no photo
Tue 01/08/13 08:56 AM
You're welcome. I think the Roku would do what you need to do and well.

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 10:36 PM
You might not understand
I need it but I don't want it
I was better off before I think
But now it's a part of me

There's this man I used to be
I don't remember
He has his flaws, he has his strengths
I can't remember

All I know is what I am now
If I could change, I don't know how
I think it's fate
I think she's laughing at me

You might not understand
I need it but I don't want it
I wish things could change
But tomorrow's every day

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 09:46 PM
Edited by WithOrWithoutYou on Mon 01/07/13 10:07 PM
The number of 'channels' Roku offers on their site is 600. The number of apps on a stock Android device is now 600,000. Just something to think about. I may be wrong but I don't think the Roku even has a web browser.

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 09:26 PM
It is a Zealz GK802 Quad Core Android Mini PC. Basically the most powerful device of it's kind for the price. It's under a hundred dollars and runs a full version of Android on you television which includes all the things Roku can do and a whole lot more and faster.

That's just me though and what I would purchase if I had the need for such a device which I don't. Roku's do what they do just fine, it's just they aren't nearly as powerful hardware wise as the GK802 I mentioned.

Roku's come with a remote control and the GK802 does not which is something to think about when purchasing. It does support USB or bluetooth input so you can plug a wireless USB or bluetooth keyboard and mouse

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 07:32 PM
I fixed the link. Mingle doesn't seem to like HTTPS links

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 03:07 PM
Edited by WithOrWithoutYou on Mon 01/07/13 03:08 PM
I don't own one but I've set up a bunch of them for other people since I do IT work. If you just want to do Netflix or YouTube on your TV, they do the job. If I was in the market for a device like the Roku, I'd get one of these instead. Much more powerful and you can do a lot more with it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtQvGyV6Mk

no photo
Mon 01/07/13 02:42 PM

Thank you very much for everyones help. Heres what ive done sofar ive run ccleaner-no changes idid a chkdsk no problem ive run defrag and instald xpram it shows 600mb still free to be used from the 800mb. Im using windows xp service pack3 and it used to run fast and after it recovrd from unknown error it now boots up 70persent slower and all the programs are now slower too. Eagerly awaiting your advise, thankyou for helping

Run that hard drive testing program I linked to above to make sure your drive is not failing. If it is the hard drive, no amount of software tweaking is going to help

no photo
Sun 01/06/13 03:16 AM
So, as of the first of this year, Hawaii has banned plastic bags completely at grocery stores. I understand the logic and all but the stores aren't even offering paper bags as an alternative. They make you buy these recyclable bags you reuse which I can understand as well to a point, but paper bags were not outlawed so I don't know why they don't offer them. They did before.

This wasn't something voted on either, just something shoved down our throats. What are your thoughts on this?

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 09:47 PM

My first online experience was on Zoosk. It was fun ....received a lot of "winks" and chat requests. One day I got an "odd" wink.
The guy said " Thanks for the interest. However I am a white boy and I'm looking for the same"
No he wasn't gay...he was looking for a white girl!

First of all... I did not message this guy...let's put that out there right away! He was in a grouping with a bunch of other guys. I politely told him that I did not view him or message him...Zoosk obviously sends random "matches" . I also informed him that he may want to keep that in mind before sending this type of message in the future.

My point is.... He couldn't be alone in his way of thinking!
Mingle people, if you don't mind interracial dating... however, its just not for you..Can you tell me why?

I never have but I can't say I never will date outside my race. Especially here in Hawaii, whites are the minority. Lots of Asians here and Pacific Islanders

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 07:04 PM

WithOrWithoutYou

You remind me of Ricky Nelson.

I've never heard that one before. You should add that to your celebrity look alikes thread. I don't really think I look like anyone else though. I broke the mold.

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 04:10 PM

:thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 04:06 PM
I did a cover song and posted it on Youtube. It was quite a few years ago but the only one I have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTwsk6qqR4

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 01:01 PM
If you had failing ram memory, the computer would not boot at all and give you a series of beep codes, or it would turn on but give you random reboots so I don't think it's bad ram and running memtest won't help you.

The most common problems with computers booting slowly are either software related or your hard drive is about to die. The problem is it is almost impossible to troubleshoot issues like this in a forum.

If you really want to get all geeky and go the dyi route then I suggest two things. Test your hard drive and disable unnecessary startup programs.

To test your hard drive download and install a program called Acronis drive monitor. If the program show the drive has anything less then 100% health, then your hard drive is starting to fail which would slow everything down
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/drive-monitor

Disable unnecessary startup programs using msconfig. Here are instructions on how to do that
http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/index.html

There are a million other reasons why your computer would be slow but if you really want to try this yourself, I suggest doing the two steps I suggested and reporting back here with your results and maybe I can help you further

no photo
Thu 01/03/13 11:24 PM

They're supposed to cough into their shoulder/arm.

Turn off's - Smacking when eating, poor hygiene, smokers, barhoppers, drinking to excess and attempts to control me.

Forgive my ignorance but what is smacking while eating?

no photo
Thu 01/03/13 11:15 PM
A major turn off for me is being expected to maintain a twilight type, fantasy relationship indefinitely. Yes, I do think I'm romantic, but I DON'T sparkle. Get over it...

no photo
Thu 01/03/13 11:06 PM

When people sneeze or cough into there hand. Its gross and spreads germs.

Agreed except then where do they sneeze or cough into? It's definitely spreading germs to other people if they don't cover their mouth with something. I heard a big sneeze can travel like eighty miles per hour, or something like that anyway. I think people SHOULD sneeze and cough into their hands then go to the restroom and wash them

no photo
Tue 01/01/13 01:47 PM

So, do you think you are datable? Really...... Why or why not?

What does datable mean to you?

Are you at a point in your life where you are ready to share your life with someone? Are you open to that possibility or closed off for some reason? Do present circumstances keep you from believing you have something to offer? I guess datable to me is how open you are to meeting someone and what kind of expectations you have

no photo
Tue 01/01/13 01:35 PM
I turned thirty back in June. I still think I look twenty-two and I definitely don't feel thirty. I have two brothers who both look much younger than they are. It's a family curse or blessing I guess, depending on how you look at it

no photo
Mon 12/31/12 10:51 PM
Yea, you filled out a profile on a dating site but that doesn't make you so. Are you truly available or is there something holding you back? Do you really want to let someone else into your life? Are you ready for that?

no photo
Mon 12/31/12 10:38 PM
So, do you think you are datable? Really...... Why or why not?

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 12 13