Community > Posts By > jemare

jemare's photo
Tue 06/03/14 11:35 PM
I don't even like double digit heat when I see a high number after an "8"noway I can't even imagine how you handle triple digit weathersurprised Some say "but it's dry, not humid" I grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, so I understand humid slaphead I'm sorry, hot is hot (dry or humid) to me. I hope your air conditioner was running well and you get some cooler weather soon shades Viv, you're a stronger woman than I... (bowing down to you at the thought of triple digit weather).waving

jemare's photo
Mon 06/02/14 11:48 AM

jemare's photo
Mon 06/02/14 11:27 AM
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I enjoyed mine. Drove up to Franconia Notch New Hampshire for a quick camping weekend. It was supposed to be fri-sun, but they were calling for thunderstorms on fri. so sat-sun was better. And it was. I heard the storms friday there nasty by those that were brave enough to weather it out. By the time I got there on saturday all was dry. Very pleasant, but seems it's too cold at night for me this early in the season. I'll stick to summer camping after July 1st from now on :wink: laugh

jemare's photo
Mon 06/02/14 11:07 AM
Edited by jemare on Mon 06/02/14 11:12 AM
Hey Everybody: I get to see my grandbaby next weekend AND....my oldest son. bigsmile It's his surprise welcome home party. I've been waiting two weeks already to see my son. I've only talked to him on the phone so far. I figured after being deployed so long and only getting to see his baby (a few days after his birth) and his wife, I'd give them time to settle back in. Hopefully this time he'll be home long enough to see his baby's first steps and his baby's first birthday (the grandbaby is almost 9 months old now). It will be a hoot. I learned something this weekend: Camping in the mountains in May is too early for meslaphead The days are nice...the nights just toooooo coooold yet (brrr). I need some hot tub time too bigsmile

jemare's photo
Mon 06/02/14 10:36 AM
I don't always give, I don't always take. It takes both for a good, balanced, relationship. But it's easy to give as good as you get bigsmile

jemare's photo
Tue 05/27/14 09:45 PM
I'm listening Zee....I just don't always hear it the same way it's spoken :smile: bigsmile But when I talk to myself, I always hear it correctly slaphead :laughing: Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

jemare's photo
Sat 05/24/14 10:46 PM
Well it's after midnight so I can say....Good Morning Everyone laugh I've had a guest this week. She left for home yesterday. I was so glad to catch up with her. Seems like when you don't see someone for a while, and they're close to your heart, time doesn't matter. You can leave off and start up like it was yesterday bigsmile They should have a "call an old friend day".

jemare's photo
Sun 05/18/14 07:31 AM
Congrats on the great grandma. What great news. Sounds like you're having a wonderful weekend. I can't complain about my weekend. Always nice when a relative can come to visit, even better when the weather cooperates. Have fun weekend guys.

jemare's photo
Sun 05/18/14 07:15 AM
Zeeeee....you skeered me surprised So happy to see you back, you did just press the wrong key again didn't you slaphead and I actually get the full sunday brunch instead of leftovers today bigsmile drinker

jemare's photo
Fri 05/16/14 07:41 AM
My hair has always been fine (thin)....Thank goodness for hairspray when I need it to look thicker :wink: laugh You can burst my bubble, I keep several of those soap containers and wands around for the kiddies I babysit now and then laugh I'm a good "bubble maker" biggrin

jemare's photo
Fri 05/16/14 07:36 AM
I had never heard of his story. So sad, yet so inspiring. Even after death his acts of courage and selflessness live on.

jemare's photo
Fri 05/16/14 07:25 AM
OMG...I went to e-mail Zee just to say a quick hi since she hadn't been on in a bit (unlike my lurking self, she's pretty steady here). She's deactivatedwhat surprised I hope it's only because she's busy at working. Miss you already Zee sad Get back here soon. flowerforyou

jemare's photo
Thu 05/15/14 09:41 PM
Who rocks? ^^^^^she rocks^^^ (and she's spot on with this topic). waving shades

jemare's photo
Thu 05/15/14 09:31 PM
And the hair loss....seems my shower clogs alot easier nowgrumble They say after menopause your hair will start to grow thick again? (that's my theory and I'm sticking to it)bigsmile

jemare's photo
Thu 05/15/14 09:21 PM
Edited by jemare on Thu 05/15/14 09:25 PM

It's Thursday after midnight and all is well....er... make that: Early friday morning and all is wellslaphead Now where did I put that bell?

jemare's photo
Tue 05/13/14 12:20 PM
Wow, I haven't had tuna noodle casserole in years. I used to bake it with lots of cheddar cheese on top. Even cold the next day was good drool Geez, now I'm craving slaphead

jemare's photo
Tue 05/13/14 12:11 PM
My gardens are flowers, but I do have some berry bushes,strawberries, a plum tree and a peach tree. They take care of themselves bigsmile For veggies I only have enough space for a 4ft x 4ft box frustrated But I have two cherry tomato plants and one patio tomato plant in there planted as of the other day :banana:

jemare's photo
Tue 05/13/14 12:05 PM
Well, I logged on to see that the Texan minglers were ok after seeing all of the flooding on the weather channel.... and find out that it's Viv's Birthday shocked I guess I'm in time for some Birthday cake drool

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Oh, and I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day too flowerforyou

jemare's photo
Tue 05/13/14 11:49 AM
Afternoon everybody flowerforyou Things are slowing down a bit so I hope to do less lurking and more typing. All those jello shot and doughnut pics (a few pages back), got me to thinking think ....Hmmmm...I wonder if you could soak some fruit spread in some rum for a while and then make some doughnuts and then fill them with the fruit spread? Could make for an interesting breakfast on a slow weekend :laughing:

jemare's photo
Tue 05/13/14 11:26 AM
Yep, a long road, but so worth it in the end. At the end you get health benefits and when you think about the cost....a few (or lots) of money saved. Keep up the hard work. Side note: I'm not a smoker, but have seen family members try to quit often over the years and how hard they struggled.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25