no photo
Sun 07/14/13 09:51 PM

the most epic song ever....again a song has to be around for awhile to earn the title

white rabbit

jefferson airplane

it defined an entire generation and political climate and influenced attitudes and the music scene into the future

but was not over played ad nauseum like freebird & stairway

You should check out Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. They do an amazing cover of White Rabbit and are a great band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vy1OoBAL-E

no photo
Sun 07/07/13 08:49 PM

This collective reality is just an agreement and it is old news.

Please expand on this

no photo
Sun 07/07/13 05:20 AM

I appreciate your response ArtGurl. I agree we create the reality we live in.

Sometimes I wonder though if my reality is the same as yours. Maybe I created this one. As arrogant as that may sound, you never know.

Your reality is not the same as mine and you did create yours. :wink:

Can I borrow your paintbrush?

If you wish. But yours will probably do a much better job in your own Youniverse.

That's what I'm struggling with and my point of this topic. Who's reality is real?

no photo
Sun 07/07/13 05:01 AM

Sometimes I wonder though if my reality is the same as yours. Maybe I created this one. As arrogant as that may sound, you never know.

Your reality is not the same as mine and you did create yours. :wink:

Can I borrow your paintbrush?

no photo
Sun 07/07/13 03:22 AM
Like, I've heard the possibility of alternate universes. What if we each create our own?

no photo
Sun 07/07/13 03:09 AM
Edited by WithOrWithoutYou on Sun 07/07/13 03:11 AM

It's only your own doubt holding you back. Even when think some stuff is other people's fault, we are the only one who can choose what we do? :thumbsup:

My question is more of, do you actually exist if this is my reality I've created in my mind? Do I exist in your imagination? It may be your world I'm a part of.

no photo
Sun 07/07/13 02:50 AM
Edited by WithOrWithoutYou on Sun 07/07/13 02:53 AM
Does life revolve around me or am I actually human. Am I only, only one of you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGwtB-Fn8d8

no photo
Sun 07/07/13 02:34 AM
Okay, so there's an objective reality we all are a part of, you say. My reality differs from yours though. I've never met you, I've never seen you, I don't know for sure you even exist. This is my reality, remember? I did read your post so you must be here for a reason.

no photo
Sun 07/07/13 02:10 AM

no photo
Fri 07/05/13 12:07 AM
Edited by WithOrWithoutYou on Fri 07/05/13 12:13 AM

not just the Smoke and the Tar that's detrimental,it's the NICOTINE as well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine

So,if you have never smoked,it is really senseless to start to ingest Nicotine just for kicks!

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nicotine3.htm

My understanding is that nicotine in of itself is no more harmful than caffeine

no photo
Mon 06/24/13 10:00 PM
You know, I guess I'm struggling. I'm speaking to you 'truth seekers' out there. I've been one of you for a long time and am still one, it's just that it's getting harder for me. What if this is all it is? Maybe I'm just trapped in the box. Maybe a crazy psychedelic drug to free my mind again. Maybe it's all in my head anyhow.

I want there to be more, I believe there's more. I just find myself here in reality day to day more then not and believe what I see. I understand there's more but it's been a while since it's revealed itself to me

no photo
Sun 06/02/13 11:38 PM
Edited by WithOrWithoutYou on Sun 06/02/13 11:40 PM
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Apologies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QDSboyAJvg

no photo
Thu 05/30/13 12:09 AM
I married right out of high school and seven years and a child later that came to an abrupt end. I've only been in one serious relationship after that and now I find myself in my thirties, alone and do wish I could find someone. I'm to the point now though that it's whatever will be will be. All expectations out the window and being single has become my normal.

So what's the problem? I've come to realize for me that it's partially location but mostly it's me.

People come and go here on the Big Island all the time. Those who can live here have $$$ and are usually older and not in my dating range, many times they're here to retire. There are really young women who leave for the mainland to go to college and don't usually return, young couples trying to pursue the fantasy of life in paradise who eventually go back, or there are a few locals in my age range that make it here somehow with their families' help, it's just that I don't share a lot of common interests with typical Hawaiian upbringing. I'm not racist at all, it's just I have found that for me, I'm more compatible and have more in common with Caucasian women. I'm more than willing to be proven wrong in that observation.

Location is really just an excuse though, since the issue is really me. I deal with social anxiety and don't go out a lot. I tend to avoid situations I feel uncomfortable in and first dates fit the bill. Meeting new people is tough for me. When it comes to love, I'm not the one to make it happen, I wait for it, like a strike of lightning. It's struck a few times for me but lately it feels like my luck has run out. I think I'd fit best with an understanding women or one who also knows what it's like to be a socially retarded, introverted might be a better way of putting it =)

I'd like to think everyone has a companion out there, someone to add to every aspect of their lives. I hope I'm right and not the exception.

no photo
Thu 03/21/13 11:51 PM
Edited by WithOrWithoutYou on Thu 03/21/13 11:53 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/16/mars-one-live-die-mars.html

"The man behind the private space project dubbed Mars One is looking for people to travel to Mars, but he's not offering a return ticket.

"The technology to get humans to Mars and keep them alive there exists," Bas Lansdorp told Day 6 host Brent Bambury in an interview that aired this week on CBC Radio.

"The technology to bring humans from Mars back to Earth simply does not exist yet."

Lansdorp said he's looking for people who are utterly dependable, good in groups and "at their best when things are at their worst."

The never-to-return explorers will require eight years of training, and the search starts this year.

The flight is scheduled to leave in Sept. 2022."

According to the video in the link posted above, they are funding the trip by making this into a reality tv show documenting their lives. Apparently, they already have thousands of people who who are willing and have signed up to be a possible candidate. They will have to train for 8 years and understand that there's no coming back to Earth once there. I'm not sure I'd be okay with that. I like Earth just fine thank you!

Anyone here willing to sign up to die on Mars?

no photo
Tue 03/19/13 07:43 PM

I checked out that link you posted the other day.. I thought it looked rather bulky and probably weighs a few pounds.. the one I had posted gives you something equal to 35 cartons of smokes in the kit for $100 CDN.. I wouldn't mind trying one before hand though.. but somehow I can't seem to find any with actual nicotine in them withOUT buying a kit first..

have you tried others yet? or is this the first one for you so far..
do you find the mist makes you cough at all?

They do make systems that are small like a regular cigarette and have rechargeable batteries. The only problem with those is that they are proprietary and you have to purchase their disposable cartridges which can also be expensive, but still cheaper than completely disposable e-cigs. Also, the batteries in those don't last very long and as the batteries start to die, the strength and amount of vapor you get diminishes because it's not voltage regulated. If you want to go that route, I'd check out blu e-cigs http://www.blucigs.com/premium-starter-kits

The advantage of getting a "bulky" variable-voltage 'mod' system is the batteries can last days, each hit you take will be the same because it is voltage regulated, you can try out different atomizers, you can try out any flavor e-liquid you want and they are much less expensive than cartridges. They may be bigger but they still fit in your pocket or purse and probably weigh much less than a pound.

The first e-juice I want to try is Boba's Bounty which is a tobacco flavored e-juice that has won awards and comes in many nicotine strengths. You can purchase it on their website:http://www.alienvapor.com/bobas-bounty/

I've only tried the Logic Platinum I linked to earlier in the thread. If you take a big drag you will cough.

no photo
Tue 03/19/13 07:04 PM

looks cool.. I see what you mean that it could get expensive fast though.. it says 2.4%.. if I may.. what's the strength of the cigarettes you smoke.. and how do you find these in comparison.. does it work?

I've only bought one and I used it for a day without smoking so it did work for me, for a day at least. Right now I'm smoking roll-your-own cigs because it only costs me like $75 a month versus the $300 I was spending for American Spirit blue packs which are full strength. I thought the e-cig was just as strong and worked really well.

I'm going to order an e-cig system that should be just as inexpensive as the roll-your-own per month to help me quit. It includes a variable-voltage device they call a 'mod' that comes with rechargeable batteries. You can attach various 'atomizers' to the top of the device which vaporize the 'e-fluid'. Once you have the device and atomizer, all you need to buy on a regular basis is the e-fluid so doing it this way will be inexpensive in the long run.

no photo
Tue 03/19/13 06:43 PM

we have the disposable ones around here selling for about the same price ($10).. the only problem with these is there's NO nicotine, just a 'flavor' mist.. does yours have it? and if yes.. does it give you a mg option/choice at point of purchase? just curious how it works out your way..

The ones they sell here have nicotine. Here's the one I tried. It's called the Logic Platinum and does have a good flavor, it just doesn't last very long IMO and would get real expensive if you bought these all the time.

http://www.gothamcigars.com/logic-platinum-full-flavor-disposable-electronic-cigarette.html

no photo
Tue 03/19/13 05:36 PM

When the krupa had to make 4+ hour plane trips
to and from Oregon from Texas, he used the
electronic cigarettes onboard, from his seat.

He said they worked very well, it was $10 for
one, and I don't think he ever used it up.

So then they do allow them on planes. I was wondering if they did.

I don't smoke but I've thought about starting with e-cigarettes. I could get the buzz without the tar.

Plus I would like to freak people out by smoking one in a non smoking area. LOL See how many people try to police me. rofl

I bought an e-cig the other day for a bus trip I took to the other side of the island, a three hour trip. It's funny to see people's reactions. One gal was like "What is that?!? Does it get you high?" You meet some interesting characters using public transportation!

For a non smoker, I imagine it will get you a bit high.

I really want to try one.

Yea, I'm sure it'd give you a buzz at least. They're like $10 here for a disposable one. You should try one if you're curious.

no photo
Mon 03/18/13 03:59 PM
For me, I can't say it's been effective, but yes, it can be quite entertaining! Welcome to Mingle! flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 03/16/13 12:58 PM

When the krupa had to make 4+ hour plane trips
to and from Oregon from Texas, he used the
electronic cigarettes onboard, from his seat.

He said they worked very well, it was $10 for
one, and I don't think he ever used it up.

So then they do allow them on planes. I was wondering if they did.

I don't smoke but I've thought about starting with e-cigarettes. I could get the buzz without the tar.

Plus I would like to freak people out by smoking one in a non smoking area. LOL See how many people try to police me. rofl

I bought an e-cig the other day for a bus trip I took to the other side of the island, a three hour trip. It's funny to see people's reactions. One gal was like "What is that?!? Does it get you high?" You meet some interesting characters using public transportation!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13