Community > Posts By > Richard

Richard 's photo
Fri 09/10/21 09:53 AM
I dunno?? it may be a good aide for people wishing to conceive as well.. knowing the effect of prolonged release. the multiple build up with it turned off. could effect a massive release once flipped back on.
but I would be concerned with the possible long term side effects such a device might have.

Richard 's photo
Fri 09/10/21 01:10 AM
Edited by Richard on Fri 09/10/21 01:40 AM

Vaccination does not just prevent spread .. it reduces hospitalisations and deaths . There is just no way hospitals and health services around the world can cope with the fallout of uncontrolled covid transmission (and still care for non covid admissions ) ...that still remains a large part of the problem.

hospitalizations are up 300% in the US, including those who have been vaccinated that have either had bad reactions and those that did not reach full immunization .
the most effective defense against the virus is still to get it and recover from it.
harvesting live antibodies from donors is still in wide use in hospitals. for those who can afford the treatments. I'll try to find some links.. but since they dont fall into line with the governments official statements on the subject. most search engines and social media have removed or blocked access to them.

here is one out of the UK republished by the new york post.
https://nypost.com/2020/09/11/chinese-virologist-says-she-has-proof-covid-19-was-made-in-wuhan-lab/
though in the same article, her claims were dismissed by a califoria virologist. so it litterally becomes he said ,she said.
here is another, that supports the possibility. since the lab was proven to be working on it.
https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/new-details-emerge-about-coronavirus-research-at-chinese-lab/
this is out of india.
https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/world/china-coronavirus-wuhan-lab-covid19-rare-genome-709831

the advantages of vaccination vs natural infection have been discussed on previous pages . Someone with a mild infection may not have the most effective immune response or protection it depends on viral titres and individual immune response . It is unclear if a natural infection with one strain of covid provides protection against other strains (such as delta) . Sorry I don’t have time to look back and find that discussion but it was fairly recent on this thread .

My understanding of the lab leak theory is that at this stage it remains a “possibility” . The initial international WHO investigation that took place in China failed to answer questions . Requests have since been made for a new investigation , which China have not yet agreed to .

I think I have shown, that if your really interested in hearing the other side, that people dont want to be seen. you may have to do some digging. but it is still out there. fox, sky, and other news agenceys still cover them. even if it is in fine print on the back page.
even USA today's fact check, states the covid 19 stories are at least partially true, and may be lab created.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/21/fact-check-did-coronavirus-originate-chinese-laboratory/2881150001/

and then theres Fauchi recently getting caught with his hand in the covid cookie jar:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-demand-to-probe-fauci-s-ties-to-wuhan-covid-19-lab-marjorie-taylor-greene-wants-him-fired/ar-AAKIyJJ
but hey, thats not possible, because there is no covid 19 lab.... RIGHT?
like I said I may just be talking for my self. but if so many governments and organizations want to hide, block and discredit this info to prevent people from reading it. that just gives me more reason to believe it.
and also speaking for my self, if the Chinese government had my family held hostage, and my colleges that also came forward disappeared. I would probably also go silent.. rather then continue speaking about the facility I worked for and put my family at risk or worse have them disappear as well. but again thats just me. ;-)
and since the W.H.O. has no authority to enter china to do a proper investigation, china would have to invite them in, co-operate with it and allow the investigation..

even with the CDC reports they were given. which initiated the investigation, theres no surprise it came up empty. and there little doubt, that china will not agree to allow a second one either.

Richard 's photo
Thu 09/09/21 07:53 PM
Edited by Richard on Thu 09/09/21 08:30 PM

Vaccination does not just prevent spread .. it reduces hospitalisations and deaths . There is just no way hospitals and health services around the world can cope with the fallout of uncontrolled covid transmission (and still care for non covid admissions ) ...that still remains a large part of the problem.

hospitalizations are up 300% in the US, including those who have been vaccinated that have either had bad reactions and those that did not reach full immunization .
the most effective defense against the virus is still to get it and recover from it.
harvesting live antibodies from donors is still in wide use in hospitals. for those who can afford the treatments. I'll try to find some links.. but since they dont fall into line with the governments official statements on the subject. most search engines and social media have removed or blocked access to them.

here is one out of the UK republished by the new york post.
https://nypost.com/2020/09/11/chinese-virologist-says-she-has-proof-covid-19-was-made-in-wuhan-lab/
though in the same article, her claims were dismissed by a califoria virologist. so it litterally becomes he said ,she said.
here is another, that supports the possibility. since the lab was proven to be working on it.
https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/new-details-emerge-about-coronavirus-research-at-chinese-lab/
this is out of india.
https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/world/china-coronavirus-wuhan-lab-covid19-rare-genome-709831

Richard 's photo
Thu 09/09/21 04:04 PM

climatic change is the real disappointment for the humanity on the planet to sustain. we should take some bold steps to tackle it. we should move towards zero carbon emissions to overcome this real pandemic and threat for humans. we should think like a human being irrespective of the cast orgin and religion.

it is the same mumble jumble spewed forth during the 70's that claimed we would be in the middle of a global Ice age right now, with our oil supplies all used up.

strictly based on science. it is a fact, mans pollution is a miniscule amount compared to what the planet it's self naturally produces.
if man did not exist. animals, plants, fires, valcano's, fissures that allow oil to come to the surface, would still be the major causes of pollution that they are now..
in fact with out man to manage them.. they could be far worse then they are now.
can man do better to clean up after them selves.. yes..
will it make an over powering effect on the planet as a whole. no.

Richard 's photo
Thu 09/09/21 02:44 PM
Edited by Richard on Thu 09/09/21 03:05 PM

a question?? over the past year and a half since covid 19 escaped the lab.
what happened to the different flu strains that took 100's of thousands of lives every year??
did they mysteriously die off? or did they continue to infect people, and get counted as covid cases? Dr.s admitted that they are very difficult to tell apart.
but there has been no mention of the flu beyond that.
and the main cause of deaths are due to underlying conditions. same as with people that come down with the flu.

people will continue getting sick. like the flu, it wont get wiped out.
it will continue to morph and develop more strains. as it has been doing.
it is part of our lives now.

all we can do is learn to live with it. mind the reports of out breaks in your area, get the shots, stay home if your not feeling well. and live your lives.

Hi Richard waving . firstly , the last I heard the original source of covid is still unknown . Until there is evidence of a lab leak I am not going to speculate .

Secondly , The low circulating number of influenza infections during this covid pandemic has been mainly attributed to a couple of factors ...

1. The mass reduction of international travel . Similar to covid ...,.influenza is imported !!

2. Lockdowns , social distancing , wearing of masks , hand hygiene , quarantine , the requirement to stay home when sick, especially with any respiratory symptoms .

3. Increased uptake of influenza vaccinations .

While it may seem like influenza has disappeared , the reality is .. it hasn’t and there is concern over what will happen when the world reopens . Also concern if the previous influenza vaccine will be effective against whatever strain is eventually transmitted .

Recently , NZ and Australia introduced a travel bubble between our two countries . Coincidentally both countries battled with a winter surge of RSV (respiratory syncytial virus ) which placed an immense strain on our hospital system .

We may have “learned to live” with seasonal influenza (strains that we can successfully vaccinate against ) but I still recall the impact of H1N1 which was a novel influenza strain (commonly called swine flu) . .. thankfully I didn’t experience the Spanish Flu outbreak .

Personally , I do not feel we are at the stage we can safely “learn to live with covid “. Our vaccinations are new ( approx 8 months now in circulation ). Our knowledge about covid has improved but there are still many unanswered questions and major limitations with treatment options and healthcare resources . To “live with covid “ requires that outbreaks can be managed !!! Global herd immunity is still a considerable time away . Delta has seen a big surge in vaccination rates but untill rates are optimal and as long as countries remain disadvantaged when it comes to vaccination access/ distribution , the door is wide open for further mutations and uncontrolled spread

A couple of links you may be interested in reading ...

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2783644

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/covid-19-coronavirus-australia-no-flu-deaths-this-year-but-that-could-change-experts-warn/M2FASIZRNEJZ2AACLOPAVHXIVI/

I will certainly be watching the UK closely as it heads into winter with interest and concern .

sorry blondie.. maybe I'm just speaking for my self here..so no disrespect meant.

1) the source has been widely reported as being from a virology facility out of the Wuhan district of china. from which it was first reported to the C.D.C.,
but that's a matter of choice as to if you believe the news that has reported it, or not or the scientists that have shown it has a human fingerprint in its design.

2) the lock downs did not stop the spread of the covid virus. so it would have had a similar effect with the spread flu virus. and it is spread the same way as the flu.

3) vaccines for the different flu strains have been around and have been used for generations. and people with the flu have all ways been asked to stay at home.
but 100's of thousands of people still died from it annually. so I dont understand the under reporting going on.
still does not explain why there has not been a single warning of a flu outbreak reminding us to get our shots, since the covid-19 hit..
I dont believe the flu disappeared, nor the deaths caused by it.
just as I dont believe people that died from other health conditions, mysteriously disappeared.
the vaccines for covid are new, and just like when a new strain of the flu is reported, the vaccines only help prevent the spread. and there are some people that experience side effects. it is a persons choice to take them or not (though that is being challenged as many people have been mandated into forced compliance).

to me it is not a matter of feeling we are at a stage where we can feel comfortable with having the corona virus in our lives.
it is here, and it is continuing to mutate. so we either learn to live with it.. or live in fear of it for the rest of our lives..

get vaccinated, pay attention to outbreaks in your area, and take care as you all ways have been told, when an infectious virus has been reported in your area..

but live your lives.

Richard 's photo
Thu 09/09/21 09:25 AM
Edited by Richard on Thu 09/09/21 09:33 AM
a question?? over the past year and a half since covid 19 escaped the lab.
what happened to the different flu strains that took 100's of thousands of lives every year??
did they mysteriously die off? or did they continue to infect people, and get counted as covid cases? Dr.s admitted that they are very difficult to tell apart.
but there has been no mention of the flu beyond that.
and the main cause of deaths are due to underlying conditions. same as with people that come down with the flu.

people will continue getting sick. like the flu, it wont get wiped out.
it will continue to morph and develop more strains. as it has been doing.
it is part of our lives now.

all we can do is learn to live with it. mind the reports of out breaks in your area, get the shots, stay home if your not feeling well. and live your lives.

Richard 's photo
Wed 09/08/21 11:05 AM

the technology is around for flying cars or vtol. the biggest problem with is the cost of the aircraft and complex nature. our cars are not perfect but if you have a problem you can pull off the road. in a aircraft we can't do anything like that at say 500 or 1000 ft. so safely has to be there before we ever get into a drone and fly to work.
LOL people are getting into drones now on the ground. along with driver assist vehicles, hands free vehicles are coming onto the market.

Richard 's photo
Wed 09/08/21 10:44 AM
Edited by Richard on Wed 09/08/21 10:51 AM
the earths polar axis changes between 3-10 feet multiple times. during the coarse of a given year. this is caused by earth quakes and other seismic events, as well as the gravitational pull of the moon.
volcano's spew toxins into the air and seas around the world daily. crude oil and natural gas seeps out of the sludge of rotting organic materials. fires and storms rage, it's the nature of the planet..
solar flares bombard the ionosphere with bursts of radiation.

if man did not exist... the earth would still be trying to destroy its self. in it's ever changing cycle of destruction and rebirth.
man is just a messy spectator.

in the 70's it was global freezing, and we were suppose to be in the middle of our next Ice age right now. the result of those studies. was the the EPA.. and the environmental movement.. nothings really changed since then. except the ice age never came, and we dint run out of oil.. so now they switched to global warming.. to motivate behaviors or try to force change. it is all about politics and control.

Richard 's photo
Wed 09/08/21 10:11 AM
they have been experimenting with V-tol vehicles since the late 50's. while the concept is cool (who dont want to be george jetson) I dont see it getting to the point of being a daily event. beyond what the gyro-coptor and ultra lite is today..

Richard 's photo
Wed 09/08/21 09:28 AM
Edited by Richard on Wed 09/08/21 09:55 AM
back when japan had that super quake and tsunami. scientist had said the earth pole shifted by as much as 2 degrees off its axis prior to the quake... the earth is under constant change. that we wont even notice in our daily life. we can do what we think will help. but the earth is in control. earth quakes, natural fires, valcano's, solar flares ect.. . just something to think about while considering the water world up side down map event.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/07/21 09:48 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 09/07/21 09:50 PM
here is something I came up with.
it is also pretty simple. start with the mac.. you just want to soften it a little.
then drain off the water.
add 1 jar of your favorite salsa. and let simmer until the liquid is sucked in to the mac( add a lil water if needed but not so much you need to drain it off)
I then mix in nacho cheese sauce and top with crushed tortilla chips and minced green onions and sliced olives.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/07/21 09:27 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 09/07/21 09:33 PM
made a simple vegetable soup tonight.
2 pints diced tomatoes with peppers ( I sometimes use salsa instead.)
1 pint italian stewed tomatoes halved
1 small yellow onion (quartered and halved into 8th's)
1 small red onion (same)
2 cups mushrooms
1 can sliced olives (with its juice)
one package normandy blend vegetables (frozen)
1- 3 quart stew pot
toss it all in the pot, cover, and cook on medium heat, until the vegies are tender.
( you could also add some water and pasta or rice if you want)

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/07/21 08:45 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 09/07/21 08:50 PM

I recently bought an air fryer.
Its so much better than my old oil fryer!
PowerXL 5 quart.

So far I've only used it to cook pre-prep frying foods like chicken wings & fingers, a few egg rolls, pizza rolls, Jalapeno poppers, french fries & onion rings.

I'd like to experiment with some tempura. Plus I really like some of my custom breading recipes I already bake in the oven. I've noticed my electric bill is lower not using the oven as much.

I bought some air fryer breading mixes but I'm hesitant about putting gooey stuff in the fryer and clogging up the holes. Plus, I have no dishwasher so cleaning is basic dish washing in the sink by hand.

Can anyone offer some air fryer tips and tricks?
Any easy-peasy recipes are welcome too.

What is your favorite thing to cook in your air fryer?

I have one also..first thing I made was hamburgers and home fries.
I also dont have a dish washer. but I poured the grease into a jar cleaned the basket and tray in the sink pretty easy clean up.

the burgers were much better then the foreman grill.
retained more of the juices, because the patty was not pressed,
and I could add the cheese while I let the patty rest.
my air fryer also has a second basket that hangs in the main basket.

so the thick cut home fries were done at the same time. I like to add green peppers and onions in with the fries as well. I like them slightly browned at the edges.. and the fryer does that nicely.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/07/21 08:30 PM

Dude, I really hope she has fixed her shower since January.

Hihihi, to think I have not showered for 8 months, brrrr!!
I have used the handshower (which doesn't need to be held btw) to shower for a few weeks until I decided on a new rain shower head.
So all sorted since!
I was happy with all the help and advice I got though :)
I hope you got it all sorted crystal. this is my line of work..but I would have to see the problem ( damage and materials) there is a product called PT2000 which is a marine glue, that would permanently repair a split seam. which is what it sounds like the problem was....
but generally speaking...
if this was a supplied shower head.. it would be up to the building staff to replace it. and in some cases your actually suppose to report the damage, prior to trying to repair it. as many such repairs are not allowed by the occupant.
review you R & R's in your housing contact.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/07/21 06:31 PM
Edited by Richard on Tue 09/07/21 06:36 PM
I'm either making an Italian vegetable soup... or I may reduce it and make a pasta dish.. not sure I want the extra carbs or not.
think I'll probably stick with the soup

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/07/21 01:23 PM
one flew over the cookoos nest. classic Jack, just got it on DVD, cant wait to watch it again. it's been years.
it was actually filmed in salem oregon on location, at the oregon state mental assylum

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/07/21 12:26 PM
today, I'm trimming shrubs and cleaning up one of the proprties I work for. I'll probably be doing that for the next few days.
yesterday, I had some building maintenance to do.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/07/21 12:20 PM

Wondering if spanking counts as an activity? Its not an Olympic event mind

I believe that would be best asked during a meeting for Intimate Encounter.
unless it's some ones birthday. and even then..it may not be appropriate.

Richard 's photo
Tue 09/07/21 12:14 PM
K found something that applies to the topic.:
whats up with women posting pic's with men. when their profile says looking for dating.
are they swingers, or do they just not know how to crop them out?
either way. the pictures send the message they are all ready dating some one.

Richard 's photo
Mon 09/06/21 10:34 AM

Stuck a HP dual core radiator in my C5 last week, plus a little gizmo that turns on the high speed fan by remote. Running nice and cool now even in blistering heat.

C-5 blazer? if so did you add a trans cooler as well??? my buddy says, it helps keep the trans fluid from cooking if you do a lot of trails.

C5 Corvette, manual trans. Next week I'm putting in Ruthenium plugs and 8mm wires. It's never seen dirt roads.
Ah.. should have guessed.. based on you referring to it as a car.. never owned a vette.. I like steel bodied cars, my self. my fox body T-bird is the lightest one I've ever owned. that was not an import. and it is extremely thin skinned. with too much plastic 302 w/ 8 port rail fuel injection. has the open hood scoop hood (like the turbo/super coupes had), and rear spoiler.
as I mentioned earlier, it's a pretty rare car.

just trying lil test. if it works it will show my bird.