Community > Posts By > Scinn

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/12/08 07:56 AM

the wiccans here protested the nativity scene on the courthouse lawn, and got a permit to set up a booth right next to them. they were shunned and heckled but i thought it was great! yeah, separation of church & state right, but the word "god" appears on every piece of currency we have. it's a losing battle, just keep your beliefs to yourself and try not to get to heated about it. if everybody did this the world would be a much nicer place flowerforyou

I believe in "to each their own", unless what they're doing directly affects me or my children in a negative way, who am I to judge? lol And that's awsome about the Coven(s) in your area! I would have loved to have seen the booth they created. I just find all religions facinating and love learning about their beliefs and ways of life...it's truely eye opening. :) The differences, and the similarities. flowerforyou

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/12/08 07:53 AM

You must be in the "Bible Belt". Also known as "Tornado Alley".drinker

lol I'm right on the GA/AL border...so yes..in the middle of the bible belt :P

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/12/08 07:43 AM
So...I have a question. No hidden meaning, no offence intended, just a general question of curiosity. In my city, you can't drive down the road 10 feet without seeing a billboard or other advertisement stating something like, "Got God?" or "Jesus is King!" or "What have you done for God today?" etc etc, you get the point lol The t.v. is flooded with advertisements for Life Time Christian music CDs and church advertisements, pastors preaching and daily morning programming with Pastor Nancy (I believe her name is). So my question is, how offended would you be if you were driving down the road and saw a huge billboard with a saying like, "Got Satan?" or "What have you done for Allah today?" or "Have you chosen the Buddist path?" In the land of America, let freedom ring, why is it that some things are acceptable and some things are not? Shouldn't it be equal and fair to advertise your religious beliefs in any way you see fit and that if one group of practicers can do it through billboards and tv commercial advertisements, why can't another for fear of persecution?

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/12/08 07:26 AM
Sounds like he's still hung up on her and having a hard time letting go...which would mean he's not quite ready for a new relationship. Just talk to him about it, try to be as up front and honest as you can as to how it makes you feel and let him know that you want him to be honest as well: is he ready for a relationship with you or does he need more time?

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/12/08 07:24 AM

Get the java and get back here to play!!! drinker drinker drinker

Already done drinker drinker

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/12/08 07:13 AM

flowerforyou Morning Scinndrinker drinker drinker here have some coffee!

aah thank you dear! I hadn't even gotten that far yet laugh

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/12/08 07:12 AM
I'll know better once I've woken up more lol Right now, I just know it's morning grumble

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 09:07 PM

I'm outties, it''s late and I'm gunna curl up on the phone with Gamma till I pass out lmao

Nighty nite!! yawn
yawn flowerforyou goodnightflowerforyou yawn

goodnight mirror dear! *hugs* flowerforyou

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 09:06 PM
I'm outties, it''s late and I'm gunna curl up on the phone with Gamma till I pass out lmao

Nighty nite!! yawn

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 08:22 PM
nite nite :)

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 07:41 PM

dude thats one tuff futher muckin ride

i especially like the basket on it..

hehe I got that one for him happy

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 07:40 PM
heya darling *glomp hugs 'n' smooched smooched smooched smooched smooched *

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 06:52 PM
thank god no lol He never "got into that sort of thing" *rolls her eyes*

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 06:50 PM
none at all :smile:

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 06:48 PM
Edited by Scinn on Wed 06/11/08 06:48 PM

kids took self defense classes? What about your sig. other?

I force my kids to take them, though actually, they love it. Soon as my littlest is old enough he's taking them too. In this day and age, all kids (boys and girls) need to know how to defend themself and have the confidence to stand up to an adult that would try to harm them. I told mine, they can't quit until they have a blackbelt. After that, it's up to them...but they will at least get that.

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 12:23 PM
lol I know entirely too many area codes all over the US :tongue:

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 12:16 PM
lol i have free LD anywhere in the US...just can't call canada grumble

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 09:54 AM
Edited by Scinn on Wed 06/11/08 09:56 AM
Ok wow...lots of posts to read through lol

I personally always thought that the best way to a long term, committed relationship was through all the hoops. Hoop 1 being a friendship the "get to know you" hoop. Hoop 2 being the "I really like hanging out with you and spending time with you and would like to do more of it on a one on one basis rather than with all our other friends." Hoop 3 is "let's take it a step further and make this more serious, I could see a future with you." And Hoop 4 is all the bells and whistles..the engagement and wedding and planning a life together. I don't really see how you can skip the hoops, I suppose hoops one and two could be combined, but even then you're still at the "getting to know you" stage. I'm a firm believer in starting at hoop 1 and working my way through. You get more time to know the person and make sure that it's exactly what you want before you just keep blindly jumping. So for me, I don't like the casual thing but I'm not "looking" for a committed thing. All good things in due time.

As to the sex aspect of things: I don't believe in just jumping into bed with someone. But then, I don't like casual sex. If it doesn't mean anything...what's the point? Just to get your jollies for a couple hours? noway There's got to be a connection on an emotional level for me, and that generally means love and seeing something further down the road than just a fork where he goes his way and I go mine.

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 07:30 AM

Dollar coins are cool but not really useful in the day to day....

I saw the other day a five dolar bill that had the five printed in purple? Well, all I can say is that with my bank card, I rarely have cash or use for it. I miss out on the times, if not for this thread I'd never have known about the coin.

I think I might mistake a dollar coin for a bridge token, based on color. :wink:

MBD..... it is so nice to know I'm not the only persnickety poster around!laugh [poster that wanted your thread moved..... I had a day like that myself!}

I didn't say I wanted it moved. >.< It was just an observation, I never once said it *should* be moved or that I *wanted* it moved...all I said was that this seemed more of a religious thing with a "lol" thrown in there, but I didn't jump on him and say something like "omg. How could you post this here, I'm so reporting it move it NOW!" Was just trying to make a bit of a joke as threads lately seem to be moved all over the place and figured this one would end up the same.

Scinn's photo
Wed 06/11/08 07:09 AM
Edited by Scinn on Wed 06/11/08 07:10 AM

mm..this should probably be in the religious thread lol But...well, me personally...I don't see why it's a big enough deal to warrent needing to refuse the coin? Personally, I'm kinda glad they're coming out with new stuff that isn't so blatently one-sided on the religious aspect and actually showing a true America that includes everyone...not just people of a certain faith. But that's just my own little personal opinion :) To each their own :wink:

The only thing that pisses me off about your post is the fact that you took the time to evaluate where this damn thread needed to be placed. Geez dude

I'm a chick, and that was just the first thing that popped out at me? Didn't put any thought into it or evaluate it...was just an observation? I'll remove it as it offended you though. Certainly wasn't my intention.

There. Fixed.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25