Community > Posts By > OKCUTIE67

OKCUTIE67's photo
Fri 07/16/10 01:14 PM
So my bf and I were in a heated debate over this topic last night and wondered what everyone else's thoughts were?

Apparently there was a news blurb about certain airlines allowing customers to pay an additional fee along with their ticket cost to get priority during the check-in process. Not as in First Class or any of their premium member service options, but someone flying in Coach could add an additional fee to their ticket price to be able to cut in line during check-in and get processed faster.

Now, I do not see anything wrong with this. Yes it sucks for us poor folks who don't have the money to do so, but to me it is no different than paying a premium to be in First Class and get preferential treatment, better seats, priority check-in and etc. But he was down right incensed over it saying if he had been standing in line for 30 minutes and some Joe-blow off the street came running in late and paid an extra $20 (just an arbitrary number) and was allowed to cut in front of him, he would be getting into fights right and left. When I asked who his complaint would be with, he said both the customer and the airline. The customer for being rude and the airline for accepting the rudeness and getting paid for it.
I pretty much said...why fault the customer? They are just taking advantage of an opportunity given to them? I then asked if he would feel the same way about someone who had a First Class ticket being able to walk right up to a separate counter and get checked in without standing in line? He said no, that was different. But is it really?

Just thought I would open it up for discussion considering it is a very REAL possibility that this will become reality with most of the airlines since they are desperate for new ways to make extra money.

OKCUTIE67's photo
Fri 07/16/10 12:37 PM

I kinda start figuring this thing out...I think the reason I am not getting a date is because I don't talk about sex in the emails.

I think that's my problem too... but I also think I intimadate a lot of guys because some of the things I do for a woman my age..bigsmile

I think women complaining about receiving "dirty" emails and calling the guys "pigs" for doing so just as guilty doing the same or provoking the guy to do that. Then they come here and complain, that "all I get are questions about my private parts" or "asking me to spread it" etc.. They bring it upon themselves many times...of course other times it's not them.
so I guess I'm "boring" because I'm not asking about their private parts and what they do with it daily.
Maybe I should start sending out dirty emails?

My e-mail is.... bigsmile

OKCUTIE67's photo
Fri 07/16/10 11:22 AM
Man...that's a pain...ok thanks!

How do I get my font to stay colored? Or do I have to type all that in everytime I post to get colors??

OKCUTIE67's photo
Fri 07/16/10 11:21 AM
Sorry but it sounds to me like he has lost interest Chelsea. Probably time to put him in the "friend" category and move on? Disappointing I know, but...

OKCUTIE67's photo
Fri 07/16/10 11:17 AM

I'd love to post pics from my trip to Italy but have no idea how to do it on here?

First you have to upload your photos to a place like Photobucket.

then follow the steps here under Insert Image-
http://mingle2.com/topic/show/199646

So I can't just take them from where they are saved on my computer or on cd?

OKCUTIE67's photo
Fri 07/16/10 10:53 AM
I'd love to post pics from my trip to Italy but have no idea how to do it on here?

OKCUTIE67's photo
Fri 07/16/10 10:43 AM
Happy Birthday Ruth!!! :banana:

OKCUTIE67's photo
Fri 07/16/10 08:53 AM
Yeah, definitely fix the main pic and add some more? Need more information about you also...likes, dislikes, hobbies...etc.

Welcome! waving

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 01:57 PM
My best friend's family does it with a cheesy, balck velvet Elvis picture!!! rofl

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:53 PM
Lord I hope men aren't like women! What fun would there be in that?? yawn

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:48 PM

he will sleep in the wet spot.

LOVE this one! rofl

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:47 PM
Well...I have been divorced twice and I am only 43. The first marriage was 15 years and the second was 10. I never "planned" on being married more than once, but life has a funny way of taking your plans and stomping on them till they don't remotely resemble anything you had in mind.

My first ex...we were just too young and well to put it bluntly...he never grew up. He kept drinking until it was an everyday thing (among other things) and it became a situation I could no longer tolerate or see bringing kids into, so I ended it. I still care about him deeply but he is still the same to this day.

My second ex, even though knowing from the beginning that I may not be able to have kids, and being with me through all of the medical issues my female problems caused me, left me 2 months after I had to have a hysterectomy to save my life.

So I guess if people want to think there is something wrong with me because I have been divorced twice and I'm only 43, then so be it. I have had only 5 men my entire life and all were LTR's so....it is what it is I guess.

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:34 PM

So by the same token, do you not ever GIVE gifts either then?

No, I don't give gifts; I give to charities instead.

Well good for you. To each their own! drinker I personally LOVE giving gifts and receiving ain't bad either! bigsmile

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:20 PM
I give up nothing...take me or leave me.

Hence why my profile is titled "AS IS - NO WARRANTY"!!! My last ex expected me to give up living in a place I love, and a job I love that pays VERY well just to move him an hour closer to his family so he could see them ALL the time. I was THIS close *holding fingers up about a 1/2 inch apart* to giving in to make him happy when he left me for a woman he had been screwing on the side for who knows how long!! NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN! grumble brokenheart

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 12:15 PM
So by the same token, do you not ever GIVE gifts either then?

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 11:26 AM

Will soon be adding to my horror collection. I pre-ordered The Slumber Party Massacre Collection from Shout! Factory, so I will be getting my very own Slumber Party Massacre Pillowcase....yep, I won't be able to keep the ladies out of my bed nowbigsmile

scared surprised

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 07:32 AM
waving Welcome!!!

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 07:31 AM
I love going just to see the prices people think their junk is worth! :laughing: Especially when as explanation they always say "it's very, very old"!!! rofl

My problem with the whole garage sale thing though is having to get up so freakin early on a Saturday!!! :laughing:

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 07:15 AM
Spreading joy and sunshine everywhere I go! The usual! bigsmile

OKCUTIE67's photo
Thu 07/15/10 06:52 AM
treasure