Community > Posts By > SweetnFunny

SweetnFunny's photo
Sat 02/28/09 02:04 PM

yes I have been and they never got help from me ever again. bigsmile

Same here. drinker

SweetnFunny's photo
Sat 02/28/09 01:59 PM

Please, all you ladies, get yourselves checked for this! That is the reason I'm here. This absolutely hidious disease took my wife from me. If just one of you would be saved by being checked, it would mean the world to me. Thank you, Dan.

flowers

SweetnFunny's photo
Sat 02/28/09 01:52 PM

SweetnFunny
Thinking of you today flowerforyou

Thought you might like this

Love that picture! I wanna put it on a t-shirt. (sorry, I meant to reply to this sooner.)

SweetnFunny's photo
Sat 02/28/09 01:50 PM

Hey Sweets. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. Glad things are going good so far. Keep on fighting! flowerforyou

Thanks! :smile:

SweetnFunny's photo
Sat 02/28/09 01:49 PM

They say laughter is the best medicine, so come on everyone, let's make this woman laugh! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Okay, so here is my first attempt at trying to cheer you up and make you laugh!

Top 10 Reasons That Chemo-Induced Baldness is Awesome

#10: Blonde jokes no longer apply to you.

#9: Increased aerodynamics. (important for runners, sky divers, human
projectiles)

#8: You can finally drive your convertible to work. (no more 'wind-tunnel'
hair-dos)

#7: You've got a blank canvas for new tattoos.

#6: You're now ready to audition for the Blue Man Group.
#5: Time to get a new driver's license...Hair Color: Invisible. (see how
that one goes over with the cop the next time you're pulled over)

#4: Think of the money you'll save...no more barber/hairdresser,
shampoo, hairspray, dandruff medication, hair dye, etc.

#3: Everyone knows that bald people make better lovers. (and if they
don't, perhaps it's time that you showed them)

#2: It distracts attention from your face. (alright, that was completely
uncalled for, you ass)

And the #1 reason that chemo-induced baldness is awesome:

Bald = Sexy (just look at Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, Natalie Portman and Britney
Spears...ok, she's hot in a bald and crazy kind of way)

laugh
I like those. #2,lol! Another good thing, I guess would be I could wear different wigs & be a blond one day, a red head the next, etc.

A friend just recently emailed me a warning not to wear a cream-colored turtleneck if I lose my hair. "You don't wanna look like a busted condom." :tongue:

So far (knock on wood) I've still got my hair. :smile:

SweetnFunny's photo
Sat 02/28/09 01:43 PM

Sounds like you're doing well.
For more laughs......

http://icanhascheezburger.com/

Lots of cute cats with goofy captions, my 15 yr old showed this to me. I laugh for hours.happy

Thanks! I'll check that out. I love lolcats :smile:

SweetnFunny's photo
Wed 02/25/09 12:00 PM
Play a game of sims and kill all the characters off in bizarre ways.

SweetnFunny's photo
Wed 02/25/09 11:57 AM
Just finished the 2nd course today. So far, after 2 infusions, I still have my hair! *happy dance* So that's something good to report.
I'm trying to keep positive. Been watching every comedy and stand-up show I can get my hands on. I love Louis C.K. right now. That guy is funny!!!

Thanks for all the kind words! Reading this thread was like getting a big, bear hug. flowers

SweetnFunny's photo
Tue 02/17/09 12:37 PM
flowerforyou You guys are awesome! flowerforyou Reading your replies really gave me a boost. Thank you!
PacificStar48, yes, that is something I'll be bringing up to the doctor. I know there are anti-nausea drugs out there, and there's got to be one that won't conflict with my other meds.

I'll be starting the first course tomorrow. Don't know when I'll be signing back in after that, but I'll definitely start reading this thread again when I sign back in. :smile:

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 10:07 PM
Floor it and drive it like you stole it til you see a familiar landmark. :tongue:

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 10:01 PM

you do, how do you relax?

Mingle2 forums. laugh

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 09:59 PM

I'm eating a bowl of Oatmeal Squares. It's my favorite cold cereal.

What's your favorite cold cereal?

Lucky charms. Yum!

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 09:56 PM
Thanks everyone. :smile: Man, I can't believe I'm sitting here tearing up at your replies. I think I'm feeling more lonely about it this time cuz Dad's in another state, sis is going through a narcissistic phase, and my friends living nearby are going through some rough stuff of their own.
Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. flowerforyou

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 09:33 PM

without God there is only evil. and by the meaning of fearing the lord our god, it is referring to the fact that he created you and he is your father, much the same as having a fear of your father as a child. not a scared to death fear but a repectful loving fear. also, there is no reason for people to be good on their own with the exception of our court system. people that honestly put their faith in God lean more towards doing good, not because that is what the bible says, but that is where the holy spirit leads us.

just what is holy spirit???

Caspar the friendly ghost draped in vestments? :tongue:

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 09:21 PM
Ok, I’ve been debating whether or not to say anything. I haven’t been on this site for very long. I feel like I’ve gotten to know some of you, though, and consider you my friends. (This is partly a rant and partly to say I won’t be on Mingle2 very often for the next 3-4 months.)

I found out recently that I’m going to be best friends with my oncologist again.
This will be my third date with cancer.
Right now, I’m scared and pissed off. I know what’s coming and I’m NOT looking forward to losing my hair again, puking until I want to scream, being too weak to clean the apt....aaah, the list goes on.
On top of this, I still have 3 portraits I have to finish before I start chemo and I can’t concentrate. I lost both my mom and my grandma to cancer. The rational part of me says, “Ok, you know the drill. You can get through this and beat this again.” The scared part of me wonders if this third time is gonna be the one I can’t beat.
And...I know this isn’t rational or even something I should be worrying about right now (bear with me, my mind’s been going 500 miles an hour in 12 different directions) but another part of me wonders, “Who’s gonna want to date (marry?) someone with that much medical baggage?”

Ok, I think I’m done ranting for the moment, lol. See you all in the threads....if a little less frequently.

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 08:31 PM

According to the witch calendar, Friday will be a good day to initiate the ending to relationships.

Good to know! I've been pondering on what to do with a toxic relative. Maybe Friday's the day to speak my mind. Lol, that would end the relationship. laugh

That would probably work on any day. laugh

True. laugh

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 08:29 PM

Had a couple dates from this site. They didn't work out.
I have, however, met a lot of nice people on the forums & have had some good conversations & laughs. That's part of the reason I'm still here.

thats a great reason to stay!

flowerforyou

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 08:26 PM
Had a couple dates from this site. They didn't work out.
I have, however, met a lot of nice people on the forums & have had some good conversations & laughs. That's part of the reason I'm still here.

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 08:20 PM

According to the witch calendar, Friday will be a good day to initiate the ending to relationships.

Good to know! I've been pondering on what to do with a toxic relative. Maybe Friday's the day to speak my mind. Lol, that would end the relationship. laugh

SweetnFunny's photo
Mon 02/16/09 08:06 PM

As income tax time approaches, did you ever notice: When you put the two words 'The' and 'IRS' together, it spells
'THEIRS'?"

You've seen my tax return? sad

flowerforyou
I think the IRS should start providing astroglide free of charge. Then maybe it won't hurt so much when I pay my taxes this yr. laugh :tongue:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25