Community > Posts By > creationsfire

creationsfire's photo
Fri 06/20/08 01:55 PM
Thank you for the support. flowerforyou

creationsfire's photo
Fri 06/20/08 01:13 PM
I took mine, I took mine!!! How do you like me new pic? Hahahaha.

DD, I have found the ultimate knife holder.........

creationsfire's photo
Fri 06/20/08 11:55 AM

omg Roy, you really do have a stressful job. I know the good ones make up for it though. My aunt is an RN and works in nursing homes. She has had several operations on he shoulder and knees from all the lifting. I think she has to do it by herself most of the time. Hope you can get a vaction soon. In the mean time would it be against the rule to get the woof woof lady a dog chewey? LOL. Wouldn't hurt her and would save the alarms.

He that endures to the end the same shall be vacated. Being crazy myself I like being with crazy people. They help me to take the stress away from being with people who aren't crazy. I have had to learn not to try to do it all by myself. I have had to learn how to ask for help just like the residents have had to learn. The nice thing about having a good partner is it is ok to ask for help and ok for your partner to ask you for help. If you are human you have the ability to hurt yourself and others if you aren't careful. When working as a team the team can benefit because two sets of eyes can see more than one and three sets of eyes can see more than two. It is easier to lift as a team, too if the team lifts in unison. I am learning a lot from the nurses who are residents now. They may be over 80 years old but they still have a lot to teach and I listen to them. I am glad we have them. A lot has changed since they were actual nurses in terms of how the state does things now because state rules have changed and I think the state should take that into account. It has taken many eyes to see through the contradictory rules of the state but their simple advice gives me many answers to help me deal with the complicated state rules. It is just so much easier to do my job when the state gets off our backs and just lets us do our jobs.

Well, I think she would love to have help but the from what I understand they are understaffed. Im sure she is not afraid to ask for help if it was available. She's a pretty smart cookie and a glutton for punishment. She keeps going back after her serguries. She loves her job like you do. She hasn't had one suergury this or last year so she must be doing something right. lol

creationsfire's photo
Fri 06/20/08 08:46 AM
wonder woman was sun bathing naked on a roof top. Superman flew over and though well I can fly down there and get some so fast she will never know...so he does. Wonder woman says what the hell was that? The invisible man says I dont know but all of a sudden my ass hurts!:tongue:

creationsfire's photo
Fri 06/20/08 08:37 AM
Well, 51 days & counting......I think things are coming along well, and it gets easier every dayflowerforyou

creationsfire's photo
Fri 06/20/08 07:46 AM
Gargle with salt water. Sea salt is best but table salt is what my mom always had me use.

Water as hot as you can stand it, salt ( as much as you can stand the flavor of as strong as you can stand it)

mix, gargle and repeat as many times a day as you can.

Dr told me that salt promotes healing by stimulating the nerve reseptors and you body reacting by producing more white blood cells, and helps with pain.

Anasthetic throat spray helps after as well......Wal Greens or better yet, Wally World.

We didnt have a lot of money when I was a kid, so I never got the throat spray till I was on my own....but the salt water always did the trick with in about two days.

Good luck.

creationsfire's photo
Thu 06/19/08 11:15 AM

you said 'I don't know how any of you that makes those comments can even live with your selfs say these types of things etc'

the comment you made above is a bit harsh. thats the sort of things people say in a much more serious matter

also you said this

sorry I am not a millionair and can't affored things you can.

well im certainly not a millionaire, and i cant work due to my health and i still pay vets bills. i just do without things, if she needs to go to the vets.

Debbie if i'm not mistaken your not even in the US ?
Things must be different here because there are no free clinics (atleast not in my area).
Unfortunatley we can't plan when our pets become ill . If someone has no money in there pockets how do you suggest they magically get money to take a pet to the vet in an emergency situation ?
This doesn't make someone a bad pet owner to fall on financial hard time . :angry:

weve had all our pets insured, then you get no big bill if somethings wrong, you just pay a very small amount every month. if you have a pet you must be sure you can afford vets fees. and if he cant afford it,he should find a free clinic.

I've never heard of pet insurance ??
Then only sort of free clinic i've heard of is a county run animal shelter/pound where I had to take my dog to be euthanized . If she had been treatable in order for her to recieve free medical care I would have to sign her over to the county and wouldn't be allowed to take her home .

There are no free clinic's around me. I know that for sure as I have had to take my pets to the vet. I looked online and called the shelter where I got my pets. There are low cost vets but if there has been a financial problem that was unexpected, well there is little you can do.
I myself have put a couple of bills off and called the debtors and made payment arrangements. That might be something you can look into. They don't ask why you need to do that. They just make the arrangements.
I ma disabled and have the option to have pet insurance. After all is said and done, if I did that I woulld have paid more than if my pet had had to be taken to the vet. And you have to pay a deductable before they will pay. It is only good if there is an extreme emergency, not ordinary pet care.
You can't compare this to a child because hospitals are required to treat you in an emergency wether you can pay or not. They bill you. That is not the case with vets and if anyone knows of a vet that will, I would like to know if there is one in my area (its in my profile)......I know of all the low cost ones. I have one that will see me on a walk in basis for $25. But that doesn't cover meds or treatments.
There should be no harsh judgements, and I think I know how hard it can be when this happens, because it has. So check into payment arrangements with a debtor and see if you can get her to the vet asap. I know how it is when you are doing well finacially and then fall into a very deep hole you weren't expecting. It is not like all people just up and get a pet when they can't even pay thier bills. Sh!t happens. You might have been doing just fine and had all the money you needed to take you pet to the vet before you had whatever problems you are having. That is understandable with the ecomnomy that way it is. Just do the best you can.
If you can't, and I'm glad she is making recovery, then just comfort as much as possible and look some things up online. You might find that there are home remedies that might help. They may not cure but might make your pet more comfortable during the illness.
Hope this helps and good luck. We are not all bad and most of the posts were encourageing and most of them were backing you up, so just know that we are not all heartless bastards, ok?

well if my pet was sick and i couldnt afford the vets fees, i would be ringing around everywhere to find someone who could help me.i know there arnt many free clinics, but what other choice do you have, find a free clinic even though there might be a lot of travelling, or watch you pet suffering, i wouldnt do the last one. jmo flowerforyou

I belive there were suggestions on how to work with debtors and come up with soem money and to call the local shelter to find low cost vets...."ringin around" was suggested and I know that if that was the case, and it was for me, I DID. And my pets are healthy and fine now. They had kennel cough which is very hard to get rid of. I had to treat BOTH my dogs and hope that it wouldn't give my parrot a cold. I know exaclty what it is like to "ring around" and he may do that as well if his dog takes another turn for the worse. Suggestion that are feasible are needed. I gave them, and ways to try to make his pet comfortable. Sometimes, people just don't know what to do because they are distressed. They need some suggestions that are valid and feasible. Checking online for comforting remedies, possibly free clinic (which I never heard of one here) or low cost clinics. Giving up the dog to the shelter is like a death sentence here. And they will not usually let you have your pet back if they do make a recovery or let you be with them when they are put down. I think we have all given him some good advice that he can work with.......flowerforyou

creationsfire's photo
Thu 06/19/08 10:55 AM
Edited by creationsfire on Thu 06/19/08 10:59 AM

you said 'I don't know how any of you that makes those comments can even live with your selfs say these types of things etc'

the comment you made above is a bit harsh. thats the sort of things people say in a much more serious matter

also you said this

sorry I am not a millionair and can't affored things you can.

well im certainly not a millionaire, and i cant work due to my health and i still pay vets bills. i just do without things, if she needs to go to the vets.

Debbie if i'm not mistaken your not even in the US ?
Things must be different here because there are no free clinics (atleast not in my area).
Unfortunatley we can't plan when our pets become ill . If someone has no money in there pockets how do you suggest they magically get money to take a pet to the vet in an emergency situation ?
This doesn't make someone a bad pet owner to fall on financial hard time . :angry:

weve had all our pets insured, then you get no big bill if somethings wrong, you just pay a very small amount every month. if you have a pet you must be sure you can afford vets fees. and if he cant afford it,he should find a free clinic.

I've never heard of pet insurance ??
Then only sort of free clinic i've heard of is a county run animal shelter/pound where I had to take my dog to be euthanized . If she had been treatable in order for her to recieve free medical care I would have to sign her over to the county and wouldn't be allowed to take her home .

There are no free clinic's around me. I know that for sure as I have had to take my pets to the vet. I looked online and called the shelter where I got my pets. There are low cost vets but if there has been a financial problem that was unexpected, well there is little you can do.
I myself have put a couple of bills off and called the debtors and made payment arrangements. That might be something you can look into. They don't ask why you need to do that. They just make the arrangements.
I ma disabled and have the option to have pet insurance. After all is said and done, if I did that I woulld have paid more than if my pet had had to be taken to the vet. And you have to pay a deductable before they will pay. It is only good if there is an extreme emergency, not ordinary pet care.
You can't compare this to a child because hospitals are required to treat you in an emergency wether you can pay or not. They bill you. That is not the case with vets and if anyone knows of a vet that will, I would like to know if there is one in my area (its in my profile)......I know of all the low cost ones. I have one that will see me on a walk in basis for $25. But that doesn't cover meds or treatments.
There should be no harsh judgements, and I think I know how hard it can be when this happens, because it has. So check into payment arrangements with a debtor and see if you can get her to the vet asap. I know how it is when you are doing well finacially and then fall into a very deep hole you weren't expecting. It is not like all people just up and get a pet when they can't even pay thier bills. Sh!t happens. You might have been doing just fine and had all the money you needed to take you pet to the vet before you had whatever problems you are having. That is understandable with the ecomnomy that way it is. Just do the best you can.
If you can't, and I'm glad she is making recovery, then just comfort as much as possible and look some things up online. You might find that there are home remedies that might help. They may not cure but might make your pet more comfortable during the illness.
Hope this helps and good luck. We are not all bad and most of the posts were encourageing and most of them were backing you up, so just know that we are not all heartless bastards, ok?

creationsfire's photo
Wed 06/18/08 05:18 PM

meaning of life is? Sum it up in 2-3 sentences.

It's just a bunch of stuff that happens, or doesn't happen. It has no inherent meaning whatsoever; the "meaning" is nothing more or less than that which we arbitrarily decide to attribute to it. We, our lives, our world, are no more meaningful than a wisp of frozen methane and ammonia on the surface of Neptune.

Now I'm depressed. I've just been compared to a frozen fart.

laugh laugh laugh

laugh The truth sometimes hurts, or at lthe very least conffuzzles us.laugh

creationsfire's photo
Wed 06/18/08 11:27 AM

Had a good night and worked 13. Got a second written verbal notice but this time I talked myself out of it. Showed this second nurse how the resident was disabling his own alarm. That nurse also agreed with me that it was impossible for me to be in two places at the same time. The nurse also gave in when she found out that the resident I was to be in trouble for was not in my section. We did go head to head at one point when she told me that instead of the written verbal she could just suspend me for three days. She got her point across to me. She let me cool off and I told I was okay with it. It did bring some positive changes as the resident got a mattress to lay on instead of a high bed she could fall out of. Got one resident who is now barking like a dog. She goes woof woof. Had one of the alarms in her mouth because she thought it was a bone. Hope the vacation comes soon. I really need it.:smile:

omg Roy, you really do have a stressful job. I know the good ones make up for it though. My aunt is an RN and works in nursing homes. She has had several operations on he shoulder and knees from all the lifting. I think she has to do it by herself most of the time. Hope you can get a vaction soon. In the mean time would it be against the rule to get the woof woof lady a dog chewey? LOL. Wouldn't hurt her and would save the alarms.

creationsfire's photo
Tue 06/17/08 01:03 PM
Edited by creationsfire on Tue 06/17/08 01:12 PM
I've been told you are good, so thought you might do me a fav and tell me what is going on in my romance dept in general, and then specifically with John........thanks

Karen

creationsfire's photo
Mon 06/16/08 07:20 PM
It took me 1 1/2 years and tons of paperwork and an attorney to get on SSI. I think she IS taking the easy way out. SSI is damned hard to get and if you know someone who knows how to waltze right in and get something from them, I'd like to know how they do it. I've been on it for a while, but I have worked and gone to college while on it. I never *****ed and moaned, or begged borrowed or stole for anything. She is taking the easy way. Get it fast and free. All she has to do is act like a baby, and be helplessly feeble. She is getting off easy.

creationsfire's photo
Mon 06/16/08 06:57 PM
Edited by creationsfire on Mon 06/16/08 06:57 PM

No -it makes you polite and kind

Yes it does......make you polite and kind

creationsfire's photo
Mon 06/16/08 06:51 PM

obviously... she is lying
....and yes she does have a disability ..I have seen her have mild siezures..I have helped her up off the floor afterwards. I was merely asking opinions...and discussing the situation..sorry if I have irked anyone.

You have not irked anyone I dont't think, jus that we can see that she is obviously causing trouble, no matter what her problems, and using you and everyone else you have mentioned. Seizures are easy to fake. I've seen actors in my daughters troop do it. If she is as good at manipilating with the crying and lying then she could be faking. Just keep that in mind. I really dislike users, handicapped or not. And if I seem irked it is not at you but what is happening to you. I think we all just want to help, but really all the suggestions are about the same. Make her stop or get rid of her. If others want to oblige her tantrums, well let them then, but if it were me, well I would cut her off cold turkey. She wants to use the phone and you say no, make HER go ask the higher ups. You are being way too nice.

creationsfire's photo
Mon 06/16/08 05:36 PM
Edited by creationsfire on Mon 06/16/08 05:37 PM

I think a lot of posters to this topic have already said that that is the case. It is as obvious as the nose on your face and she needs to learn that crying and lying are not going to get her what she wants. If she is lying and crying to the landlord, what the hell do you think she is telling you?

creationsfire's photo
Mon 06/16/08 08:06 AM

Well, atleast he has good taste, Karen.flowerforyou

Awwwwww thanksblushing

creationsfire's photo
Sun 06/15/08 09:12 AM
Edited by creationsfire on Sun 06/15/08 09:12 AM
Welllll, my tea cup chi Charlie turned out to be a chi-weenie and he is getting bigger than Peanut, haha. So much for that, but he is such a good pup, what can I do? He soooooo makes up for it. He and Peenie are getting along now, but she gts a bit frustrated with him like I do too sometimes. He has taken to my bra's! He just loves them. Doesn't chew them up or anything, just likes to drag them around and sleep with them.....wierd ass dog, hahahaha

creationsfire's photo
Sun 06/15/08 08:41 AM
Being disabled I can understand needing help and I am one of the lucky ones who have friends and family who can help when I need it, but never do I take advantage of it.

Now I have never come to the point of eating cat food, but if she is eating cat food and then wants weed, well I think there is something really wrong here, not to mention all the rest of this crap she is throwing at you.

Yes, I said crap. She is playing all of you and although I do agree that social services are assholes and will mess with your life, she needs to learn to manage her own money and life and learn to do without the weed and cigarettes.......

I know I know, that is easier said than done, but it can be done and she doesnt even want to deal with saving the money she needs or working the hours she needs to get by.

This is totally wrong in all respects and I wish I had a good answer for you. I can only say what others say. Tough Love. If she ends up in the hands of social services, then maybe that is where she is supposed to be.

If she cant take care of herself, then she needs to be taken care of, and that is not your responsibility. I hope this helps validate some of your feelings at the very least. I have delt with social services and if handled the right way, they can help in a lot of ways.

creationsfire's photo
Sat 06/14/08 06:37 PM

ohwell My relationships dont make it to anniversarysohwell

Mirror Honey.......Buzz won't mind. I'm pretty sure of that.....it's gonna be ooooooooook:tongue:

creationsfire's photo
Sat 06/14/08 05:43 PM
Meh! Ok, I'll admit it.....I'm here in Fresnoohwell