Community > Posts By > michala

michala's photo
Thu 08/07/08 05:09 PM
I don't know the only time I had ay problem with bands bleeding into one another was at the end of Sunday. I was at NIN and everytime Trent went quit to talk to the audience and share where he was in his life and the backstory to songs we heard freaking kanye west blasting through. Girl Talk was good. Mark Ronson was phenominal. both shows of Perry Ferral and Slash were good, althougvh thye one at kidsapalooza didn't have any technical difficulties so it was automatically better. Flogginf Molly was great, bloc party was good. I had no problems seeing any body.

michala's photo
Thu 08/07/08 03:13 PM
I was finally able to go again. I loved it. So much better in Grant Park than when it made the come back in 2004 at Tweeter Center.

michala's photo
Wed 07/30/08 10:15 PM
yes. they are called m&m's. happy

michala's photo
Wed 07/16/08 10:27 PM

Upon careful reading, he WANTS the woman who can sue him for child support because thats what the new woman can do that the one he's breaking up with can't!

exatly. if he goes with the one who is already pregnant he can't be sued. If he goes for the other he's paying. it's okay we all have our blonde moments.

michala's photo
Tue 07/01/08 10:20 PM
not a vegan personally, but three of my good friends are. I usually just convert whatever it is that they want into vegan creations, not all are winners, but tofu and seitan are wonderful things. have you tried tuno yet? I want to, but I can't seem to find it.

michala's photo
Thu 06/26/08 05:10 PM
I love Carlin's humor. comedy died with him.

michala's photo
Wed 06/18/08 09:29 PM
cougars games are pretty cheap. I haven't been in a long while, but I remember they were fun.

michala's photo
Mon 06/16/08 12:33 AM

People that always use caps lock (Unless it's meant to be yelling) and people that use letters and numbers such as "u,""2," and "r" as a replacement for their respective words. Just because it's the internet isn't an excuse to totally neglect grammatical rules.

thats a good one.

people who will only text to you instead of having an actual conversation

michala's photo
Mon 06/16/08 12:32 AM
no one to blame for putting things in the wrong place. :smile: no one to do laundry with. and the bed seems awfully big all by yourself

michala's photo
Sat 06/14/08 08:19 AM

how could you beat it and what kind of acid would you use like what i am asking is what would the procedure involve?

hit your raw squid with a wooden spoon for a few minutes. not hard enough to turn to a gooey mess, but just enough to soften. and then lemon juice or vinegar work well. I learned this on octopus, it works the same on the squid. during my stage in florence.

michala's photo
Fri 06/13/08 11:03 PM

do you miss right now?

I miss one....:cry:

my dads. fathers day sucks

michala's photo
Fri 06/13/08 11:02 PM
rice pudding is a sweet dessert I wouldn't suggest having as a side dish

michala's photo
Fri 06/13/08 11:01 PM
your squid wouild be softer if you beat it before cooking it and steamed it with an acid instead of boiling it.

michala's photo
Fri 06/13/08 11:00 PM
work hard, from the ground up. I started as expo, went through wait staff, changed jobs and started as prep, then cold line cook to get here. and read a ton. any and every recipe. write down all ideas. work on your plate-ups. its that simple. hahaha

michala's photo
Thu 06/12/08 03:29 PM
no problem. if you ever have any dessert questions feel free to ask me. I'm a pastry chef.

michala's photo
Wed 06/11/08 10:55 PM
basic pie dough recipe. I prefer meally dough to flakey, but to each their own. and if you aren't going to phone it in and use canned filling. wash, peel, and slice you peaches. put them in a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan with melted butter and brown sugar. allow to cook and reduce until soft and then throw a little lemon juice in. the acid will help the peaches from cooking too much farther. all to cool before utting the filling into your shell and then top with either your top crust or a crumble topping and bake to perfection. easy as pie. hee hee sorry I couldn't resist the pun

michala's photo
Wed 06/11/08 10:49 PM
cedar lank style gives it great flavor. just remember to soak your boards before you use 'em or you'll go up in smoke. :smile:

michala's photo
Wed 06/11/08 10:46 PM
I've met AB twice. once I was able to cook with him. yay! he's really down to earth and funny as all hel1. last time I saw him he during the Q&A he said he believed Mario Batali to be the best American chef there is currently and that he is one of the worlds best. thats the reason he would say he couldnt beat him in a cook-off.

michala's photo
Wed 06/11/08 01:26 PM
so I shouldn't be telling people my age. hmmm.

michala's photo
Tue 06/10/08 10:26 PM
then they can't track where they came from, they are taking extra precations over the samonella outbreak, their stocks were in fact contaminated. or they are afriad the killer tomaotes will attack.