Community > Posts By > pingpong

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 03:00 PM

whom should they guy have helped then??
the waitress...cause she is working and trying to support herself??

or should he have helped the homeless guy? becasue who knows when he will eat again??

If he only had enough money to do one of the two, and he wanted to help the homeless guy, he should have eaten at home. Tipping is part of eating out in the United States.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 02:49 PM

(Sent to me by the way... didn't actually do this myself)

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read: 'Vote Obama, I need the money.' I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a 'Obama 08' tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference -- just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept.

He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $5 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more.

The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

Except that there's a difference between not tipping someone who makes less than three dollars an hour and giving the money to a homeless person instead, and expecting the people who have enriched themselves, which in most cases would not be possible without the work of ordinary people making poverty wages or not much more, and who get better access to government services like schools and law enforcement, to pay their fair share of taxes.

okay, that sentence got away from me, but ya get what i mean.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 02:43 PM
Depends on the secret. I mean, if it's something like "I cheated on Mike and got the herp, but nobody can know because if he finds out he'll break up with me! ): ): " or "I shot JFK" then you're a moron for telling and expecting it to stay a secret. But if it's something that's just embarrassing or doesn't involve harm to another person, then the friend is the ass and you aren't at fault.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 02:28 PM

Well of course you don't read about this attack.

Who wants to hear about a couple old white people in Wisconsin? Not alot of pot stirring that can be done with that story when you aren't running a campaign based on fear.

The McCain campaign however has been running a campaign based on fear and the hoax attack played perfectly into their strategy.

It's disheartening and disgusting.

I hope this young woman is held accountable and doesn't get off the hook just because she is obviously mentally ill.

Oh, and I hope all those people who forwarded the story adding comments that were hateful, as we saw from some posters here, are forced to reexamine their motives and positions.

I think she's being charged with false reporting. Hopefully she's convicted.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 02:17 PM

Mike, hun, Snopes is soooooo not a reliable place for info about stuff like that...matter of fact, last year when I did a speech on Urban Legends, Snopes was the first place I looked...

Really, I've always heard that Snopes and FactFinder were the best places to find unbiased facts.

ctfinder and
no Winx, I'm afraid you have heard wrong luff. Snopes Wikipedia are the worst places to find information. Just go look at the first page on Snopes.com....It even says "Rumor Has It"

Wikipedia, ANYONE can get in there and edit the information without census, so you never know if what you see is the truth on that site. If I wanted to, I could find an article about....How to make a dress and put some totally bogus patterns up there...

Nah, Snopes is pretty good. If you follow the link, it backs up the rumor with links the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's consumer report. Snopes usually backs up what it writes. It says rumor has it on its front page because it's a site for substantiating or debunking internet rumors.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 02:15 PM

I've been getting my gas for less than two dollars a gallon for about a week.

If anybody in the Houston area wants to know the location of that gas station, send me a message. :D

shocked

Jealous? :D :D

drinker have a beer, it'll cheer ya up. I'm off to fill up my bathtub with cheap gas.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 02:13 PM
btw, in contrast to this fake story...

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/10/19/local_news/doc48fa891c6397b889391842.txt
http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/10/20/local_news/doc48fc9b302d62f607602303.txt

CALEDONIA, Wis. -- Police in Caledonia are investigating the assault of a campaign volunteer as she was canvassing for Senator Barack Obama Saturday afternoon.

In an exclusive interview with 12 News, 58 year-old Nancy Takehara of Chicago says she was going door-to-door when she came across a disgruntled homeowner.

“The next thing I know he’s telling us we’re not his people, we’re probably with ACORN, and he started screaming and raving,” Takehara said. “He grabbed me by the back of the neck. I thought he was going to rip my hair out of my head. He was pounding on my head and screaming. The man terrified me.”

The man eventually stopped and the Caledonia police were called. Takehara was asked if she needed medical assistance, but she was not seriously injured. Instead, she says she was shaken up by the homeowner’s reaction.

“This negative stuff has to stop,” said Takehara. “We’re all Americans. This is all about protecting our democracy, not about attacking each other.”

Takehara was encouraged when she had a message waiting at home from the candidate she is fighting for. Takehara called back and she and Senator Obama talked one-on-one.

Takehara said, “Senator Obama understood… it was wonderful. It made me feel wonderful. It made me feel connected to this government again.”

The Obama campaign did not want to comment on the incident at this time.

Police tell 12 News they are still investigating the case and will forward the complaint to the Racine County District Attorney’s office after it’s completed.

Actual attack of Obama supporter for political reasons, and the assailant has admitted to it. Yet I don't see this being talked about everywhere. HMMMM.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:58 PM

lovely

i say the skinheads adopt our mooning campaign lol... mooning black people instead of shooting us seems a bit more worthwhile laugh

Something tells me that seeing skinheads' butts might be just as deadly.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:48 PM
At least today's assassinators seem to be several notches stupider than those of the previous generations.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:30 PM
I've been getting my gas for less than two dollars a gallon for about a week.

If anybody in the Houston area wants to know the location of that gas station, send me a message. :D

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:22 PM

I saw the photo of her black eye. Has anyone heard how she said that happened?

She probably did it to herself. There was an incident a few months ago at a high school where a girl brought a poster board saying something like "Deport illegals" for a school project, and then she claimed to have been brutally attacked by a group of Hispanic students because of the sign. Her wounds were very real and she looked like she had been attacked. It later turned out that they were self inflicted when camera footage was seen of her in the girl's bathroom scratching and hitting herself. So it is very possible to inflict wounds like that on oneself. And, to be honest, I think you'd have to have some serious mental issues to do something like that. She needs help.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:15 PM

Constitution 'reflected fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day'...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11OhmY1obS4

What came before this quote? It sounds like he is talking about slavery and the issue of race. Taking this quote out of context is misleading. What is the flaw he is referring to?

“I’m not interested in the suburbs. The suburbs bore me.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/us/politics/28obama.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5090&en=bed3d00e987394c2&ex=1327640400&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

No context offered. Can't really tell whether he means he doesn't care about the success of the suburbs or suburbanites, or if he just doesn't want to live there.

The Redistribution of Wealth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OSF6fyURmA

lol. love the Hitler picture. Anyway, it doesn't sound like he's talking about some sort of Communist ideal as you seem to think. It seems like he thinks that during the civil rights should have focused on community organizing rather than going through the courts and that problems arise when a court has to rule on things that involve distributing money. He's talking about underfunded schools and things like that, not sending your retirement savings to poor people.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:03 PM
Poor kid. :/

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:02 PM
Nah. I wouldn't be able to stand Canadian accents. I'm committed to turning Texas blue. :D

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:01 PM
AdventureBegins is totally right. I'm voting for Obama because I hate white people.

After reading all the political posts on here and the different opinions expressed, I have come to the conclusion that as humans and Americans we agree to disagree on politics. Which is fine and normal. Just like in a relationship you are not totally agree with everything your partner does or says.
Personally Obama scares me with his views on "changing" America. I see him as a wolf in sheeps clothing, beneath his charsmatic charm and his eloquent speeches. During the debates and speeches given he always has the "right" things to say.The "right" answers to all of America's problems.
Humm he would make an excellent televanglist!
I hope I am wrong in my intutions.If not we have not seen the worst of economic times and downward spiraling of America.

You're against Obama because...he says the right things?

pingpong's photo
Fri 10/24/08 11:01 AM

it was on TV

on CNN. they said the police are now calling it a hoax

shocked

She truly needs help.
laugh laugh

pingpong's photo
Fri 10/24/08 11:00 AM
http://kdka.com/local/attack.McCain.Bloomfield.2.847628.html

Police: Campaign Worker Admits Making Up Story
MORE: KDKA Online Voters Guide | Campaign '08 News
Embed our Politics widget to get our news on your site
A Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Ashley Todd confessed to making up the story & is facing charges
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― Police sources tell KDKA that a campaign worker has now confessed to making up a story that a mugger attacked her and cut the letter "B" in her face after seeing her McCain bumper sticker.

Ashley Todd, 20, of Texas, initially told police that she was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield and that the suspect became enraged and started beating her after seeing her GOP sticker on her car.

Police investigating the alleged attack, however, began to notice some inconsistencies in her story and administered a polygraph test.

Authorities, however, declined to release the results of that test.

Investigators did say that they received photos from the ATM machine and "the photographs were verified as not being the victim making the transaction."

This afternoon, a Pittsburgh police commander told KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin that Todd confessed to making up the story.

The commander added that Todd will face charges; but police have not commented on what those charges will be.

According to police, investigators working on the interview process detected several inconsistencies in Todd's story that differed from statements made in the original police report.

Pittsburgh Police Public Information Officer Diane Richard released a statement earlier today, saying: "Because of the inconsistencies in her statements, Ms. Todd was asked to submit to a polygraph examination which she agreed to do."

No photos of Todd are being released by Pittsburgh Police at this time.

The investigation is continuing as officials determine what charges will be filed.

pingpong's photo
Fri 10/24/08 05:29 AM

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77

Article says nothing about undocumented immigrants, who are not eligible for any kind of social services other than K-12 education (for which, considering they have to live somewhere, they pay property taxes like anyone else) and emergency medical care (for which they are billed).

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Verify at: ttp://www.cis.org/articles/ 2004/fiscalexec.html

Page not found or access denied is allI get. But I suspect that, like with the last link, you are interpreting "immigrants" as "illegal immigrants".

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://www .cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

This does not say that the Medicaid goes to undocumented migrants, who are not eligible for it, only that these households are headed by an undocumented migrant. Such a household might include a legal immigrant or citizen spouse, and if it's receiving medicaid it will definitely include one or more citizen children. Do you think citizens should be denied benefits unavailable to other citizens because of their parentage? These citizens, whose parents probably pay taxes, whether payroll only or payroll plus income taxes, will grow up to pay taxes themselves and are therefore entitled to the same benefits as other citizens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html

Page not found.

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at http ://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

$17 billion is spent (if the number is correct) for the education of AMERICAN CITIZENS, not anchor babies, which is a disgusting slur. There are no categories of citizen. A citizen is a citizen is a citizen. These citizens will pay taxes when they are adults and they are entitled to every right that any other citizen is entitled to.

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

What is Lou Dobb's source for this number?

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

What is the actual source of this information?

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.

Verify at: http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

Page Not Found.

lol, I'm bored now, but it looks like you've got a stellar record so far, champ. You just ate this all up without actually checking any of the links, didn't you?

pingpong's photo
Fri 10/24/08 04:11 AM
Anyway, it wouldn't matter whether he was born in Hawaii or on Mars. His mother is an American citizen, and therefore he is considered a "natural born citizen".

http://rs6.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llsl&fileName=001/llsl001.db&recNum=227

"And the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens." (you can find that in the 5th line)

pingpong's photo
Fri 10/24/08 04:00 AM
Edited by pingpong on Fri 10/24/08 04:00 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/13/bobirthcertificate.jpg

End of thread, problem solved?