Community > Posts By > steveemac

steveemac's photo
Thu 09/30/10 12:45 AM
"A Democrat sees the glass as half empty; a Republican sees the glass as something that could be made cheaper [overseas]."
--John Higgins

steveemac's photo
Wed 09/29/10 06:31 PM

2011 Super Bowl Champs!!!!!

Wait and see...
While I would like to believe it, lifelong Packer fan that I am -and believe me, growing up near Seattle in the 70's and 80's, it got me some strange looks- I have to say that i think the Packers are at least one more season away; and their team-record penalty fest last Monday night against the Bears kind of prove my point: too much youthful silliness; this team needs another season to gel.
If there's no lockout next season, I like the Pack to go deep into the playoffs in the 2011-2012 campaign; maybe even all the way.

steveemac's photo
Mon 08/23/10 10:35 PM

Do me a favor captain, don't bet on preseason games. Wait til the regular season and see injury reports.
Any bookmaker -legal or otherwise- would be a fool to take bets on preseason games; and any bettor would be just as foolish to bet on them.

steveemac's photo
Mon 06/21/10 06:59 AM

Bet there were a lot of people working under the table. In this fishing boating stuff. The lady that took people for boat rides. Probally stuffed the money right in her pocket. No taxes or nothing.
If someone was pocketing all their wages without paying their share into the kitty in taxes -like the rest of us- they damn sure better not be wasting oxygen bitching about not getting any benefits; they can just consider the taxes they haven't paid as their relief check.

steveemac's photo
Sun 05/09/10 11:00 AM

Poll Ranks CNN, Fox News Most Trustworthy
I've also read of polls that show that 19% of Americans believe they are in the top 1% of income earners in the US.
The only thing I glean from that poll -like most others- is that pollsters have and annoying tendency (coincidental or not) to interview some of the dumbest among us.

steveemac's photo
Sun 05/09/10 10:46 AM
Suns owner Robert Sarver seems to think that the rules that apply to his for-profit local monopoly should not apply to the state of Arizona.
Really? Seems more like he just wants to make his disapproval of the new AZ law known, and he has the wherewithal to do so.
I thought you folks on the "right" were for lassiez-faire capitalism-you know, not burdening private businesses with onerous regulations, and letting the all-knowing, all-wise market sort everything out. If enough people in Phoenix are so strongly opposed to his voicing his opinion in this way, they can vote with their feet; and when they have caused him to lose enough money, he will either a)change his opinion, or at least keep it to himself, or b) move his business to a location that doesn't mind his opinion...Seattle and Pittsburgh come to mind straight away...

steveemac's photo
Sun 05/09/10 10:33 AM

wow,, I bet this is a common belief of extremists who teach hate of entire groups of people,,,
Well, of course it is: it's a lot easier to just hate everybody based on race, creed, or gender, than to actually have to THINK FOR ONESELF!

steveemac's photo
Sun 04/04/10 03:52 AM
Edited by steveemac on Sun 04/04/10 03:53 AM
When I was a freshman in high school, I attended a football camp where Chris Chandler was also attending; this was obviously before he got to the NFL-he was still in high school, as well. To make a long story short, he was the most talented QB there, and also the biggest a-hole.
On Labor Day, 2008, I met then-candidate Barack Obama. He was here in Milwaukee giving a campaign speech at Laborfest, and the company I work for was transporting the press corps. The other drivers and I got to meet him personally at the airport as everybody was boarding the plane.
I'm around a lot of professional baseball players for my work (when they come to Milwaukee, we usually get the job of shuttling to and from the airport/hotel/Miller Park, but we're under strict orders NOT to talk to them unless they initiate the conversation.

steveemac's photo
Sat 04/03/10 12:10 AM
IMHO: I actually like it when businesses wear their political affiliation on their sleeve-especially since it seems to be Regressives that prevail at it: it lets me know that I should take my hard-EARNED (yes, EARNED, uptighty-righties) money to another merchant that won't likely take a portion of the share of my hard-EARNED money that they realize as profit and send it to a political party and/or it's candidates that stand for things that I don't.
Best thing for folks to do: vote with their feet. This doctor has obviously forgotten how fickle the tides of business can be, that he would risk alienating potential customers.

steveemac's photo
Sat 04/03/10 12:03 AM
I don't know what happens in other parts of the USA, but here in Milwaukee County -at the Wisconsin Humane Society- if you adopt a kitten up to 6 mo., it's $150; between 6-12mos, $100; more than 12mos, free. All these prices include spay/neuter and shots, plus a first visit free at participating vets. My two cats were 100 total, because Stewie was 9 mos, while Brian was right at 1 year.
I guess what I'm getting at is this: folks, unless you are a breeder, get your next pet cat at your local humane society. While it may not be totally free, it will be more affordable than picking a kitten out of somebody's litter-and you'll have some guarantee of your new cat's health.

steveemac's photo
Thu 04/01/10 12:09 AM

100% of all Americans in prison are in prison.

That's not true. There are half way houses, house arrest and parole. Which some prisoners are still considered such (Other then Parole) and fall under the Dept. Of Corrections or Federal Prison Bureau.

Please re-read his statement. It is true. Everybody in prison is in prison.

Actually you are classified as in prison on the of the four situations so please look into certain things before you jump in.

I know about those certain things. I was a Volunteer Probation Officer in my 20's.

I also know dry humor when I see it and that was what he was doing.
Therin lies the problem, Winx: expecting a Regressive to have an actual sense of humor...why do you think they're referred to as "Uptighty Righties?"

steveemac's photo
Wed 03/31/10 01:23 PM

I would

but they are waaaaaay to big !!!!!!!!

It would mess up everyones margins!!!!!! Lol

No really!!!!:heart:
Well, you could give it a try...I have a very wide-screen monitor, and I don't mind scrolling...giggity...

steveemac's photo
Mon 03/22/10 07:00 PM
Well, this may be slightly off-topic to this thread, but:

HAPPY NAW-RUZ!!

(Baha'i New Year, March 21st).

steveemac's photo
Wed 03/17/10 09:25 PM

I believe there was one here for a brief time and then he left or stopped posting.
So, you're saying the entire subject went to Hell?

Sorry; couldn't resist!

steveemac's photo
Wed 03/17/10 09:16 PM

Here is a paradoxical question. I can't see being both myself. The whole "magical sacrifice of having children" is just a myth! It is another way of saying to a guy 'change shoved down your throat...'
Well, first and foremost, you should do yourself -and more importantly, all of society- a favor: don't breed. One of the biggest problems today is not overpopulation, but underenthusiastic population; i.e., too many people having children just because they match the furniture or something just as shallow.

Don't want kids? Simple: don't have any.

Please!

steveemac's photo
Tue 03/16/10 01:51 AM
How could any list of the worst presidents not include Martin Van Buren? After all, he was a one-termer widely known as "Martin Van Ruin."

steveemac's photo
Wed 03/10/10 10:27 PM
A conservative trying to help other conservatives make sense of all the garbage they hear.

Hope it helps some.
Dragoness, if you keep trying to make sense and use logic and facts instead of fear, you're NEVER going to get that talk-show host gig on Fox "News" or be appointed Chairperson of the Tea Baggers Party...

steveemac's photo
Sat 02/27/10 04:25 PM
You can say what ever you want but anyone with half a brain is going to be a nervous wreck getting on a plane with a woman wearing a burka or 4 guys with mohammad in their name.
Thank goodness most people of good sense and rational judgment are endowed with the whole brain, not merely half-and apparently, the worst half, at that.

steveemac's photo
Fri 12/04/09 10:21 PM

Can anyone tell me why a woman with a child is scary to some men?grumble
Some men, but not all; I actually would prefer to meet a woman with kid(s)-she knows what parenting is about.

steveemac's photo
Thu 12/03/09 12:33 AM
krobin-

I just joined this site; Allah'u'abha!!