Sun 01/14/18 11:41 PM

Must have a pulse bigsmile

rofl rofl rofl

Just a wee bit desperate.....rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Sun 01/14/18 01:13 PM

Hi ! I'm a 67 hwite married male , brand new to his site

who is a very bad typer

not only that you are a very bad typer, you are also a very husband...

shame on you, joining a dating site while your wife is cooking dinner or whatever.

... and Catholic to boot! laugh

no photo
Sun 01/14/18 01:42 AM

Age does matter for sure!
When it comes to a romantic relationship I prefer my partner to be same age to max 5 yrs older.
If you only want a physically pleasing intermezzo, I'd say go for younger. Preferably under 40 so you're sure to still get the full 'treatment'.
But for a romantic relationship I wouldn't want a younger partner. Too much difference in maturity.

If you want both... not so easy to find in one man...
May I suggest two? shades tongue2

I don't know Crystal Fairy - I used to feel the way you do - I always preferred to date men my age or older - about 4-5 yrs older than me. But the older I get, the more open I am to the idea of dating someone younger than me. Over 45 or so I don't think age matters as much - (if you're not mature by 40, you'll probably never be! lol) It seems that the older I get the smaller the pool of men becomes. I don't think I could date someone under 50 though - I want to date them after their mid-life crisis not before!

no photo
Sun 01/14/18 01:27 AM

I almost have to date a woman younger than me because 99% of the women ARE younger than me. I am so old that I used to double date with Moses. laugh

Love it! rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Sat 01/13/18 03:18 AM

Having a younger spouse may mean you have someone to be your caregiver as we age.

My senlaugh timents exactly! I've spent my whole life taking care of other people - I want someone to take care
of me when I get older not the other way around!

no photo
Sat 01/13/18 03:08 AM

Why do some women have a hard time putting up with the BS....when men do that like....all the time..lol..

Because most women don't want to be patronized and they know that a lot of men compliment a woman's looks as a pick-up line. Me - I'd rather a man compliment my personality or some other quality. It means that he's taken the time to notice something about me other than my looks. It's just like on here -
if a man says hey beautiful, hey pretty or sweetie or babe I know they're most likely a scammer and aren't
serious about getting to know me.

no photo
Fri 01/12/18 04:16 PM

How does a myth have a gender? By whoever created the myth... Superman is male, because that's how the author wrote it...

My point exactly.

no photo
Fri 01/12/18 04:14 PM

God is a He, with capital H, not small. He is not a human and would have no reason for a biological reproductive description.

Hebrew had no neutral gender, so everything had the male or female(like Spanish) and God was referred to as He.

It was the design that the male(he) be the family head, and He(God) is the head of all things.

So, in terms of Hebrew language and gender roles, God is HE

Actually MS harmony I can take it one step further - God in the Hebrew Bible is referred to "Yahweh" which means "I am Who Am" with no gender specified. Your point about the Hebrew language lends it's self to my opinion that God is referred to as a male because it was written by men living in a patriarchal society - if they had referred to God as being female, they knew that no one would listen to them - at that time women were regarded as being second class to men, sometimes just chattel. So of course they referred to God as being a He - because a man was seen as being more powerful and had greater authority in society (times really haven't changed have they? lol) Plus God as being a father figure is very powerful - a father at the time was one who protected the family and basically ensured their survival - something that would have been very difficult at the time for a woman to do - so ascribing the male gender to God would have a much greater appeal and acceptance in that society and that of course was one of their goals to - get people to listen to their story and to get them believe in God.
Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

no photo
Fri 01/12/18 04:58 AM

Minnie Ripperton, Prince

Good ones Ms H !

I didn't think anyone remembered Minnie Ripperton - I loved her voice.

Did you know that the Bride in Bridesmaids is her daughter? She actually has a nice voice too, but not irreplaceable.

No I didn't - but I never saw the movie - it was such a shame she died so young just like Robert Palmer. though he was in his 50"s & I think she was only around 30 when she died. tears

no photo
Fri 01/12/18 04:51 AM
I forgot one of my favorites - good ole Leon Russell

no photo
Thu 01/11/18 01:13 AM

Those are some discouraging statistics Duttoneer but I agree with you that although marriage will be on the decline, it will survive in the future.

Whether its through genuine conviction or years of societal brainwashing, I think a large part of the population continues to view marriage as the ultimate symbol of commitment and base for family building.

And I also think that there is something in human nature that inclines us to believe that the worst will never happen to us regardless of all the victims who went before, which might explain why impirical records are often dismissed in the navigating of personal decisions.

I think you are right, it is that ultimate level of commitment as taken in the marriage vows that will also cause marriage to survive. We all believe that we will succeed where others have failed. Another sad statistic for those of us that are divorced is the chances of a successful second marriage are even less.sad2

I think I heard that statistic before and it is indeed very discouraging. :(

How I look at it is that I have little control over someone else in any context but especially in the context of a relationship or marriage.

Part of my life journey is learning to find most of my hapoiness and fulfilment in myself rather than placing that burden on a partner or someone else.

All I can do is focus on and work on being the best person and partner I can be, and hope for the best . The rest is out of my hands.

I like your attitude Peggy - I wish more people thought that way.
drinker

Thanks chris. Its much easier said than done though. I still struggle with it ohwell

That's ok Peggy - we all do! ohwell

no photo
Thu 01/11/18 01:11 AM

Minnie Ripperton, Prince

Good ones Ms H !

I didn't think anyone remembered Minnie Ripperton - I loved her voice.

no photo
Thu 01/11/18 01:10 AM
Edited by chris2460 on Thu 01/11/18 01:15 AM
Billie Holiday

Marvin Gaye

Johnny Cash

Kate Bush

Joe Cocker

Aretha Franklin

Chaka Khan

no photo
Thu 01/11/18 01:08 AM
I don't think God has a gender. I believe that "God" does not have a human form - he or she is pure love and probably in the form of energy and light. You have to remember that the Bible was written by men who lived in a patriarchal society so of course they identified God as being a male as in God the Father. With the exception of the history of the Jews, most of the Old Testament is allegorical.The New Testament which talks abut Jesus is another story all together.

no photo
Wed 01/10/18 12:55 PM

I don't like typing
I hope you understand my rating though.

love it!rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Wed 01/10/18 12:50 PM
rudeness
extremism
self-righteousness
arrogance
tattlaugh oos
piercings

I could list more but you said only 5...... laugh

no photo
Wed 01/10/18 04:17 AM
Even though it's been going on for a while I think it's a dangerous precedent. Remember that old commercial - "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature"? I think that the more we try to mess with what's
been working for this planet since sustainable forms of life began, the more we will live to regret it. Nature is a force greater than ourselves, which is probably why man is so hell bent on changing it. lol

no photo
Wed 01/10/18 04:11 AM

Those are some discouraging statistics Duttoneer but I agree with you that although marriage will be on the decline, it will survive in the future.

Whether its through genuine conviction or years of societal brainwashing, I think a large part of the population continues to view marriage as the ultimate symbol of commitment and base for family building.

And I also think that there is something in human nature that inclines us to believe that the worst will never happen to us regardless of all the victims who went before, which might explain why impirical records are often dismissed in the navigating of personal decisions.

I think you are right, it is that ultimate level of commitment as taken in the marriage vows that will also cause marriage to survive. We all believe that we will succeed where others have failed. Another sad statistic for those of us that are divorced is the chances of a successful second marriage are even less.sad2

I think I heard that statistic before and it is indeed very discouraging. :(

How I look at it is that I have little control over someone else in any context but especially in the context of a relationship or marriage.

Part of my life journey is learning to find most of my hapoiness and fulfilment in myself rather than placing that burden on a partner or someone else.

All I can do is focus on and work on being the best person and partner I can be, and hope for the best . The rest is out of my hands.

I like your attitude Peggy - I wish more people thought that way.
drinker

no photo
Tue 01/09/18 02:15 PM
I did but I didn't swallow!laugh

no photo
Sat 01/06/18 01:16 PM

Money does NOT buy happiness... Love does

very very true!happy

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25