SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž's photo
Tue 01/23/24 03:35 PM
11C sun in the morning, then cloudy. And windy.
Wind got stronger in the evening and right now the gust are really strong, as forecast.

Mon 01/22/24 11:24 AM

I'll check it out on the morrow, a tad too late now, about to go to bed.

Have been watching "Men in kilts: road trip with Sam and Graham".
Them travelling through Scotland. Absolutely wonderful to watch!
I think I've seen that Crystal. Is that the one with the two gay guys?:thinking::thinking:🀷My favourite part of Scotland, is the Isle of Skye. My son's mum preferred the Isle of Arran, Bute and Cumbrae though. :thumbsup::100::sunglasses:

Gay? Hahahaha.
Sam is the main male character from Outlander series, Graham played his uncle in the same show. Neither are gay.

It is a great series! They show a lot of things and places, all typically Scottish, but they do keep it light-hearted, even when they went to Culloden.
One episode was on food and drink. I had no idea Scottish cuisine is famed for its seafood!
Made me want to go over there, just to eat, haha.
Another was on sports, another on traditions, etc. etc.
Really interesting stuff with a pinch of humour.

Mon 01/22/24 11:19 AM
10C approx. and had a lot of sun this afternoon. Still quite windy.

Sun 01/21/24 03:25 PM
I'll check it out on the morrow, a tad too late now, about to go to bed.

Have been watching "Men in kilts: road trip with Sam and Graham".
Them travelling through Scotland. Absolutely wonderful to watch!

Sun 01/21/24 05:37 AM

Taggart! It's a Scottish Police show, set here in Glasgow. Thank me later:thumbsup::100::sunglasses:

I think I once gave that a go and didn't like it, but I can try again.
I have watched Shetland, loved that!!
The new season is a bit off now that Douglas Henshall has left the series.

As it is finished the last couple of episodes of Outlander.
Watch the old Taggart shows from the 80's and early 90's, with Mark McManus, Crystal? They were the best ones. Outlander, is filmed up in Cumbernauld, at the West park Studios, right next to Cumbernauld Airport. About 8 - 9 miles away from where I stay. Drove past their Studios plenty of times:thumbsup::100::sunglasses:

Would that be Wardpark Film & TV studios then?

I've read that their alleged American ranch is built somewhere in Scotland as well. Makes sense. A lot easier and cheaper to stay close to home as opposed to flying the entire crew to the US.
Aye Wardpark Studios Crystal. That predictive text changed it to Westpark. It's not far from me ( about 10 minutes drive ) and right next to Cumbernauld Airport. Which is handy for actors, etc, flying in by Plane, or Helicopter, from anywhere in the UK, or Europe.:thumbsup::100::sunglasses:

I had no idea the studio for Outlander was there.
I know they shot all the indoor so called Lallybroch scenes in a studio as the real "Lallybroch" estate is in such a dire state that no one is even allowed to go in. Too dangerous. I guess that's the reason they usually show it from the exact same side only in the series. Too much work I guesstimate to fill in another side with CGI or however they do it.

Sun 01/21/24 05:33 AM

Full moon in Leo is coming up fast! January 25th so we're in the build up of energies.
Usually full moon in Leo is very good to me, hope this one is as well!

There's a lot going on with planets, lots of influences that will bring about change and transformation, but still hoping this Leo moon is going to feel great!

FULL MOON LEO '24:
Individuality, authenticity, and realising what your dreams are that you wish to pursue, are the themes.
Like some other planets do right now, Moon in Leo also challenges you to find out what's going on inside. What does your Soul want? What is your YES and your NO right now? What do you want to go for in the near future? Don't be difficult, instead be playful, use your sense of humour and make your own decisions.

OTHER INFLUENCES AT PLAY AT THE SAME TIME:
PLUTO shifts into Aquarius on January 21st.
Pluto has already been briefly in Aquarius twice, a foretaste of a new and greater consciousness, separate from authorities outside yourself. Pluto remains in Aquarius until September 3, and then returns to Capricorn for another 2.5 months. After that, Pluto in Aquarius is a real thing (until 2043).

Both Pluto and Aquarius are about innovation and transformation of the old and stale, so this is a huge transition! Totally opposed to Capricorn, in which Pluto resided for years, which is more a sign and energy of holding on to the old.
So we might be in for quite the ride!

Pluto is transformative, brings out hidden parts of the underworld and your subconscious and exposes power versus powerlessness. This often means that we point fingers: that/he/she/they are to blame, or are the enemy.

But it is necessary that you do -and continue to do- self-examination, examine the light and shadow sides within yourself. β€œMan, know thyself” applies more than ever!
If you don't know yourself, you will perceive the world outside yourself from repressed issues or emotions, and may not even realise that you are doing so.

Pluto is also the planet of love, because that power makes you truly live faithfully to and from your soul. Things that aren't right for you, don't serve your Highest Good, will fall away or transform.

There's more to it, as Uranus will go direct on January 27th as well, adding to the powerful flow of energy towards reform, transformation, innovation etc.

Source of the full moon & energy part: https://petrastam.com/volle-maan-25-januari-2024-pluto-en-uranus/
January the 25th, is also Robert Burns day, here in Scotland Crystal. Gonna be scoffing haggis, neeps and tatties, for my dinner then, washed down with a couple of Laphroaig whiskies also:thumbsup::100::sunglasses:

Sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy the day when it arrives!

Sun 01/21/24 04:04 AM
Full moon in Leo is coming up fast! January 25th so we're in the build up of energies.
Usually full moon in Leo is very good to me, hope this one is as well!

There's a lot going on with planets, lots of influences that will bring about change and transformation, but still hoping this Leo moon is going to feel great!

FULL MOON LEO '24:
Individuality, authenticity, and realising what your dreams are that you wish to pursue, are the themes.
Like some other planets do right now, Moon in Leo also challenges you to find out what's going on inside. What does your Soul want? What is your YES and your NO right now? What do you want to go for in the near future? Don't be difficult, instead be playful, use your sense of humour and make your own decisions.

OTHER INFLUENCES AT PLAY AT THE SAME TIME:
PLUTO shifts into Aquarius on January 21st.
Pluto has already been briefly in Aquarius twice, a foretaste of a new and greater consciousness, separate from authorities outside yourself. Pluto remains in Aquarius until September 3, and then returns to Capricorn for another 2.5 months. After that, Pluto in Aquarius is a real thing (until 2043).

Both Pluto and Aquarius are about innovation and transformation of the old and stale, so this is a huge transition! Totally opposed to Capricorn, in which Pluto resided for years, which is more a sign and energy of holding on to the old.
So we might be in for quite the ride!

Pluto is transformative, brings out hidden parts of the underworld and your subconscious and exposes power versus powerlessness. This often means that we point fingers: that/he/she/they are to blame, or are the enemy.

But it is necessary that you do -and continue to do- self-examination, examine the light and shadow sides within yourself. β€œMan, know thyself” applies more than ever!
If you don't know yourself, you will perceive the world outside yourself from repressed issues or emotions, and may not even realise that you are doing so.

Pluto is also the planet of love, because that power makes you truly live faithfully to and from your soul. Things that aren't right for you, don't serve your Highest Good, will fall away or transform.

There's more to it, as Uranus will go direct on January 27th as well, adding to the powerful flow of energy towards reform, transformation, innovation etc.

Source of the full moon & energy part: https://petrastam.com/volle-maan-25-januari-2024-pluto-en-uranus/

Sun 01/21/24 03:32 AM

Taggart! It's a Scottish Police show, set here in Glasgow. Thank me later:thumbsup::100::sunglasses:

Watch the old Taggart shows from the 80's and early 90's, with Mark McManus, Crystal? They were the best ones. Outlander, is filmed up in Cumbernauld, at the West park Studios, right next to Cumbernauld Airport. About 8 - 9 miles away from where I stay. Drove past their Studios plenty of times:thumbsup::100::sunglasses:

Would that be Wardpark Film & TV studios then?

I've read that their alleged American ranch is built somewhere in Scotland as well. Makes sense. A lot easier and cheaper to stay close to home as opposed to flying the entire crew to the US.

Sun 01/21/24 03:26 AM
6C overcast but still reasonably bright.

Strong storm wind forecast late tonight until mid-Monday morning.

Sun 01/21/24 02:23 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sun 01/21/24 02:25 AM
Self-care is important, especially for women to keep their hormonal balance right.

Many women tend to please, give more than they get, often not receive anything or unable to let it in.
If you feel it's natural for you to serve and please you're hormones are almost for certain out of whack.

The only healthy way of giving for a woman is in response to receiving.
If you haven't and still give you will produce testosterone which will A) lower your oestrogen (very unhealthy!!) and B) deplete your progesterone as a woman makes testosterone out of progesterone.
Then you get oestrogen domination even though your oestrogen is too low.

Too low levels of oestrogen is a serious health risk: inflammation (heart, joints etc.), diabetes, high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease, and so on.
It also wreaks havoc on your mood and how you feel.

In essence saying it's natural to give, serve, please, etc. isn't true. It's caused by hormones and that disruption can be created by low self-esteem, lack of self-love and so on.
The only natural care giving is to a baby (young) child. Which btw is also hormone-driven...

Self-care is good, can help raise oestrogen.
Self-care is also receiving. Love, gifts, compliments, help from others, and so on.

Sat 01/20/24 04:08 PM

Sat 01/20/24 12:41 PM
I just did a bit more. Didn't have time this afternoon, had wanted to have a break today, but yeah... Hihi. Couldn't help myself!

Apart from the obvious, the path and the tree, I did some fine work on the fighters. The front most Highlander had a bit of a nose job, the redcoats' coats are redder and less of the darker shadow stuff, and so on.
Tiny tweaks that do make a difference :)

Sat 01/20/24 05:28 AM

It's too normal Crystal. Feel like just booking a flight and taking me and my son somewhere hot for a week! In fact, that's what I will do. :thumbsup::100::sunglasses:

If you do so, enjoy it!
I think Malta, Greece, or Turkey is good this time a year :)

Fri 01/19/24 01:48 PM
Thank you so much, Julie!

Fri 01/19/24 09:37 AM

Snow, snow, snow, snow! Getting fed up of the stuff and the Scottish weather! The weather is bipolar here I think? :thinking::thinking:🀷🀣🀣:flag_black:󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿:flag_black:󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Quite normal in Scotland, isn't it, hihi.

Fri 01/19/24 09:34 AM
Thank you!

OT - Lot of work done this afternoon!

A close-up of the soldiers & Highlanders. I'll do a few minor updates here and there, thin lines, nothing major anymore.

Fri 01/19/24 02:05 AM
Sphinx by Robin Cook.
I used to own a copy, bought another one the other day. 2nd hand as it's out of print.

One of the few non-medical thrillers Robin Cook has written.

Fri 01/19/24 02:03 AM
5C sunny. Outside still quite a lot of white, although not covering everything.

Roads can be slippery and we still get night frost.
I'm starting to get fed up with it even though it's not too bad and normal this time a year.

Fri 01/19/24 02:00 AM

Canada

Ah, that makes sense then. Still, very cold!!

Thu 01/18/24 09:40 AM
Thank you, Julie!

I've done more work today. Did the mist over the men in the background, immediately creating more depth :)
And begun with another layer, a highlander that's a wee bit closer than those in the fog. There will be at least one more.

Made the kilts of the highlanders in the foreground a bit lighter, and added highlights to the uniforms of the redcoats as I felt they'd gotten too dark.
And some definition of the grass. I don't think that needs much detail as there will be fog as well, but I might go for a bit here and there nonetheless.

Also did some fine detailed work on the cottage, like making the door brown, make the windows deeper, added more deep red to the roof etc.
Stuff you won't easily see perhaps, but still make a difference.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25