singingmyheartout's photo
Thu 12/20/07 05:37 PM
What do you mean NO SUCCESS?

Thu 12/20/07 05:32 PM
It has nothing to do with cute vs ugly... it's attitude... confidence... and if you respect yourself... if you spend your time talking about personal or really gross stuff, people aren't gonna pay any mind to you... and if you spend your time crying about how the site sucks because nobody is noticing you... well why on earth would anyone want to?

Be yourself. Have some fun... so what if ya don't hook up within the first 2 months you are here... honestly...

Thu 12/20/07 05:24 PM
HEY! Some of us girls "looking for a man for friendship"... duh... this site doesn't give an option for "looking for friends in general"... and I'm not really up for a bunch of girl-on-girl action....

Some of us are here for just friends... and there are GREAT people on this site...

for someone like me... it's a perfect way to interact with people since I don't get out much.

Don't judge by stereotypes... there's an exception to every rule...flowerforyou

Thu 12/20/07 05:10 PM
tiring. i just wanna go to sleep!yawn yawn yawn yawn

Thu 12/20/07 04:59 PM
I didn't mind getting my piercings or my tatt... but when it comes to medical procedures I am the biggest baby! I can't even watch them when it comes time for shots and blood tests!

Thu 12/20/07 09:45 AM
My Wish - Rascal Flatts:heart:

Wed 12/19/07 08:47 PM
Maybe this sounds too goody-goody... and maybe you'll roll your eyes... but I want to ask something of all of you...

I am going to ask you to GIVE.

I don't care WHAT holiday you are celebrating... or maybe you don't celebrate a holiday at all...

GIVE...

simple. Not to your mom. Not to your lover. Not even to your kid.

GIVE...

to someone who needs it... someone who is lost. forgotten... or just down and out.

GIVE...

to someone who is tough to love... someone who goes without... someone who has nothing.

We fail to open our eyes to the bigger picture. We get consumed by spending and greed... and there are so many who go without. Share a smile, bring some joy to someone who has none...

... Really... I don't mean to preach... but this is something that hits home to me. I've never had much, but I always have shared what I have. There's something about human compassion that really warms the heart and makes me feel alive...

So I'm hoping we can all do our part to bring a few extra smiles to the faces of those who need them most this Holiday Season, if not every day throughout the years to come.

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Tue 12/18/07 10:11 PM
This is an issue that hits home for me. Too layered to give a simple stay or go.
I have cousins that have thankfully come back from Iraq... and a fiance headed there in the Fall. For the sake of my future husband, who believes he needs to fulfill a duty, I will support him, and all the troops. I do not support the war.

Mon 12/17/07 01:59 PM
Edited by singingmyheartout on Mon 12/17/07 01:59 PM

Okay, so they say the uniform is supposed to make military guys a total turn on to chicks, but... *blinks* where are they? Believe it or not, anywhere around base there's so much competition, or... ya know, other things that some women do around a military base... Why should I have to compete with 7,000 other guys for one girl? Why is it that most girls like guys who fight for them? Is it an ego thing? Personally - I'd like to meet a woman who wants to stand on her own two feet beside me rather than under me. Does that make any sense?

I am engaged to a militaty guy... but I stand on my own 2 feet, support my kids on my own, etc. I believe in any relationship, it is teamwork. Even once we are married, I have full intention of working. He is probably going to be deployed to the Gulf after our wedding for awhile. If I am working and he is still bringing in money, it will give us that much more to work with when he comes stateside. No sense in me sitting on my butt if I am capable of contributing.

Mon 12/17/07 12:25 AM
I sent you an email. Don't do him any favors.

Good Luck!flowerforyou

Mon 12/17/07 12:00 AM

Sun 12/16/07 10:50 PM
I went to the Illinois Legal Aid website which posted some info and also emailed a few lawyers who won't take my case but gave me the "scoop". I am going to the courthouse (Daley Center) on Tuesday to see if there is anything I can find out there at their self-help dept.

I'm hoping it all shakes out. I think the entire situation of keeping me here is a violation of my rights considering my son's father is just trying to make waves. Unfortunately, I don't know how to prove there is better than here... only because they are about the same. I'd be happier there. I'd have more help there... but because I am to yet married to my fiance, his family is technically NOT mine.
I just lost my daughter's daycare. Rates were too high. I have temp sitting until mid-feb... from there, whether I go or not, my daughter will be going to live with my in-laws... because I have no one else to watch her here.

Sun 12/16/07 08:44 PM
197 since Saturday

Sun 12/16/07 08:23 PM
When You're Gone (Avril Lavigne)

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie is made up on your side

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now

[Chorus]
When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it ok
I miss you

I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do reminds me of you
And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you, I love the things that you do

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now

[Chorus]

We were made for each other
Out here forever
I know we were, yeah
All I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I'd do, I'd give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe I need to feel you here with me, yeah

[Chorus]

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I miss him...

Sun 12/16/07 07:54 PM
Brandy... THANKS!
My research lead me wrong. This helps a great deal... I will need it come February. flowerforyou

Sun 12/16/07 07:48 PM
Not true on Greyhound... to Phoenix from Chicago 1 way for me and 2 kids it's $470.00.

Where are you traveling to/from?

Why not save tax refunds or somebody get a 2nd job to make a little extra cash for the roadtrip?

Where there's a will there's a way.

I know there are other Charter Bus lines depending... Van Gehlder goes throughout the midwest and it costs less than Greyhound...

Good Luck Guys.flowerforyou

Sun 12/16/07 07:37 PM
laugh laugh laugh
God willing, I will only be there until August. My fiance might get deployed to Iraq... but if he comes stateside, I'll be relocating with him to his new station then... otherwise, I'll wait for him in AZ...

I'm not one for heat or swimming pools... but I'll adapt.flowerforyou

Sun 12/16/07 07:23 PM
Thanks.
I'm moving to AZ to be with my in-laws... and when my fiance gets out of the Navy we are going to settle there. (He's from the Phoenix area)... I was born and raised in Chicago, IL... and still here. Never been to Arizona... I'm excited about moving.

Sun 12/16/07 07:02 PM
laugh laugh laugh
I'll be Arizona-bound in February... but not looking to date.flowerforyou

Sun 12/16/07 02:30 PM

Why does your profile say you're married?

Because in my heart of hearts I am already married to my guy. Marriage is a choice in life... the "ceremony" is a formality... but because I have kids and he is going to adopt them, it is a necessary formality.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25