Community > Posts By > michala

michala's photo
Sat 03/29/08 12:22 PM
no idea. I keep getting rid of 'em if I don't talk to 'em. so I've got 2.

michala's photo
Sat 03/29/08 11:24 AM
I've heard the birds, but I haven't seen 'em yet. I saw a family of deer on my way out of work yesterday though.

michala's photo
Sat 03/29/08 10:22 AM
I know the feeling. this is the first weekend I've had off in over 4 months and I even got to go home early yesterday. too nice of weather too have many guests at a restaurant. lol.

michala's photo
Fri 03/28/08 10:55 PM
yeah, um. I still have and use a walkman.

michala's photo
Fri 03/28/08 08:20 PM

I'm guessing your grandma's recipe is a ricotta cheesecake, if you can't get t from her I have a recipe for it too. I picked it up on my stage in Florence.

Very good! Im suprised you knew that, most people never think about that type of cheesecake. With all the "normal" cheesecakes now days you cant find a good one anymore. Its not so much what is in it but how she does it. And she has been dead for a long time so getting it from her would be a little rough.

ahhh I can see your dilema. even if my recipe were pretty similar to your grandma's it won't be the same. if you do want it though I can post it here as well.

michala's photo
Fri 03/28/08 08:16 PM
it could be a few things. 1 your oven was set too high 2 they were baked to long 3 not enough fat included in the recipe either butter, peanut butter, or oil, or 4 you could have worked the dough a ittle too much, some cookie batters react like bread doughs and too uch gluten can develop in them making them tough, dry and crumbly.

michala's photo
Thu 03/27/08 08:41 PM
picked apart by whom?

michala's photo
Wed 03/26/08 10:36 PM
I met someone fro this site and fell in like.

michala's photo
Wed 03/26/08 09:55 PM
confidence, sense of self and the all time favorite.... his eyes

michala's photo
Wed 03/26/08 03:01 PM
if its had time to dry a bit. don't think its gonna come up, next time as soon as you see it wipe it up, and when you dye your hair eep a bad towel with you with one end of it damp to mop up loose dye. (thats what I do)

michala's photo
Wed 03/26/08 12:28 PM
I'm guessing your grandma's recipe is a ricotta cheesecake, if you can't get t from her I have a recipe for it too. I picked it up on my stage in Florence.

michala's photo
Wed 03/26/08 12:24 PM
Italy is gorgeous and wonderful for school. I just came back from Apicius there, great chefs to learn from and I had my stage under a 2 star Michelin Chef. Plus you can't beat the travel, I hit 13 cities, in 10 weeks.

michala's photo
Tue 03/25/08 08:55 AM
depends on what I'm making, but I've been heavy on the chinese 5-spice lately. I love anise.

michala's photo
Tue 03/25/08 08:53 AM
its Chicago style, not New York, but here's the recipe I make at work. (I'm a pastry chef)

filling:
2 lbs cream cheese
8 oz sugar
4 eggs
1 t vanilla
lemon juice to taste

crust:
Graham crahcker crumbs, finely ground
butter, melted

prepare your crust by ading melted butter to crumbs until just moist and a mealy crst forms.

cream your cream cheese and sugar together and then add the eggs one at a time until well combined and batter is smooth. add the vanilla and the lemon juice and mix again. add any variations at this point, unless you are only wanting to decorate the top of the cheesecake with the flavoring.

spray a springform pan with pam and then line the bottom with the crust mixture, be sure to firmly pack it on the bottom of the pan. add your batter on top and decorate as desired before placing in a 225F degree oven with a water bath beneath it. 2-3 hours (times vary depending on type and age of oen) or untl center des not jiggle.

let cool at room temp. if you wrap it ater cooling and keep it stored in the fridge it can last about a week before it takes on the smell of the cooler.

enjoy and have fun

michala's photo
Tue 03/25/08 08:42 AM
I had nver even heard of that. I have mint, thyme and basil growing year-round. does that count?

michala's photo
Mon 03/24/08 05:56 PM
I've been turquoise, purple, pink and fire engine red. but now I work for a company that says you can't have any "un-natural hair colors" so I had to go back to my original red. I kinda miss the ability to change something on a whim in a drastic way.

michala's photo
Sun 03/23/08 09:53 PM
I' gonna go with an obvious suggestion: milk. do you have any on hand or are you out of that too?

and I thought I was alone in drinking coffee this ate at night. good to know there are others who do the same.

michala's photo
Sun 03/23/08 02:02 PM
I'd wait until monday. That way you can chat about how the rest of your weekend was and maybe set something up like coffee later in the week.

michala's photo
Sat 03/22/08 11:40 PM
Really? A Cab.? I'd go with Chablis, crisp enough to cut through the cheese, but full and round enough to match the protein.

michala's photo
Fri 03/21/08 07:14 PM
In order to give ou some recipe ideas. you need to speify what type of restaurant you are opening. Style? FSR? QSR? what type of FCP are you wanting? at least give us an idea of what you are looking for, please.

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next