Community > Posts By > SamaraNJ

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:57 PM

yeah.. there has to be someone to blame when people aren't strong enough to make decisions for themselves and have low self esteem and kill themselves worrying about what other people think...

If you had ever known anyone with the disease of anorexia or bulimia you would know what a truly hateful statement that was. But, I'm sure you don't know. That statement actually made me cry.

I give up. Good night everyone.

well sorry if what I think makes you cry.. but that's my opinion

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:51 PM

Sorry ruth...but I don't buy it...

Suppose you are gonna post a pic that is gonna go up nationally....

I do understand apprecieating a woman for her inner beauty and soul....

Would you really want your pic up there with no editing? I personally would crop or fix red eye or do whatever I gotta do to look good...it would only compound if my looks were part of my paycheck. That is the job! I say,..photoshop and crop if that is what it takes...cheat to win.

My photo is up without editing. Anyway, I see what you're saying. That's the business and screw anyone who may get hurt. If anorexia and bulimia are on the rise amongst our young people, that's just the price of doing business.

me thinks that someone who decides to starve themselves to death ( a very slow and painful method of suicide) has bigger psychological issues that go beyond a picture of a celebrity.ohwell

ditto

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:50 PM
yeah.. there has to be someone to blame when people aren't strong enough to make decisions for themselves and have low self esteem and kill themselves worrying about what other people think...

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:43 PM
ok it's such a horrible thing.. destroys girls lives.. is it as bad as cancer?

is it really that bad?? I dont think so.. cause if it was.. it wouldn't just be complained about in a forum.. someone would do something about it..

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:20 PM

Okay, I didn't post this to start an argument about the pics. I posted it because all these pictures in magazines and ads are airbrushed and "perfected". It bothers me as I see and know the damage it does to women.

That was the point I was trying to make. I guess I didn't make it very well. Forget it.

Does me no damage

Cancer doesn't do everyone damage either. Doesn't mean it isn't a big problem and we shouldn't search for a cure.

Cancer does not compare to women being airbrushed in magazines..

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:15 PM

Okay, I didn't post this to start an argument about the pics. I posted it because all these pictures in magazines and ads are airbrushed and "perfected". It bothers me as I see and know the damage it does to women.

That was the point I was trying to make. I guess I didn't make it very well. Forget it.

Does me no damage

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 08:06 PM

It is a sad commentary on society when you realize that even Jessica Alba is not hot enough to go un-airbrushed.

Check out the before and after pics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/08/jessica-alba-airbrushed-t_n_149182.html

Why did they do that?!shocked frustrated frustrated

I have Photoshopped a certain Page#'s girls for the past 8 years (up until a couple years ago when it's not my dept now).. and you know what.. I never thought about why.. if she has an enormous amount of freckles on her chest.. I take them off.. if she has undereye circles.. i brighten them up.. I dont care, If I think she would look better with highlights on her breasts, I put them there.... They are put there to get a man's attention... is it right? doesnt matter to me.. turn the page...

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 07:58 PM

with the expierence's that you've had with past date's, are you AFRAID to date? I mean, it's like an interview. I'm not on an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't a date supposed to be fun???????? I've gotten so that I'm realy scared to date anymore. I'm afraid of these stranger's. I didn't used to be...........

nah.. just cause other men are asses doesn't mean they all have to suffer...
everyone is different and should be treated that way

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 07:54 PM

excessive itching of the crotchal area

damn, is that what gave it away?

no, it was when you ordered a pitcher of goats blood. i was kinda put off by that.

check please!

jk, i love you.

damn.. something said go with the pepsi...

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 07:53 PM
I almost met someone from this site.. We were going to meet for coffee.. Saw his pic.. been chatting online.. then.. Im talking to him on the phone as Im driving.. then dunno how it got started.. but he says.. 'how important are looks?'.... I knew it meant he sent a fake pic.. so anyway.. he admitted it was a fake pic.. I said all deals are off.. I just went right back home and never met him.. but I made sure he took that pic off his profile

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 07:50 PM

excessive itching of the crotchal area

damn, is that what gave it away?

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 07:43 PM

smile2 Would you be mad if your partner woke you up when you were sleeping,just because they wanted sex?smile2

absolutely not!!!!!

especially first thing in the morning.. I love sitting there in work all day with that feeling as a reminder that I got it really good that morning...

wake me up anytime.. bigsmile

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 12:56 AM

hahaaaaaaaaaa at work all 6 of us went on ebay and were checking out $20000 purses....... we were like all ooooooooooooohing and aaaaaaaaaaaahing!!! love laugh

there was one I wanted for like a year.. and finally got it.. for about half the price.. (not THAT much though) oh.. its soooooo nice..and I condition the leather every other week.. laugh laugh
I also dated someone recently that worked for Chanel.. he couldn't get purses though.. only perfume and stuff

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 12:52 AM
Edited by SamaraNJ on Wed 12/10/08 12:53 AM
hadn't heard that version before..

in the version I heard they say... 'scare me half to death'...
and it's a spouse.. still a good one..

SamaraNJ's photo
Wed 12/10/08 12:50 AM

Whether or not she has a FABULOUS PURSE~~~ Cause I like fabulous purses~~~!surprised

ditto..

I see a chick different who sports one of those ghetto fabulous fake coach signature pieces.. spock

SamaraNJ's photo
Tue 12/09/08 11:54 PM
Well, I guess I would have to do it.. cause by the time I get a partner in bed.. He won't be able to walk when Im done with him...

yeah, Im an independent woman who likes things 50-50.. but I still like my man to be a man and for me to be a woman.. I would want him to go...

SamaraNJ's photo
Tue 12/09/08 11:49 PM
Edited by SamaraNJ on Tue 12/09/08 11:50 PM

Her Purse laugh

i have to say shoeslaugh

I notice a guys shoes... I dunno.. It's odd.. but a guys choice in shoes.. nevermind..

anyway.. I had a first date.. with this guy.. and he actually wore.. yes.. white plastic velcro bo-bo's...

and I said.. you wear bo-bo's.. laugh
and he said, matter of factly,... buy one get one free, baby..

SamaraNJ's photo
Tue 12/09/08 11:39 PM

Because it's gone to the EEOC we are talking monetary settlement already. All I have to do is figure how much school will cost me (I'm not going for a full degree) and use that as my bottom line.

ok.. i thought you saying whatever it was that happened there makes them responsible for your schooling.. but if you are just simply suing.. and the amount happens to be the cost of school.. then I understand...

SamaraNJ's photo
Tue 12/09/08 11:37 PM
Sometimes after I wash my hair I put it up while it's still wet.. I use a leave in conditioner that has a great smell...(Garnier is the shiznit) my hair is very long.. about to my butt... so while its up.. the scalp and ends dry but underneath that is twisted under the clip stays a little wet.. so.. there may be a time that I will be around someone.. and Ill let my hair out of that clip.. and the perfume from my leave in conditioner will come out.. and the action of letting my hair out paired with the perfume escaping makes it a little more noticeable... :wink:

SamaraNJ's photo
Tue 12/09/08 11:31 PM

I feel your pain, Angie.

1. No fear.
Do not let them push you around.
Be polite. Be Professional. But be firm.

2. Failure is not an option.
Demand your job back. (even IF you WON'T take it.)
(can't see how I would)
Just out of General Principal.

3. You Deserve a job that will appreciate you
rather than those mean little self-serving Butt-Heads

I'm not going to demand my job back, I'm going to demand that they pay for me to go back to school.

hmmmmmm......... is that possible?
I would think that over first......