Community > Posts By > chris2460

no photo
Thu 12/07/17 05:38 AM
What a tough situation - taking care of your 11 yr old brother. Are there any support groups in your area? Best of luck to youflowerforyou

Be be careful on these dating sites - saying you're lonely could open you up to a bunch of scammers!

no photo
Wed 12/06/17 03:44 PM
rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Wed 12/06/17 12:13 PM

That is very judgemental Waterloosunset.
Sometimes you try really hard because of the vows you took, always forgiving.
There is a time when it hits you that nothing will ever change.

Sometimes people live in a world of denial.

Not necessarily - some relationships are more complicated than that - I married someone who was a real good actor - a "Dr. Jekle Mr Hyde" personality that didn't come out until after we were married. noway

no photo
Wed 12/06/17 12:09 PM

Sometimes you try really hard because of the vows you took, always forgiving.
There is a time when it hits you that nothing will ever change.

Yes, the reality for me was - Love wasn't enough/sufficient to remain in the relationship...swallowing the bittersweet pill of failure went down hard...leaving the "familiar together" zone and walking a now unfamiliar "single" path was thrilling and scary as heck initially...I accepted the consequences resulting from my decision, pointed no fingers, and broke the rearview mirror...

good analogy - for me it was when I realized I couldn't stay in the marriage and not have kids

no photo
Wed 12/06/17 05:29 AM

does age difference affect a relationship I met someone who is 40yrs old and I am 58yrs old

I think it is fine and helps if both people are mature however sometimes two people of age difference may be at different stages in their life as to what they want in a relationship. I think it is good to be open minded and at least try if you are both very keen on each other.

I agree - I think you should at least give it a shot. You will find out soon enough if the two of you are compatible. You don't say how long you've been widowed, so I think the best advice is to take it slow - don't get involved with someone just because you're lonely. I used to prefer guys older than me, but now that I'm in my 60's I'm more open minded about dating someone younger - just as long as they're not
too young. ( & too young is up to you )- I hesitate about dating someone under 50 because they may go thru that 50 midlife crisis we all have, but yo never know!) happy

no photo
Tue 12/05/17 08:55 AM
Edited by chris2460 on Tue 12/05/17 08:55 AM
so many great song's from the 70"s & 80's - not clear if they have to be love songs but...

The Clash - "Should I stay or should I go?"

The Ramones - "I want to be Sedated"

Love song "So Into You" - by The Little River Band, I believe

no photo
Tue 12/05/17 08:48 AM

“Welcome to the jungle...we’ve got fun and games.....”! *Guns and Roses :wink:
Good luck with your search for a long lasting relationship, filled with peace and love!
:peace::heart_decoration::peace::heart_decoration::peace::heart_decoration::peace::heart_decoration::peace::heart_decoration::peace::heart_decoration::peace:

You're tooo funny cool chic !happy

Actually James, if you want someone to respond to your messages you really should say more about yourself, your interests and what you're looking for. Nice picture. Welcome.happy

no photo
Sun 12/03/17 01:37 PM

WTF does being politically liberal have to do with being a perv?????

I suppose all conservatives live saintly lives.

Oh, that's riiiight, there is that Moore guy who assaults children.

I agree I don't think it has anything to do with one's political party - it has more to do with some men being in a position of power and using it to their advantage. There are people who abuse their power from
both political parties.

no photo
Sun 12/03/17 10:24 AM
Camelot

no photo
Sun 12/03/17 04:43 AM

A strong woman knows when to stroke a man's ego .. you do not strike me as someone who is insecure around women beach waving

I agree - if she's a strong woman then she probably feels that she doesn't need to prove anything to anyone & it's not a competition - just be yourself. Most women want someone who's understanding, who listens & treats them well and can validate them (just like men). Also someone who has their back so to speak - good luck!

no photo
Sat 12/02/17 04:53 AM

I will probably kiss nobody! tears

Maybe next year....*sigh

your kiss is on my list

...of the best things in life....

no photo
Fri 12/01/17 03:46 PM

Humm not even sure what I will be doing yet.... but if there is any kissing it will be with family or friends since it's just me and my dog~~~

sometimes doggie kisses are good.

no photo
Fri 12/01/17 03:45 PM

Think I qualify for a virtual kiss as it's the best I'm going to get I think

Yea, I've come to the same conclusion.

This year, I may be posting virtual kisses to all my lovely mingle2 women. Perhaps someone should start a Virtual Kisses topic. Could be popular all year long?

Great idea Tom bigsmile It was your idea though, so how about you do the honor of starting one?

Nah, I like it when someone else starts a new topic (most of the time). I require no honorisms as justification. I know I am honorable. My self-esteem does not require propping up.
The Virtual Kisses thread would be fun.

Here is a light-hearted but technical take on Kissing
http://www.trygve.com/uekiss.html

Where on earth do you get these things?happy

On New Year's Eve I'd like a deep,: weak in the knees passionate kiss! smooched:

Aristotelian kiss
a kiss performed using techniques gained solely from theoretical speculation untainted by any experiential data by one who feels that the latter is irrelevant anyway.

Hegelian kiss
dialiptical technique in which the kiss incorporates its own antithikiss, forming a synthekiss.

Wittgensteinian kiss
the important thing about this type of kiss is that it refers only to the symbol (our internal mental representation we associate with the experience of the kiss--which must necessarilly also be differentiated from the act itself for obvious reasons and which need not be by any means the same or even similar for the different people experiencing the act) rather than the act itself and, as such, one must be careful not to make unwarranted generalizations about the act itself or the experience thereof based merely on our manipulation of the symbology therefor.

Godelian kiss
a kiss that takes an extraordinarilly long time, yet leaves you unable to decide whether you've been kissed or not.

Here are some more of the classic kisses:

Socratic kiss
really a Platonic kiss, but it's claimed to be the Socratic technique so it'll sound more authoritative; however, compared to most strictly Platonic kisses, Socratic kisses wander around a lot more and cover more ground.

Kantian kiss
a kiss that, eschewing inferior "phenomenal" contact, is performed entirely on the superior "noumenal" plane; though you don't actually feel it at all, you are, nonetheless, free to declare it the best kiss you've ever given or received.

Kafkaesque kiss
a kiss that starts out feeling like it's about to transform you but ends up just bugging you.

Sartrean kiss
a kiss that you worry yourself to death about even though it really doesn't matter anyway.

Russell-Whiteheadian kiss
a formal kiss in which each lip and tongue movement is rigorously and completely defined, even though it ends up seeming incomplete somehow.

Pythagorean kiss
a kiss given by someone who has developed some new and wonderful techniques but refuses to use them on anyone for fear that others would find out about them and copy them.

Cartesian kiss
a particularly well-planned and coordinated movement: "I think, therefore, I aim." In general, a kiss does not count as Cartesian unless it is applied with enough force to remove all doubt that one has been kissed. (cf. Polar kiss, a more well-rounded movement involving greater nose-to-nose contact, but colder overall.)

Heisenbergian kiss
a hard-to-define kiss--the more it moves you, the less sure you are of where the kiss was; the more energy it has, the more trouble you have figuring out how long it lasted. Extreme versions of this type of kiss are known as "virtual kisses" because the level of uncertainty is so high that you're not quite sure if you were kissed or not. Virtual kisses have the advantage, however, that you need not have anyone else in the room with you to enjoy them.

Nietzscheian kiss
"she/he who does not kiss you, makes your lust stronger."

Epimenidian kiss
a kiss given by someone who does not kiss.

Grouchoic kiss
a kiss given by someone who will only kiss those who would not kiss him or her.

Harpoic kiss
shut up and kiss me.

Zenoian kiss
your lips approach, closer and closer, but never actually touch.

Procrustean kiss
suffice it to say that it is a technique that, once you've experienced it, you'll never forget it, especially when applied to areas of the anatomy other than the lips.

Where on earth do you get these things??!

I'd like a deep weak-in-the-knees passionate kiss from the man I love! smooched

no photo
Fri 12/01/17 03:42 PM
Edited by chris2460 on Fri 12/01/17 03:43 PM

Think I qualify for a virtual kiss as it's the best I'm going to get I think

Yea, I've come to the same conclusion.

This year, I may be posting virtual kisses to all my lovely mingle2 women. Perhaps someone should start a Virtual Kisses topic. Could be popular all year long?

Great idea Tom bigsmile It was your idea though, so how about you do the honor of starting one?

Nah, I like it when someone else starts a new topic (most of the time). I require no honorisms as justification. I know I am honorable. My self-esteem does not require propping up.
The Virtual Kisses thread would be fun.

Here is a light-hearted but technical take on Kissing
http://www.trygve.com/uekiss.html

Where on earth do you get these things?happy

On New Year's Eve I'd like a deep,: weak in the knees passionate kiss! smooched:

Aristotelian kiss
a kiss performed using techniques gained solely from theoretical speculation untainted by any experiential data by one who feels that the latter is irrelevant anyway.

Hegelian kiss
dialiptical technique in which the kiss incorporates its own antithikiss, forming a synthekiss.

Wittgensteinian kiss
the important thing about this type of kiss is that it refers only to the symbol (our internal mental representation we associate with the experience of the kiss--which must necessarilly also be differentiated from the act itself for obvious reasons and which need not be by any means the same or even similar for the different people experiencing the act) rather than the act itself and, as such, one must be careful not to make unwarranted generalizations about the act itself or the experience thereof based merely on our manipulation of the symbology therefor.

Godelian kiss
a kiss that takes an extraordinarilly long time, yet leaves you unable to decide whether you've been kissed or not.

Here are some more of the classic kisses:

Socratic kiss
really a Platonic kiss, but it's claimed to be the Socratic technique so it'll sound more authoritative; however, compared to most strictly Platonic kisses, Socratic kisses wander around a lot more and cover more ground.

Kantian kiss
a kiss that, eschewing inferior "phenomenal" contact, is performed entirely on the superior "noumenal" plane; though you don't actually feel it at all, you are, nonetheless, free to declare it the best kiss you've ever given or received.

Kafkaesque kiss
a kiss that starts out feeling like it's about to transform you but ends up just bugging you.

Sartrean kiss
a kiss that you worry yourself to death about even though it really doesn't matter anyway.

Russell-Whiteheadian kiss
a formal kiss in which each lip and tongue movement is rigorously and completely defined, even though it ends up seeming incomplete somehow.

Pythagorean kiss
a kiss given by someone who has developed some new and wonderful techniques but refuses to use them on anyone for fear that others would find out about them and copy them.

Cartesian kiss
a particularly well-planned and coordinated movement: "I think, therefore, I aim." In general, a kiss does not count as Cartesian unless it is applied with enough force to remove all doubt that one has been kissed. (cf. Polar kiss, a more well-rounded movement involving greater nose-to-nose contact, but colder overall.)

Heisenbergian kiss
a hard-to-define kiss--the more it moves you, the less sure you are of where the kiss was; the more energy it has, the more trouble you have figuring out how long it lasted. Extreme versions of this type of kiss are known as "virtual kisses" because the level of uncertainty is so high that you're not quite sure if you were kissed or not. Virtual kisses have the advantage, however, that you need not have anyone else in the room with you to enjoy them.

Nietzscheian kiss
"she/he who does not kiss you, makes your lust stronger."

Epimenidian kiss
a kiss given by someone who does not kiss.

Grouchoic kiss
a kiss given by someone who will only kiss those who would not kiss him or her.

Harpoic kiss
shut up and kiss me.

Zenoian kiss
your lips approach, closer and closer, but never actually touch.

Procrustean kiss
suffice it to say that it is a technique that, once you've experienced it, you'll never forget it, especially when applied to areas of the anatomy other than the lips.

no photo
Fri 12/01/17 11:17 AM

Well, sexual harassment is still here in New Zealand. I just quit one of my jobs because the owner of the Restuarant kept being vulgar.
The last straw was when working alone with him, out of the blue,he asked me what I liked in bed. I asked him 3 times to repeat what he said, because I did not believe what I was hearing.
I looked at him and said, "That is private".
Then I went home, rang my actual boss and explained that I will never go back.
I wont file anything. that is too emotionally demanding.
But, yup. The creeps are still not learning...

Sorry that you had to quit your job to stop being harassed. I was the recipient of sexual harassment at a job & I was lucky in that they fired the guy. I didn't get any backlash only because I told a male supervisor about it & he reported my boss. It is so intimating to work for someone who treats you that way. I remember getting sick to my stomach every day before work.

no photo
Thu 11/30/17 07:22 AM

I don't know how much of a Christmas celebration I'll have this year but I do like the holiday. I'd like to put some lights outside which I should have done last week when there a couple of warm days. I'd like like to have a live tree inside to decorate because it was always done in our family, although it's a lot of work for me. This is the first year I'll be really, really alone.

That really stinks - I've spent several Thanksgivings alone, but never Christmas (even though it's not my favorite holiday) I hope that your ideas of driving around to see the lights and baking cookies like you mentioned below helps. flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 11/29/17 03:26 PM

Well.. late night meet up you pretty much know how that's going to go..Lol.

But early morning meetups that's a 50/50 split...hmmm. you could be sharing eggs together or just end up with eggs on your face..lol

you're tooo funny! rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Wed 11/29/17 01:15 PM
Edited by chris2460 on Wed 11/29/17 01:16 PM

If you celebrate Christmas, what are your plans for the holiday season?

Do you have any traditions that you do that require scheduling?

If you are going to be alone on Christmas this year, is there something you do that makes it still feel special?

I remember when the Kids were little, Mom & I kept a secret calendar with notations on the different dates for events. It included church events, work events and family events. It helped us get organized and buy the needed supplies ahead of time so those planned events were less stressful.

Some of the December events we planned for our family include...

Kid Shopping Day
One of us took each of our kids Christmas shopping so they could buy their secret gifts. Each of us took the kids on separate days with different kids so they could buy their gifts secretly.

Window Shopping Day
This was where we all went window shopping before doing our actual Christmas shopping so everyone could see what the others really had a passion for.

Christmas Lights Tours
We did 3 or 4 nights of touring the neighborhoods checking out Christmas lights and yard displays. Our Lady of the Snows and other festival light displays too.

Live Nativity
The kids loved going to the Live Nativity play at the local church. Riding the camel was always a picture frenzy.

The Christmas Cookie Bake
Every year we donated dozens of homemade Christmas cookies to the local food bank. We had one day where we did nothing but baked cookies, had hot chocolate and played Christmas music. I used to set up the tripod with the camcorder and tape the kids helping to make Christmas cookies.

Christmas Eve/Day Itinerary
Each year, we made appearances at all their Aunt & Uncles houses, all their Grandparents houses and a few of our friends houses. Traditionally, we had a specific sequence and schedule.

Nighttime Sled Riding
We dedicated one snowy night to a family sled riding event with a small camp fire, hot chocolate and a snowball fight. The best ones were when it was snowing and you could see the stars thru the trees. We did this at different places as the years passed but the best for me was the ones when the kids were little and we were out back on Christmas Hill.

Christmas Eve Gift Exchange
Christmas Eve was when we all exchanged our gifts to each other. These were the gifts that were bought by each of us, from each of us to each other. No TV, Christmas music playing by the light of the Christmas display. Before bed someone always read their favorite Bible passage.

Christmas Morning
On Christmas morning we were awakened by the excitement. See, Santa was not welcome in our home. On Christmas morning, the kids woke to find the Angels had visited and left gifts. Baby Jesus was there and they wanted to know if those gifts were for them because there was never any names on them?
We always sat down to a big Christmas breakfast, all helped clean up and would go in and talk about how Jesus was the best gift of all.
Dad (Me) would get curious about all those presents and start looking thru them. (Because we knew what they were and who they were for) I handed out the gifts from the Angels to the children.
One at a time and each kid was given time to reflect on the gift.
The next gift was not handed out until the wrappings were gathered to the bag.

Christmas Now
For the last few years Christmas has been just another day for me. Nothing special and always spent alone. I do miss those days of yesteryear but I still have a good memory and the videos if I get feeling to nostalgic.
Christmas has become a series of Merry Christmas phone calls throughout the day. If, one day, there is someone special in my life, we will make Christmas our special day.

What is your Christmas Thing...?

What an incredible Christmas you had as a child - what wonderful memories! I'm jealous!::smile:

no photo
Tue 11/28/17 08:41 AM

That one lost chord divine,
Which came from the soul of the organ,
And entered into mine.

Adelaide Anne Procter

Great quote - I never heard that before. drinker

no photo
Tue 11/28/17 08:39 AM

Rate what?? Your profile is empty so you're gonna need all the luck in the world for the intimate encounter you're seeking.
I rate you 0

rofl rofl rofl rofl