Community > Posts By > cabot

cabot's photo
Tue 06/30/09 07:05 PM
It takes two people to argue, and I won't be that second person. We agree to disagree or we agree to shut up. Deal with it...jmo

cabot's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:53 PM

You can't have a debate if both people agree.

You're right, I stand corrected. I haven't seen a good presidential debate in many years.

cabot's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:45 PM
I agree party affiliation puts some serious blinders on DC. We need more than 2 choices. As I have yet to see "none of the above" on a ballot, If no one voted, then what? Would the incumbents retain their seats? We need a strong third party for starters. You can't have a serious debate between just 2 people. or parties. 3 is a minimum. jmo

cabot's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:41 PM
I felt the same way at first Prisoner, but as the story developed Jb is right, there were plenty of innocent but ignorant victims. just my observation.

cabot's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:36 PM
I hang outside the divorce court doors on Fridays. They seem to be the busiest days here.biggrin

cabot's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:32 PM
Apparently you have your priorities straight. You'll be fine, just keep being yourself. If your sons are older now and you have more time, just relax and go shopping.

cabot's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:14 PM
Good thread topic. I do not want a vasectomy and I do not want any more kids, so I guess I'll start drinking and smoking to slow the swimmers down a bit.

cabot's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:10 PM
I'm betting he had the same doctor Anna Nicole had.

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 06:56 PM

anyway lone like i said i know nothing and i'm only here for the trouble aspect - it's funny flowerforyou

I just joined, I guess I thought this sight was better, what is so funny about either side of the immigration saga.? Just asking.

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 06:20 PM

i av,me and 10 others are getting layed off,at the end of the week.due to no more work"what a bummer"ohwell life goes on

Sorry dude, it happened to me last year. Dig deep and fight on. what else can you do?

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 06:05 PM
If we really wanted immigration control, our borders would be way more secure than they are now. I lived in Northern Maine for 5 years, I could drive through the border (US/Canada) at night with no agent present. Just a camera and a sign that said to report my crossing the next day....or else, blah blah blah. Eight years or more on the war on terror by Bush, yet our borders are wide open. Makes no sense. Unless the powers that be want it that way. no more middle class, just the upper and lower, much like our ancestors. Kings and Queens that is.

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 05:49 PM
Edited by cabot on Mon 06/29/09 05:52 PM

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 05:48 PM
Edited by cabot on Mon 06/29/09 05:51 PM

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 05:47 PM

I am a vet and a proud american. But in the end we are all immigrants in some form or another.

Ask the Native Americans who the immigrants are.

this is my point put very well:thumbsup:

Excuse me but it was England, Spain an France that invaded the country to begin with. Not "Americans" per say. The people didn't become Americans until England's hinny was kicked outta here. And yes what was done to the Native Americans was absolutely horrible an should never have happened. But the Britians are just as guilty of such things in Australia.shades

What was done to the Native Americans and their way of life was genocide, pure and simple. Most white Americans trace their lineage to Europe. They fled and then dominated. I am a white American and even I see that. 200 year old laws vs 400 plus years of discovery. Columbus to now.

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 05:43 PM
Edited by cabot on Mon 06/29/09 05:44 PM
Across from the cleavage....obvious one there.

Side to side? No because I would be a righty and she would be a lefty. And I would win the elbow battle. Sorry for the bruised ribs hun, I got carried away..laugh

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 05:18 PM
Edited by cabot on Mon 06/29/09 05:18 PM
I am a vet and a proud american. But in the end we are all immigrants in some form or another.

Ask the Native Americans who the immigrants are.

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 04:45 PM

slaphead Duh! If he had entered the country legally he could get unemployment. Sorry, I've got no sympathy for illegals. Enter the country correctly, legally.shades

Agreed. Plus if they had kids here, the kids are entitled to a free education, minus tuition. And can not be denied health care.

I don't feel that children born here to illegal parents should have the right or claim to citzenship. If they are here legally then yes, they should have the right or choice to claim citzenship. shades

I would agree, but the people on the Mayflower were not citizens, but their kids were considered to be. It is a loophole, anyone born here is considered to be a US citizen. So my point is that we will not deport millions of illegal aliens when their children are left behind...I.E. Anchor baby term comes to mind.

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 04:43 PM
Just a thought. America wants to push for more fuel efficient cars and small vehichles. My problem with the small cars is this. How does a 6 foot+ tall guy fit in a small car? How do I fit 2 kids in there as well? How do I get us in the car plus groceries? I need a truck. I haul stuff all of the time. I never had so many "friends" as I do know that gas is up and people have small cars. "Hey Honey, can you come haul this couch for me?" etc...

I'm not talking Suburbans here, but small cars have their place, but 6 foot people that weigh 180 lbs can not drive one for hours on the interstate, or fit much else in them.

Not to mention here in Wisconsin, 4 inches of snow at a time is common. No small car is going anywhere. So your "friend" with a truck will come pick you up so your kids get to school and you get to work..just thinking. What is the solution?

Make a truck that gets the small car gas milage, yet has power. Possible? I have not seen it yet. I am a former GM employee and am frustrated at America's response to fuel prices.

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 04:33 PM

slaphead Duh! If he had entered the country legally he could get unemployment. Sorry, I've got no sympathy for illegals. Enter the country correctly, legally.shades

Agreed. Plus if they had kids here, the kids are entitled to a free education, minus tuition. And can not be denied health care.

cabot's photo
Mon 06/29/09 04:29 PM
Look, I think it boils down to this, Farrah was a sex symbol when she was most famous. She promoted he sexy image and made lots of money off of it. She was also a real and brave person. That can not always be said for sex symbols.