Community > Posts By > Surmar

no photo
Sat 03/23/13 04:59 PM

“I dreamed someday I’d be rich and famous,” one of the tax collectors says.

“Me too, that’s why I became a public servant,” his friend responds with a grin.

A Freudian slip?

The Mindset of Government Workers, who with Benefits, earn on avg $114K a year Starting Wage.

no photo
Sat 03/23/13 04:35 PM
Edited by Surmar on Sat 03/23/13 04:36 PM
(AP) — Nobody’s going to win an Emmy for a parody of the TV show “Star Trek” filmed by Internal Revenue Service employees at an agency studio in Maryland.

Instead, the IRS got a rebuke from Congress for wasting taxpayer dollars.

The agency says the video, and another parodying the TV show “Gilligan’s Island,” cost about $60,000 to produce. But apparently the “Star Trek” video accounted for most of the money.

The six-minute clip was was shown at the opening of a 2010 training and leadership conference, but even the Associated Press notes that it “does not appear to have any training value.”

The cringe-worthy spoof features an elaborate set depicting the control room, or bridge, of the spaceship featured in the hit TV show. IRS workers portray the characters, including one who plays Mr. Spock, complete with fake hair and pointed ears.

The production value is high, though the acting is what one might expect from a bunch of tax collectors. In the video, the spaceship is approaching the planet “Notax,” where fraud, money laundering, and alien identity theft appear to be a problem.

“Back in Russia, I dreamed someday I’d be rich and famous,” one of the Star Trek tax collectors says during the clip.

“Me too, that’s why I became a public servant,” his friend responds with a grin, “fist bumping” the Russian.

The agency apologized in a statement: “The IRS recognizes and takes seriously our obligation to be good stewards of government resources and taxpayer dollars…There is no mistaking that this video did not reflect the best stewardship of resources.”

It also said it has tightened controls over the use of its production equipment to “ensure that all IRS videos are handled in a judicious manner that makes wise use of taxpayer funds while ensuring a tone and theme appropriate for the nation’s tax system.”

“A video of this type would not be made today,” the agency claimed.

So, will someone be forced to Pay Back the Tax Payer or Lose his Job so such Insanity doesn't happen again?

Why even ask? It's the Government where No One Takes Responcibility for Stupidity,

“I dreamed someday I’d be rich and famous,” one of the tax collectors says.

“Me too, that’s why I became a public servant,” his friend responds with a grin.

no photo
Sat 03/23/13 12:38 PM

Savings accounts? Whats that?what

A Savings Account is a place where you park some money at regular intervals so that you'd have some money to buy what you want or need.

I prefer keeping my extra cash somewhere else.

It's just not safe in the bank.

I purchased something on the television using a debit card from my account and the company kept and shared my debit card number with their "affiliates" and then someone signed me up for some monthly travel club and some other monthly thing and started taking money out of my account. When I called them on it they said they would "cancel my account." I told them they had better refund to me all the money they had taken or else. They did.

I asked the bank about this and they said that if someone has your number, they assume they have permission to take the money.

Your money is supposed to be SAFE in the bank. Its not.

My Savings Accounts don't have Debit Cards, I have to Transfer the Money myself; as I visit the Bank Everyday anyways to make Deposits, I have it set up so that I have to be there in person to make the Transfer on my Business Accounts.

no photo
Sat 03/23/13 12:24 PM

Savings accounts? Whats that?what

A Savings Account is a place where you park some money at regular intervals so that you'd have some money to buy what you want or need.

My Gas Station has a Savings Account with enough to operate, if needed, up to six months without additional revenue; of course if my station only stayed open because of what I have in Savings for that Station, it's be very bad. It's more of a Stop Gap Account for me when Business slows down, and allows me to take advantage of Oprotunities that may happen along.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 10:28 PM

Cyprus Seizure Is Dawn Of European Bank Run

The big news over the weekend was that European Union officials forced a tax on deposits of 6.75 percent on all bank accounts with amounts less than 100,000 euros and 9.9 percent for accounts above that. There will also be a banking holiday for the next two days on the island. Although Cyprus's economy is a tiny fraction (0.25%) of the European economy, the precedent set from this deposit is catastrophic to the stability of the eurozone. Bank runs within Europe and the collateral damage caused by this will be enough to restore the European debt crisis along with its adverse effect on markets.

More importantly than the actual amount of money seized from the measure is the precedent set by the willingness of Europeans to retroactively tax deposits to protect bondholders. As of the writing of this column, there is still a chance that the Cypriot parliament may soften or reject this levy entirely. However, any reversal of this policy in the near term hardly makes a difference. By even considering the option of direct wealth taxation, Brussels has shattered the confidence of the European banking system.

Why would any depositor risk holding their money in a euro-denominated bank? Interest rates do not offer any real yield and with the high debt levels on sovereign balance sheets and undercapitalized banking systems, there is no reason to assume that any country's bank is safe from deposit confiscation. Individuals' risk of losing 6-10% of savings without notice far outweigh any convenience of a domestic bank account. In addition wealthy individuals can easily move enough money to US dollar, pound, or Swiss franc denominated bank accounts who do not have the same currency contagion risks.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1281901-cyprus-seizure-is-dawn-of-european-bank-run?source=google_news

Did Anyone think that there wouldn't be a run on the Banks when they announced a Tax on All Savings Accounts on a curtain date?

I would say that Politicos are as Dumb as a Box of Rocks, but that would be insulting to Boxes of Rocks.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 10:17 PM

But it's not why people need assault rifles. An assault rifle round could've gone through that *expletive* and into the house across the street.

Also, no word in the article whether the intruder was armed. Could have been a case of him having the wrong address. Three shots to the chest and now the *expletive* cannot give his side of the story.

FBI Crime Stats (You can go to fbi.gov to check for yourself) 3.5% of All Gun Deaths (Some Justifiable) are by Rifle, 85% by Handgun, the Balance is by V.P. Biden's Beloved Shotgun.

The "Assault Rifle" as Politicos Call it (Unless it's HLS, then it's Called "Personal Defense Weapon") is a Sub-Set of the Rifle; you have a Better Chance of being hit by Lighting than being shot by (HLS Term)a Personal Defense Weapon.

Someone Comes Breaking Down My Door at 4:30am in the Morning to Gain Entry; My Saiga 12 would Blow His A** Back Out, then I'll ask Questions.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 09:59 PM
BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — Police arrested two teenagers Friday who are suspected in the shooting death of a 13-month-old baby in a stroller and wounding the baby’s mother during an attempted robbery.

Seventeen-year-old De’Marquis Elkins is charged as an adult with first-degree murder.

“He asked me for money and I said I didn’t have it,” she said. “When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies. They’re expensive. And he kept asking and I just said ‘I don’t have it.’ And he said, ‘Do you want me to kill your baby?’ And I said, ‘No, don’t kill my baby!’”

He fired at her head and the bullet grazed her left ear – she has a small scab and bruising there. He fired again and shot her in the left leg above the knee. “I didn’t know I was hurt.”

“The boy proceeded to go around to the stroller and he shot my baby in the face,” she said. “And then he just shoved me when I started screaming and he ran down London Street.

Would Universal Background Checks, or Any Other Bill being Debated Stop This Monster? NO, Because Criminals Will Still Get Guns; Gun Laws Only Disarm Law Abiding Citizens.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 09:31 PM
PONCA CITY, OK-- A man shoots an intruder who broke into his Ponca City home, the entire confrontation was recorded on a 911 call.

"You better get these *expletive* here or they will die," the man told 911 dispatchers at the beginning of the call.

The 911 call lasted about five minutes. The caller stayed on the line with dispatchers as he waited for officers to arrive:

Caller: "They're beating on my front door right now."
Dispatcher: "Okay, we've got them on the way"

As the caller waited for police, the intruder managed to break into the home. Several gunshots can be heard during their confrontation.

"I just put three rounds in his *expletive,*" said the caller to dispatchers.

Ponca City Police say the shooting happened at about 4:30 AM on the 1300-block of North Pine Street. Enos Rhodd lives across the street from the home where the shooting happened, he heard the first two gunshots before police arrived.

"They sounded like firecrackers in the distance," said Rhodd.

Rhodd says he believes his neighbor was justified in firing at the intruder.

"I think you have the right to defend yourself," he said.

Carla Carney, who also lives nearby disagrees, she says three gunshots is too much.

"You should protect your house, but if he was shot once, why continue to keep shooting?" said Carney.

Other neighbors, like Brenton Carney believe with the police station nearby, officers should have arrived sooner.

"Maybe they could have caught him outside," he said.

Ponca City Police say the intruder was transported to a nearby hospital by ambulance, then airlifted to another hospital in Tulsa. No word on his condition. The intruder's name is not being released.

The case is under investigation. Ponca City Police say once they complete the investigation the case will be turned over to the DA.

This is why People Need Guns.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 02:07 PM

You Men, remember we ladies don't play fair.

you say that like it's something new...laugh laugh

But some men needs to be reminded of that fact.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 02:02 PM

Yes, you love your guns. We get it.

I enjoy shooting, I shoot a Min of a Hundred Rounds aweek; sometime two or three hundred.

I also have a Big, Mean, Powerful, King Kong Instructor to train me in Weapon Retention on a Regular Basis with a Mock (Paintball) Gun; if I can land a couple of shots on him before he disarms me, a Rapist wouldn't have a prayer.

I have never shot anyone with a Gun, nor do I want to; but if the Unthinkable Happens, I'm won't go down without a fight.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 01:31 PM
Edited by Surmar on Fri 03/22/13 01:32 PM
Sign on busy road says:
Michael,
GPS Tracker – $250, Nikon Camera with zoom lens – $1600, Catching my lying husband and buying this billboard with our investment account, – Priceless.

Tell Jessica you’re moving in!

– Jennifer

You Men, remember we ladies don't play fair.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 01:22 PM

I am always in a flux of change as I try to remember I cannot dictate what rights others should have.

So I try to vote for freedom as much as I can. Sometimes I make mistakes, but I can always come back and change my vote next time.

First off, one must remember where Freedom comes from; from Nature's Law, or if you will, Nature's God, not from Government.

Freedom is also the ability to face the consequences of One's own Actions, Good or Bad.

If I decide to live as a Prostitute, that would be my choice; but it would be wrong for me to make others take responsibity for my choice, I either face the consequences of my choice or find another line of work.

If I decide to drink 5 gallions of Pepsi a day, that too would be my choice Food Nazis, but I should also be allowed to face the aftermath of that choice.

If I should sleep all day when I'm not watching T.V, that too would be my choice; but no one should be forced to pay my bills or buy my food, if I find myself on the street, that would be the consequences of my choice.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 01:05 AM

All of this is a moot point when 3-printers will be able to print guns in your own home. There is already a company preparing to print guns so that gun will be "readily available."

The future might see a civil war, and trust me on this, there will be guns EVERYWHERE.

Those printed guns will still be illegal if they violate the terms of the gun control. No law can completely remove illegal guns from the hands of the public, or even the streets. It's just another way to help lower the availability of them, and give police another means to regulate them.

As the law stands now, a thug gets stopped with assault rifles in the trunk of their car, the police have to let them keep those weapons. After the ban, the police can take them away and fine/jail those same thugs.

If by Thug you mean a Criminal, they are Disallowed Guns of Any Kind.

no photo
Fri 03/22/13 01:01 AM

How is this a reason to oppose gun control? The monster shot and killed three other students, for no apparent reason.

Because the Monsters will still get Guns if you take Guns away from Law Abiding Citizens.

no photo
Thu 03/21/13 07:50 PM

Parents Are Not Trustees Over Their Children

That is a false assertion...

I feel I should correct my last post with something of an addendum...

The assertion I was addressing that I called a false assertion is sort of true in some instances (like when the state takes the child from his parents), but only because the state has "tricked" the birth parents into making the state the trustee of the baby's estate (and therefore the grantor of his care).

(IMO, the state can be a bad trustee and operate in breach of trust, but the state will always have plausible deniability, so breach of trust becomes nearly impossible to prove.) This explains why children can be removed from the care of loving parents simply on the word of a CFS social worker (who may have either a grudge against the parent(s), or stands to profit in one way or another from what amounts to child abduction).

Like most things, the truth of the matter goes both ways and is confusing as hell. Parents are INHERENTLY the grantors & trustees of their children, but when they register the live birth, they inform the state of a new vessel in port, and the vessel then comes under the care of the state "parent/trustee." The state in turn, and acting now as grantor, entrusts the care of the baby to the caretakers (formerly parents), who receive some consideration for their new job to care for the state's charge, the baby mama gave birth to.

The caretakers (birth parents) are now answerable TO the state for any alleged breach of the state's trust (in them). The burden of proof of child abuse has switched. Where the state might once have had to prove that the parents are acting in breach of the innocent child's trust, the parents might now be called upon to prove they are NOT acting in breach of the state's trust.

The original assertion remains false in that the parents are always the trustees of the baby, but they have unknowingly lost their position as grantors & trustees to the state, which is now their boss and has charged them with a trust they had in the first place. It has also burdened them heavily with having to prove a negative if an allegation of abuse is ever made against them.

Advice to parents who have registered their child's birth: If ever you get a visit from a CFS worker, be as friendly as possible and for heaven's sake, make sure the house is immaculate...You are going to get the "white glove test" as they look for ANY imperfections in your household.

I'll fall back onto John Locke on this matter in Repeating that Parents are Lord & Master over their Children, until the Child is able to tend to his/her own affairs.
This is a Tempory Status; from Birth, to Early Childhood, through Teenage Years, a Child is viewed as Unfit to tend to His/Her Own Needs (Different Countries set different ages as Adulthood) and until the Child is able to tend to His/Her Own Needs, the Parents are the ones who has Authority over the Child.

That is not the same as saying that a Parent has Licence to do as one wills over the Child; even Kings have to face Limits. Parents are the Law Giver inside the Home, they Rule Over Their Children until the Children are able to Rule Over Themselves.

no photo
Thu 03/21/13 03:45 PM

I have seen people call into work sick for the day then post themselves on social networks out doing whatever activities- clearly not sick- all the while forgetting that their boss is on their friend list

DON'T WARN MY EMPLOYEES!!!

I Really have a good crew that enjoys their Work; as long as I get a Fair Head's Up for a Desired Day Off, I'll do what I can.

no photo
Thu 03/21/13 03:21 PM
“I’m ashamed to admit it but its politics and its money, The NRA has taken this position, there is no reason, there is no foundation. There is no hunter that needs automatic military weapons to enjoy the culture of going hunting,” Rangel began. “But you know it’s really basically the absence of the voices of good people. I cannot believe that politicians are afraid of the NRA.”

He went on: “We’re talking about millions of kids dying — being shot down by assault weapons, were talking about handguns easier in the inner cities, to get these guns in the inner cities, than to get computers. This is not just a political issue, it’s a moral issue and so when we condemn the NRA we should not ignore the fact that a lot of people that have taken moral positions have been solid on this big one.”

According to FBI data, just 358 people — of all ages — were killed with “rifles” (The "Assualt Rifle" is a Sub-Set of the Rifle) in 2010. In fact, more people were killed by hands and feet (745), knifes (1,704) and shotguns (373) than with rifles that same year. The total number of gun homicides in 2011 was 8,583, still exponentially lower than Rangel’s estimation of murders involving so-called “assault weapons” alone.

Using the 2011 total gun-related murder rate, it would take more than 116 years for one million people to be killed by a firearm. Additionally, it would take more than 2,793 years for one million people to be killed with rifles, or what Rangel calls “assault weapons,” according to the 2010 FBI data.

no photo
Thu 03/21/13 02:48 PM

When it comes to Politics, I always start from the Principle of Freedom; I have the Right to Life.

I have the Right to Live as I see fit, and Receive the Rewards or Suffer the Consiquences of my Choices.

I have the Right to My Property, to Enter Contracts, To Exchange Goods and/or Services for Other Goods and/or Services.

A Good Number of People will as a matter of Practice, Vote against These Rights, Limit My Choices for what they Think is Best. They will Vote for People to Pass Laws to make me Conform to What they think is good for me.

I Never Got a License to Marry the Father of my Children, I Still Call Him My Husband, and he Calls me His Wife; Some would say that because we Never got a Piece of Paper from the State, we're not Married; Well, Who is the State to Decide for Us What Our Relationship is?

There are Those Who Say that I Must Provide for the Poor Through Taxes in a System that keeps the Poor in Poverty in a Form of Slavery Called Welfare So They Vote to Take Money that I Earn to Keep the Poor Enslaved to the State for Their Daily Needs. Just as Frederick Douglass Observed that Many Slaves were so Brainwashed into Believing that it was Only Master Who Could Provide, Many Who are Trapped into Welfare Believe that Only the State Can Provide.

There are Those Who Say That I Have to Contract With the Government for My Healthcare, though the Government has a History of Sub-Standard Care; But they Vote for it.

There are Those who Vote for a Mandated Minimum Wage, for what People Can Eat, Drink, Drive, Enjoy, and a Great Many other things. Can I not Decide for Myself the Terms of a Contract between Myself and Another? Can I Not Decide How to Tend to My Own Well Being & Enjoyment?

Are We Free Citizens or Subjects to the State?

this is where people are often mixed up,, we CAN decide what to eat,drink, and drive, we can decide on a minimum wage (via democratic vote) based upon what is reasonable compensation

but businesses which receive certain benefits from TAXPAYER(government) have to enter into guidelines and compromises with that government on what they will provide, based on safety, basic rights,,,etc,,,,

what we cant do is expect the country to run accomodating EVERY individuals wants and needs and desires,, in a society much of what happens has to occur by a consensus of individuals,, because there are too many individuals for a society that would please all of them all the time,,,,

Why not let the Market Decide what the Minimum Wage should be? If I paid my Cashiers Minimum Wage, they'd run off to one of the other places that employs Cashiers at a higher rate as soon as there was an opening; so I have to pay them the same rate as the Supermarket or the K-Mart, even what Wal-Mart pays, plus a bit extra if they've earned it so that they don't go looking.

I have Unemployed come in looking for a Job, (Unemployment among Minorities are as high as 23% - 40%) willing to take Less Than Minimum Wage to Stock, Clean, whatever; Because the Government has saw fit to Inject Itself into the Terms of Contracts between Two Free Persons, I Can't Hire Them Because of Cost; Who Does That Help? If the Minimum Wage Goes Up, I'd have to let My Part-Time Stocker Go and have My Cashiers do his Work; Who Would That Help?

Tell me, What Benefits am I getting from the Government to Justify my Giving In to All the Demands That I Pay This or Do That? All that I See is the Barrel of a Gun if I don't Comply.

no photo
Wed 03/20/13 09:31 PM
Edited by Surmar on Wed 03/20/13 09:32 PM
Not a one Gun Control Law, Passed or Proposed, would keep Guns out of the hands of people like T.J. Lane.

An Ohio judge says he didn’t see the word “killer” written on an admitted school shooter’s T-shirt in court Tuesday or he would have ordered him to change clothes.

T.J. Lane, 18, received three life sentences after he pleaded guilty to killing three students at a Chardon, Ohio high school in February 2012. He walked into court and removed a button-down shirt to reveal a white T-shirt with the word scrawled in pen, then added to the display with a brief, obscene statement.

“The hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to their memory. F–k all of you,” Lane said, flipping his middle finger toward victims’ families.

In a statement after the hearing, Judge David Fuhry said he did not see Lane’s T-shirt, according to USA Today.

“The court was unaware of the shirt. The court did not notice the shirt. Had the court noticed the shirt, the court would have immediately stopped the proceedings, adjourned the court and the court would have ordered the defendant to put on proper attire,” Fuhry said.

no photo
Tue 03/19/13 10:18 PM

I cannot say I am happy with any bill that has to do with fkin' with our rights to bear arms.

Reid is a snake in the grass and what he will propose is a big bite and will lead to bans.

Tell 'em ta' fck off and leave our weapons alone. Period.

We don't need their stinkin' babysitting.

The libs might. I can smell their diapers from here.

Let's Vote for a Law Banning Politicos from having Weapons, or an Armed Escort if they Vote for Gun Control.

Just Think of All Those Weak-Willed Security Types That Escortes the Politicos Who Are on the Edge of Mass Shootings Because they Carry Guns All Day Long; It's Only a Matter of Time Before One of Them Gives in to Their Gun and Starts Shooting.