no photo
Sat 10/20/12 11:43 PM

I hope you're interested and I hope I don't **** it up..............

flowerforyou Don't do this to yourself.

Not sure what you mean Audrey. There's this girl who has a son who goes to my son's school. My son and her's are best friends. I see her in passing while picking up my son from school and I've grown fond of her. Last night my son went to her house for a sleepover and they went to a pumpkin patch today. My post was that I am hoping she might be interested because I am and that I don't **** it up cause I have a tendency to do just that

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 07:53 PM

well, I tried to look for the "soulmate" in many places you just name it bars, clubs, school, beach I mean every place except the north and south pole haha. anyway, I didn't find any, i just came here and this is my first profile in a dating website. but reading your post really makes me feel negative about this.

Don't get me wrong. I never said it couldn't work. It has for many couples. Just depends on your circumstances. It could very well work for you. I was just ranting about my personal experience with dating sites

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 07:48 PM
Edited by WithOrWithoutYou on Sat 10/20/12 07:55 PM
Icky Thump ~ The White Stripes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVLDs0PZ9uE&feature=related

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 09:34 AM
I'm single because my ex wife decided to try another man. She ditched him too

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 09:11 AM

Paying isn't going to guarantee anything.

Hookers are the exception here

You're looking for hookers on dating sites?

My point was that if you pay for a hooker it's pretty much guaranteed which goes against your statement that "Paying isn't going to guarantee anything". I've never met a prostitute before or enjoyed her services. I don't think dating sites would be the best way to hook up with one

I was discussing dating sites, which was the topic of this thread. That's what "paying isn't going to guarantee anything" was talking about.

I do agree. eHarmony or Match.com require you to pay but it's the same song and dance. You get the same results from mingle2, pof, and okcupid............... they're free and don't profit from your failure

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 08:52 AM

You're looking for hookers on dating sites?

My point was that if you pay for a hooker it's pretty much guaranteed which goes against your statement that "Paying isn't going to guarantee anything". I've never met a prostitute before or enjoyed her services. I don't think dating sites would be the best way to hook up with one

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 08:38 AM

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 08:20 AM

i hate to say this on this (mostly) free site but,,,,, the dating sites that you must pay for actually gives you waaaayyy more chances of finding the right one, plus scammers and trolls dont,wont and usually cant pay for it.

That may be true but any dating site, free or not, still needs an active local user base and where I live, no one seems to use any of them. eHarmony might match me up with the perfect women for me, but if she lives on the other side of the globe it doesn't do me much good

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 01:11 AM
I hope you're interested and I hope I don't **** it up..............

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 12:58 AM

This is just another way to meet people. I think some rely on it as being the only way to meet people, though, which I wouldn't do. Get out and enjoy life. Meet people in person as well. Just use this kind of site as an additional way to meet them.

I know this site probably won't pair me up with my ideal partner and I'm long past that. I do find myself coming back for the interesting topics and to put my two cents in from time to time. The internet did assist in me finding a gal on MySpace when it was all the rage and we were together for a year so I know it can work. In person is definitely best

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 12:50 AM

I've been on a few dating websites with absolutely no results unfortunately for me. I know for some of you, you have met your sweetheart this way and I applaud you for that. It just doesn't seem to work for me though. No one in my general area I live in seems to use these sites. I do get plenty of Russian and Nigerian emails but something just doesn't seem right about them. I'd love to love someone but it seems I've been there and done that and maybe love won't come back my way again. I leave open the possibility but life seems to want to **** you over. Am I alone in my assessment?

I think we are soulmates, inasmuch as your experience parallels mine, but I learned to give up on trying to find love, and keep the Internet, while others and many others as well give up the internet and keep on trying to find love.

I have neither of the best of both worlds.

The internet is a decent substitute but love would be ideal

no photo
Sat 10/20/12 12:47 AM

Think of it as social networking rather than dating.

Would you walk into a crowded room, stand on a chair, and yell "this doesn't work for me"?

I do see it that way. I've actually been on this site for years and decided to start fresh with a new profile. I enjoy Mingle as a social site and a way to connect with people even if I'll probably never meet them. Cheap therapy....

no photo
Thu 10/18/12 03:17 PM
Jack White ~ Love Interruption

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iErNRBTPbEc&feature=relmfu

no photo
Thu 10/18/12 01:48 AM
I've been on a few dating websites with absolutely no results unfortunately for me. I know for some of you, you have met your sweetheart this way and I applaud you for that. It just doesn't seem to work for me though. No one in my general area I live in seems to use these sites. I do get plenty of Russian and Nigerian emails but something just doesn't seem right about them. I'd love to love someone but it seems I've been there and done that and maybe love won't come back my way again. I leave open the possibility but life seems to want to **** you over. Am I alone in my assessment?

1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next