Community > Posts By > Roco

Roco's photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:58 PM
jeez, i'd like to get a reliable car for a few hundred bucks...but all that i'm encountering are flippers on craigslist that are selling @ inflated prices..

roco

Roco's photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:53 PM
That's pretty good, assuming there wasn't a lot of expenses in between.

Roco's photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:46 PM
Edited by Roco on Fri 05/22/09 09:48 PM
I'm in the process of buying a used car. I'd like to hear some success stories and also some not so success stories.

Roko

Roco's photo
Wed 05/20/09 10:02 AM
Edited by Roco on Wed 05/20/09 10:02 AM

Tod, what is the most e-mails you've exchanged with a lady on here?
5 or 6 i think

Any idea why have you not met or progressed to phone?
If I had to take a hunch at that I would say probably cause I am living with my dad still, no job, and no car and I am not independent. And it seems harder to meet people since I am getting older. I don't know just a couple guesses..
I recently joined facebook thanks to my mom telling me too, and am hoping I can maybe meet someone on that site..

wow, those are indeed some significant barriers;however, on the upside, if you do meet a girl privy to your circumstances and she likes you nonetheless...then she's a keeper, in my opinion..

roco

Roco's photo
Wed 05/20/09 09:57 AM
just like anything else in life, it takes a lot of hard work to get what you want...unless of course your as good looking and as intelligent as I am..then its rather easy...

roco

Roco's photo
Mon 05/18/09 07:55 AM
Edited by Roco on Mon 05/18/09 07:55 AM
"That would be a terrible trend."

agreed, long term sustainable trend that will eventually become part of our culture....how to reverse this trend...don't know really..perhaps better marketing..

roco

Roco's photo
Mon 05/18/09 07:49 AM
top of the morning to you

roco

Roco's photo
Mon 05/18/09 07:45 AM

wow. I read your whole post, and I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are. But, I'd say to follow your gut instincts right now. I'm not a professional or anything, but breaking away from whatever routine you have is going to make you feel alive, more so than doing nothing. if what you're doing now does not compete with what you had before, that doesn't really mean you have to go back, although it's an option. I think it's great that you're sober. It means you have willpower and that's very respectable.

Find something to live for, is what my philosophy teacher told me.
I'm in a rut myself and I fall in and out of depression.
And what has helped me, at least, is getting out.
Doing something different, be with new people, try new stuff.

I'd say to just think of what you want to do,
and then go and do it.
no thinking or anything.
I hope this helped at least a lil bit.

Bravo! Well said, very good advice.

Roco

Roco's photo
Mon 05/18/09 07:41 AM
Many people are doing what they can to survive. Unfortunately, some people are in less fortunate positions and don't even have jobs. Some of my friends have too much pride to work at a minimum wage job and have become so discouraged that they just gave up. Who can blame them really, the mental switch from making 100k and power over employees to making 15k and being told what to do by a kid out of high school is hard to swallow. Furthermore, some of my other friends who have made the switch and are actively seeking are not getting hired. So basically, its a lose/lose....well, the win would be effort ...i suppose....

roco

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 11:21 PM
eathquake..was no earthquake...was just me slamming her too hard..i'll try to ease up on the thrust a little, sorry about that

roco

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 11:17 PM
sure...happened quite a few times for me...its a wonderful feeling
roco

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 11:13 PM

I started talking to this guy last September. We talked for awhile. Endless nights included us. We talked for almost 3 months. Things were great. In reality I could not find anything wrong with him. But the fear of getting close to somebody caused me to run. Like I have done so many times before. He tried to contact me a few times but I would never respond. My heart would not allow me to get closer. But as time went on, and memories of our conversation surfaced, I started to miss him. He accidentally set me a message through Yahoo (clicked on the wrong name), I actually responded. It had been about 4 months. And we started talking again. Almost like nothing had changed. Except now I am only in the "friend zone".

we all have the answers in retrospect, very few of us have the capacity to make the right decisions as it is happening...well, women do more so than men - in my opinion...i think it will be very easy for you to get back into the core zone

roco

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 11:08 PM
someone mentioned it earlier..do things differently..if your shy..do things that non-shy people do...easier said than done though...switch it up...expecting different results by doing the same thing isn't realistic -- quote from somebody....last ditch option -- significantly reduce your expectations..that usually works for me every time I'm in a rut...quite frankly, there's a bunch of other girls that want what you want...but you know, beggers can't be choosers...or can they??

roco

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 10:58 PM
close your eyes..do you trust me she whispers..yes..i do..how much so? I trust you with my life..we jump off the bridge..she's attached to the bungee..i'm not...eyes never opened..but our souls were forever close

roco

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 10:43 PM
I am neither from sfvla nor am i between that age bracket...wish I was..your one hot mamma = )

roco

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 01:40 PM
it is perception

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 01:37 PM

common dude

What's so common about it?

just slang, good catch..

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 01:34 PM
Edited by Roco on Sun 05/17/09 01:36 PM
c'mon dude..really, i think help is needed more than peoples comments can offer..

roco

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 01:32 PM
support indeed..wouldn't want to be anywhere else..i'll take the good with the bad

roco

Roco's photo
Sun 05/17/09 01:15 PM
twilight/twilight/1st star i see tonite/..i wish for apples