Community > Posts By > michala

michala's photo
Tue 04/08/08 08:51 PM
CURRY!!! and some nan. I wish I had made sag paneer though or some gobi.

michala's photo
Mon 04/07/08 11:28 AM
orchids. I absolutely love orchids

michala's photo
Sun 04/06/08 09:05 PM
yes vino is italian for wine. it literally means from the vine.

michala's photo
Thu 04/03/08 07:24 PM
does quickly fixing the mistake you made count as hiding it, because if it does I've done all but #2

michala's photo
Thu 04/03/08 02:57 PM
soups and stews are one of the easiest things to make. just brown off your meat in a large stock pot, until a nice color is achieved. add the veggies and saute lightly so that they sweat a little and use that to help pull the dredge from the pot. then deglaze the pan completely with whatever you have on hand that would be a good flavor to you. I use red wine, the 2 buck chuck stuff. add some stock or in a pinch the instant french onion soup mix and let it cook out until the flavors are too your liking. god love soups. they are the easiest things and make the best meals!

michala's photo
Thu 04/03/08 01:02 PM
I was born in the 80's and I still had/done most of that stuff. I'm not sure if it is good or bad. that lead paint sure was fun to peel off the walls. heehee

michala's photo
Wed 04/02/08 03:44 PM
if you are feeding alot of people, I'd just use plain vanilla. you can always have toppings for them to choose from, but to keep a tighter budget and to make sure that everyone can enjoy the ice cream and almost no food aversions to the ice cream (sorry vegans) stick with the basics and allow your guest to vamp it up with what they like.

michala's photo
Wed 04/02/08 01:18 PM
this isn't a typical devil's food cake, but this is the one I use for my job, I'm a pastry chef. this comes out a lot more moist than traditional devil's food cakes and has the same flavor.

Chocolate mayo cake
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs
1 1/3 cup water
1 cup mayo

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour bottoms of 2- 9" round cake pans. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, soda & powder, set aside. In a large bowl with mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar & vanilla, scraping sides of bowl occasionally, for 3 minutes or until smooth & creamy. Reduce speed to low; beat in mayonnaise till well blended. Add flour mixture in 4 additions alternately with water, beginning & ending with flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on racks. Frost with a chocolate buttercream frosting and garnish with pecans.

michala's photo
Tue 04/01/08 12:22 AM
isn't it soo much fun to never fall asleep. god love insomnia. grumble

michala's photo
Mon 03/31/08 11:58 PM
I'm sorry that it lands on the 1st, but happy birthday anyway! have some drinks meet some people and have fun!

michala's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:42 PM
we should start our own club.
it might be fun.

michala's photo
Mon 03/31/08 09:17 PM
at work on friday. dear god that was fun.

michala's photo
Mon 03/31/08 07:46 AM
don't listen to them, I liked it.

michala's photo
Sun 03/30/08 10:05 PM
this club will hopefully be closed in 3 weeks.

I've had this song as my ringtone for almos a year and I am still not sick of it.

michala's photo
Sun 03/30/08 08:36 PM
I use glasses cleaner or saline solution on a rag for my cds when they get smudgy. it might work on the coke.

michala's photo
Sun 03/30/08 08:14 PM
ask what their name is, I always do in the fist conversation.

michala's photo
Sun 03/30/08 06:03 PM
I have only had one pick up line work and that was because I had no idea what he was sayng to me. and we started an actual conversation mthere. If I were you I'd stay clear of the pick up lines, you seem nice enough. just say "hi, my name is _____. what is your name?"

michala's photo
Sat 03/29/08 01:11 PM
a statement said by a valley girl.

michala's photo
Sat 03/29/08 12:40 PM
but you don't have ANY information. my rule of thumb is if they don't have a picture and at least some info I won't even give them the time of day. its creepy if there is nothing. people are already feeling a bit more vulnerable on here than in the physical world. give 'em a little info

michala's photo
Sat 03/29/08 12:22 PM
no idea. I keep getting rid of 'em if I don't talk to 'em. so I've got 2.