SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž's photo
Thu 11/16/23 03:21 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Thu 11/16/23 03:21 PM
The profile come across as typical Filipina: pleaser, no boundaries, possible low self-esteem.
Whether this is genuine or make believe to lure a man in, I don't know.

I personally prefer a woman profile herself in a self-confident way so I wouldn't rate this very high.
But men usually like that sort of thing.

Thu 11/16/23 03:18 PM

Hello Bob Cut !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her Life...

Yes, or has gone through a traumatic change. You often see it after divorce.

Mon 11/13/23 02:23 AM
14C overcast, raining, and quite dark. Considering switching on the light...
Wind will get strong in the afternoon, during shower possibly storm gusts.

Sun 11/12/23 12:50 PM
It's basically finished! I'll check it tomorrow with proper daylight and a clear head to see if everything I want in it is.
But in essence it's done!

The edges of the roof now have the thatched sticky out bits, the bridge's railing is done, the flowering & plants in the foreground, and the path is now made up of flagstones with grass in the between.
Believe it or not, that was a nightmare to do (the grass lines in the path).
Oh, did a few tweaks and fine-tuning of the water.

A close up of the cottage as I feel it's worth a closer look

Sun 11/12/23 09:18 AM
some 9C but felt like 5C-ish. No sun, overcast all day and bit hazy until after noon.

Time to get the winter coat out instead of my in between seasons coat. I could see my own breath, it was bloody cold outdoors!

Sat 11/11/23 12:39 PM
Thinking... I want a sweet loving attractive man, my Mr Right! smooched love

Sat 11/11/23 12:38 PM
Thank you, Julie :)

Sat 11/11/23 09:34 AM
Huh? I already replied?!?

Thank you so much, Merry & Delightful!

Still lots of detail to be done and I'm doing shorter sessions at the mo cause of my neck. But I got it on top of my desk's cupboard right now and dang, do I love it!!
I actually like it better than the other cottage painting. But then again I always feel that way about every new painting I'm doing, hihi.

Sat 11/11/23 06:08 AM
Gosh the water in this painting wasn't easy. A new one on me.
In the photo above it was too bright red-orange. Then I decided to go to a normal colour, blue. I didn't like that one bit though! In a way I liked the red-orange and this was so cold and didn't seem to fit the rest of the pallet at all.

I could've softened it of course, but I decided to have a good look at the reference again and go for that.
Which I did.
Warm colours, just what I liked and wanted :D

I will likely do some finishing fine-tuning touches to the water, but the colour will remain the same.

Fri 11/10/23 02:13 AM
In the reference it was brown/orange/reddish. Mine just got too reddish so I will have to work on it. Maybe put primer over it and make it regular blueish.

Thu 11/09/23 11:45 AM
Couple more sessions done.
Not finished yet, but nearing the end. Lots of detail to be done and a few correction. Nevertheless nearing the end.

Wed 11/08/23 01:50 AM
Thank you, Maybe!
And yes, I do have that but I haven't updated it in a long time. I think my thread here is way more complete in that sense.

Tue 11/07/23 03:52 PM
I intend to, haha. Thank you!

Tue 11/07/23 09:31 AM
It felt good to start on the 'empty' right hand side of the canvas today. I got a bit fed up with re-doing, fine-tuning, and adding to what was already there.
An Lo' and behold, it suddenly comes to live, making the cottage pop!

Not done of course, neither is that right hand upper corner. But happy with the work I've done today :D

Sun 11/05/23 03:46 AM

Sun 11/05/23 02:51 AM
This is where I got the day before yesterday.
Still not finished of course.

Close up of the grass and bark:

I will have to re-do those stairs. I can never ever get stairs right. Really annoying as it seems so simple, just a few lines. Yet I always get the angle wrong.

Fri 11/03/23 02:35 PM
Thank you, Julie :)

Thu 11/02/23 01:42 PM
Two days ago I set up another painting. I had wanted to do a shell on the beach, then found the image of this cottage and was so taken by it that I decided to do that first :)
It's a nice continuation of the painting style I began using with the thatched cottage one above.

The work I've done today -3rd session so far- while the storm was raging outdoors.
It's amazing what a difference it makes to have the doors in as they bring depth since they're set back a bit, and also the windows with the warm light.

Not nearly done of course.

Thu 11/02/23 11:52 AM

Weathering storm CiarΓ‘n. Code Orange until 5 o'clock, then Code Yellow.
4 more hours to go. So far it's not too bad, knock on wood!!
But I've had worse storms here.

Hope everyone in the UK is alright, and France as the latter has Code Red in certain areas.

Delightful, you're up high enough to not get the worst of it, I think? Hope you're okay!!

All quiet on the western front here….thankfully. It was quite a breezy day yesterday but today there’s hardly any wind.

I battled through Storm Babet a couple of weeks ago and that was enough. Sorry to hear you’re having to endure Storm CiarΓ‘n. Batten down the hatches and stay safe Crystal :heart:

Glad to hear you're not getting any of it!
We're now in Code Yellow since 4 this afternoon (hour earlier than they'd said). All in all it wasn't as bad as other storms I've had here.
I don't know anything of a storm Babet, so I gather we didn't get that here, maybe a bit of extra wind but not like a real storm.
From what I've seen and heard the south of UK and most western parts of France got the worst of this one.
As it is it's still raging on in more northern parts of The Netherlands as Code Orange storm.

Let's hope we won't get any storm again anytime soon! Somewhere around 2080 is soon enough, hahaha.

Thu 11/02/23 05:00 AM
Weathering storm CiarΓ‘n. Code Orange until 5 o'clock, then Code Yellow.
4 more hours to go. So far it's not too bad, knock on wood!!
But I've had worse storms here.

Hope everyone in the UK is alright, and France as the latter has Code Red in certain areas.

Delightful, you're up high enough to not get the worst of it, I think? Hope you're okay!!

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25