Community > Posts By > pingpong

pingpong's photo
Mon 11/03/08 08:07 AM

It’s no coincidence that most of the areas hardest hit by the foreclosure wave – Loudon County, Virginia, California’s Inland Empire, Stockton, San Joaquin Valley, Las Vegas, and Phoenix, for starters — also happen to be some of the nation’s largest illegal alien sanctuaries. Half of the mortgages to Hispanics are subprime (the accursed species of loan to borrowers with the shadiest credit histories). A quarter of all those subprime loans are in default and foreclosure.

Regional reports across the country have decried the subprime meltdown’s impact on illegal immigrant “victims.” A July report showed that in seven of the 10 metro areas with the highest foreclosure rates, Hispanics represented at least one-third of the population; in two of those areas – Merced and Salinas-Monterey, Calif. – Hispanics comprised half the population. The amnesty-promoting National Council of La Raza and its Development Fund have received millions in federal funds to “counsel” their constituents on obtaining mortgages with little to no money down; the group almost succeeded in attaching a $10 million earmark for itself in one of the housing bills past this spring.

For the last five years, I’ve reported on the rapidly expanding illegal alien home loan racket. The top banks clamoring for their handouts as their profits plummet, led by Wachovia and Bank of America, launched aggressive campaigns to woo illegal alien homebuyers. The quasi-governmental Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority jumped in to guarantee home loans to illegal immigrants. The Washington Post noted, almost as an afterthought in a 2005 report: “Hispanics, the nation’s fastest-growing major ethnic or racial group, have been courted aggressively by real estate agents, mortgage brokers and programs for first-time buyers that offer help with closing costs. Ads proclaim: “Sin verificacion de ingresos ! Sin verificacion de documento !” — which loosely translates as, ‘Income tax forms are not required, nor are immigration papers.’”

In addition, fraudsters have engaged in massive house-flipping rings using illegal aliens as straw buyers. Among many examples cited by the FBI: a conspiracy in Las Vegas involving a former Nevada First Residential Mortgage Company branch manager who directed loan officers and processors in the origination of 233 fraudulent Federal Housing Authority loans valued at over $25 million. The defrauders manufactured and submitted false employment and income documentation for borrowers; most were illegal immigrants from Mexico. To date, the FBI reported, “58 loans with a total value of $6.2 million have gone into default, with a loss to the Housing and Urban Development Department of over $1.9 million.”

It’s the tip of the iceberg. Thanks to lax Bush administration-approved policies allowing illegal aliens to use “matricula consular cards” and taxpayer identification numbers to open bank accounts, more forms of mortgage fraud have burgeoned. Moneylenders still have no access to a verification system to check Social Security numbers before approving loans. In an interview about rampant illegal alien home loan fraud, a spokeswoman for the U.S. General Accounting Office told me five years ago:

“[C]onsidering the size of Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Houston, and other large cities throughout the United States known to be inundated with illegal aliens, I don’t think the federal government is willing to expose this problem for financial reasons as well as for fear of political repercussions.”

Chickens coming home to roost. And law-abiding, responsible taxpayers are going to pay for it.

Hispanics=illegal immigrants, right? ****ing bull****.

By the way, Houston, which does indeed have among the largest undocumented populations (the estimates I've seen have come close to 25%), is doing better than most of the country in the housing area.

pingpong's photo
Mon 11/03/08 08:05 AM

illegal immigration and border security is no big deal, if you live up north and it doesn't actually impact you

if you live in a border state or even close to it, it's a major big deal and the status quo is not acceptable

I agree, but I think people blow it out of proportion and I think their solutions are misguided. You need broader societal change, renegotiation of free trade policies, and a reformed immigration system to reduce the number of migrants crossing the border. Drug traffickers is another matter...I think part of that would be solved by the US and Mexico doing the smart thing and legalizing marijuana, as that would put an end to a lot of it and make it more manageable.

pingpong's photo
Mon 11/03/08 07:56 AM

Well, I think now we know that at the very least, illegal immigration won't be a top priority for President Obama. I mean, if he can't manage to keep track of his own family I think it unlikely that he'll be any better when it comes to keeping track of the thousands who cross here illegally each year.

Both parties have plenty to be ashamed of as it relates to the issue of immigration in that both parties have ignored the issue--hoping I suppose that it will simply go away. It won't and anyone with an I.Q. of a moth knows as much.

-Drew

Obama hasn't been focusing on it as much lately, but then again, neither have Americans. However, he does have plans concerning immigration. He supports immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship for current undocumented migrants under the condition that they pay back taxes if they haven't been paying them already, learn English if they don't already, and wait in line. He has promised to get the Dream Act passed during his first 100 days. He wants to take another look at NAFTA, which has created poverty both in the US and in Mexico and caused a push of migration north, and he wants to make sure that future free trade agreements include worker protections for those involved and don't benefit one country's citizenry to the harm of another's.

On this we agree but I would submit that a number of Americans ARE in fact concerned about illegal immigration. We are witnessing the dawn of scary financial times and illegal immigration and the cost of such immigration is a huge financial concern to many. If, as Senator Obama states, the laws must be followed then I will look for him to immediately step up a serious commitment to securing our nation's borders. Wow, it was hard to type that without an involuntary rolling of the eyes. Neither party has been responsible in regards to this issue and in that such security is first and foremost a responsibility of upholding our Constitution, I find it more than a bit sad that we seem to wink, nod, and look the other way.

1. In what way is illegal immigration a huge financial concern?

2. Where in the constitution does it say 'secure the borders'?

3. What does border security mean to you?

pingpong's photo
Mon 11/03/08 01:28 AM
Hoax, and I'm pretty sure it predates Leonardo.

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 11:47 PM

But, check out this fact

How the military would vote - we see, it's a racial issue (Afro-American vote for Obama, because he's black)

http://www.militarytimes.com/static/projects/pages/081003_ep_2pp.pdf

68% for McCain
23 for Obama

He is losing the race (smile) as he sure shouldn't sit in THAT seat because he is not
THE
ONE! The Military times did FIFTEEN (15) voting polls against all factors, O lost them all, but the one on race, hummmmmm

Peace, BB

Except for the part where the majority of African-Americans are already aligned with the Democrats and white Democrats have been winning most of the African American vote for years.

Are you voting for McCain because he's white?

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 11:45 PM

AOL straw vote has McCain landslide

Mc 58%
O 41

And other poles, would be nice!
Shame they have the early voting in alot of states, as alot of things have come out recently, that might have changed people's mind.
Peace, BB

(Nice thought on dif voting days tho LOL)

lol internet poll

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 11:28 PM
Whaaaaaat? lol link?

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 11:24 PM
I'm sick of the two party system, but I hate how the conversation only seems to come up right before elections, when it's too late to do much about it. People should be raising awareness between elections. On top of that, it's not likely that a third party is going to job from no or barely any representation to the presidency. They need to start being represented in local and state government to spread awareness, then make it to national, and then maybe the presidency. That's the only way I can see it happening, and it already seems to be heading in that direction with more elected officials from libertarian and green party at the local level.

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 11:18 PM
lmao at the Nader one

It's amazing. I was phone banking today and this lady told me she had no idea who she was going to vote for for president yet. Two days, people, two frickin days!

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 11:15 PM

I've been to Mexico, it wasn't that bad.

Going to the beach in Cancun isn't the same thing as growing up in the slums of Mexico City. No, Mexico isn't all bad--it does have a middle class, and it does have a few extremely rich people, but the income disparity is grotesque. If you think it's bad here, in Mexico it's much worse. Not to mention the drug trade--think of all of the horrible things that the drug trade does to the U.S., and imagine it much worse there, since here most of what we get is addiction and minor drug dealers and gangs, whereas there the drugs are grown and trafficked, along with the problems we have here.

My ex comes from a rural town in southern Mexico. His father is 82 years old and is still working in construction. He makes a little over 6 dollars a day and gets no help from the government. His mother is in her 70s and has cancer, and if it weren't for her children in the U.S. sending her money, she would be dead. My ex's oldest sister starved to death as an infant because she was born with some deformity that I can't remember what it's called that made it to where, without surgery, she could not breastfeed, and they could not afford formula. By contrast, my own little sister had the same deformity, and after my mother noticed at 2 months that she was losing rather than gaining weight, she was able to take her to the doctor, schedule a surgery, and give her formula in the meantime. My ex started working full time at the age of 9. He had to drop out of school after 6th grade because over there, you have to pay for schooling past that. Only his youngest three siblings will/have been able to finish school and attend college, again because they have family in the U.S. sending money. In his town, they grow marijuana and it is controlled by the drug lords and when the police and the army decide to come in, they target the poor and the native Mexicans like my ex and his family rather than asking questions. Four of his cousins were murdered two years ago because they dared to refuse to take drugs through Mexico City. When my ex was 9, one of his 14 year old friends had fallen into the drug trade and was driving a car when he was chased over a cliff by police.

But why would anybody be desperate enough to immigrate illegally to the U.S.?! I mean...they have tequila!

frustrated

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 11:05 PM

Well, I think now we know that at the very least, illegal immigration won't be a top priority for President Obama. I mean, if he can't manage to keep track of his own family I think it unlikely that he'll be any better when it comes to keeping track of the thousands who cross here illegally each year.

Both parties have plenty to be ashamed of as it relates to the issue of immigration in that both parties have ignored the issue--hoping I suppose that it will simply go away. It won't and anyone with an I.Q. of a moth knows as much.

-Drew

Obama hasn't been focusing on it as much lately, but then again, neither have Americans. However, he does have plans concerning immigration. He supports immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship for current undocumented migrants under the condition that they pay back taxes if they haven't been paying them already, learn English if they don't already, and wait in line. He has promised to get the Dream Act passed during his first 100 days. He wants to take another look at NAFTA, which has created poverty both in the US and in Mexico and caused a push of migration north, and he wants to make sure that future free trade agreements include worker protections for those involved and don't benefit one country's citizenry to the harm of another's.

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 11:01 PM
Alan Keyes.

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 10:59 PM
Edited by pingpong on Sun 11/02/08 11:00 PM

Lol, yeah that's the one. And I assume it was mysterious that posted it, but I see no record of him posting it. I think Ping pong was only quoting and deleted one too many tags.

Was going to respond to his post, but if it was deleted..... perhaps I should let it lie.

Too bad. I had lots of good sheep material.

lol, no it was definitely me, but I was joking. ;)

edit: and the debate about who said it is making me laugh

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 12:37 AM

ha ha ha

You all can't stand it can you? A pro-gun democrat stuns you.

Obama doesn't want to take your guns.

The NRA does want to take your money.

If you gun totin' right wingers ever wake up and hold the republican party responsible for it's lies lemme know please.

Meanwhile, I will own guns secure in the my constitutional right to do so and worry about real issues.

Aaaamen.

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 12:36 AM
My soon-to-be ex-in laws live in Mexico, so I lucked out. :D

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 12:32 AM
I'd rather they finish last than first if ya know what I mean.

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 12:28 AM
This story doesn't make sense. How is she living in public housing if she has been without immigration status for four years? She wouldn't be able to qualify to continue living there. It seems to me more likely that she's appealing or something like that. Think about it: the SOURCE of the story is a law enforcement official. If they know she is there, and they know she doesn't have papers, then how on earth is she still there?

Half aunt? How can you half a half aunt. Can have a half-sibling, because of one shared parent.

Do you also think that parents of children who break laws should be held as criminally responsible for the crimes as the child who commited the crime?

I don't think that's a good comparison. Maybe switch the parent and child role and you have something, although still kind of weak. Parents whose minor children commit crimes should be held responsible to some extent...but Barack Obama was not responsible for raising his (half??) aunt from birth and keeping an eye on her.

Not that I think his aunt has done some terrible terrible thing, but then again, I am an evil open borders pinko commie.

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 12:22 AM
Glad to see you're still having a good time! I'm going to be phone banking tomorrow, canvassing the next day, and manning the polls on election day. Yay for being unemployed! :D

Wait, I mean D: D:

But still, it'll be fun.

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 12:18 AM
:wink: @ Winx

The U.S has about as many people as it has guns,
About Three hundred million.

Canada has about twenty four and a half million people and seven million guns, And almost twice the crime rate as the U.S

Despite a tendency to simply compare Canada’s violent crime rate with the FBI’s violent crime index, this type of
comparison is inappropriate. First and foremost, Canada’s violent crime rate contains a greater number of violent
13 Data come from the Canadian UCR2 trend database.
Feasibility Study on Crime Comparisons Between Canada and the United States
12 Statistics Canada – Catalogue no. 85F0035
offences, including homicide, attempted murder, assault (3 levels), sexual assault (3 levels), robbery, other sexual
offences, and abductions. The FBI only includes four main offences in the violent crime index – homicide, forcible
rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The FBI’s exclusion of simple assault, which is the leading contributor to
Canada’s violent crime rate, makes this comparison impossible.
Therefore, a new “total selected violent crimes” category must to created, which includes the total comparable
violent crimes: homicide, robbery and aggravated assault. As described earlier, the Canadian aggravated assault
category would include assault levels 2 and 3 and attempted murder.

http://dsp-psd.tpsgc.gc.ca/Collection/Statcan/85F0035X/85F0035XIE.pdf

Read the whole thing. It's very interesting. Now, if you can find a comparison that takes into account the fact that Canada has more types of crimes that fall into the category of "violent crime" than the U.S. does, and Canada still comes out with a higher crime rate, then we can talk. I haven't been able to find any such thing.

pingpong's photo
Sun 11/02/08 12:08 AM
I'm getting hungry for lambchops. :(

The U.S has over 300,000,000 guns, Canada has 7,000,000

Who here knows which country has the higher VIOLENT crime rate?

Rember, Canada has much fewer people than The U.S

Canada.

Now do you know why?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9