Community > Posts By > grkboy

grkboy's photo
Wed 06/25/08 05:58 PM
FOR THE MEN:
Say you were at a street fest, loads of pretty girls all walking around in groups.

How would you go about getting a number, date, or even taking one home?

FOR THE WOMEN:
Say you were at a street fest, plenty of cute guys walking alone and in groups.

Would you want to meet them?
If so, what would you methodology in either meeting one or just getting their attention be?

grkboy's photo
Wed 06/11/08 01:59 PM
No.

Life's too short to make your self-valuation system be based on having a significant other.

grkboy's photo
Tue 06/10/08 02:12 PM
No. I was shy nerd.

grkboy's photo
Tue 06/10/08 02:06 PM

HELP ME!!!

I feel your pain brother.

Just remember the Crazy/Hot scale. laugh

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kYrZSjpiIK4

seriously, I've met a lot of women but I always find the ones that want to be helped in some way - or they find me!

Again, I've been there. The problem I found is that I attract those types because I am a good guy to women, but I also like to feel needed, hence why the "damsel in distress" would catch my attention. It's natural to feel needed, but I've learned it only brings me headcases.

You need to first make sure you never go too fast with a woman. Get to know her and let the issues come out before you get close. One can only put on a phony "stable mind" act for so long. Let her break down one night about the guy who destroyed her 5 years ago, or the father who never loved her. Then you'll see.

This also sounds cold, but you also need to learn to LAUNCH a girl when you see the issues come out, not stick around and help her. Yes it sounds mean, but I've come to learn that while some people have a problem hit and need the help of a friend, many more people just roll around in their problems every day, looking for attention more than actual help or a solution. Worse are when those very women then friendzone the guy who was there for them to chase the guy who won't be there for them.

Do yourself a favor. Don't help these girls. Just move on.

grkboy's photo
Thu 06/05/08 01:13 PM
None. Not really in the frame of mind to date right now in my life.

grkboy's photo
Thu 06/05/08 10:03 AM

you sex would you take it?

Depends on who and how well I know them.

I've learned in life that there is no such thing as a "free ride"

grkboy's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:37 AM

The thing about complainers...is they can only complain as much as you let them. When they start in, suddenly find something else that you have to do and hang up with them. Or, if you're just too nice and have to listen to them, let them get going...then ask them what they're going to do about it. Complaining solves nothing, and leaves the listener feeling like they're the one who is supposed to do something about it. Make them own their own responsibilities and either solve their problem, or shut up. Tell them you'll happily discuss options that can solve the problem, but that if all they want to do is whine without results, they'll find a better listener with their wall than with you.

Agreed. I've started to basically keep pushing on them "ok...how are you going to adapt to the situation?"

When they keep pushing for more exploration as to why something happened, I cut them off as ask again..."how are you going to adapt to this?"

I'm just going to have to start getting mean. grumble

grkboy's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:23 AM
I'm sorry all...I'm just blowing off some steam.

Going to blog my thoughts to fully get it out of my system.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only annoyed person out there. drinker

grkboy's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:15 AM

so.. you're complaining about people complaining?

Sorry. embarassed

It just pisses me off how much moaning and whining I see out there.

If I didn't value my friends so much, I'd tell them all to piss off.

grkboy's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:11 AM
Ok...last night I had a female friend call me to complain yet again about a guy. A guy who's been playing hot and cold with her for a while. Only thing is that this guy isn't a boyfriend of a guy she's dating. HE'S JUST A ****BUDDY!!!!

So she's moaning and griping how he blew her off, plays games, etc...yet I can't understand why she puts up with it when I imagine getting sex is an easy thing for a pretty girl. And no...she's not in love with the guy, she more or less hates having to find new people.

Then I have another male friend who moans and complains about his girlfriend.

Another one complaining about how her friend didn't congratulate her for finishing law school.

Another one moaning and *****ing about her ex-BF who basically makes his family think she's an evil psycho, because he won't pay child support for his daughter.

Another one complaining about the weather.

Another one about the job.

Another one about this.

Another one about that.

GOOD GOD!!!!!!! IS THIS THE WORLD I LIVE IN???? A BUNCH OF PEOPLE MOANING AND *****ING ABOUT EVERYTHING??

The relationship-based ones alone are why I don't even get enthusiastic to find anyone. Just seems like all it leads to (also based on my own experiences) is misery.

So why complain? Why not figure better ways to ADAPT to life's troubles as opposed to wasting hours of your life trying to find some hidden meaning to the troubles when a simple "he's an asshole", "she's a *****", "he's an overgrown child", "she is thoughtless" and MOVING ON would easily solve everything?

And if I sound like I'm complaining, then I apologize...but thanks for listening and offering thoughts. happy

grkboy's photo
Wed 06/04/08 06:50 PM
Sorry for the multiple replies....the site was giving me an error. embarassed

grkboy's photo
Wed 06/04/08 03:21 PM

I am starting ta think life is just one hell of a big game...

Don't let it get to you Eddie.

I've grown to the point where I learned it's better to kick the bad people to the curb and learn to be happy and fulfilled as single and alone. Then you won't end up feeling down if you don't "have someone", and if someone steps up to the plate and proves to be worth it...you'll know she's a keeper.

grkboy's photo

I've grown to the point where I learned it's better to kick the bad people to the curb and learn to be happy and fulfilled as single and alone. Then you won't end up feeling down if you don't "have someone", and if someone steps up to the plate and proves to be worth it...you'll know she's a keeper.

grkboy's photo

grkboy's photo

grkboy's photo
Wed 06/04/08 03:07 PM

what makes them any good?

Intelligent conversation with a beautiful woman who's totally into you. love

grkboy's photo
Wed 06/04/08 03:02 PM

Sometimes i just wish i could write across my forehead "NOT ALL MEN ARE" it seem that we have over looked the fact that the thug kinda kids had to grow up sooner or later and now look at the monsters we have among us.
For God sakes, what ever happened to the Good ole Boys?
Myself, i think its a sham when i have to cut in front of others just to hold the door for someone that i don't even know and gezzz, there standing is her own hubby or kids..
(_)? Sit down people, enjoy life, think of others for onces and just be happy.. Merry Christmas Folks..
ECA - Lebanon, TN

I agree with you, and I think we as men need to keep sending the message out to the little boys of why it's better to be a true man, a gentleman, to the ladies as opposed to the lying horny dogs many have become.

HOWEVER, we also can't sit there all the time taking the victim card many women hand out. We men do have to also hold women accountable for their own actions and bad decisions when it comes to males. I used to feel bad for women when they would end up in a miserable relationship with a horrible guy, or even when their supposed "decent man" ended up cheating on her and burning her.

What changed me is when I would see the patterns. I'd see women flock to many guys pushing the testosterone-fueled "alpha male syndrome" and yet these guys were not really "alpha" at all. They just knew how to put on a good act of cocky strength and sexual excitement that made ladies think they could possibly mold him into the exciting boyfriend. I'd see true alpha males get rejected simply because these women saw them as "nice guys", when they were not doormats.

This is why I don't feel too sorry anymore for the women who willingly make the bad decisions. When they keep pursuing the same guys whom even they know will hurt them. I agree that we men need to push the message to boys to be real men and not dogs, but we also need to hold women accountable for their own bad decisions as opposed to just thinking they are innocent victims.

grkboy's photo
Wed 06/04/08 02:23 PM
I believe in marriage...but I won't do it on a whim.

grkboy's photo
Wed 06/04/08 01:49 PM

Yeah.....that's what I just had happen to me.

I'm kinda bummed out right now, thinking maybe it's all my fault. :cry: :cry:

Welcome to dating in general. Happens to myself and many other people a LOT.

Best advice in life is never to get too close to someone until they are getting close to you. So if you meet someone, have pleasant conversation, and go out once or twice, don't start hoping this will be love. If the dating becomes weeks or months, and she's all into you, then go ahead.

When the ones you start off with suddenly vanish on you, you just learn to move on quickly by not getting yourself all emotionally attached to her from the get-go. You also should see every woman who does this to you as one problem you won't have to deal with in life. Believe me, the kind of women who would up and run out on you on a whim is more likely the kind of woman who will make you miserable in the long run.

And the same goes to you women when it comes to men who run out on you in a heartbeat.

grkboy's photo
Wed 06/04/08 07:50 AM

think you could stay with one person the rest of your life?

Definitely.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10