no photo
Sat 02/23/13 03:48 PM
I guess I ask this question because I have a hard time meeting women. I live in a small town where people come and go like the sun and most who live here aren't in my age group. Needless to say, it's been a long time since I've dated.

What has worked best for you trying to find a potential partner?

no photo
Tue 02/19/13 07:49 PM
No need to get prettier, you look nice as is. I'm sure you'll do fine on here, especially if you hang out in the forums.

I will take one of them sammiches though... I hear you're quite the artist =)

no photo
Sun 01/27/13 05:59 PM

n/m, I fixed it! :D

drinker

no photo
Thu 01/24/13 11:58 AM
Have you tried using the AC adapter plugged into the DC input? That would bypass the battery compartment altogether and at least let you know if your camera is working or not.

Here is the thread I found about batteries and your camera

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/13335-ist-dl-batteries.html

no photo
Thu 01/24/13 11:27 AM
Are you using alkalines or rechargeable NiMH batteries? I ask because I just did a little research online and a lot of people are saying alkalines don't provide enough power for that camera. Just a thought

no photo
Wed 01/23/13 11:17 PM
Thought I'd give you guys an update. I had wanted to quit drinking for quite a while and did a lot of research on the internet on the best way to do it for an everyday heavy drinker like I was. I just couldn't seem to be able to do it. If I went even four hours without a drink my hands would start shaking, I couldn't concentrate, your basic alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

I thought about asking my boss for a week or two off so I could detox but couldn't bring myself to do it, I mean, admit to your boss you're an alcoholic and need help? Well, instead, I just kept on drinking because I was physically dependent and my body needed it. Well guess what, my drinking cost me my job. That was the catalyst though to get me to get serious about quitting. I drank my last twelve pack the night they let me go.

I probably shouldn't have, but I quit cold turkey after drinking every day for four years. That was last week and withdrawal was a living nightmare. I couldn't sleep, my whole body would shake and tremble, and when I did sleep, I'd wake to having a seizure where my arms or legs would be flailing around. I did get some meds to help and have been taking vitamins like candy and this week I almost feel like my old self again.

I just got back from my second AA meeting. I do find them a bit strange but it's nice to be able to talk to people who have been through the same nightmare and have made it out

I want my life back

no photo
Fri 01/11/13 12:48 AM

I don't have any.. but these guys are some of my bestest friends.. does this count? (the bassist, lead singer & I are very close)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhST_19RKv4

here's one for the rockers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBzzB7lClhQ

and a last one showing a slightly different flavor..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fexNK9kfrbo

the lead singer of the above band.. is also the lead in THIS one (plus 3 others)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6x1lbPzq9I

I watched the first link. They're good. Nice leads and a blues/rock vibe.

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 08:12 PM
Anyone else have a YouTube to share? I like this thread

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 08:52 AM
How about the guys. What to you think about shy women?

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 08:49 AM

I've posted five times in this thread to run Acronis Drive Monitor and this will be the sixth. Don't ask for advise unless you're willing to take it

yes, but if it wont boot because simply he media is scratched or the usb isnt setup right that acronis wont be worth a hill of beans.
So let her find out via f12, and let her see if the cd is bad and let her test a known good bootable cd/dvd media.

The hard drive testing utility I mentioned is a Windows program. No need to create a cd or usb bootable media. It's a program you install once the computer is boot up

I know that. Read the before post it what she has that has failed to work thats not working . You cant install when its failed media , and acronis wont tell u that. so she wont need that. She needs to test know good bootable media via the forced boot menu. As said before she could just have a bad cd/dvd.
Anyways good luck lady try the forced boot menu on known good boot cd or maybe give that xp cd/dvd one more try. Remeber to hit f12 to enter the boot menu.
WEll it should get you to the boot menu.

She's trying to boot off of usb or cd to do a "filerepair" whatever that means. We haven't established yet if the hard drive is failing or not which is why I suggested running that program. The boot issue could be a bad cd drive

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 08:40 AM
Apparently you're the first on Mingle to own a Roku. Which version did you purchase?

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 08:26 AM

I've posted five times in this thread to run Acronis Drive Monitor and this will be the sixth. Don't ask for advise unless you're willing to take it

yes, but if it wont boot because simply he media is scratched or the usb isnt setup right that acronis wont be worth a hill of beans.
So let her find out via f12, and let her see if the cd is bad and let her test a known good bootable cd/dvd media.

The hard drive testing utility I mentioned is a Windows program. No need to create a cd or usb bootable media. It's a program you install once the computer is boot up

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 08:13 AM

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 03:08 AM
I would install the Acronis program. It's free and you can uninstall it afterwards. I just want to make sure your hard drive is not failing. It's one of the most common computer issues I come across, and could be what's slowing down your computer

no photo
Wed 01/09/13 11:40 PM
Shy girls, not a big deal. Actually most of them are married with kids, and living the American dream. I'm attracted to shy girls.

Shy guys on the other hand, that has to be the worst combination ever. Women want to feel protected and want the confident man. Shy guy doesn't cut it.

Women, what do you think about shy guys? Would you ever date one? Why or why not?

no photo
Wed 01/09/13 06:55 PM

It is a Zealz GK802 Quad Core Android Mini PC. Basically the most powerful device of it's kind for the price. It's under a hundred dollars and runs a full version of Android on you television which includes all the things Roku can do and a whole lot more and faster.

That's just me though and what I would purchase if I had the need for such a device which I don't. Roku's do what they do just fine, it's just they aren't nearly as powerful hardware wise as the GK802 I mentioned.

Roku's come with a remote control and the GK802 does not which is something to think about when purchasing. It does support USB or bluetooth input so you can plug a wireless USB or bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Not the most powerful for the price an Amiga stock has 14 min cores plus the cpu. Be it either true 16bit or true 32bit or true 64bit thats true 8bit.
so You can get a True 64bit a1200 keyboard size True beyond True HD . Which is better then the mac=pc true8bit graphics. for about 59.00.

granted still a great price for a pc

Ummm, that device costs like three hundred dollars when I looked on their website. We're talking about the sub hundred dollar range

no photo
Wed 01/09/13 06:49 PM

They're supposed to cough into their shoulder/arm.

Turn off's - Smacking when eating, poor hygiene, smokers, barhoppers, drinking to excess and attempts to control me.

Forgive my ignorance but what is smacking while eating?

Lip smacking, sorry, you know when they chew like a farm animal.

Okay, I get it now. That annoys me as well

no photo
Wed 01/09/13 06:39 PM

I did the memtest doesnt show problem with ram. Hm iwonder why windowsudenly run so slow.the games runing from dosprompt work much faster than those runing throug windows xp

Okay, so the ram test passed. Did you run the hard drive test program I suggested? Please do and report back with the results

no photo
Wed 01/09/13 06:36 PM
That's a really cool tattoo and a great way to make a positive out of a negative. Rock on!

no photo
Tue 01/08/13 02:04 PM

Thankyou for every ones help. Appreciate the effort. The hd iseto dma and chkdsk doesnt show problem on hd. Ram seem fine 2. Couldnt find viruses.ive run ccleaner so registry should be fine. I deactivated startuprogrms. Hm what else could cause a pc to sudenly runs slow?

Even if chkdsk doesn't find issues that doesn't mean the drive is not failing. The free program I linked to above is a small utility that checks the SMART parameters of the drive and gives you a disk health percentage based on them. I highly recommend running it

Another biggie that can cause slowdowns like you mention is your security software. Try uninstalling it and see if that makes a difference. If that does the trick then install a free antivirus called Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and doesn't slow your machine down

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 12 13