Community > Posts By > JustDukkyMkII

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Thu 10/31/13 12:14 AM

Kinda explains why the religious right is seen as a terrorist organization in some circles.

Same interviewer (unfortunately), but this is a much better interview (so far at least...once again, I haven't seen the whole thing yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OHuwwni8ts

She is so ill informed about Comet Ison it causes me to be very skeptical about some of her ideas.

Never trust, believe, or follow ANYONE...Learn for yourself (do your own due diligence) and hold fast to that which you find true. Once you have learned enough to protect yourself, get out there and make the world a better place. Be as tenacious as a pitbull and prepare to love your enemies to death. If you fight, you'll lose every time, but if you have only love in your heart, no force in Heaven, or on Earth can stand against you.

That may sound naive and stupid to most battle-scarred survivors of the fight for human rights and freedoms, but it is simply true. Learn the wisdom of the computer in "War Games"..."The only way to win is not to fight."

Just remember not to get mad & flip over the moneylender's tables...Sooner or later, they'll get you for that.

Never put your faith in ANYONE but yourself...Golden idols get tarnished all the time. I like Karen not so much because of what she claims, but because what she claims agrees with the basics of what I've learned, because she makes a good ally, and because her essential message of hope is exactly the same as mine...We can end Hell on Earth in a heartbeat, if we all do our part...If we don't, it is unlikely the human race can be saved, even by "Golden Idols" like Karen.

I've known for years that underneath the veil of wars, murder, lies & deceipt of fictional corporate tyranny, the REAL planet earth was a free republic under the rule of law (not men or corporations). I used to blog about 7 years ago that there would come a day when the entire human race would stand up and thunderously cry as with a single, Godlike voice...ENOUGH!!!

Maybe it's my tinnitus acting up, but that word keeps ringing in my ears like your Liberty Bell. I think today is the day.

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 06:33 PM
Edited by JustDukkyMkII on Wed 10/30/13 06:34 PM

Kinda explains why the religious right is seen as a terrorist organization in some circles.

Same interviewer (unfortunately), but this is a much better interview (so far at least...once again, I haven't seen the whole thing yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OHuwwni8ts

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 06:09 PM
Edited by JustDukkyMkII on Wed 10/30/13 06:13 PM
I wasn't originally gonna make a full topic of it, but since you did, I'll contribute what I posted on another thread on Tue 10/29/13 03:37 AM
:

http://mingle2.com/topic/374531

(see the addendum)

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 05:37 PM
Edited by JustDukkyMkII on Wed 10/30/13 06:03 PM

Speaking of the Pope.

Are you aware that in July the Pope issued an Apostolic Letter that effectively strips away the Immunity of all Judges, Attorneys, Government Officials and all entities established under the Roman Curia? [hint, all corporations are established under the Roman Curia].

The United States is a corporation as we all know and as such was established under Roman Curia.

Every last one of them can now be prosecuted.

I'm VERY well aware of that...I'm also aware that, in a HIGHLY unusual move, the Jesuit General SPOKE and publicly backed the pope, directing severe criticism also at the US. As you might know, the Jesuits & SMOM have been playing "Satan" for a long time now...I guess everyone's agreed that "judgment Day" is coming up fast.

You might want to listen to what this lady has to say.:

http://deusnexus.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/karen-hudes-update-oct-25/

I like her...She knws the score, and she is a perfect example of what ONE person can accomplish to straighten out the mess we've gotten ourselves into.

Just imagine what we could do if WE ALL GOT TOGETHER...We'd be utterly invincible!!

ADDENDUM: I should have watched the whole interview before I posted!...Karen's great...unfortunately some of the people interviewing her sometimes leave something to be desired.

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 05:17 PM

If you think it's bad now, just wait...Reactor 4's rods are essentially uninsulated and unstable, subject to any vibration...All it takes is a shaking sufficient to make a couple of those fuel rods bang together to start a criticality fission reaction that will bathe the planet in ten time the radiation already released.
North America has already been bathed in enough radioactive contamination to significantly shorten the average lifespan of the average North American. The younger you are, the shorter your life will be on average. I'm guessing that right now, young children in North America can expect to live to be about 60 (on average) thanks to what Fukushima has already done. (We won't really know until about 40 years have elapsed whether or not I'm right).

I can say this much though...If reactor 4 gets shaken enough, the resulting criticality will bathe the planet in TEN TIMES the total radiation already released from Fukushima. At that point, I'm guessing it'll be pretty much over for North America and much of the world, as the average lifespan of a child in N.A. will probably drop to about 40!...maybe even less.

BTW...in the last couple of weeks, there have been two earthquakes by Fukushima...I think they were both over 7 on the Richter scale (I know one was...I'm afraid to check on the other one)...If those rods didn't already bang together, we are very, very, lucky!

I love it when I read such statements that misrepresent how nuclear power production works.

/sarc

There hasn't been any properly working power production out of Fukushima since the meltdowns, so what am I misrepresenting?...Tell me; I'd love to know.

It takes more that a couple of fuel rods banging together (as if they could bang together) for a nuclear reactor to have a sustained nuclear reaction.

I will admit that it has been awhile since my training at an active nuclear reactor. Yet, the principles of nuclear power production haven't changed, because nuclear physics haven't changed.

What I said about the danger of criticality at unit 4 stands.

I don't think you are familiar enough with the disaster or with unit 4 to see the very real hazards. To acquaint you with the hazards of nuclear power gone awry, I'm providing you with a series of links regarding both Chernobyl and Fukushima, and reminding you that fukushima is already an order of magnitude worse than chernobyl ever was, even without the additional "contribution" of the rods in unit 4 (which will make it probably ten times worse than it already is, which would then be 100 times worse than Chernobyl.)

http://akiomatsumura.com/fukushima-one-year-later-focus-on-reactor-4

http://enenews.com/yale-professor-fukushima-unit-4-pool-in-perilous-condition-all-of-humanity-will-be-threatened-for-thousands-of-years-if-not-able-to-be-kept-cool-danger-of-it-collapsing-in-storm-or-during-a

http://americablog.com/2013/10/fukushima-update-three-reactor-cores-melted-earth-accident-tepco-still-charge.html

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/10/25/73-magnitude-earthquake-hits-japan/
(I think we dodged a bullet!)

http://enenews.com/gundersen-deformities-stillbirths-kept-secret-after-fukushima-officials-not-being-honest-with-public-about-health-effects-govt-suppressing-studies-on-deformities-in-animals-audio

http://enenews.com/asahi-unexpectedly-high-number-of-thyroid-cancers-in-fukushima-children-experts-premature-to-say-fukushima-nuclear-disaster-played-no-role

http://enenews.com/asahi-unexpectedly-high-number-of-thyroid-cancers-in-fukushima-children-experts-premature-to-say-fukushima-nuclear-disaster-played-no-role

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VffZ2sSZ30M
(Chernobyl kids)

http://climatechange.umaine.edu/icecores/IceCore/Radioactivity.html

In the last URL, check the South Pole Ice Cores to compare Chernobyl with most of the nuclear tests (and remember that Chernobyl is farther away from Antarctica than where the Chinese test of 1964 was held.

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 04:00 PM
Edited by JustDukkyMkII on Wed 10/30/13 04:20 PM

Some time ago there used to be private banks but I have not seen any around for a long time. All banks are connected and federally insured etc. and they all require identification, SS numbers etc as per the "Patriot Act" with the excuse that they are trying to monitor money to prevent money being funneled to "terrorists."

Its a bunch of crap propaganda. They simply want a paper trail for all transactions.

Here is what really annoyed me this year. The Colorado State Fair forbid the exchange of cash inside the fair grounds and if you wanted to spend money or purchase anything you had to purchase tickets or credits or something. They did this to insure that they can keep track of all transactions and get their tax cut.

I can see this sort of thing happening in the near future. The government hates cash transactions and a person can even get arrested for having a large amount of cash on him even if it is his money and even if he can prove where he acquired it. He is a suspect.

Suspected of "dealing drugs" or some other unregulated commerce. They simply want their cut (tax) of every transaction.

They have made it difficult if not impossible (and expensive) for a person to do day to day business transactions by paying with cash.

We all have to protect ourselves...I've been studying law for ages and know what to say when one of the corporate bullies approaches me...In fact I have a "fee schedule" for my "services on file with the country, so they know damn well what I charge for torts committed against me...They leave me totally alone (They don't much care abot ducks to begin with, but just in case somebody wants to turn me into Duck l'orange, one look at my menu style fee schedule tends to spoil their appetite.

See, one little "chink" in their "armor" is that I'm NOT a BAR lawyer and can do what lawyers are prevented from doing by their BAR oaths. Another big "chink" is to reverse their process on them. Rather than make a statement of claim that I have to prove in court (which is very often impossible), If I feel wronged, I send a bill for it, and leave it to them to argue & dispute the charges...THEY have to prove THEIR claim of "innocence"...since they usually can't, I wind up with them TACITLY AGREEING that they owe me a pile of money, and if they don't pay, I can just go to a judge and get a court order to pay...and if they don't do it then, I can go back with the sheriffs and start seizing property.

A guy in Florida did that last year with the Bank of America...they wouldn't pay, even with the court order, so he went down and started loading up the filing cabinets...As soon as he did that, the manager came running out with a check for the full amount and pleaded with him to unload the stuff.

You asked what an individual can do in the face of all this tyranny...The answer is PLENTY...Believe me, once they know you are not a force to be trifled with, they will stop bothering you and give you a WIDE berth!

Not for nothing do I belong to The F.R.E.E. Society�!

I'm a citizen of planet earth, a resident of planet earth and I'm domiciled on planet earth (it's my domicile of choice)...What that means is that I'm in the universal jurisdiction of natural law (Jus Naturale), so I'm not subject to ANY of the legalese garbage they've written down & called "law"...I'm not even subject to common law...only to the pure, compassionate reason of natural law. If they want to adjudicate in court, I won't attorn to any puny state, provincial, or federal court (I don't have to unless I've committed a bona fide crime of harm...(like the fraud they've foisted on everyone.) Their court MUST attorn to mine if they want to adjudicate at all!

Basiclly, I'm in the same jurisdiction as the man in the Pope suit! (but NOT the Pope...that's just a corporation (sole)...his office.)

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 03:39 PM
Edited by JustDukkyMkII on Wed 10/30/13 03:44 PM

I don't go for all the blather but I do think some of the fanatics on both sides of issues do more harm to our country and political system than good.

Shutting down the government makes us look like we are a country run by idiots and incompetents that can't make decisions but can use bully tactics to get what they want.

Will Obama care solve all our health care problems? Probably not but instead of the hysteria why can't someone come up with a program where all citizens who practice basic good health practices are rewarded and our health care industry doesn't get outsourced. I see more malpractice prevention being done than cleaning up our service delivery. We have the technological ability to put consumer back into place over patient and delete the massive fraud that is going on in health care but nothing changes. No we can't afford Cadillac care and sustaining addicts or gargantuan profits to medical and research black holes or bloated investment funds but we could clean up the cost of health care and actually afford it. Even restore the public faith in using rather than abusing the system. and keep the medical professionals from jumping shores and practicing where they treated better.

All the recent military lay offs and government shutdowns have done is make many of the working Americans do is consider taking their skills elsewhere. They see no loyalty to them by their employers or the citizenry. They know they are living in a world economy and the numbers of them will be abandoning the job market here should make everybody nervous.

Home ownership has become a joke as non-citizen and corporate buyers have squeezed all but the wealthy out of the market. Renting is not even remotely secure housing and looking more and more like slums. While pushing seniors to the street in homelessness may become the new acceptable euthanasia the families that resist will find ways to make it work and add to the problem if we continue to make it fruitless to save and plan for the future by disallowing anything but full time employment, mass transit, and shared housing. Don't even get me started on the lousy education and fraud there.

The USA and some of it's allies need to wakeup and take some personal responsibility for the mess they are in and stop letting the few ultra wealthy live like Kings and the rest of the people live like slaves. We need to stop pouring money into propping up dictators and drug kingpins and treat people with respect here and abroad.

Sure we can distract ourselves with idiot debates on birth certificates, and lying about what is an isn't be voted for or if it was a rigged deal or actually work for some reform and try some new ideas.

What most of us are bitching about is you have two prospects, not choices and I say that because the biggest difference between the democrat and republican parties is the spelling. If you cast a vote for either member you voting for the same BS that we already have and most of the most of us bitching are trying to wake people up to 3rd party choices.

What surprises me is that it took you guys so long to learn about the right/left puppet show. IMO, what you should do is run fully independent, non-partisan candidates of the constituency's choosing in every constuency, then vote for the non-party people en mass.

There are many advantages to this, as there would be no "leadership" in the houses and people would vote their conscience and if there was any legislation proposed, it would probably be private member bills for the good of the people (instead of Lockheed, Monsanto, etc.etc.)...There would be no parties to bribe and the lobbies would have to get the agreement of (bribe) a majority of the reps (very uneconomical)...There are other advantages as well.

Perfect?...Not by a long shot, but only someone who spends his day drooling into his shoes would believe a party/partisan system would be better.

Problem...I don't think you'll make it to the next election to do that...You'll be a full-fledged Stalinist dictatorship by then...The people in power are anything but stupid, and seeing the wave of the future coming up fast, they'll know (as they already do) that they can't wait till the next election...It's time to step on the people NOW!...If you don't wanna get stepped on, it's time to start wearing beartraps on your heads!

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 03:28 PM

wonder why they didn't name it the CACA?pitchfork

They didn't want to get it confused with what the legislators who supported it were full of.

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 12:45 PM
Edited by JustDukkyMkII on Wed 10/30/13 12:47 PM

If you think it's bad now, just wait...Reactor 4's rods are essentially uninsulated and unstable, subject to any vibration...All it takes is a shaking sufficient to make a couple of those fuel rods bang together to start a criticality fission reaction that will bathe the planet in ten time the radiation already released.
North America has already been bathed in enough radioactive contamination to significantly shorten the average lifespan of the average North American. The younger you are, the shorter your life will be on average. I'm guessing that right now, young children in North America can expect to live to be about 60 (on average) thanks to what Fukushima has already done. (We won't really know until about 40 years have elapsed whether or not I'm right).

I can say this much though...If reactor 4 gets shaken enough, the resulting criticality will bathe the planet in TEN TIMES the total radiation already released from Fukushima. At that point, I'm guessing it'll be pretty much over for North America and much of the world, as the average lifespan of a child in N.A. will probably drop to about 40!...maybe even less.

BTW...in the last couple of weeks, there have been two earthquakes by Fukushima...I think they were both over 7 on the Richter scale (I know one was...I'm afraid to check on the other one)...If those rods didn't already bang together, we are very, very, lucky!

I love it when I read such statements that misrepresent how nuclear power production works.

/sarc

There hasn't been any properly working power production out of Fukushima since the meltdowns, so what am I misrepresenting?...Tell me; I'd love to know.

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 10:43 AM
Edited by JustDukkyMkII on Wed 10/30/13 10:46 AM

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 08:29 AM
If I were anyone in the US (or Canada) with an income over the poverty level, I'd be very worried!

The simple fact is that the moneyed elite has ALREADY pulled all their money OUT of the US and stuffed it into things like Cayman Island accounts where it can't be touched.

They are waiting for the massive stock crash, where the "well-to-do" ("regular investors" lIke pension funds & such, who either foolishly think Wall street represents a fair equity market, and/or can't just liquidate and blow town on a moment's notice), who have their investments on the market are going to lose everything.

At that point there will be a huge influx of buying at pennies on the dollar, and the banksters behind the major corporations will clean up and take absolute control of the country.

This could POSSIBLY be a good thing...After all, all banksters can't be bad...Maybe they're doing it for the benefit of the now-impoverished people to help them out. On the other hand, knowing the prevailing mindset of the average psychopathic bankster, I'm not too inclined to believe that.

I guess we'll have to wait and see eh?

Anyway, don't worry your little heads about it; I'm sure those brilliant accountants at the IMF have everything worked out well in advance...as the above report shows...The FEMA labour camps and privatized prisons are all ready and waiting to help the unemployed to prove they aren't just useless eaters and a waste of oxygen.

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 04:34 AM
Edited by JustDukkyMkII on Wed 10/30/13 04:38 AM

Oops...much bigger than I thought. Anybody know how to shrink it?

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 02:51 AM

Further to what an individual can do...

You should be aware that the thing they want most is your signature or verbal agreement. That's because they want access to your private estate and ONLY YOU can authorize it. So a good rule of thumb is to NEVER apply for or sign anything to do with the government. If you're already receiving pension, that's probably OK, because once they have sent you some cheques (about 3), you have a RIGHT to expect that to continue, so they can't simply cut you off.

The catch here is your bank account. If it's an interest-bearing "public" one, it probably belongs to "The People" and not you (Up here, it's "Her Majesty's" bank account). The best bet is to have a PRIVATE bank account which doesn't require a SSN number, and deposit the government cheques into that...even better, is to cash them and take the cash to a bullion dealer and buy silver coins & use those for trade.

The Fed will hate you for it. LMAO

Thanks. However I don't know of any private banks that don't require a SS number in my area. (I don't know if they even exist anymore in the U.S.) They are not interest bearing.

The checks are automatically deposited and a lot of my bills are paid electronically too, automatically.

In that case, you might want to consider switching to Bitcoin...a bankless peer-to-peer currency...look into it.

A checking account with an SSN attached to it isn't your checking account...it's theirs...That's how they can seize it without so much as a how do you do....Anybody can make deposits to anybody else's account, but only the real owners of an account can make withdrawals. Actually, it is sort of yours...They consider you a child and that they are your "mommy" and have let you open your very own bank account...but everybody knows Mommy really has control of the account and if you aren't really good, Mommy can tell the bank what "stupid" things you are not allowed to do with "your" account, or shut off the tap altogether if you aren't using it "right".

As far as your "bills" goes, In Canada, those in the know have noticed that bills are not in their name, but in "Her Majesty's" name for them (their "tax name")...turns out that one can prepay their bill and claw it back from Canada Revenue Agency at tax time if they know what they're doing (pay Her Majesty's Bill for her and get reimbursed)...The "A4V" process that I understand works in the US doesn't seem to work in Canada, but it shouldn't matter if you can get it all back at tax time. They rely on people not actually studying the statutes like the Income Tax Act...Believe it or not, if you understand the legalese, there is a lot of remedy in the statutes if you interpret them correctly (they can be interpreted in "orthodox" and "unorthodox" ways...who's to say which interpetation is "right"?...QUESTION EVERYTHING...and ASK THEM ABOUT EVERYTHING...pretty soon you will catch them stonewalling...That's when you know you're onto something!)...Listening to Creditors in Commerce can sometimes be a help, though I don't take everything they say as gospel (even though their interpretation is pretty much a correct one, it is only one interpretation)...You have to think for yourself if you really want to get anywhere.

In Canada, we've noticed that the only real bills we get are always in Her Majesty's "tax Name" (e.g. JOHN Q PUBLIC...when did you ever omit the period from your initial??)...Since the name is hers and not yours, she holds the liability for it. Until now you have BEEN the tax name (thus assuming its liability and owing its debt). What you (probably?) can do is act as the "authorized representative" FOR their name (thus NOT assuming the liability/debt and only "prepaying" it for them). This means at tax time, you should be doing the taxes FOR them and charging for the service of doing their taxes as a paid representative (like you're H&R Block kinda thing).

Anyway, most of your "bills" aren't really bills at all, but "statements." To the best of my knowledge you aren't required to pay by statement (it doesn't really ask anything of you...it only uses innuendo to imply that you have a debt...it's an ALLEGATION that a debt exists...nowhere will you find a real demand for payment, only the MEANS by which it must be paid.) Think of the language itself...when you make a statement, are you really asking for something?...non...you are just giving somebody information, not demanding anything...Where they get you is if you don't respond. There is a maxim in law that says "He who does not deny admits", so when they allege a debt exists, and you don't get back to them to validate the debt and confirm that it's you that owes, they get to "presume" that you owe the debt they are alleging and are trying to skip out of payment...Then they gotcha...you actually do owe them and you'd better pay up or else. I quit paying statements years ago, and "collection agencies are just a joke...they are third parties you definitely have no contract with, so if a collection agent calls, just tell him you pay all legitimate obligations, but you NEVER pay by statement...send a true BILL and you will pay promptly...They NEVER send the bill and quickly stop hounding you. (This can also protect you credit rating if you have a paper trail to show the credit rating agencies, because they will always try to destroy your credit rating with false allegations of debt...so include those agencies as part of your ongoing process...even a collection agency won't commit fraud if they know they'll get caught at it.

I don't usually recommend this stuff to people because until now, nobody believed me anyway, and a lot of people who tried it didn't know what they were doing and got into trouble (until you know how to refute unstated presumptions, and which ones to refute, you are asking to get "spanked." I usually tell the kids not to try this at home...but since you've asked, I figured "ah...what the hell!" LOL

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Wed 10/30/13 02:08 AM
Does this mean there might not be an Easter Bunny?

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Tue 10/29/13 09:41 PM
Further to what an individual can do...

You should be aware that the thing they want most is your signature or verbal agreement. That's because they want access to your private estate and ONLY YOU can authorize it. So a good rule of thumb is to NEVER apply for or sign anything to do with the government. If you're already receiving pension, that's probably OK, because once they have sent you some cheques (about 3), you have a RIGHT to expect that to continue, so they can't simply cut you off.

The catch here is your bank account. If it's an interest-bearing "public" one, it probably belongs to "The People" and not you (Up here, it's "Her Majesty's" bank account). The best bet is to have a PRIVATE bank account which doesn't require a SSN number, and deposit the government cheques into that...even better, is to cash them and take the cash to a bullion dealer and buy silver coins & use those for trade.

The Fed will hate you for it. LMAO

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Tue 10/29/13 09:18 PM

Lincoln was Americas first dictator.

I know...Unfortunately, he wouldn't be the last.

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Tue 10/29/13 09:03 PM

Ripped apart?whoa

Was it ever together in the first place?

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Tue 10/29/13 04:51 PM
Edited by JustDukkyMkII on Tue 10/29/13 04:52 PM
Sounds to me like ObummaCare denies people their freedom of choice. Myself, I can't think of a more sacred right than the right to self-determination (which relies on freedom of choice).

Anything that restricts or denies you freedom of choice is essentially legislation for slaves, not free men & women.

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Tue 10/29/13 04:47 PM

Your quote is an authors opinion, history dictates differently.

What an interesting straw-man.

From History.com:

"In the mid-19th century, while the United States was experiencing an era of tremendous growth, a fundamental economic difference existed between the country's northern and southern regions. While in the North, manufacturing and industry was well established, and agriculture was mostly limited to small-scale farms, the South's economy was based on a system of large-scale farming that depended on the labor of black slaves to grow certain crops, especially cotton and tobacco. Growing abolitionist sentiment in the North after the 1830s and northern opposition to slavery's extension into the new western territories led many southerners to fear that the existence of slavery in america--and thus the backbone of their economy--was in danger."

From Britannica.com:

"he secession of the Southern states (in chronological order, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, Tennessee, and North Carolina) in 1860–61 and the ensuing outbreak of armed hostilities were the culmination of decades of growing sectional friction over the related issues of slavery, trade and tariffs, and the doctrine of states’ rights. This friction arose out of fundamental differences between the economies of the Northern and Southern states.

The North had a growing manufacturing sector and small farms using free labour, while the South’s economy was based on large farms (plantations) using slave labour. In the 1840s and ’50s the Northern states wanted to prohibit slavery in the western territories that would eventually become new states. The Southern states opposed all efforts to block the expansion of slavery and feared that the North’s stance would eventually endanger existing slaveholdings in the South itself.

By the 1850s, some Northerners had begun calling for the complete abolition of slavery, while several Southern states threatened to secede from the Union as a means to protect their right to keep slaves. When Abraham Lincoln, the candidate of the antislavery Republican Party, was elected president in late 1860, the Southern states carried out their threat and seceded, organizing as the Confederate States of America."

From the National Park Service:

"Both sides were willing to sustain such punishment and keep fighting because the stakes were so great: nationality and freedom. If the Confederacy lost the war, it would cease to exist. And by 1863 or 1864, when emancipation of slaves and the abolition of slavery became a Northern war aim, the institution of African-American bondage that was a cornerstone of Southern society would also cease to exist. "This country without slave labor would be completely worthless," wrote a Mississippi soldier to his wife. "We can only live & exist by that species of labor: and hence I am willing to fight to the last." ...

... Most of the slave states seceded in 1861 not only because they feared the potential threat to the long-term survival of slavery posed by Lincoln's election, but also because they looked forward to the expansion of a dynamic, independent Confederacy into new territory by the acquisition of Cuba and perhaps more of Mexico and Central America."

From the History News Network:

"Slavery caused the American Civil War. Of course, it wasn't the only reason war came, and most soldiers, either Union or Confederate, fought for their own personal reasons, but slavery was ultimately behind the fundamental rift between the states.

Economically, slavery played a significant role in producing wealth in the Southern states. Unlike the Northern states, the Southern states were largely agricultural. They used millions of slaves for manual labor.

For the Northerners, it was a case of slave labor versus free labor. What would happened if “slave power” expanded its grip over the entire nation? They certainly didn't want to find out.

Examining the various acts that were passed before the war also demonstrates the link between slavery and the Civil War.

For example, the Compromise of 1850 consisted of a package of five bills. The most notable was the Fugitive Slave Act. This law required individuals, including judicial officials, to aid in capturing escaped slaves and return them to their owners. The 'escaped slave' could be a freedman, but it could rarely be determined because no court trial was needed.

Finally, when President Lincoln was elected, he took steps to abolish the practice of slavery from expanding in the territories. This was the last straw in the Southern states' drive to secession."

And the victor writes history, unfortunately in this case the losers were their own countrymen. And for the record, slavery continued on for another 50 years after the end of the war so tell me again how important it was for the north to fight against slavery? I read civil war magazine which consists of articles written by historians. These men and women spend years researching a particular event during the war and submit it to the publisher of the magazine.

Most people don't realize what a mixed bag Lincoln was. What he did right was not borrowing from Rothschild to finance his war...What he did wrong was to support the northern carpetbaggers and deny the southern states their RIGHT to secede.

The slavery thing as you know was really a side issue to justify the war...Kinda like "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq. That's not to say that slavery is OK (it isn't), but it wasn't the real reason for the war IMO.

JustDukkyMkII's photo
Tue 10/29/13 03:20 PM
I'd say what you see as a government of secrecy and fear is really a reactionary, paranoid government. Judgning by the way it goes after whistleblowers, you automatically know they don't wanna get caught with their hand in the cookie jar...which they have been...time after time.

Check out the paranoia:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/28/federal-agents-pre-dawn-raid-on-reporter-home-raises-questions/

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25