back in without a 40" fish in the boat. happy By the way, What do you have when you put 20 fisherman in the same place? A room full of liars! laugh laugh Have a great time, some of us have to work.tears

paul1217's photo
Fri 04/08/11 07:23 PM
I feel great, good food, good friend, great time! Life is good!happy bigsmile happy

paul1217's photo
Fri 04/08/11 07:19 PM
Haley, Stripe Bass season opens in May, biggest and best fishing is in the Fall. When you're ready to FISH, let me know!laugh laugh The fish in your pictures is about the size of our bait.:tongue: Seriously enjoy the fishing. Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

paul1217's photo
Fri 04/08/11 01:54 PM
Catfish, Blue gills, Crappies, sounds like you're fishing in puddles. laugh Saltwater is where it's at. Nothing like the fight of a 30 or 40 pound Stripper to let you know you're fishing.happy

paul1217's photo
Thu 04/07/11 10:16 PM
Why is NY holding its first Terrorist attack drill now? 10 years after 911, they are holding a 5 day long terrorist prevention/response drill to see if they can prevent/respond to a "dirty bomb attack". What aren't they telling us?

paul1217's photo
Thu 04/07/11 09:09 PM
Because most people only care about themselves. True friends are always there for others and usually have no one there when they need a shoulder. Take care of yourself, you are the only one you can count on!

paul1217's photo
Mon 04/04/11 07:24 AM
flowers flowers :banana: :banana: :banana: waving waving :wink: :wink: Happy Birthday, Holly!!!flowers flowers flowers

paul1217's photo
Sun 04/03/11 04:52 PM
Another thread flip I see. As for the original question, feeling very relaxed and happy right now, life is good.happy happy

paul1217's photo
Sun 04/03/11 04:47 PM

thinking should I or shouldn't I...

I think you should, unless you think you shouldn't? happy waving

paul1217's photo
Sun 04/03/11 03:55 PM
Last night. drinks :smile: :wink: :banana: drool :banana: tongue2 :banana: happy :thumbsup: asleep biggrin biggrin

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25