Community > Posts By > jemare

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 11:46 AM
You're making me HUNGRY drool

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 11:44 AM
Edited by jemare on Mon 12/30/13 11:45 AM

Keep in mind I've NEVER tried this... but some day I just mightbigsmile Only I would add some sugar to the mix (for alcohol content and taste).Keep in mind this is an adult site and I'm hoping that everyone is of legal drinking age?huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ_n0jEoqDg

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 11:33 AM
I've never made wine, but I have a sister who makes wine out of any berry she can find growing on her property. And her wine has a kick to it drinks biggrin

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 11:28 AM
I am Christian and try to keep the Christ in Christmas.... Having said that AND having buried a Jewish Uncle the other day :cry: I also know that this is a special season for many faiths flowerforyou We all travel different paths trying to reach the same destination. May everyone's path be free of obstacles so that we can all celebrate together in the end.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I hope everyone has a healthy and prosperous New years flowerforyou

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 11:22 AM
Now there's a great New Year's Resolution: Keep our faith throughout the new year, and try to be a better person to those who cross our path every day.

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 11:18 AM
Edited by jemare on Mon 12/30/13 11:18 AM

Happy Birthday!!

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 11:12 AM
Edited by jemare on Mon 12/30/13 11:16 AM
I'm going to see my grandbaby tonight and hug him for his daddy (my son) who couldn't be there for Christmas because he's deployed in Africa right now. So... Here's a hug for him and all the Servicemen who are missing the holidays with their families to keep us safe:

And an extra little hug for all the Minglers here who need one tooflowerforyou

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 11:04 AM
OK, I missed the Christmas Thank You to the Mingle staff... but guess where I found Santa hiding?

But you're never too late to say....

... For making this site such a joy to visit flowerforyou

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 10:56 AM
Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and celebrate the New Year with wonderful new memories flowerforyou

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 10:47 AM
Edited by jemare on Mon 12/30/13 10:53 AM
It's nice to play the hostess, but this year I'm the guest. AND since I have my "designated driver"... I'm going to Partyyyyy drinks

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 10:42 AM
In retrospect sometimes what we think was harder turned out to be for the very best. Children make the Christmas season all the brighter. Enjoy them, they grow too quickly flowerforyou

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 10:38 AM
Well Christmas isn't over for me yet. I'm going to see the grandbaby this evening and exchange a few more presents. It's wonderful to see the changes in my grandson each month. And I have a new camera to capture those changes now bigsmile I hope everyone's ready to ring in the New Year tomorrow night. Get those designated drivers lined up drinks :wink:

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 10:20 AM
Edited by jemare on Mon 12/30/13 10:21 AM
Here's a fourth: Hope you're feeling better Marteeny flowerforyou The flu is no way to bring in the New Yeartears

So, am I the only one who found coal in their stocking ?huh But I guess I was only half bad because I did find something under the treebigsmile

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 10:11 AM
Pepsi Summer or Winter? Eh, I'd take Spring and Fall instead. But, atleast in winter you can always layer clothing to go outside, in the summer the only thing you can do is go out Neeeked to stay cool.... (and the authorities would frown on that) :wink: laugh

jemare's photo
Mon 12/30/13 10:02 AM
No where.... I don't flynoway But I'm OK with that bigsmile

jemare's photo
Wed 12/25/13 07:44 PM
Edited by jemare on Wed 12/25/13 07:47 PM
Cough,cough...

Sorry MG... it doesn't seem to be workingslaphead

Now who spiked that egg nog?winking

jemare's photo
Tue 12/24/13 11:41 AM
Edited by jemare on Tue 12/24/13 11:46 AM
For a cake that looks difficult....(but really isn't) I'd say Pineapple upside down cake bigsmile

(1) box yellow cake mix (Plus whatever added ingredient it calls for on box)

(1) jar Marischino cherries

(1) can crushed pineapple

(1) can pineapple rings

Enough brown sugar to coat the bottom of cake pan about a quarter of an inch

About a half a stick (to a whole stick according to baking pan are of butter (or stick margerine according to your budget)

Instructions:

Drain pineapples thoroughly (I reserve the juice from this to substitute for the water in the cake mix instruction

I tend to use a 9 x 12 pan for a thinner cake with a thinner of topping. But a smaller 8x8 or other will result in a thicker cake with a thick topping.

Mix batter according to box instructions (remembering to use the reserved pineapple juice instead of water) and set aside.

In the bottom of the baking pan sprinkle the brown sugar to about an eight of an inch to a quarter of an inch thickness.

take dobs of butter about the size of a marischino cherry snd dob them with about 2 and a half to three inch spacing.

place the pineapple rings as the next layer in the pan touching as you can, or spacing them for a pleasing pattern depending on your size of pan.

place marischono cherries in side each ring and/or in between rings also depending on pan size.

sprinkle crushed pineapple as next layer.

pour batter in pan. bake according to mix instructions. HOWEVER: keep in mind that a bigger pan will have a thinner cake layer and will cook faster. so after 20 mins. check cke by toothpicl or butter knife (insert ans remove, if batter isn't sticking....and cake springsback to touch...it's done. use common sense that it is hot and don't burn your fingers if you don't know what I mean by springs back...don't use that part of the method, then just use the tooth pick or butter knife.

When cake is done let cool slightly,(but not totally or it will stick to pan).

Place platter that cke will be on over cake pan. Using oven mits on both of your hands clasp the platter and the baking pan and fllip over (upside down). jiggle ever so lightly and slowly remove the pan tapping lightly on the bottom of the pan to that nothing sticks.

I know this sounds like alot of steps, but when you've done this, it's actually easier than making a regular frosting from scratch and will really impress your company. Evev more so if you can serve it warm and serve a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side bigsmile

Sorry about the typos here and there....I'm typing on a teeny tiny keyboard todaylaugh

jemare's photo
Mon 12/23/13 12:49 PM
The color of crystal huh it changes color every time I turn aroundslaphead smile2

jemare's photo
Mon 12/23/13 12:28 PM

Good Morning Friends. I have been in Texas for about 6 weeks now. My sister passed away at home last Saturday. I am happy that I was able to keep her from having to go to a hospital. I will be here another week to spend Christmas with her kids and then back to my life in PA.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. I love and miss you!!!!

I hope you can make some happy memories with the kids for Christmas to carry on when you're back in Pa. flowerforyou

jemare's photo
Mon 12/23/13 12:20 PM
Edited by jemare on Mon 12/23/13 12:21 PM
ooooooooh.... Hippie said the F word surprised Yep, run Hippie runrofl

An elf told me that Santa is going to drop this lumberjack down the chimney for all the women who don't have Christmas trees so that he can chop one down for them:

And Hippie, this lumberjack (with headlights) is for you:

Let's hope today is a turn around for the better for everyone's holiday. flowerforyou

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25