Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/04/11 08:33 AM
Depends how long we've been together. Usually a card, something humorous. Anything longer would be a gift of some sort.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/04/11 08:32 AM
Why would this be a problem? If you weren't losing the house, and she was paying everything and you chose not to ask about it 20 years ago, then it's kind of a moot point!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/04/11 08:31 AM
Funny enough, I haven't really thought about that. I'm drawn more to a physically strong guy then one not so, but specific professions don't affect me. I have no interest in the men who are so musclebound, they look grotesque, veins sitting on top of muscles, and well, just yuck! I like the lean runner, swimmer type guy, or one who can actually do physical work.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/04/11 08:25 AM
Within the Flames by Marjorie Liu, then War Horse by Michael Morpurgo

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/04/11 08:20 AM

Having one of those days, and was just wondering:
Who is the greater corward, the man who stands on the bridge and jumps, or the one that stands on the bridge but can't?

The one who wants to take out as many people as possible before just doing themselves in is the greatest coward.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 12/04/11 05:44 AM

Yes but you're telling me God decided to punish women by making it hurt? That's pretty chauvanistic don't you think?

"chauvanistic"...

Or perhaps just the stumbling attempt by a primitive man to expain why his woman hurt so much in birthing.

A child understands not the world around him. (in the same way he will when time passes)

Actually, if you talk to women who give birth squatting, with gravity helping bring the baby out, it hurts far less. Giving birth flat on one's back is actually unnatural and causes more pain then necessary. However, our somewhat less primitive cultures, but other deity based were "evil" and wrong, and so the conquering cultures, men, even interfered with those arraignments.

The birthing process and how we have changed that for the worse, is a topic all its' own lol. But I won't get into that here.

It is. But my point was with regards to changes made by a culture with this kind of religious viewpoint and how it has actually helped damage and control women more. Childbirth doesn't have to be painful, and the story of God punishing women can be negated if women took the initiative and made the change back. You are controlled by what you want to be controlled by. If that control and story claims women should suffer, then women will. And apparently willingly.

And to another comment made about women who use drugs and such to get around the pain, I know 2 church groups in the area who do believe that is absolutely wrong, and will evict their churchmembers who use it. God wants women punished, and women had better understand that!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 12/03/11 11:09 AM

Try dogfoodadvisor.com It gives a star rating for tons of different brands, dry and wet. Science Diet doesn't actually rank very well. Due to grain issues and allergies with mine I was able to hunt down and find some quality food for my 3 without breaking the bank. You'll have to cut back and ignore the begging. I did with my old girl, and she's dropped about 10 lbs, looks far better, is way more active and frisky, and she's 12.

Thanks... i found that site when i googled the food. THe food she is on isnt reccomended because it has a lower meat content then most foods on its level. And some are a bit up in the air because it uses avocados.... my dog loved it for a couple days when i mixed it in with her old food... so i bought a big bag and was going to start weening her off her old food, but now she wont eat it... trying to figure out if she will eat it somehow, or if i just wasted $60 on food... just want to get at least half way thru this bag i bought before moving on to a different brand...

I got lucky. I found my gang likes the Costco brand - Kirklands Dry dog food. More meat, less corn and grain. And $24 or $28 a bag, depending on whether I go chicken or lamb and rice. It's fun trying to figure out what will and will not work. Not!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 12/03/11 11:03 AM

LMAO! This came across my FB page! Hehehehe!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 12/03/11 11:00 AM

Hey all,
Heartbreacker would like to be in!She asked me to give her add to all who need it! for she has moved since last year.She has no internet at this time.
And would to have me pass on the add's to her if that would be ok?
Let me know if you are all good with this,and I will give you the add!

Sure can, wolfchic, drop me a line

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 12/03/11 09:31 AM

Yes but you're telling me God decided to punish women by making it hurt? That's pretty chauvanistic don't you think?

"chauvanistic"...

Or perhaps just the stumbling attempt by a primitive man to expain why his woman hurt so much in birthing.

A child understands not the world around him. (in the same way he will when time passes)

Actually, if you talk to women who give birth squatting, with gravity helping bring the baby out, it hurts far less. Giving birth flat on one's back is actually unnatural and causes more pain then necessary. However, our somewhat less primitive cultures, but other deity based were "evil" and wrong, and so the conquering cultures, men, even interfered with those arraignments.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 12/03/11 05:29 AM

You know I always wanted to escape from this maddning world. And I have thought about it seriously.

But here are a few thoughts for you that popped into my brain.

1: What happens when the horse(s) need new saddles, bridels, shoes? Are you taking someone that knows how to make a horse shoe, work a new saddle?
2: I see by your profile photo you wear glasses.
What happens when in a few years you need a different prescription? You can't see? Pop into a near by town and expect to see a doctor the same day?
3: Pots and pans and metal equipment wear out. Are you just going to get back on the grid to go to a store and buy new ones?

I am sure you can hunt, grow your own food, but what about weave cloth to make your own clothes? The days of the tin smith, glass blower and ferrier are long gone.

A group of people need things to survive. Those things need replacing, carried when you move around, and stored, are you going to have enough people with those talents to do all that? Living off the land is one thing, living off the grid another. JMO

I wish you the best.

All very good points, though I will slightly disagree with the farrier part. Its not that hard to learn to do the basics. I haven't bothered to actually have a horse shod in over 20 years, despite what type of ground I was on, and what I was doing with the horses, and have never had any issues because of it. Basic trims and upkeep, good nutrition is what helps the most.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 12/03/11 05:18 AM

I dont wanna spend my life alone, so yes, my long time friends an I have been planning the "out" for a while. I dont belive that a group of established couples constitutes being in a rat race.

I do however like the idea of the oil rig nation of our own...

Perhaps a mouse race then. Still to many people involved if you truly want to get away from it all, IMO. I know its why I've never cared for or been interested in the commune type lifestyle. Too many people involved in making decisions even on a small scale.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:59 PM

I'm against irrational relationships.

rofl rofl

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:55 PM

I Want the call so I can have the opportunity to decline the visit if I have something else I was planning or am in the middle of, or if I just dont happen to be in the right mood for it,,,,

This. My house is clean enough. That's not my problem. But my friends know to call first, and the guy better learn quick.

Of course, I never have anyone just "drop by" when I need help. Conveniently, THAT never happens. And they're sure quick to skedaddle when I ask for help.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:50 PM
No problem here with it.

Personally, I haven't found anyone of another race particularly appealing however.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:47 PM
Unreal!!!

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:31 PM

I try not to be so superficial... but honestly, what do you notice about someone when you first meet them? You dont know their inner-beauty... Its easier on places like this where you talk to them a long time before seeing them in person (tho the pictures do still help with the initial attraction)... Does my guy have to be a perfect 10? no, because i'm sure as hell not!... but i do have to be physically attracted to them...

This is how I view it, especially with regards to dating. Friends I get to know, and the physical attraction isn't so important.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:22 PM

In the legal sense? No. But, I have had more than one ex boyfriend spend a bit too much time tracking me after our breakup for a while.

This. The screwy ex.

I have no qualms about using a shotgun, and have told anyone who thought about it that I would use it. They go away, far away. Usually I tell any possible problems while I'm holding a pitchfork. They take me seriously.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:19 PM

I am seriously thinking of selling my house, driving off to the s.w. area, buying a horse an other needed items,then leavin into the wilderness. I have made plans w/ several other families{we are up to ten people now} to do the same. The money ya get from the sale of the homes would pay for travel expences and supplies to leave with. It would also leave quite a bit in the bank for the old years if we didnt die in the wilderness. this has been heavily discussed,an planned rite down to the last piece of dried corn. But am looking for potencial location...want to see seasons...but not have 20 degree below zero winters...any suggestions???

You want to leave the rat race, yet take at least 10 people with you?! Kinda negates the point!

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 12/02/11 02:05 PM

This is a pic of me and Pete taken today. I LOVE Pete! But he's a little too big for me laugh

What a sweetie!

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25