Community > Posts By > paul1217

paul1217's photo
Fri 07/01/11 08:44 PM
I would love to find someone I can get along with first. The problem I always run into is I become close friends and then they are afraid to ruin the friendship. Then I have to watch them have ... with guys who treat them like crap. Guess what, eventually the friendship changes either wafrustrated frustrated y!

paul1217's photo
Sat 06/18/11 10:53 AM
I have always believed that the ideal situation would be to fall in love with my "best friend". To get to know someone and have the relationship develop from there. Unfortunately in my experience, most women are afraid to "risk the friendship". Then of course they get involved "romantically" with someone else and the friendship usually changes anyway. I think it's time to just stop looking for "love", then maybe it will find me.laugh frustrated frustrated

paul1217's photo
Sun 06/12/11 06:53 PM

friends are over-rated....I have an army of cats! Much ,much better!happy

Friends are over rated, True friends are priceless! The more a person has to tell you, and others they are your friend, the less likely they will remain your friend for long.
and cats are self cleaning!

With the right friend helping them get clean can be fun!laugh :banana: :banana: drool

paul1217's photo
Sun 06/12/11 06:49 PM

friends are over-rated....I have an army of cats! Much ,much better!happy

Friends are over rated, True friends are priceless! The more a person has to tell you, and others they are your friend, the less likely they will remain your friend for long.

paul1217's photo
Sun 06/12/11 03:51 PM
Personally, I find the funniest part of the show is that the main character picking up all these woman is not interested in them to start with. Perhaps the reason they all go home with him is to get wardrobe advise or hair care tips!laugh laugh

paul1217's photo
Sat 06/11/11 04:41 PM

thats clever

there is another one detective goren asked on criminal intent that I still havent figured out

'if you came to two doors, one leading to heaven and the other to hell, and the guard guarding the door to heaven could only tell the truth and the guard gurding the door to hell could only tell lies,,,what one question would you ask to decide which door to enter to get to heaven?'

Ask either guard, " What door would the other guard tell me leads to heaven." Then pick the other door.

paul1217's photo
Sat 06/04/11 04:41 PM
I feel like a million! Old, Green and wrinkled! ill drinks ill oops

paul1217's photo
Wed 05/25/11 04:39 PM
Of course. Burn's once, tans over a day or two later then I'm good for the summer. The key is to moisturize so you don't peel.

paul1217's photo
Wed 05/25/11 04:17 PM
Neil Peart, Rush

paul1217's photo
Sun 05/22/11 03:04 PM
I went to heaven Saturday night, but I don't think it had anything to do with the rapture! laugh :banana: :banana: bigsmile

paul1217's photo
Sun 05/22/11 01:27 PM
I feel like a million! Nothing like a weekend in Montauk to revitalize the soul and spirit!bigsmile bigsmile :banana: :banana:

paul1217's photo
Sun 05/15/11 04:26 PM

Do you like to do romantic things and make romantic

gestures for someone? Flowers, poems, cards?

Little notes, surprises, text messages?

Or do you like little or no fuss?

Hopelessly! Unfortunately I haven't had anyone to do those things for in a while.sad2 If I had someone I'd be trying to put a smile on her face instead of posting in the forums here.laugh frustrated Anyone looking for a hopeless romantic?flowers laugh

paul1217's photo
Sun 05/15/11 03:33 PM

I believe you need to start thinking about yourself and your health before thinking about others. Not to stop doing what your doing but pull back a little. Leason to your favoret music on the way home, clear your mind of your day. Just try to relax.

Words of wisdom. I do listen to nice relaxing tunes when I am coming and going to work and I am cycling as I do it so that does help. You are right though that I need to spend more time taking care of myself. Just hard to turn my back on people that need me but after feeling so ill, I will have to start saying no. Thanks for your input.flowerforyou

I have often been, and continue to be, a leaning post for people as well. I think it is just the way I was raised, just can't seem to say no. Recently though I have started to become a lot more selective with who I say yes to. There are a lot of "friends" out there that will always be there leaning on you. I realized the best policy is to help the people that are there for me. Life is a lot less stressful with a few true friends than with a lot of "friends". I have wasted to much of my life trying to help out people who either won't help themselves, or aho get back on there feet and disappear until they need something again.

What you say makes sense. The people I have said no to have disowned me but that is alright with me. Like you I feel I have wasted my life trying to help out others. I just can't do it anymore. Fact is the people that I have been there for haven't been there for me. It is certainly draining.

Don't give up on everyone, there are some great people out there. I haven't given up, or I wouldn't be on here. I am just a lot more selective than I use to be. I get a great feeling, helping others, and doing so has brought me closer to some of my closest and dearest friends.

paul1217's photo
Sun 05/15/11 12:18 PM

I believe you need to start thinking about yourself and your health before thinking about others. Not to stop doing what your doing but pull back a little. Leason to your favoret music on the way home, clear your mind of your day. Just try to relax.

Words of wisdom. I do listen to nice relaxing tunes when I am coming and going to work and I am cycling as I do it so that does help. You are right though that I need to spend more time taking care of myself. Just hard to turn my back on people that need me but after feeling so ill, I will have to start saying no. Thanks for your input.flowerforyou

I have often been, and continue to be, a leaning post for people as well. I think it is just the way I was raised, just can't seem to say no. Recently though I have started to become a lot more selective with who I say yes to. There are a lot of "friends" out there that will always be there leaning on you. I realized the best policy is to help the people that are there for me. Life is a lot less stressful with a few true friends than with a lot of "friends". I have wasted to much of my life trying to help out people who either won't help themselves, or aho get back on there feet and disappear until they need something again.

paul1217's photo
Sun 05/15/11 11:54 AM

I don't know anymore....
I've been alone too long

That makes two of us! flowers flowers waving

As for the original question, if anyone ever finds the answer to that question, they would make a fortune. I think the best you can hope for is to be yourself and hope that someday you can find someone that likes who you are. If you try to change yourself into something you're not to get a woman chances are it won't last anyway!

paul1217's photo
Fri 05/13/11 05:29 PM
Don't let the A..holes in the world get to you, you're out numbered!

paul1217's photo
Wed 05/04/11 03:13 PM
As he walked to the door he was heard muttering, " I need this right now like I need a hole in my head!"happy happy happy

paul1217's photo
Thu 04/28/11 06:10 PM
Clapton
Beck
BB King
Mark Knoffler
David Gilmore
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Keith Richards
Alex Lifeson (Rush)
Stephen Stills
George Thorogood

IMO

paul1217's photo
Thu 04/28/11 05:40 PM

I'm pushing somethin' .... I hope it's a buttonblushing

You can push my button any time you want!:wink: :wink: flowers

paul1217's photo
Sat 04/23/11 10:05 PM
I may be growing older, but I refuse to grow up!

Remember it is never too late to have a happy childhood!

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25