Community > Posts By > grkboy

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 03:19 PM

savor the good memories with your x or was the ending of the relationship so bad that the good times don't matter?

I don't savor...I just file it all (good and bad) away and move on.

If I remember the good times then I'll miss the ex and feel miserable. :cry:

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 02:36 PM
I'm new here.

It's nice to honestly have some good conversation with other adults.

I used to be on nightclub message boards, but they all are now a constant stream of douchebags and attention whores.

I went on some other sites like Askmen and PlentyofFish, but the forums there are so negative. I know there's some here too, but you all just seem very positive, happy, friendly, and fun.

:smile:

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 01:14 PM

What is the best possible advice.

If you like her or at least find her attractive, then go meet her.

What do you have to lose?

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 12:07 PM
I believe in God.

I just don't think he will interfere in anything that happens on this planet. He simply watches and judges us when we die.

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 12:01 PM

There is something wrong with your date's appearance. The clothes clash. The boots don't work at all. You are about to leave their place.

Do you say anything?

Never had that problem. Dunno what to tell you.

Any woman I've dated always had a nice sense of style.

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 11:54 AM

What are you taking in school?

Finishing up a Masters in Information Systems.

I more look forward to being able to learn "fun things". Like learning to play a piano, or to speak Greek, or a sushi class, or even martial arts.

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 11:48 AM

Pretty good for now. Life has been very busy recently. How are you? happy flowerforyou

Same deal. My life lately has just been work and grad school. Almost over though (school) so I can get my life back. drinker

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 11:43 AM

NOT THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 11:42 AM

Hey there! drinker

How's life treating u?

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 11:39 AM

does anyone notice how all winter long there are no women out but as soon as we start getting nice weather they are everywhere? Where do they go during the winter?

Usually they have boyfriends and they're with them most of the time, or hangin' with the girls at the local favored hangouts.

That or busy with school.

I'm not complaining...I love summer just to walk around downtown and enjoy the sights of so many beautiful women all over. love

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 11:37 AM

And that is exactly the mentality that pageants promote.

Well...if you could go and change them (but not abolish them), what would you do? :smile:

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 11:36 AM
hi :smile:

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 11:34 AM
I'd say I'm a 7.

It'll move up to 8 when I finish Grad School in July and can have my life back. 9 when I amass more financial savings and get more backup funds in case something goes wrong in life.

10 when I find true love. love

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 11:29 AM
Oh jeez...I guess then I posted a bad example then. Apologies. ohwell

The point was more trying to display the damage parents can do to a young girl when they raise her on the idea that her only goals in life would be to look pretty and find a husband. When they teach her the illogic that she should value her looks above everything else in life.

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 09:41 AM

So if the daughter is the one pushing for it and the parents are hesitant...will that effect the teens confidence too do you think?

I think it might make her lose confidence, thinking her parents see her as ugly or untalented.

It's a tricky situation. I think if I had a daughter and she wanted to compete, then I'd support her and hopefully teach her that she should see them as fun, but not as a total judgment on if she's "beautiful" or "talented". So if she loses she won't think she's a failure in life, but to more see it as just a loss when other successes in life will come.

To me, pageant are about beauty queens; which means we are emphasizing the wrong thing. Why should girls have to strive to be beauty queens? They should be competing in academics and sports, in my opinion. Succeeding as a beauty queen prepares you for a life as a beauty queen - which means you are useless without someone else's support. It is the wrong message to send to a young girl.

I don't know where I stand. I partially agree with you, and even feel too many young women today have the wrong role models. When they were idolizing people like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears...that was bad. Even women who idolize the cast of Sex and the City need to rethink their lives.

HOWEVER, lately there has been the complaints in society that men don't see women as "feminine" anymore. Too many women trying to take on roles traditionally looked at as male roles...and for some men it scares them because they see themselves losing power in life, but others look at these women and don't see them as "feminine" anymore.

I'm not saying women should be housewives, nurses, secretaries, etc...but even when I read the book "Unhooked Generation", author Jillian Strauss even mentioned women who did a 180 on the Women's Movement simply because they felt by trying to follow the Women's Movement, they will end up alone...that the ideas of Women's Lib meant men won't see them as marriage material.

It's a tricky thing, but I think even the beauty queen can grow up to be a strong good feminine woman. It really comes down to the parents and how they raise her. If they raise her to be a good girl, go to school, be the best she can be at what she does...then she'll be fine. If they raise her on the idea that if she's not a pageant winner then she's ugly and will end up marrying a truck driver, then she'll grow up under the idea that looks mean everything in the world.

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 09:23 AM

Wow, "you hit the nail right on the head". And who says guys don't understand women???

This is why I tell all guys to make sure they have some good female friends. See what they do, learn from them, and also be their guide to men.

The one who captures your heart will be a lucky woman indeed!

Thanks for the compliment. blushing

One of these days she'll come along.

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 09:03 AM
I think there is nothing wrong with the pageants, but I do think it's bad when we hear the stories of overbearing parents who are more pushing their daughters when maybe the daughters aren't as passionate about the affairs.

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 09:01 AM

I met someone recently here, and we "broke up" because he said the distance was a problem for him. My problem is, I want to "be friends" cuz I don't want to totally "lose" him, but I still have very strong feelings for him!brokenheart I never tell him, cuz I am afraid he'll just not want anything to do with me at all!:cry: Do you think I should let him know how I feel, or just "be friends"? Any advice at all, please!!:heart:

I'd say either let go of the idea of him as a BF for you and be his friend, or let him go completely if you can't see him as anything but potential BF.

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 09:00 AM

When you first start dating, how many emails/phone calls/texts are too many for one day?

I usually call once and leave a voice mail. From there it's on her to call me back. If a few days pass and we're already dating (not the phase where I just got the number and am trying to get a first date), then I'll try calling again.

No call back after that and I'm gone for good. With technology, caller ID, voice mail, etc...the excuse "I never got your call" is totally bogus now.

grkboy's photo
Mon 05/19/08 08:58 AM
I'd say men and women should just take advantage of the idea that men can go more than once, and the second and third times will last much longer than the first.

Easiest thing women should do is give the man oral and let him blast quick, then he can pleasure you while his "soldier reloads". When he's ready for action again then he'll last much longer than the first time.

Plus regular sex with the guy will get better...so if maybe the first few sex sessions are "eh", there is a good chance things will improve as you both become more comfortable with one another as well as learn what gets the other person off.