Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 01/10/12 05:47 PM
While I don't intentionally and specifically go for "manly" men, guys who can actually do things tend to grab and hold my attention better. Farmers, construction types, etc. Someone who is willing to get down and dirty, and isn't lazy about it. So I guess the laziness is probably the bigger issue for me. The more feminine men really don't hold me for long, because they're usually squeamish about things.

That said, my DAD made sure I was able to do things, including basic upkeep in the house. I have my own power tools, do basic construction, plumbing, and electrical stuff and can change the car tires, basics there, and oil. It's a heck of a lot cheaper to do it oneself! Now, I prefer to hire someone out for plumbing and electric. And if my brother happens to be changing mom's oil on her car, I'll ask nicely and he'll usually do my car. LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 01/10/12 05:08 PM

I personally see marriage as antiquated and completely unnecessary. It's an outdated relic of a time when women were considered property -- she changes her last name to his name as a sign she is now "his."

While it's true that there are places in the world which are still backwards enough to discriminate against children of unmarried parents -- never mind that the children came into the world through no fault of their own -- there will hopefully come a time when people are smart enough to see past religious agendas and the no-win black hole of societal expectation.

If people want to get married, they should -- it hurts no one, and it's nobody else's business. I'd be inclined to say the same of those who practice phrenology.

I'm completely in favor of gay marriage, by the way. Why should straight people be the only ones who know the true meaning of misery?

I'm so with you on this..although I would say that the one benefit of marriage is when it comes to equitable (and some may laugh) division of property/assets.

This is a very real concern. I'm sitting on some potentially lucrative intellectual property and I'll be damned if I'm going to share it with a deceptive domesticatrix.

I'm surprised you haven't contacted a lawyer, Lex, and gotten information on pre-nups. I know I certainly would, even now, for simple stuff like the animals and books. I won't dare risk getting screwed over, by an ex, married or not.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 01/10/12 04:59 PM

I actually write fairly fluently in Eldar Futhark, so much so that I jot down my building check notes (details of my job,) in Futhark.

I've had to catch myself from doing that. Especially short stuff, writing on boxes for work. LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 01/10/12 04:55 PM
We've been rainy here, sadly.

And I snagged this! LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 01/08/12 01:57 PM

Thanks for posting those! I'm going through horse withdrawal right now. Can't even ride because I don't currently have a car, and I had to sell my horse before coming out here (Utah). My mare did exactly the same thing after her bath, she would roll IMMEDIATELY. Once we literally couldn't count to 5 before she was down. And . . . she was a grey. . . .Sigh.

My sympathies! Even if I don't get out for a ride, I can get out for some loving and petting! I moved in to the city for 4 years, and while I saw Chance when I came home to visit, it was still hard. Moving back to the country did wonders for me.

Greys are beauties too. One of the neighbors had 3 greys in their pasture. It was a nice change from all the browns in this area.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 01/08/12 01:55 PM
Excellent! :-D Love my pittie, brat though he is!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 01/08/12 01:46 PM

Mine are never detailed either. To do that I'd have to write them down and I'm terrible at that. I wing it all the time. Pretty much. My rituals are more like the fact that I try to go to the beach as close to the summer solstice as possible. Things like that.

I love reading about other religion's rituals. I almost always find something that I can relate to.

I was reading a book on how to write rituals, very formalized, not my thing, but still interesting. One of the descriptions of a ritual was doing it all in silence by creating the communication with your body. I thought that interesting, and may try it. It was a basic Wiccan ritual, but could easily be converted to however one wanted to do it.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 01/08/12 01:28 PM

New Years day, without exception, I eat black eyed peas and cornbread.

Its for good luck, or at least it is to stave off bad luck.

We did the black eyed peas thing too. Stopped doing it after the year mom was diagnosed with MS. Mom was the one who really pushed it, no one else likes black eyed peas. Bleck.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 01/07/12 12:41 PM
I don't have any really detailed rituals, but do try and take time, even 15 minutes to stop, be still, and enjoy a few specific days.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 01/06/12 05:12 PM

I noticed some of the comments before I read the article. So at first I thought ya'll were being bloodthirsty, and that Dragonness was the only person responding with compassion. Then I read the article:

.... Her husband had died from lung cancer on Christmas Day...
One of the men...is believed to have been stalking her since her husband’s death. ABC news reports that McKinley barricaded herself in her bedroom with the baby and guns. When Martin kicked down the bedroom door.... and came after her with the knife, the teen mom shot and killed the 24-year-old."

I mean...wow. He had a chance to rob the place and get out, if that's what he was after. He had just kicked the door down and came at her with a knife.

Shooting him was absolutely the right thing to do. The situations in which lethal force is truly justified (imo) are very rare. This is definitely one of them.

‘You’re allowed to shoot an unauthorized person that is in your home.

I'm guessing that varies by the state.

They said she had barricaded the door with a couch and it took him 20 minutes to get through. He was most definitely going after her, and it wasn't just a grab the drugs and run.

I give her credit.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 01/06/12 05:04 PM
The Books of Enoch by Joseph Lumpkin

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 01/06/12 04:58 PM

Those are some beautiful photos!
Gotta love how coloured horses just know how to work the dust right into their white patches.

Geez! I never realized how hard it was to keep the white patches white till I bathed him! I was muttering and cussing scrubbing him down, and just eventually laughed. Later I really cussed him out when he flopped and rolled after I turned him loose.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 12/31/11 02:05 PM
Side Jobs by Jim Butcher

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 12/31/11 02:02 PM
Interesting. My favorites are all over the place, but my SATS were above 1250 when I took them.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 12/28/11 02:40 PM
Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/25/11 08:06 PM

As many "John Carter of Mars" novellettes I can find for getting ready for the movie in March.

I've been contemplating getting the omnibuses on Amazon, but they're currently running anywhere from 30-70 bucks.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/25/11 03:17 PM
Hammered by Kevin Hearne (Bk. 3)

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/25/11 09:03 AM

Whats in the horns I wonder. I dont see any glasses....or guns...could be anything I reckon, depending on the severity of your family.

Any kind of drink you want, usually alchoholic. LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/25/11 09:02 AM

Shalom..

I was wondering are those Rams Horns?

2.. If they are do they have a cover with a ball for the mouth piece? Blessings of Shalom..Miles

Usually mead horns tend to be cow horns. I'm sure some have been made out of ram horns though.

I've never seen any with mouthpiece covers. Usually they're used like a glass, rather then a storage flask. The owner may create a stand for them to lean against if they get set down, but usually they're empty. :-)

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/25/11 08:55 AM
Hexed by Kevin Hearne (Bk. 2)

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25