Community > Posts By > Surmar

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 01:38 PM

its dumb to do nothing except grieve after preventable deaths happen.

Why do people think they can solve every problem with more legislation and more laws that take away our rights?

We are not experiencing more deaths because of guns. These incidents are just getting more press.

Far more people die on the highway in cars than of guns from some crazy person. These incidents just make good news and sell more papers.

Car accidents happen all the time. They barely make the local news.

Nobody knows who is or is not stable enough to have a gun. Laws trying to figure that out will only infringe on people's rights.

These over paid politicians are just trying to justify their jobs.

We have a right to bear arms. Period. No legislation can take away our rights legally without being guilty of TREASON.

there are professionals who study mental health and can absolutely observe whether someone is a harm to themself or others,,,,

we have the right to a well 'REGULATED' militia in which militia members can bare arms,,,,

militia are trained and , believed to be sane,,,,

I can only shoot one gun at a time,, why on earth would I require the 'right' to own an arsenal,,,,?

owning a gun for protection or guns for hunting are one thing,, owning an arsenal is a different extreme

I Own a .38 for Personal Protection when I'm out of the House, I have a Saiga 12 (Low Recoil Stock, 20Rd Drum Loaded With Turket Shot) For Home Defense if Someone Breaks into my House; I have an AR-15 for Property Defense, along with a 30-06 for Hunting and a few other guns (Some are just fun to shoot) for this or that.
Each Gun has its Stregnth & Weakness and there is no All Purpose Gun for Everything; the Reason to have Multiple Guns is to have the Right Gun for One's Need.
People would Freak Out if I Carried a Saiga 12 or an AR-15 in Public, so I carry a .38; and it's easier to Conceal.
The Aveg Home Invasion involves Multiple Person (Usually 3) so the 6 Shooter is out and a .223 will travel through walls and may hit someone I don't want to Shoot, so I have a Saiga Shotgun.
The AR-15 is a Good Weapon to Defend One's Own Property (Outside the House) if there is Trouble.
Understand why one would own Multiple Guns?

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 03:30 AM

and people who dont do things legally , are therefore called 'criminals',, goes without saying that they dont follow the laws...

If I'm in a High Crime Area where the Law Says that I can't Carry a Gun, like the Inner-City of Chicago, which should I risk; being the Victim of a Violent Crime, or be Arrested for Carrying a Gun?
What advice would you give your Dauhter?
Though I Dress Down when I'm in the Inner-City and make myself look like one of the Crowd; I always have my Gun with me though the Law Says that I can't have it, just in case I need it.
If I have the Right to Defend Myself, then I have the Right to Have the Means to do That.
I had already discussed with my Lawyer, as a Hypathetical, what it would take to Get Out of Jail and get my Gun Back, under the 2nd, 4th & 5th Amendments to the Constitution.

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 01:01 AM

I'm 5'2", around a 100Lbs, the Average Man could simply do whatever he wanted with me; my .38 is the only thing I have to make me an Equal to a Rapist, or anyother man that wishs to do me harm when I'm in Public.
I ALWAYS CARRY my Gun when I'm out; and not to leave anything to chance, with a Toy Gun (That looks like my .38 but for the Orange plastic) I practice with my Husband on what to do if the Unthinkable happens - Attacked from behind, grabbed from the side, different forms of assaults so that I would have a basic plan pre-programmed if I need it; and practice with my Husband tends to be Fun, Fun, Fun.
No one who trys to Disarm me is my Friend, though I'm forgiving of the Well Meaning Ignorent who had bought into lies; I'd rather have the Perp pee on himself when he's looking down the business end of my gun.

my mother is similarly petite, and has a gun < A GUN

Im not for banning guns, and Im not ANTI gun, I am for REGLUATING guns

do I want petite women such as yourself to not be able to defend themself with a gun,, NO

do I want mentally ill persons like james holmes to acquire an ARSENAL of weapons ,, NO

people pretend like the issue is simple and black and white(not you specifically), but there IS common sense middle ground between the two extremes of gun banning and complete freedom of weapon ownership,,,,,

And if you Regulate a Women to Not have a Gun, and she is Killed without the Means to Defend Herself; Then What?
Before we start to Pass New Laws, how about we Enforce the Laws that are Already on the Books; Criminals don't buy their Weapons by Legal Means.

who supports regulations that prevent women from having 'a gun'?

yes, we need to enforce the laws and allow them to evolve with the technology,,,

and people who dont do things legally , are therefore called 'criminals',, goes without saying that they dont follow the laws...

Do you recall the Appalation Law School Shooting? Two Students hearing Shots as they were going to Class, retreaved their guns from their Car; they detained the Would Be Mass Shooter after he Killed Two.
How about the San Antonio Theater Shooting? The Shooter was Killed after he Killed One and Wounded Two Others by an Off Duty Police Officer.

The Threat of Arms Being Anywhere & Everywhere Keeps Evil At Bay. George Washington.

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 12:28 AM
Edited by Surmar on Thu 03/14/13 12:33 AM

I can only shoot one gun at a time,, why on earth would I require the 'right' to own an arsenal,,,,?

owning a gun for protection or guns for hunting are one thing,, owning an arsenal is a different extreme

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I Own a .38 for Personal Protection when I'm out of the House, I have a Saiga 12 (Low Recoil Stock, 20Rd Drum Loaded With Turket Shot) For Home Defense if Someone Breaks into my House; I have an AR-15 for Property Defense, along with a 30-06 for Hunting and a few other guns (Some are just fun to shoot) for this or that.
Each Gun has its Stregnth & Weakness and there is no All Purpose Gun for Everything; the Reason to have Multiple Guns is to have the Right Gun for One's Need.
People would Freak Out if I Carried a Saiga 12 or an AR-15 in Public, so I carry a .38; and it's easier to Conceal.
The Aveg Home Invasion involves Multiple Person (Usually 3) so the 6 Shooter is out and a .223 will travel through walls and may hit someone I don't want to Shoot, so I have a Saiga Shotgun.
The AR-15 is a Good Weapon to Defend One's Own Property (Outside the House) if there is Trouble.
Understand why one would own Multiple Guns?

no photo
Tue 03/12/13 06:32 PM

I'm 5'2", around a 100Lbs, the Average Man could simply do whatever he wanted with me; my .38 is the only thing I have to make me an Equal to a Rapist, or anyother man that wishs to do me harm when I'm in Public.
I ALWAYS CARRY my Gun when I'm out; and not to leave anything to chance, with a Toy Gun (That looks like my .38 but for the Orange plastic) I practice with my Husband on what to do if the Unthinkable happens - Attacked from behind, grabbed from the side, different forms of assaults so that I would have a basic plan pre-programmed if I need it; and practice with my Husband tends to be Fun, Fun, Fun.
No one who trys to Disarm me is my Friend, though I'm forgiving of the Well Meaning Ignorent who had bought into lies; I'd rather have the Perp pee on himself when he's looking down the business end of my gun.

do I want petite women such as yourself to not be able to defend themself with a gun,, NO

do I want mentally ill persons like james holmes to acquire an ARSENAL of weapons ,, NO

people pretend like the issue is simple and black and white(not you specifically), but there IS common sense middle ground between the two extremes of gun banning and complete freedom of weapon ownership,,,,,

And if you Regulate a Women to Not have a Gun, and she is Killed without the Means to Defend Herself; Then What?
Before we start to Pass New Laws, how about we Enforce the Laws that are Already on the Books; Criminals don't buy their Weapons by Legal Means.

no photo
Tue 03/12/13 06:32 PM

no photo
Mon 03/11/13 09:26 PM

how do tote a gun in Chicago?

Just don't tell anyone; besides, the Constitution is still the Supreme Law in the Land as I have enough to make a Constitution Fight out of the issue.

no photo
Mon 03/11/13 09:21 PM

I don't see why the NRA or I would back a law that infringes on anyone's rights, other than criminals and mentally ill people, to have a gun in accordance with the second amendment.

It would take Guns away from the Elected Officials if they take Guns away from the People, and even the Criminals & Deranged would know that much;what would you bet that there would be a Vast Clearing of Gun Restretions taken off the Books if such a Proposal became Law.

no photo
Mon 03/11/13 09:16 PM
Edited by Surmar on Mon 03/11/13 09:22 PM

no photo
Mon 03/11/13 12:48 PM

Vise Versa What? Your reply isn't clear.
The Citizen Disarmed and Law-enforcement armed to their Teeth.bigsmile

But that would still leave the Elected Officials UNARMED, along with their Staff and their Security Detail; didn't I say Any Person Providing Security would be AS Limited?

no photo
Mon 03/11/13 12:39 PM
Vise Versa What? Your reply isn't clear.

no photo
Mon 03/11/13 04:02 AM

Actually, you didn't provide the quote I asked for. Please feel free to try again, though.

CUCS stated that "Being Passive" is better than carrying a Gun for Self-Protection during a Rape.
The only way I'd be Passive during Rape is in I'm Knocked Out or Dead; I'd fight with everything I have, including my .38

no photo
Mon 03/11/13 03:43 AM

no photo
Mon 03/11/13 02:53 AM
Here is a Strict Gun Control Law that should be forced into the State Constitution; one that the NRA on Principle should back.

All Elected Official, (other than Sheriff) Including Members of Congress when they are within the Legal Limits of the State's Authority, Their Staff, and any Party that provides Security, Shall Be as Limited as the Entire Non-Felony & Mentally Capable Population to Own, Carry, or Use any form of Firearm.
The Authorizing Agency For a Carry Permit (If Any) Is Require to Prove Beyond All Doubt, Listing no less then Twenty Reasons (distent and well reasoned pertaining to that particular Elected Official, Staff Member, or Member of a Security Detail, Proving beyond all doubt that said Person would never misuse said Firearm), as to why an Elected Official, Including Members of Congress, their Staff, and Any & All Members of a Security Detail are Issued with a Carry Permit if there is more than 3% of Law Abiding Aplicants are Refused such a Permit.
Any, and All Law abiding Citizens, shall be Empowered to Ensure that their Elected Officials are in Full Complience with this Law Upon Demand, at Any Time, in Any Public Space or Forum.
Violation of Any Provision of this Law Shall be Considered a Class A Felony; punishable by no less then 20yrs in Prison.

As I said, I believe that the NRA should, on Priciple, back such a Law; Let's see how much the Elected Officials believe in Gun Control if they are required to give up all of their Guns and face the Voters Unarmed.

no photo
Sun 03/10/13 12:01 PM

Is it fair to let him have a girlfriend only because I want one deep down inside?

Been there, done that; not something that I'd like to repeat as it took time & work to make things right with my Husband again.
My advise is to decide which you want more, your Husband, or a Girl Friend as you may wind up losing both.
Understand, I'm talking from my own experence, and from what I've observed with others; it can come back and bite you, hard & painful.

no photo
Thu 03/07/13 12:07 AM
I carry already, I'm 5'2" and a bullet to the Brain would stop Rape in a Heartbeat.
If I'm ever arrested for Carrying, I'd let a Jury decide my fate as I press the Constitutional Arguement that gives me the Right to Carry as I will also Argue that by the time the Police Arrive; I would already be a victim of some crime.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next