Community > Posts By > grkboy

grkboy's photo
Thu 05/15/08 08:44 AM
Reeses PB Cups...although I've been staying away from all candy bars for the past year. :smile:

grkboy's photo
Thu 05/15/08 08:44 AM

Many times I try to lighten up the mood of everyone here but sometimes I have to unload. This is one of those times. People (Men and Women) if you have the words "not into head games, no players, no games, serious only etc" CHANGE IT! If you read my profile I make a mockery of that sort of stuff.

I agree. When I see "sick of the games" I more want to believe the woman has no idea how to pick a decent guy or she really really really wants the fantasy to come true. The playa type who becomes wonderful loyal boyfriend.

I personally think no matter how many playas women meet and how many headcases men meet, we shouldn't speak out on those in our profiles. Just be open and inviting to people and not show that your past love life has been a misery of lies and other drama.

You only then make yourself look unattractive or like you're someone with issues. I personally don't want to hear about how some jerk totally destroyed a woman's self-esteem. I want to meet Ms Pretty, Fun, and Intelligent.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 03:44 PM
I love when people would complain to me about all the fake people they meet.

But yet won't ever change up their surroundings or try new things to meet more real people.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 01:38 PM

money is of absolute zero concern...what do you do?

Pay off any bills I have plus Student Loans and Mortgage.

Pay off any bills my brother or parents have.

Buy a condo in Greece.

Work, live life, enjoy it, invest the rest into things to make it grow.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 01:21 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings is a more family-oriented spot. Some places won't be affected.

I remember when my father had a restaurant, he lost 25% of his business when the ban came into play. So did many other places.

Plus I don't like how some areas now have crowds of people outside smoking, tossing their butts into the street. That's environmentally bad as well.

I think they should just have left it to the businesses to decide. When I heard complaints from anti-smokers that businesses who choose to be smoke-free end up going out of business, I merely replied "the people have spoken".

When I had to go to City Hall and sit in on the hearings, I just saw those in favor of it, and they were definitely the types who never go to bars or clubs. So if they don't even go period, what right do they have to tell someone they can't enjoy a cig?

I'd rather have them indoors smoking in designated areas as opposed to outside businesses, making a mess with the butts and chaos. I still wonder if one drunken night the smokers on Division Street in Chicago will turn into a riot.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 01:11 PM
Edited by grkboy on Wed 05/14/08 01:12 PM

are happy with there weight?? or would you prefer to be bigger or smallerflowerforyou flowerforyou

Not happy...working on dropping ten more pounds.

i think its annoying when im magazines they show all really skinny women, why dont they show us people of a average weight, like the majority of the population.

I agree. I never take magazine pictures to be what defines "normal".

However, I think many people out there could stand to lose some weight. Not looking for a nation of "skinny" as much as a nation of "healthy"

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 01:10 PM

living with my x.

LMAO!!! laugh

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 12:46 PM

Why are there so many women (and I suppose, men) who still smoke? Seems like whenever I see someone on here who looks interesting to me, they turn out to be a smoker (which I am not). And please tell me...who smokes "occasionally"? Either you are a smoker or you're not!!!!

Ok, I know I'm gonna hear it from the smokers now!!

I used to smoke. Started when I was drunk one night and someone handed me a cigarette. I felt such a high that I loved it. Ended up wanting to smoke more when I drank...even had some here and there when I didn't. It got to the point where I'd smoke one cigarette after work and then 3-4 on Friday and 3-4 on Saturday.

I loved it, and I still do. If there was a completely healthy cigarette, I'd be a smoker.

However, I knew I was damaging myself...and had to stop. It took a life-threatening accident which had nothing to do with smoking show me that life is precious and I shouldn't slowly destroy mine. Haven't touched a cigarette since that day and it's been over a year no. No cravings anymore either.

I still don't agree with smoking bans like the one they passed in Illinois. I know that when I walk into places like bars or nightclubs that the smoke is part of the deal. For the waitresses and bartenders who fear their health, they should think about another line of work. I think we have a right to designate areas as "non-smoking", but we don't have a right to tell businesses that they can't have smoking period...especially when those smokers make up most of their customers.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 12:35 PM

I used to work at a dunkin donuts for about two years, and now i work at a starbucks... i've been there since about agaust... good job and everything except i kinda need a second job right now... so i just got the phone call saying i got hired for my second job.... ironically enough its at another dunkin donuts.. im scared im going to mix up the two

Be careful that you didn't sign a covenant not to compete.

Meaning you didn't sign something that says you can't work for a competitor while employed at Starbucks.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 12:26 PM
I think he was flirting.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 12:20 PM
It's creative and comedic.

Excellent work.

Do you just display here on this site? Or you have a portfolio somewhere?

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 12:11 PM

Wow! I was getting ready to pat you on the back and tell you way to go until you said that.

Oh stop. You know they won't mess it up. If they still screw that up then I can only go so far in terms of helping those who just can't do their jobs right.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 12:06 PM
Edited by grkboy on Wed 05/14/08 12:07 PM
Well, much to the disappointment of the "keep it" opinions, I called up AMAZON.COM and told them to cancel the refund I requested this morning. I actually made the decision right after I started this topic. I guess I needed to voice it to more or less make the decision in my mind. I let it be just to see what answers I get.

In the end, it's my conscience and my sense of right and wrong that's on the line. I think for all I talk about society being better people...I had to be an example to myself. A $250 flash for a camera just isn't worth how I'd look at myself. In all honesty my personal integrity means too much to me.

Now if they screw up and still refund me, then that's their problem. :wink:

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 11:43 AM
OK, last Wednesday I ordered something off an online retailer with next-day shipping on it because I needed it in a rush. I had the shipping address be my work so it could be signed for.

Friday...still have not received it. According to the UPS tracking on the site, it says UPS hasn't even picked it up yet. I called the retailer and asked them to at least comp me the shipping, which they did. So I figured I'd get the item Monday or Tuesday.

Today...Wednesday...still nothing. No change in the tracking either, meaning it says it was never picked up from the retailer. I calmly called the retailer again and just asked for a refund. I figured if it hasn't been even shipped yet then I might as well get my money and move on.

A few hours later, a coworker walks in and puts a box on my desk, saying it was buried in the mail room or something. Not sure if it ever arrived Friday or Monday or Tuesday, but it was my item.

So what would you do in this case? Keep it and get the refund? Call them and ask to be charged for it? Send it back?

While the easy answer is "keep it"...I guess I feel like it would be bad karma.

Thoughts?

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 09:55 AM

Did you do your excercise today? I just did 1 hr of hoop dance.Feels GOOD! drinker

Going to do cardio at the gym tonight when I get off work.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 09:54 AM

If you felt you wern't ready for a serious relationship yet, but you met someone you really clicked with...would you seize the moment and go 4 it or would you listen to your inner voice?

Show this person attention, be there for them, take it slow.

Biggest problem I've seen with women who aren't ready or want to take it slow is that they seem to think that the guy is someone they can put on or take off the shelf when it suits their needs, or she'll get bored quickly because she wanted to take things slow, but she still wants fireworks and excitement. Doesn't work that way.

That or she treats the guy too much as a "friend" and thus he thinks he's been friendzoned and he'll move on.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 09:52 AM

Is it more important to have physical attraction or emotion attraction?

Could you be with a person that you were crazy about emotionally but only just kinda in the phys area?

To me attraction isn't just about physical or emotional. It's a combination of the physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual attributes that make you connect with said person.

I've met women who are physically a 9 or 10, but when they open their mouth the number drops to a 4 or 5. If a girl wants to be my girlfriend, then it takes more than a pretty face. Yes physical looks will get you noticed more and get your foot in the door, but it's the overall package that makes me think this woman is ideal.

I've had girlfriends that my friends thought looked average, but their personalities and care for me are what made me see them as "hot".

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 09:48 AM
Based on what I know:

Mr Right = As hot as David Beckham, as wealthy as Donald Trump, has the ability to easily get and nail women 10x hotter than Ms Jane Average, but will give all those women and easy sex up for a commitment with Ms Jane Average. He'll also be wild and exciting on the streets, but a total sensitive nice guy at home.

I'm kidding btw. happy

I agree with the answer that women are looking for the one who is right for them.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 06:42 AM

does take for you to get over a crush?

Maybe a day at the most.

Sounds cold, but I've had many crushes on women in my life, made a move, only to get rejected. You can't sit there feeling bad about it, just file her away and move on.

grkboy's photo
Wed 05/14/08 06:40 AM

Do women always ask where is this relationship going, why cant you girls just let it begrumble

Asking after a few dates...that's a bit much.

Asking after a month or so...fine.

They want to know if this will go to a relationship and possibly marriage, or if this guy is just keeping her around for sex while searching for a different woman.