Community > Posts By > rpwolff

rpwolff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 04:39 PM
Thu 01/24/08 03:06 PM
I have been building computers since '95. Each predeccessor to vista would just recognize a new hd whenever I replaced or added one. Well, I built a new system because my previous system wasn't good enough for vista premium, it would've run vista basic. But, aero was one of the big things about vista, so, I wanted windows vista premium. Well, my new mobo has 5 sata inputs. So I have 3 sata hds and 2 sata dvd drives, but, I could never get vista to recognize more than 1 sata hd. I found out last night that vista won't recognize a drive until it's formatted. So, if anyone else has this problem. Start CONTROL PANEL, select SYSTEM AND MAITENANCE, then under ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS select CREATA AND FORMAT HARD DISK PARTITIONS. The new drive will appear. Format it, and then it will showup in explorer or my computer.

rpwolff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 04:34 PM
also, if you try reinstalling wmp, turn off your av software. That can cause problems.

rpwolff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 04:31 PM
Edited by rpwolff on Thu 01/24/08 04:32 PM
Fri 01/11/08 09:05 AM
if you downloaded windows media player 10..one of the newest..the new program has many copyright programs installed in it..it will NOT let you burn or copy a music or othher cd that you do not have the rights to...

but you can turn off those copyright features. They're only there for public places like coffe shops.

rpwolff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 04:02 PM
well yeah............ You need a good system. dahhhhhhhhhhhh............. jk

rpwolff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 03:11 PM
I thought so. But, if you turn off uac and the other security junck, it does blow 95

rpwolff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 03:06 PM
I have been building computers since '95. Each predeccessor to vista would just recognize a new hd whenever I replaced or added one. Well, I built a new system because my previous system wasn't good enough for vista premium, it would've run vista basic. But, aero was one of the big things about vista, so, I wanted windows vista premium. Well, my new mobo has 5 sata inputs. So I have 3 sata hds and 2 sata dvd drives, but, I could never get vista to recognize more than 1 sata hd. I found out last night that vista won't recognize a drive until it's formatted. So, if anyone else has this problem. Start CONTROL PANEL, select SYSTEM AND MAITENANCE, then under ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS select CREATA AND FORMAT HARD DISK PARTITIONS. The new drive will appear. Format it, and then it will showup in explorer or my computer.

rpwolff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 02:39 PM
Edited by rpwolff on Thu 01/24/08 02:40 PM
I work at walmart and had to read the pamphletts of all companies. I recommend T-mobile or ATT. Personally, I use T-mobile.

rpwolff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 02:35 PM
cnet has a video online of how to open an ipod nano and change the battery. It's actually easier than Apple makes it sound.

rpwolff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 02:24 PM
clean your msconfig file. Are you running 95 or vista? If it's 95: Click on START, go up to RUN, and when the RUN dialog box opens, type msconfig, click on the startup tab and deselect all the programs that windows automatically starts. By doing this you are telling windows that you will decide when to run these programs. If you're running vista, then do the same thing. But, if you don't turn off the usc, you'll keep getting those stupid popup balloons telling you that windows started but did not run unauthorized programs.

rpwolff's photo
Wed 01/23/08 09:35 PM
It was the last song he wrote.

rpwolff's photo
Wed 01/23/08 09:33 PM
Edited by rpwolff on Wed 01/23/08 09:45 PM
You know, I worked the Big Packet show in Fort Worth, Saturday night,
We had all day Sunday to rest and relax, before I caught another flight.
So I decided to walk down town an' get myself a little fresh air.
Before long, I found myself in front of a big church on the corner of the square.

Boy, I could hear that singin' way out in the street, sure was a beautiful sound.
So I just walked up the steps an' opened the door an' started to go inside an' sit down.
But before I could, a young man walked over to me an said: "Excuse me, Sir,
"But I can't let you in with that big black hat, those jeans, that beard an' long hair.

So I just left, went back outside, sat down on that curbing, an I thought to myself:
That's the house of the Lord. That guy's got the hell of a nerve.
Tellin' me I can't worship anywhere I please.
So right there, in front of that Church, I just knelt down on my knees.
I said: "Lord, I know I don't look like much, but I didn't think you'd mind.
"I just wanted to be with your people, Lord: it's been a long time.
"A while ago, a saw a wino over there in the alley, all bent over in tears,
"An' I thought how one stained glass window, from this Church, would feed his family for years."

"Then there's those fine cars parked outside: too many for me to count.
"Made me think how people walked for days to hear your sermon on the mount.
"Then there's those fine ladies in the choir, Lord, singin' like they really love it.
"Hell, last night, they were dancin' on the front row of my show: drinkin' beer,
screamin: 'Sing Shove It.'

"You know, even John the Baptist wouldn't be welcome in this place,
"With his coat made of Camel hair an' sandals on his feet an' a long beard on his face.
"You know, Lord, when you come back to get your children, an' take 'em beyond the clouds,
"To live forever in Heaven with you: well, I'd sure hate to be in this crowd.

"You know, Lord, I'm not perfect;
some even call me no count.
"But I'll tell you: I believe a man is judged by what's in his heart,
not what's in his bank account.
"So if this is what religion is: a big car, a suit an' a tie,
"Then I might as well forget it Lord, 'cause I can't qualify.

"Oh, by the way, Lord, right before they kicked me out,
didn't I see a picture of you?
"With sandals an' a beard. Believe you had long hair too."
"Well, this is Paycheck, signing off.
"I'll be seein' you Lord... I hope."

rpwolff's photo
Wed 01/23/08 09:31 PM
I've been following this thread on the parenting board and I read a judgemental posting that made me a bit mad. I'm not a big church person; don't go to church, don't pray too often, never read the bible, and a few other things. But, if you've ever saw the show "The Greatest Story Ever Told". I pretty much live by that. My most sacred saying from that show is: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." I take that to mean that even if you do think that your good enough to pass judgement on another; unless you're perfect, don't put other people down. To any people that think their self-rightchous, well, if you've ever heard "The Outlaw's Prayer" by Johnny Paycheck. I dedicate that song to you.

rpwolff's photo
Wed 01/23/08 08:23 PM
sorry... Dumb question. I never noticed "My Topics".... I guess I haven't used jsh long enough to know this stuff

rpwolff's photo
Wed 01/23/08 08:18 PM
I post topics that I'm trying to get other peoples viewpoints on. The problem I'm having is that I can never find the threads. My threads end up in one of the discussion things, but, I never know where to look. Like, my last two postings ended up in "Relationship and dating advice" I'm about to post something on church people. Is there an easy way to follow that thread and find out what topic it goes under after it leaves the home page?

rpwolff's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:57 PM
people, hats the deal. This lady was at a weak point, needing a few words of encouragement, and now your talking smack about her. I'm sorry; I don't get it.

rpwolff's photo
Tue 01/22/08 12:07 PM
DON'T GIVE UP...... Give in. In 1968 there was a big flood. A guy was standing on his porch; water up to his knees. A rowboat goes by. "Do you want a ride?" Oh no; the lord will take care of me..... Later on that afternoon the guy is on a chair on his porch. A rowboat goes by. "Do you want a ride?" Oh no; the lord will take care of me.... That night the guy is standing on the roof of his house. A helicopter goes by; the guy yells down to the guy on the roof "Sir, do you want a ride?" Oh no; the lord will take care of me.... Well, the guy drowneds. He gets up to heaven, sees God, and says, "I believed in you. What happened?" God turns to the guy and says, "I don't know. I sent two rowboats and a helicopter."

find a friend.... you've got one here.

rpwolff's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:49 AM
wouldn't that be hard? I can do oh my goooooooooooooooooooooood , but oh my godddddddddddddddddd, how do you say that.

Just food for thought. Just wanted to get some different viewpoints on this. To all the single moms out there. I applaud you. Great work. To all the single guys out there, lets remember the bumper sticker: "If you can't add or subtract; please, don't multiply."

rpwolff's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:34 AM
Allright, I've read through all the posts and I've gotta say, the bumper sticker one was excellent (my spelling may suck; I don't know). I should probably clairify myself. There is one lady who I treat great, we're good friends and everything. She was on the pill, her boyfriend use condoms, she's pregnant and not to happy. There's another lady I work with; very hot, always fun and exciting to be with her. She got married, did it, then got divorced after she had a kid; and the pressure of being a single mom is starting to take its toll. I realize it's their own fault, I just can't help but feel sorry for them. (and I'm a sisty year old vergin, not fifty.)...jkbigsmile

rpwolff's photo
Tue 01/22/08 08:35 AM
told ya it was stupid. I just see all these people with unplanned pregnancies and single mothers. It just irrotates me.

rpwolff's photo
Tue 01/22/08 08:25 AM
I adore this lady and everything, and one wuestion that's always baffled me.

Why are there so many unplanned pregnanycies? 1) If you adore or love someone, isn't being with that person more important than sex (maybe not as enjoyable, but it's funner and lasts)? 2) There are so many ways to get or give sexual pleasures, why would any guy want to make a lady he adores and cares about go through nine months of discomfort?

Just something that I've always wondered.