SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Thu 02/08/24 04:29 PM
Thinking... a good time to go to bed! It's late and I'm tired.

Sat 02/03/24 02:41 AM
I always felt respect for what Madonna did and pulled off.
But then I saw her on Graham Norton's show, and boy does she have an attitude problem!!
I think she made a lasting impression with that appearance, and definitely not a good one.

As for not sticking to concert times... my ex worked in show bizz as a professional lighting & sound guy so he had seen a lot.
He said Bruce Springsteen was god awful as he didn't stop on time. He went on and on and on.
That forms a problem for all the people behind the scene who get rented in to do a job for a certain amount of money for a certain amount of time. So they don't get paid per hour. Meaning if he goes on and on, they're not getting paid, yet they cannot go home either...

Plus, the rent for equipment, returning equipment to storage, is another issue when a rockstar doesn't give a toss about that.
He gets to go to his hotel when done, but all those people have another couple of hours of work to do to take everything down and bring it away. All while no longer being paid for the extra hours because the idiot went on too long.
So it's very selfish to not take them into account.

Sat 02/03/24 02:29 AM
10C overcast, not too dark but dull nonetheless.

Fri 02/02/24 02:47 AM
Gerard Butler... I like most of his movies. He has a powerful & attractive aura, probably cos he's a Scorpio. I love it even more if you can hear his Scottish accent.
It narks me that Hollywood demands Scottish (or English) people to speak American.

Aaron Douglas, came across him in a movie last night. I seriously dislike the man. I've only seen him twice, in the movie and in series Flashpoint, seems he always plays a near-psychotic a-hole.

Fri 02/02/24 02:35 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Fri 02/02/24 02:38 AM
The text feels choppy, sentences too long, too many weird things in them like overusing & and bt. Does the "u" on your keyboard not work or is it too tiring to simply type 'but'?
Not having a go, but if you want to sell yourself you need an easy read.
Also not clear why you keep typing ';'?

In short: rewrite it and make sure to use proper punctuation and dump the chat lingo (& and bt) and ;

Also, try to give it a positive feel. As it is you come across as insecure and needing a woman to buoy you up so you can feel good.
Few women will feel attracted to that.

Then add what kind of relationship and partner you'd like to find.

Wed 01/31/24 05:26 AM
Europe of course!
I have lived in Asia for a few years, but it isn't home.
Australia could have been home.
Never America.
Nowhere where way of life / culture is too different.

I wouldn't mind moving to another country, or other area of the country, but unless it's Australia, I'm not leaving western Europe!

Tue 01/30/24 04:29 AM
Thank you, Julie!

Tue 01/30/24 04:28 AM
Nope, I already am in Europe :smile:

Mon 01/29/24 03:55 PM

What gives with these people who ask us to rate their profile and then deactivating their account?

Not 100% certain, but I think that's what it says when someone logs out. And many do log out.
Some may come back on, others may forget about it, and yet others may have decided to sod it altogether, hihi.

Mon 01/29/24 03:53 PM
What we could do? All find that great person and move our butts off the site and into the real world, making new memories with our lover.

Mon 01/29/24 09:04 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Mon 01/29/24 09:04 AM
Thank you so much, Julie!

Fun fact: The reason the roof looks red-brown is because they used purple heather -from Culloden itself- for it.

I have added a few things to the painting. I was only painting the sides of the frame and suddenly felt like adding some heather and one of the standing stones with clan names on it.
I would've loved to add a few more of these stones, have them disappear in the distance, but that doesn't work out space-wise.

After thinking for a bit where to place the heather & stone, this is what it looks like now.
Wonder what you ladies think!

Fri 01/26/24 10:45 AM
Criminal Record - 2024 - 7,5 IMDB rating
British crime series. So far 4 episodes available.

So far I like it, but only in episode 3, too early to give a decent rating.

Short story: an old murder seems to tie in to a new one. The cop investigating it discover this and wants to dive into it, but the cops that dealt with the old murder try to stop her from doing so, clearly being bent coppers.

Fri 01/26/24 07:20 AM
Thank you, Julie!

OT - Last night I suddenly knew how I wanted to finish it and how I could make the fog part stand out more.
It also meant that the other part needed its grass with more highlights, especially since the cottage has clear sunlight, the source coming from the left.
In order to emphasize that a bit, I added more yellow tones to the left side of the cottage, and cool blue tones to the right side.

Then I added the mud/sand fountain, caused by a canonball hitting the ground, mud & soil flying everywhere.
More fog in that entire right hand section.

I'm thinking of calling it "Through the Veil of Time" or "Glimpse of the Past". "Mists of Time" maybe?
Not certain.

I do hope the painting itself expresses what it's supposed to:
Leanach cottage in the now with a glimpse of the the Battle of Culloden in the past through the fog. It should not appear to be in the same timeline as the battle wasn't fought right next to Leanach cottage.

Thu 01/25/24 08:53 AM
Photos are fine, but write up is meaningless. Might be enough for a regular website, but not nearly good enough as a dating site profile.
As it is 1.

Thu 01/25/24 05:52 AM
Thinking... I'm tired! Have had 3 busy days in a row, one of which was very stressful. Now fed up.
Nothing tomorrow, thanks goodness, then Saturday going to visit my stepmum.

Wed 01/24/24 10:51 AM
I've added some mist around the fighters.
The initial plan had been to have the mist be much thicker, but now I don't want to do that anymore. I'd rather not lose too much detail.

Not finished yet with the painting.

Wed 01/24/24 10:35 AM
After the Flood - 2024 - 7,3 IMDB rating
British series

Joanna finds an unidentified man dead in a lift in a underground car park after a devastating flood, police assumes that he became trapped as the waters rose, but she is obsessed with discovering what happened to him.

Tue 01/23/24 03:46 PM
Thinking... almost 1 o'clock... time to go to bed!
Has been an extremely busy day for me, I'm tired.

Tue 01/23/24 03:45 PM

Trampolines, trees, wheelie bins, etc, all blowing down the street, as this storm, here in the UK, is a pure b*****d!!! :thumbsup::100::sunglasses:

Surprised to read you now have storm Isha as we had that one on Monday.
So Monday was bad, especially in the north of the Netherlands, yesterday was okay, today bad again.

Oh well, as someone said on FB: this storm has brought me a lot: I've now got a BBQ, a garden set etc. hahaha.

Tue 01/23/24 03:43 PM
Comes across as masculine energy, hope you're going to fare well with that in love...
Nothing wrong with being a strong woman, but it's gotta be balanced with a gentler feminine feel, certainly in love and with that in a dating site profile.
Not saying that to judge or criticize just that you may attract men that aren't interested in commitment and/or the guys that are after sex.

In any case, I wish you good luck!

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25