SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Thu 01/04/24 02:08 AM

The Neo Nazis in Germany, aka AfD, will be even more on the rise, if people don't wake up.

Say what?!
That's scary!!

Wed 01/03/24 11:59 AM
More work done :) Background haze (might do a tad more, not sure), details, colour changes on the side of the wall and so on.

Still a work in progress. I'm very happy with it so far!

Wed 01/03/24 05:33 AM
Cleaning up the Christmas stuff, taking the whole lot upstairs, and after that vacuuming the floor.
Putting it all on the attic is for another day.

Now gotta go get groceries. I actually want to paint, but I'm out of so many things that I have to go.

Tue 01/02/24 02:15 PM
Thinking... if the best you can say in a message to a girl you don't know is "fake lol" you better go back into your mancave and never come out again or do a 5 year intensive people skills training.

Tue 01/02/24 08:31 AM
This is how far I got before dinner. I'm quite happy with how it's progressing.
Values will change a tad later on as I will do some glazing.
You can now also see why that first mountain range I painted in needs to be put into the background a bit with a whitish glaze. Doing that will create way more depth, and also separation between the front mountain section and the one at the back, which really is needed otherwise it become one blob of trees and mountains.
I suspect the Zinc white I need for that will arrive tomorrow.

The orange-like cliff will of course also be worked on.

Tue 01/02/24 02:31 AM

:rolling_eyes:
Why on Earth would anyone want to tamper with their God given bumpers?

I cannot understand why someone would want a surgical procedure for cosmetic reasons..

And where will the surgical procedures stop? A nose job, an eye job, horns on the head? :joy::rolling_eyes:

When flat chested there are no bumpers...

To me the reason would be if I'd be very unhappy with small/no boobs.
I can imagine not feeling very feminine. If I'd be flat chested I'm quite sure I would've gone for implants. Not for anyone else, just for my own sense of well-being and feeling like a woman.

The way I see it any cosmetic surgery should be about someone's own sense of well-being.
Not to please anyone else, nor to fit a fashion thing.

I get what you're saying - but I don't think it's boobs that give the feminine energy. That's exactly why a dude can't slap a pair of boobs on himself and call himself a woman

You do't understand cos you're not a woman, hihi.

If having breasts -even non-natural ones- makes you feel great and more like a woman it will boost her self-worth, self-confidence, self-love etc. etc.
And with that it will also give her an incredible increase in oestrogen... Not the breast themselves as they're not natural but the side-effect of what I mentioned above will do the trick.

And again: if a woman is perfectly happy with small breasts or barely any/no breasts there's nothing wrong with that and no reason whatsoever to have this altered surgically.
Most certainly not because of a hype or any 3rd party demands.

I gave you my perspective from a man. I don't need a female perspective to tell me where femininity comes from - and I know it doesn't come from boobs. That was my point! :wink:

I do understand what you speak to. A guys gaze will always eventually stray towards her chest. Guys know this, girls know this. It might have something to do with femininity, but at the end of the day, her femininity comes from her being.

Rule of thumb for guys: small boob chicks are built for speed.... big boobs for comfort

Well, I tried to explain, but clearly you don't understand.
Breasts are related to femininity, whether natural breasts or not.
And that has nothing whatsoever to do with where men's gaze goes.
Men looking at your breasts all the time can even make you feel insecure, get low self-esteem and with that ruin your sense of femininity.

Tue 01/02/24 02:28 AM

It's insane that breasts are regarded as a fashion item.

In the 70s you had Twiggy with barely any breasts and suddenly women were to look like her in order to be considered sexy to men???

Then in the 90s we had Baywatch with Erica Eleniak and later on Pamela Anderson and then large breasts became the thing to have.
Plastic surgeons must've made a fortune out of breasts being a fashion item.

Breasts should be treasured, valued, cherished and loved by the woman who has them and by her partner(s), whether she has small, no, large, normal breasts. And regardless of them being saggy, perky, large or small nipples etc. etc.

It's always women's bodies and bodyparts that get judged this way. Where not merchandise nor lust objects to please.
We deserve respect and love and to be cherished.
:heart:

No more than a man's height or muscles, chiseled jaw, wide shoulders. These are all just characteristics of attractiveness

Yeah, but those have been the same for thousands of years as these are indicative of testosterone levels and with the potential Alpha male.
For men it's not a fashion thing that changes all the time like having to have narrow shoulders, no muscles, a feminine jawline and so on.
The idea of what's attractive for men is always the same and will likely always remain that way.

Mon 01/01/24 04:23 PM
It's insane that breasts are regarded as a fashion item.

In the 70s you had Twiggy with barely any breasts and suddenly women were to look like her in order to be considered sexy to men???

Then in the 90s we had Baywatch with Erica Eleniak and later on Pamela Anderson and then large breasts became the thing to have.
Plastic surgeons must've made a fortune out of breasts being a fashion item.

Breasts should be treasured, valued, cherished and loved by the woman who has them and by her partner(s), whether she has small, no, large, normal breasts. And regardless of them being saggy, perky, large or small nipples etc. etc.

It's always women's bodies and bodyparts that get judged this way. Where not merchandise nor lust objects to please.
We deserve respect and love and to be cherished.
:heart:

Mon 01/01/24 04:19 PM

I cannot understand why someone would want a surgical procedure for cosmetic reasons..

And where will the surgical procedures stop? A nose job, an eye job, horns on the head? :joy::rolling_eyes:

I can imagine not feeling very feminine. If I'd be flat chested I'm quite sure I would've gone for implants. Not for anyone else, just for my own sense of well-being and feeling like a woman.

The way I see it any cosmetic surgery should be about someone's own sense of well-being.

I get what you're saying - but I don't think it's boobs that give the feminine energy. That's exactly why a dude can't slap a pair of boobs on himself and call himself a woman

You do't understand cos you're not a woman, hihi.

If having breasts -even non-natural ones- makes you feel great and more like a woman it will boost her self-worth, self-confidence, self-love etc. etc.
And with that it will also give her an incredible increase in oestrogen... Not the breast themselves as they're not natural but the side-effect of what I mentioned above will do the trick.

And again: if a woman is perfectly happy with small breasts or barely any/no breasts there's nothing wrong with that and no reason whatsoever to have this altered surgically.
Most certainly not because of a hype or any 3rd party demands.

Mon 01/01/24 04:09 PM
Thank you, Julie!
I ordered a transparent white today so I can go over some things to make them a bit more hazy. That'd put them a bit into the background.
As it is I only have opaque white, never felt the need for anything else, nor did I ever think of it. But now going for Zinc white. Seen some things done with it and the difference in what that can do is astounding.
So for mist/haze etc I'll use that.
Learning all the time, right?!

Sun 12/31/23 01:48 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

Only an hour and 12 mins to go!

Sun 12/31/23 01:48 PM
Thinking... talk about a kitten with baws (and it's a girlie): really loud bang as it's firework night and youngster walk around all day chucking banging crap around. Not allowed but happens regardless.
Anyways, normally cats are scared, but this li'l dare-devil jumps on top of her cat tree to look out through the gap between blind & wall, hihi.
I guess calico's indeed are more bawsy!

Sun 12/31/23 01:45 PM
The beginning of my new painting: The Great Wall in China.

Thu 12/28/23 03:27 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Thu 12/28/23 03:29 AM

Thu 12/28/23 03:18 AM
So what the hell happened?
Was his profile hacked? And that new profile photo was not Tom?
I know he hasn't been on here in ages, but a bit weird as he was a regular for years.

And this profile does look different? Tom had a GF and this profile is looking for someone?

Mon 12/25/23 04:47 PM
Thinking.... 1st Christmas day's gone, Boxing Day -or 2nd Christmas Day as we Dutchies call it- has begun!
But before I get into enjoying that, first... sleepzzzzzzz

Sat 12/23/23 02:42 PM
Thank you so much, Julie flowerforyou

Sat 12/23/23 12:27 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Sat 12/23/23 12:27 PM
Thank you, Merry! :smile: flowerforyou

Finishing a painting is always a bit of a weird moment for me. On the one hand a lot of joy and very pleased with what I've created, on the other hand side a bit of "now what?" What am I going to do tomorrow?? Hihi.

But a bit of a break won't hurt. My neck will certainly appreciate it, haha.

Sat 12/23/23 09:14 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!!
Make it a happy one, whether you're celebrating with family, friends, or alone.

Sat 12/23/23 09:04 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Sat 12/23/23 09:08 AM
Thank you so much, Stormy & Merry! Love how you describe it flowerforyou

And...

I finished it this afternoon!
Took me more than a month and many, many hours of painting.
I'll give some close ups so you can see more of the abundance of details that is in everything:

The building is from temple complex Ta Prohm in Cambodia and the buildings there have the carvings in the walls as well. AND trees growing on top and through the buildings. In some they have even used shoring jacks to support both the building and the massive trees that rest on them!

I like this section too :) The Buddha has more definition when you see the real work. Camera takes away from that unfortunately...
But I also love the mountains, how there's this diagonal sunlight hitting everything etc. etc.

This afternoon I did the last work on the jungle floor in the foreground. Took me a lot of time to get done due to the many details.
In the end putting in some purple flowers as the rest of the paintings is so green/yellow.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25