I love that hymn too! bigsmile:banana:

Jesally's photo
Mon 08/06/12 11:54 AM
Congratulations Lpdon!:)

Jesally's photo
Sun 08/05/12 11:20 AM
Edited by Jesally on Sun 08/05/12 11:21 AM

let Jesus be the man first ..He loves you and wants to be that man first
seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you
I have been there searching to fill that void only Jesus can and now with or with out a man I know WHO I am IN CHRIST ALONE
A man does not define me or fulfill that longing to be loved true joy ..a man of flesh will let us down..people fail
Gods love endures forver ..perfect love cast out all fear :)

Amen Faithfulpauline!

Welcome! flowerforyou

Jesally's photo
Sun 08/05/12 10:45 AM

I have been looking for mr right for a long time. God knows my heart and i hope if he directs anyone to this page that they will love me for me for when you truly love someone nothing else matters.

God will surely bless you with what you seek:)

Welcome!flowerforyou

Jesally's photo
Thu 08/02/12 06:55 AM

I wish to be loved by a true christian. I fell for my ex as a virgin and married him while a virgin but was taken advantage of, betrayed and now we're divorced with 2 kids with me but most men where i come from(Nigeria), find it difficult to marry me because i'm a single parent. I'm 30yrs and have been divorced for 7years and i'm truly looking for a God fearing man to show i & my kids luv & it doesn't matter where he comes from... I cry most times & feel lonely. WILL I EVER FIND HIM?

Hey Maimi82 Jesus is callin' out for you, He wants to give you rest. First listen to what He has to say, and His promises unto you will follow.:)

Matthew 11:28-29, Jesus says, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls".

Welcome! flowerforyou

Jesally's photo
Tue 07/31/12 12:04 AM

I used to be like that sometime back although not necessarily spending sleepless nights searching for a soulmate on the internet.

It's just that in my culture at my age I should be married with at least 5 kids. Almost all my friends are happily married and they always ask me when my turn will be. I'm a kind of person who's always busy at work to the extent that i fail to get time to interact with people, and i also still enjoy my single life. :)

There's been a lot of pressure from friends, family members, even church members for me to settle down. So many people would wonder why someone "so beautiful would still be single", never minded them though. Eventually when i opened up to dating & relationships, suprisingly guys that weren't my taste came my way, they didn't meet my expectations. So i devised another avenue to meet people & that was the internet. I wanted a dating site that had a component of Christianity in it 'coz I'm a staunch born again Christian and that's how i joined Mingle2.

I believe God is a match maker but we must also get involved in looking for our spouses.

As Christians, once we have decided that it is time to start looking for a spouse, we should begin the process with prayer. Committing ourselves to God’s will for our lives is the first step. Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart"

And we also have to trust in God with all our hearts for the right person. Proverbs 3:6 says "In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths".

I also believe God's timing is perfect and with faith and patience we will receive His promises. Proverbs 6:12 says, "so that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises".

Welcome once again Alicia! flowerforyou

Your right.You can't just sit back and wait for God to find your partner.Just like you can't sit back and wait for anything to happen.You have to be out there amongst it all.As I have posted before,God knows whats in your heart and he won't match you with someone who isn't going to be right for you.It isn't much fun waiting,but it will be worth the wait in the endhappy

Amen to that Scott!:)
You are right! It aint fun at all to wait for that special someone, i bet God's timing is the best.

Jesally's photo
Mon 07/30/12 12:23 AM
I attract men that are way too younger than me, and men that are way too older than me. This is rather so unfortunate for me lol.

Jesally's photo
Mon 07/30/12 12:16 AM

the eternal gifthappy

uhmmm Scott, your profile picture scared me a little lol.
bigsmile
Is that better? I suppose it does look a little scary.I was dressed up as a Gorilla to entertain the kids,but I never wore the mask because I they would still be having nightmares.I should of thought more about that pic

Much better!:)

Jesally's photo
Sun 07/29/12 02:32 PM
Welcome to Christian Mingle's forum guys!flowerforyou

Jesally's photo
Sun 07/29/12 02:24 PM

the eternal gifthappy

uhmmm Scott, your profile picture scared me a little lol.
bigsmile

Jesally's photo
Sat 07/28/12 04:16 PM

True! We ought to thank God always for a new day 'coz we don't know what tomorrow holds, only God knows.

Proverbs 27:1, "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring".

James 4:13-17, "Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin".

Welcome to Christian mingles' forum! flowerforyou

Jesally's photo
Sat 07/28/12 08:22 AM
Sorry to hear that, I will definitely pray for you Ladywind!:)
flowerforyouflowerforyou:heart::heart:flowerforyouflowerforyou

Jesally's photo
Fri 07/27/12 09:17 AM
Prayer is an important part of my life, sometimes i pray in words and other times in a song. In both good and bad times i commune with God. And yes, i do pray for a few needs in my life but it aint an everyday routine. Whenever my spirit is low and I'm troubled, i go into my prayer closet and pour out my heart to God, not only do i talk to God but i listen to what He has to say to me as well. Honestly after such a closeness with God i come out when I'm refreshed and good to go.:)

Some scriptures about prayer:

1 Corinthians 14:15, "What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also".

Psalm 95:2,"Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!"

Psalm 66:17, "I cried to him with my mouth, and high praise was on my tongue".

James 5:13-14, "Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord".

Thanks Oldhipie1952 for that post!flowerforyou

Jesally's photo
Sun 07/22/12 06:34 AM
Hey Honore, you gotta understand that people have different tastes & preferences. Some feel comfortable to find a mate who's within their reach not someone who comes from miles & miles away from them. I think distance is one of the major hinderances to finding a mate on most dating sites. But hey, keep your hopes high, you never know someone might want to cross boorders just for you, lol.

Welcome to the site!

Jesally's photo
Sat 07/21/12 02:56 PM
Edited by Jesally on Sat 07/21/12 02:58 PM
When i think of grace, God's undiserved favour towards mankind comes to mind.

Ephesians 2:4-9,
"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast".

As Christians we should attempt to spread the Love of Christ to others graciously through our speech, actions etc all for the glory of God.

Ephesians 4:29,
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

Jesally's photo
Thu 07/19/12 12:38 AM
Edited by Jesally on Thu 07/19/12 12:55 AM
[/qoute] I get weak at times, as i've contemplated suicide many times. But God comes right behind me and reminds me not to. That's one thing I'm struggling big time with right now. But I know it's a straight ticket to no where. It's only due to God I'm still here in multiple ways, the wreck and not taking my own life.

Not to sound like some lonely looser lol, but I find life without a woman seems pointless from time to time. I've never lived for myself, it's a hard thing to get used to and try to learn. Yes I know I'm not specifically living for myself, I'm living for God, but hope you get what I ment lol"

In due time, you will find that special woman when you least expect it. God can never go against His promises He made for His children, it's just the matter of being patient for a while.

Here are some scriptures that i thought might somehow lift your spirit.(I love the Psalms!)

Psalm 22:24;
For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one;he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

Psalm 27:4-5;
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

Psalm 55:22;
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you;he will never let the righteous fall.

Psalm 30:5
Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

I Love this one! Psalm 73:26;
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Now this is my favorite!:)
Isaiah 40:18-31
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

You will be fine CowboyGH!
I will certainly pray for you brother in Christ.flowerforyou

Jesally's photo
Wed 07/18/12 05:39 PM

God has given me life, a second chance to make life right. I was in a major car wreck a few years ago, broke my jaw in 5 places, 4 ribs, my pelvis, puncture a kidney and a liver, died for 40 minutes and was in a 4.5 month coma. I thank God every day for saving me and allowing me to continue on. God is never ending love, God is greater then words can explain. Through him all things are possible.

You are a living testimony CowboyGH,
Glory be to God!

Amen all the glory to God. When i was dead, the doctors said this may be the end of the line. When I was in my coma especially after so long, they said I may never come out of it and if I did I would more then likely be a vegetable. God proved them wrong on both occasions. All the glory is to God and no one or anything else.

I don't remember this first hand, but it's been told to me I had to relearn how to walk, talk, and everything all over again.

First thing I remember from all this was my fiance at the time waking me up and asking me all kinds of strange questions.

- How old I was
- What year it was
- And so forth.

I answered as honestly as I could, thought I was 16, and it was year 2004 or so. Come to find out I was 19 and it was 2007 lol. She said she had done that exact same thing a couple of times.

I truly don't care about the disabilities that I deal with now daily or anything like that. What bothers me and hurts me the worst is that I gave up all that for a woman that gladly looked at me and said it was over in the end. Won't go into to much detail bout that as it's off topic lol.

Romans 8:28,
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose".

No worries, He knows your name still.:smile:

Jesally's photo
Wed 07/18/12 05:04 PM

God has given me life, a second chance to make life right. I was in a major car wreck a few years ago, broke my jaw in 5 places, 4 ribs, my pelvis, puncture a kidney and a liver, died for 40 minutes and was in a 4.5 month coma. I thank God every day for saving me and allowing me to continue on. God is never ending love, God is greater then words can explain. Through him all things are possible.

You are a living testimony CowboyGH,
Glory be to God!

Jesally's photo
Wed 07/18/12 04:59 PM
For this year so far, God has smiled on me and He's still blessing me, He's really been so good to me.

There's this little girl who was born with a weird disease called gastrocolic fistula -a disease of digestive system. Besides that, she had a hole in her heart. She under went several surgeries at a tender age. She is 3 years old now however she still passes stools through her stomach. Her parents are peasant farmers so they couldn't afford surgery costs for their daughter's problem.

Alongside prayers, my workmates and i mobilised funds from well wishers, media, and different organistions so that this child could go for surgery abroad. God is just so amazing!, the little girl is in the UK now for treatment. I put my hope and trust in God for the surgery to be successful.

We serve an awesome God!

Jesally's photo
Tue 07/17/12 02:22 PM

No you didn't... you joined last year. :tongue:

Welcome to the forum. drinker

laughlaugh