Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/19/12 05:40 PM

I founded and run a pit bull rescue. I have 4 kids that help me everyday to feed, train, love and care for the pits in our rescue. We not only adopt them as pets but also train for search/rescue and service therapy for the disabled. And NO, We have never had a pit bite any of us either. That is always the first question from people who dont know any different than what the media shows them. We take stray pits, pits from the pound and pits straight from animal cruelty to vested working dogs. I work everyday to help change their image but you cant help the fact that some people will always be ignorant. Instead of spending my time arguing with people about this subject, I spend my days with my vested working pits finding lost children and elderly, visiting schools,libraries,elderly homes, orphanages, and hospitals. I suggest all pit lovers do the same. Instead of wasting time arguing start a pet food drive for your local pit bull shelter or even volunteer. To much time and energy is wasted arguing over this subject, instead use your time and energy in a positive way for the breed.

Yay!!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/19/12 05:37 PM
Edited by EquusDancer on Thu 01/19/12 05:38 PM
Some shade of blue. Or green.

But really, couldn't do one color. Definitely not white! Beige, tans would bother me. And no orange.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/19/12 05:29 PM
Female
Ennis, TX
Likes animals. (Okay, not really a secret) contemplating getting a couple of geese, since my last one died a couple of years ago. LOL!

Okay, secret, secret... I graduated a year early?!! LOL! Fuzzy, fleecy blanket fetish!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 01/15/12 12:59 PM
Claimed by a Vampire by Rachel Lee.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 01/15/12 12:57 PM
Considering modern times is basically far more open to all things, religion isn't in as much control, and education is considered a basic right, it would kind of be silly to say that art is repressed, and our IQ's haven't gotten higher in general.

I've found that the "indigo children" tends to be more of an excuse to not discipline one's children (in ANY form or fashion), and basically allow them to run rampant over others. No basic manners, no basic civility or respect for others, be the child "normal" or autistic, ADD, ADHD, or any other problem. Basically, they're maniacal brats whose parents didn't parent.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 01/14/12 03:34 PM
Congrats on your new one! They are wonderful dogs!

But in fairness, the racing part isn't bad, its the greed part that is the problem.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 01/13/12 04:48 PM
We have the basic TV shows at home. I watch maybe 4 shows on TV. I'm so dang tired of the commercials. I do love Netflix, even as DVD's through the mail. I end up Netflixing everything, and catch up that way. No commercials rock!!

No way I'd waste money on cable.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 01/13/12 04:46 PM
The Loner: Inferno by J.A. Johnstone

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 01/13/12 04:45 PM
Shoot, I wouldn't even know where to start. It's part of why I love books so much, is I always take something of them to heart.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 01/13/12 04:39 PM

Hell, sweet loveable family dogs like a lab will snap.
Bunny wabbits will snap.
Human beans will snap.

I guess my point is feed them, love them and treat them right and all animals, including the human variety will snap less often.
but none of those animals will snap you to death..

Humans snap and do kill, and have a far higher death count!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/12/12 06:11 PM

2011 dog bite fatalities
31 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2011. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 650 U.S. cities, pit bulls led these attacks accounting for 71% (22). Pit bulls make up less than 5% of the total U.S. dog population.
The year 2011 also marks an increase in pet pit bulls killing their owners. Of the 8 total instances this year in which a family dog inflicted fatal injury to its primary caretaker, the dog's owner, 88% (7) involved pet pit bulls.

I don't believe that Pit Bulls or any other pet should be illegal, but if your pet hurts or kills another person, you should be prosecuted.

I want DNA tests on these dogs. I'd bet 3/4ths, if not more, aren't actually pit bulls, but are other breeds altogether. Our news sources aren't exactly the brightest groups running around and are more then willing to label a vicious dog attack as a pit bull.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/animals/files/2011/01/pitbullposter.jpg

You are still in the "Denial" stage, with any luck you'll move on through the other four stages and come to accept that Pit Bulls are the most dangerous breed of dog.

Hardly, having grown up with various breeds of dogs, I'd personally go with Great Pyrenees as the worst. My APBT doesn't rank anywhere near them on the vicious scale, my own, that is.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/12/12 05:34 PM

I always have to show my voter id and DL.

Yeah, for me it's one or the other here. The driver's license is a plus with the picture part, but small town, and someone can verify who I am! LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/12/12 05:33 PM

Actually, it's an ID they don't want them to have to show.

Not a voter ID card. I have a voter ID card. It was issued when I registered. I don't have to use it. I just tell them what my name is and they look me up on the record. I sign it and go.

I want them to ask for all of our drivers license or ID card, if I don't drive.

People should show some sort of valid ID.

I agree!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/12/12 05:19 PM
I don't get this, I really don't.

I have the little card thingie, but on a couple of occassions they've happily used my driver's license. Why do we need a whole other card, why not just use the driver's license?!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/12/12 05:14 PM
Having dated several Christians, and personally being an atheist, it never worked for me. So, I now intentionally won't date Christians, or Jews or Muslims. Just really not gonna deal with the hassle.

A pagan or atheist, maybe Buddhist might be doable.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/12/12 05:08 PM
Edited by EquusDancer on Thu 01/12/12 05:09 PM

2011 dog bite fatalities
31 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2011. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 650 U.S. cities, pit bulls led these attacks accounting for 71% (22). Pit bulls make up less than 5% of the total U.S. dog population.
The year 2011 also marks an increase in pet pit bulls killing their owners. Of the 8 total instances this year in which a family dog inflicted fatal injury to its primary caretaker, the dog's owner, 88% (7) involved pet pit bulls.

I don't believe that Pit Bulls or any other pet should be illegal, but if your pet hurts or kills another person, you should be prosecuted.

I want DNA tests on these dogs. I'd bet 3/4ths, if not more, aren't actually pit bulls, but are other breeds altogether. Our news sources aren't exactly the brightest groups running around and are more then willing to label a vicious dog attack as a pit bull.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/animals/files/2011/01/pitbullposter.jpg

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/12/12 04:56 PM

After feeding this dog babies for the last two months, these photos were snapped seconds before my face was bit off...

Oh, the horror!! LMAO!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/12/12 04:51 PM
Tarot is really lovely, but I can't get the feel for it. I have several decks however.

I also have the Animal Medicine Cards, and a couple of Goddess decks. Really like them. I go i detail with the Medicine Cards, but usually pull one card with the Goddesses.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 01/12/12 04:45 PM

I use it quite a bit because it's very easy to engrave straight lines. Almost all of my engravings are signed in Futhark.

So what do you make?!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 01/10/12 06:04 PM
There are several different breeds that get lumped as "pit bulls", so technically, you are all correct. Heck, even the American Bulldog is considered a "pit-type" dog.

And yes, as with the Cordoba fighting dog, humans had to breed aggressive to more aggressive, which would still end up being nurture. It's very unlikely, given nature, that the breed would have naturally come in to existence that aggressive.

That said, I can say from personal experience, Dogo Argentino's are WONDERFUL dogs, and I'd happily have one again.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25