singingmyheartout's photo
Fri 12/14/07 05:00 PM
Edited by singingmyheartout on Fri 12/14/07 05:02 PM
WOW! I love you guys!

I was thinking the same things you are...
most of my "real life" friends said it was nuts to even consider it. They said "If he loves you he'll make the effort"... BS!

YES- I am ready (now)... S1ow... if I have a cam... I will throw cake at you... wait... umm... if there's a cake...

AND Michelle... you are totally wearing a BUTT BOW dress... (in plum purple)...

I will send lots of pics...bigsmile
.............. but this isn't happening until March.flowerforyou

Fri 12/14/07 01:10 PM
My fiance can't get the Navy to grant leave time for our wedding date. He is in Guam... the wedding was to be in Arizona. The date we picked- March 15th... is very significant to both of us...

Do I fly out to Guam solo so we can still get married on our day?

Or do we wait another year?

My family will not attend regardless of where/when.
His mother suggested this alternative, even though his family will miss our day... (we would have a reception at a later date when he can get leave time).

Thoughts?

Fri 12/14/07 11:02 AM
Edited by singingmyheartout on Fri 12/14/07 11:03 AM
Well, in the state of Illinois, even if the non-custodial parent is a deadbeat and uninvolved, if you do not get court permission from the courts to leave the state, the non-custodial parent can slap "kidnapping" charges on you and force you back to the state. It doesn't mean they want to see their kid... it means that they want to screw with your plans to move on in your life. Also- paying child support is considered a form of involvement... so even if the guy NEVER shows interest in seeing his kid or providing physical/emotional support to that child, providing monetary support (in my case, a whopping $68 per week) somehow, in the states eyes, constitutes him being involved.

I commend all the parents who have split that actually do what is right for their kids. Take it from a mom whose kids have never had a dad... the kids suffer when you bail.flowerforyou

Fri 12/14/07 10:41 AM

i understand everyones need to vent
but that is not what this topic was started for
it was started to inform dads of their rights in differant states and for people to post if they know what they are
they have enough threads for the he said she said ..hes a this and shes a that
please can we just keep in on the subject thankyou

Didn't know there was a dictatorship as to what could be posted. Topic says "FATHER'S RIGHTS" ... there are good points and bad points to the issue. The issue is that the laws are written with intent for BOTH PARENTS' right s to be protected... I was in no way saying Fathers should NOT have rights... but whatever huh Guess next time I'll ask your permission before I voice my opinion. Geez!....huh

Thu 12/13/07 04:10 PM
Laura... I wish. Sadly mine are 7 and 4... I have a LONG road ahead of me...grumble

Thu 12/13/07 02:41 PM
grumble explode I'm all for DAD's Rights... but when the A$$HOLES ditch out and DO NOTHING for theri kids... I feel the laws are too soft on them... (THIS GOES FOR DEADBEAT MOMS AND DADS). The whole thing makes me sick. :angry: mad

I'm dealing with this right now. A$$hole hasn;t done much of anything in 6 years... but now that I am trying to move outta state he grows a conscience... but just enough of one to show the courts he's "trying"....

I think there should be harsher punishments for the deadbeats who show no interest in their kids... and I seriously feel that those of us left to struggle and "deal with it" get the short end of things... because the laws don't have much bend and give for these types of circumstances.

:angry: explode mad grumble ****END RANT****:angry: explode mad grumble

Thu 12/13/07 01:23 PM

Oh for gods sake this is all just bull****! He has legally abandoned that child! haven't you all looked at the dates and years she is talking about? Doesn't matter whether he is still paying child support or not, he has not physically been in this childs presence for YEARS!!! Go to your local Community Legal Service and have them file papers claiming abandonment and get on with YOUR LIFE !!

JUST AN FYI: I've spent the last week or so looking into this. Can't get my son's dad on abandonment because he has "been involved financially" off and on... and even though he makes no effort to adhear to the visitation schedule already set, the fact that his aunts took him over Thanksgiving and he saw my son now negates that. They have pictures to prove that my son saw his sperm donor. This sucks. I can't believe the laws are written this way!!!! The best I can do is a PETITION FOR REMOVAL... which I've been told it's difficult to get a judge to allow.:cry:

Thu 12/13/07 08:34 AM
Wow. A redhead... Are you Irish?

NO! Not a drop!ohwell

Thu 12/13/07 07:38 AM
Not sure if this is the right section to post this...
BUT

I am looking for a referral for an attorney in the Chicago area that can help me file a PETITION FOR REMOVAL for my son. I want to move out of state and I need court permission to do so.

I need a (family law) attorney that is willing to work with me financially with payment plans of $150.00 per week. (Any remaining balances will be paid IN FULL with my income tax refund).

If anyone has any referrals, please email them to me.

(This is URGENT! We were planning to move anyway, but the timeframe of WHEN changed... My mother-in-law is very ill and is going for surgery late January to have a growth removed from the stem of her brain. She will need help once she comes home from the hospital. My fiance (her son) is active duty military and cannot be there to help her. I need to move by early February.)

flowerforyou Thank you, my friends!flowerforyou

Wed 12/12/07 11:11 PM

i need a ****ing girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!

When you realize you can function with or without a companion... when you don't NEED another in your life... that is when having another will prove most sweet.

flowerforyou Good Luck to you.flowerforyou

Wed 12/12/07 10:36 PM
Damn!

<--------------LIGHTWEIGHT.

ohwell ohwell ohwell ohwell ohwell

Wed 12/12/07 10:33 PM

FYI: I actually ALWAYS get a cab to n from the bar. And only when I don't have my daughter. Jeez, I'm not a total moron! I got the next round. Pick yer poison!drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

Orgasm shot!

(seriously... they are mighty tasty!!!)
& TYflowerforyou

Wed 12/12/07 10:31 PM
Sending a round of Jager BOmbs to y'all... drink up!drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

Wed 12/12/07 10:26 PM
Gratz, Munch!!!!flowerforyou

Wed 12/12/07 10:21 PM

Smiling, I understand! At least he is doing a service we all should be proud for! And he is alive, not like my family, so Here's a drink to you and yours and tell him thanks from me!!!
drinker drinker :heart: drinker flowerforyou drinker

TYflowerforyou And, yes... I agree. I am proud of him. He IS NOT in a warzone. I am fortunate. It's still rough. I miss him so much!!!!

Wed 12/12/07 10:15 PM

Awww singing? what's the matter? Tell us and we will drink to it...or not...have anotherdrinker drinker drinker flowerforyou

Holidays. Sigh. My guy has been overseas for a long time. Just really missing him tonight. Needing a hug... or even to sit in the same room with him... and, well... military obligations come first. It's something I have to accept. :cry:

Wed 12/12/07 10:13 PM

Drinking is good.drinker More is better. drinker Then another. drinker One more.drinker Not tired yet.drinker Almost there.drinker drinker drinker laugh Where's the bathroom?! drinker drinker drinker drinker blushing You come here often? drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker noway Cut off?!?! Naw, I'm OK to drive.drinker drinker drinker drinker What are YOU lookin at?!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

<------------mom of 2 little ones!

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed 12/12/07 10:10 PM
I'm having a rough night....
the more the more the merrier...

<----- passes full wine glasses around...flowerforyou

Wed 12/12/07 10:08 PM
Damn.... I killed bottle of wine #2.... bigsmile drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker But I cheated... LOL... the first was only 1/2 full! laugh laugh laugh laugh

Wed 12/12/07 09:56 PM

¿What if you met that special someone and they had to go to jail/prison for a few years (let's pretend it's someting not so heinous as murder or conspiracy), would you wait for them?

A very good friend of mine is dong just that. She actually MARRIED him while in prison. Personally, I probably couldn't. BUT, my friend is happy... I've never seen her glow the way she glows when she talks about him... so who is to say it's wrong?

He gets out in 3 years. He's been in 2 and a half. They've been married 1 and a half...

It takes all types of people... and you can't always help WHO you fall in love with. So if it makes you truly happy, I say GO FOR IT. Afterall... you only go around this life 1 time. flowerforyou

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25