Community > Posts By > pingpong

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 02:32 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it used to be that the Churchs and other charitables took care of healthcare, no one was turned away.

Then the Government got involved...

Where's the evidence of this? When was 'used to be'?

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 02:30 PM
If you need the father's permission, then you're giving the father all the power.

I don't think the father should have a legal say because he's not the one who has to be pregnant for nine months and then give birth.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 02:20 PM
I like her lyrics but not really into her music style. She's seriously hot, though. MIA, if you're reading this, call me...

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 02:12 PM

To hear more languages spoken in the streets here would be wonderful. It would inspire me to learn a few myself.

English will always be used here, so what if we expand our liguistic forte to include some other languages.

I wished my ancestors would have kept the different languages we spoke. If they had I would speak German, Irish, American Indian fluently.

I don't think there's anyone that speaks "American Indian" fluently. ;)

Anyway, I agree. I love linguistic diversity. There is a point where you have to speak a common language in order for things to work, but just having multiple languages spoken in one country is not some kind of sign of the decline of the English language. And, hey, someday the majority language of the U.S. might be a language other than English. It could be that it's evolved from English the same way modern English evolved from Old English into a new language, or it could be that shifts in immigration have caused the change...but I don't know, I don't see that as a bad thing. These things tend to happen naturally and gradually, not by government mandate where people are forced to learn a new language. I

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 02:05 PM
Edited by pingpong on Mon 10/20/08 02:21 PM

Life, liberty and the PERSUIT of happiness.
Free speach.
Freedom to worship as I see fit.
Freedom to make mistakes (and fix them).
Freedom to defend any of the above. Which brings up freedom from oppression (as I will defend my other rights).

What exactally is the percentage of people using the health care system that has a genetic disorder or some other REAL problem vs those that have never attempted to prevent the condition they are now facing?
You allso have free speach... Please don't use it to put words in my mouth or assume my view is that limited... One can only write upon a single subject at a time I have no problems helping with true medical needs (that is why I donate... when I can and I know where it is going).

What's the percentage? I don't know. What's the percentage of people who have preventable conditions? What's the percentage of people who have preventable conditions that could have been prevented by medical care they didn't have access to? I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but you seem to be implying that a majority of people who need health care need it because they have eaten themselves to a heart attack or smoked themselves into lung cancer, and if that is what you meant to say, then I'm wondering what your proof is of that.

As for how you define a human right, it's right there--LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. If you have breast cancer and can't get treated, how do you have the freedom to live that is enumerated in the constitution?

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 01:41 PM

I think it blows a hole in the fact that alot of people don't seem to actually know what Obama stands for. They're just voting in a form of the Cult of Personality.

Thanks Drivin' I always try to be thought provoking...if nothing else.

I saw him speak in St. Louis Saturday. I went to see him to understand more about him. About 100,000 people were listening with me.

Every time I see him speak and read what he has to offer, the more that I like him.

Okay, why?

He was right on the war in Iraq. He is right that all Americans deserve access to health care and right in his pragmatic approach to meeting that goal. He is right on tax policy, infrastructure investment, energy policy and environmental issues. He is right about what he wants to do with education.

That's why.

Beg to differ. Tax policies? The man hasn't got a clue... DO THE MATH... You can not support even ONE of his proposals on those tax policies... diminishing returns leading to failing systems leading to diminishing returns. Our economy will eat itself faster then it allready is. (Our economy is correcting itself because it's pricing structure is FALSE and inflated... It will continue to correct itself until it reaches equilibrium NO MATTER WHAT THE GOVERNMENT DOES OR DOES NOT DO).

Infrastructure Investment? Ain't that a local thing... How is big government going to effect that without making a few contractors very rich and get nothing done.

Energy and Environmental issues... Buzz words for 'lets make oil cost more so we can squeeze more money out of the poor americans by making them think the alternative is cheaper'

Health care is NOT a right... It is something you strive for and work and earn... It would be nice to see some of the prices come down to what is REAL but GOVERNMENT does not control that.

I for one do not want my taxes paying for the medical treatments of a person that has NEVER CARED FOR THEMSELVES and now needs health care cause they smoked their lungs to ashes, gorged themeselves to a heart condition, never exercised to prevent this and now expect ME to pay for it.

PAHHHHHH!

So all medical conditions are preventable?

I guess I should tell my genetic disorders that they don't actually exist.

Why isn't health care a right? What, for you, IS a right?

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 01:24 PM
Seconded. Very creative. :)

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 01:20 PM

show me the law that states the American people are responsible to pay the IRS,

...the 16th amendment?

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 01:10 PM

super Mario, I lucked out I think, I got all the components for $15.

Sweet. I got mine for $20. I still want to get him a glowstick or something as a lightsaber.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 01:06 PM

In case you get a moment, here's a link to some of the full episodes.

http://www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=32855

Cool. Not enough time right now, but I'll check it out this weekend.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 01:00 PM
My 16 month old is going to be Darth Vader: http://www.costumehub.com/_static/webUpload/731/11609_3.jpg
(although he is much cuter than the model baby :D )

What about your kids?

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 12:55 PM

if you want to see something disproved, go watch a taps episode. they try to debunk everything that they hear, they are not out to prove anything. they are regular guys that go and investigate claims of paranormal. for example, they went to a church that was transformed into a home, and they had alot of claims of seeing people and hearing things, doors opening, and disproved everything. but in another show,, they went to a lighthouse in florida, and caught some things on camera that would be very very hard to say that nothing was there. they caught things looking over the railing of the stairs, and there are motion detectors that turn lights on at the top, and they never came on, they have caught things moving with no one in the room, music when there was none playing, people talking when they were the only ones there. they cant explain it and thats what they do.

Do you have a link?

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

eeg...that's a lot of stuff. Do you have a link to an episode where they supposedly find something?

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 12:51 PM

i think the problem of the world today is so many people are to cautious and wory and stress over dumb stuff like pitures on craigslist. who cares if shes two? she just posting the photo cause there her daughters movies besides people think 2 year old kids are cute, dont wory so much, jmo

seriously. People are scared that a pedo is going to find it and wank over it or something. Unless this woman is posting:

[pic of two year old daughter]

This is my address.
My daughter attends [x] day care between the hours of 8 and 5.
She can be found playing in the front yard alone for 1 hour daily between 5 and 6.
Her favorite kind of candy is Snickers.

then I don't think you have a problem.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 12:47 PM

if you want to see something disproved, go watch a taps episode. they try to debunk everything that they hear, they are not out to prove anything. they are regular guys that go and investigate claims of paranormal. for example, they went to a church that was transformed into a home, and they had alot of claims of seeing people and hearing things, doors opening, and disproved everything. but in another show,, they went to a lighthouse in florida, and caught some things on camera that would be very very hard to say that nothing was there. they caught things looking over the railing of the stairs, and there are motion detectors that turn lights on at the top, and they never came on, they have caught things moving with no one in the room, music when there was none playing, people talking when they were the only ones there. they cant explain it and thats what they do.

Do you have a link?

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 12:46 PM

This doesn't prove anything. On the Republican side, you've got people who are voting because they think Sarah Palin's hot, or that Obama's a terrorist, or because they've heard that McCain's a maverick. There are also a lot of people on either side who have very good reasons for voting the way they do. Videos are easily manipulated, and we're talking about Howard Stern here...obviously going for sensationalism and comedic effect. Anybody who made an intelligent response would have been edited out.

EEk... Howard Stern only did what others have before him.

I watched a group of people answer with names of people they thought associated with pictures they were shown..

Judge Judy was correctly identified by 100% of the persons asked.
Bush was identified by about 60% of the persons asked.
Obama by about 50%.
Mccain by about 50%.
Sara Palin by only about 40%.
Biden (get this) was misidentified by nearly all as 'mccain'.

Not a single person in the group knew anything about the actual issues when asked. NOT A ONE.

Yet that would be the majority of people we have voting in our current campaigns.

I personally asked a woman in my neigborhood who she was voting for and the answer shocked me. She intends to vote the 'straight Republican ticket' as she has 'since I was old enough to vote'...

when I asked her who Obama was she did not even know the name... Nor did she know the Vice Pres canditate was a female.

Yeah, a week ago I took my mom to the store and she saw a magazine and asked me who Sarah Palin is...and she's voting Republican. On another mag, she misidentified McCain as one of his sons. I don't know if it's a majority, but a lot of people have no idea what's going on, never have, and maybe never will.

I think that schools should be educating people on how to think critically, look through propaganda, and understand the issues of a political campaign. That might help the problem a little bit, but it's never going to go away, and it's not just one party that has the issue.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 12:41 PM

rofl

hahahhhahhahahhahaha BWwwhahhahahahhhAHAHHAHAHAAAA

Sorry, i just watched the video.

Funny how of all the places in the world this ghost could have been and all the things he could do, he chose a really dark room and chose to throw a brick!

I cant believe anyone would seriously suggest that video proved anything.

If I were a ghost, I'd spend my time at free concerts and movies.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 12:39 PM

Well, this certainly degenerated fast, now didn't it?

PingPong, welcome to Mingle. I don't think anyone called you unreasonable but that's neither here nor there I guess. The worst thing was that he said some people are skeptics. I can think of worse things to be called. I, myself, am skeptical of a lot of paranormal claims. There are some, though, where a logical explanation can't be found. I've even had some things happen to me. Because of my own experiences, I do believe, only because I can't explain. But, as I said earlier, someone needs to be a skeptic, otherwise knowledge cannot grow. We can debate, talk, have a conversation, even disagree but can we please try to do it with respect?

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Eh, I wasn't trying to be nasty with the spelling thing, it's just something that gets on my nerves.

Anyway, I understand that there are things that can't be explained sometimes. My problem is when people jump on that thing that they can't explain and just make up an explanation for it. Just looking at history, that method has failed time and time again. I just think that rather than saying, "I don't know how this happened, so I'm going to say it was [ghosts/god/aliens/etc.]", we should be saying, "I don't know how this happened, so I'm going to try to find out and not go into my investigation already decided."

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 12:34 PM
¿Eres tan juevón que te cansas con marcar un solo número?

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 12:31 PM
This doesn't prove anything. On the Republican side, you've got people who are voting because they think Sarah Palin's hot, or that Obama's a terrorist, or because they've heard that McCain's a maverick. There are also a lot of people on either side who have very good reasons for voting the way they do. Videos are easily manipulated, and we're talking about Howard Stern here...obviously going for sensationalism and comedic effect. Anybody who made an intelligent response would have been edited out.

pingpong's photo
Mon 10/20/08 12:25 PM
hell yeah, MASH.

I'm kinda sorta watching Doctor Who, but I keep getting distracted.