Community > Posts By > star_tin_gover

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 05/26/08 07:40 PM

Sam53:

I was thinking about saying something here but I will not because Mr Abracadabra just said it perfectly well and left nothing to me to add .
:smile: flowerforyou drinker !.

He does that to me too. laugh laugh laugh laugh

Abra said:
I'm trying to save the world, and all people can tell me is that someday I'll see the light and be 'saved' from eternal damnation. Like I even care about my own stupid frigging butt!

Abra, don't bother. Save yourself! bigsmile

Meet me in Reno, we'll go hot tubbing together and spa and club the whole night through then have steamy sex until dawn.

(Now how do I rate on the flirt meter?):wink:

Abra! You dog you! drinker :wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 05/26/08 07:36 PM

A good many decisions made by people are made from fear.

Even simple everyday things. Buying insurance, wearing a seatbelt, etc.

But these are so common place they are ignored or possibly overlooked as "fear based decisions." But the fact remains, if you had perfect faith that you live a charmed life, and that you create your own experiences, and that nothing will happen to you that you yourself did not invite or create, you would have no need for insurance or wearing a seatbelt except that you wanted to obey the law.

Of course one might argue that no one can have perfect faith and many would say "accidents happen" etc. Ads for insurance paint pictures of floods and accidents and disasters and film them and put them in your fact to place that fear into your minds. Then you buy the insurance.

Fear motivates.

These are just to small things. But governments manipulate all kinds of laws and solutions by using the fear motivator.

We invade third world countries (for whatever reason it does not even matter) but first fear has to be generated to get people to agree to fight and die and go to war.

Even people who claim to be motivated by love of their close relatives worry and fear for their well being and safty.

Worry is fear.

Have faith in what your are creating. "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."

JB

Jeannie, you forgot about common sense. I have business and vehicle insurance because common sense tells me that if I am not insured I could end up with a much larger bill than the $2300 I have to shell out tomorrow morning for my premium. Yes fear is a motivator but if it is what motivates more than common sense then someone needs an anxiety pill.laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 05/26/08 07:15 PM

Hey what happened to the coffeehouse for atheists?!? Was the whole thread removed?!?!?

noway

apparently when you don't believe in something it disapears...

*twightlight zone theme*

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 05/26/08 11:27 AM
flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou
drinker To our service men and women and to my three personal heroes Bill, Heather, and Ken, all three who served and Ken who is still serving. My children. My heroes. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 05/25/08 10:56 PM
Ahhhhhh, a place where there is not yet any hatred. I sincerely hope it stays that way. Good job anoasis!flowerforyou Nite everyone!drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 05/25/08 10:39 PM

Ah....I like the sound of this place. I am human and I enjoy being. But I don't like coffee, so maybe it's not the right place for me. frown

Stick around! Anoasis whips up a mean mango iced tea. Being half Cuban it is a requirement that I love mangoes and papaya. laugh

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 05/25/08 09:54 PM

The World Trade Center bombing was in 2001. 9-11-01

Must have been some other World Trade Center.:wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 05/25/08 08:11 PM

Re Memorial Day

Hope everyone is having a nice long weekend.

Sadly we have more and more to memorialize each and every day. So I would just remind everyone (including myself) to continue praying or sending good thoughts etc.- whatever you feel is right- to not only the men and women in harms way in Iraq but everywhere.

And to their families as well....

Peace and joy to all.
flowerforyou

Thanks anoasis! flowerforyou Prayers for all military members past and present this Memorial Day.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 05/25/08 07:48 PM

I am sure you have read the scripture of, "Many are called but few are chosen." Where I work sometimes it is many are called but some of their cell phone batteries needed charging. For others they simply turned the phone off. For others I wonder if they have work on a no-call list.laugh For others it is don't call me I will call you when I want to come into work. For some it is like they see it coming and get the heck out the door before they are chosen. It is hard to find a good masochist or martyr when you need one. It is like they are so busy doing other things. I like the line, "Life is what happens when you are doing other things."flowerforyou

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 05/25/08 05:36 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Sun 05/25/08 05:37 PM
http://www.kencollins.com/question-44.htm
Di, the above link is an interesting one but it is a full page and I don't want to load your thread if some people don't want to read it so here is the footer from that link. flowerforyou

The Called and the Chosen

This parable does not mean that God calls a lot of people, picks over them, and keeps only a few. If that were true, the middle of the parable would have no meaning. It means that God calls everyone and gives them the power to respond—but to be chosen, we must respond to the call, using the power God gave us for that purpose.

flowerforyou I am confident that it will be picked to pieces like a dead fish in a flock of seagulls but I thought it was pretty clear.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sun 05/25/08 10:44 AM
Nah, I think they would say WOW! Toilet paper? We used leaves! Nice work!:wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 05/24/08 09:29 PM

Being a pantheist I believe that God expresses and manifests Itself as all things.

That includes me.

My proof of God is that I exist.

JB

When cars are made ,they are made from blue prints by different people and not just by one person . So why do you see only one god instead of multiple gods ?!. What is your take on this ?.

My take is that unions can't get their sh*t together and put out crappy automobiles but if one person built the car it would be of higher quality.:wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 05/24/08 05:58 PM
Thanks Britty. Needed to hear that right about now. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Sat 05/24/08 02:42 PM
Yes I do. His name is Guido. He has an eye patch, a limp, and his wings are repaired with duct tape. Guys like me can't be choosy as to the angel we are assigned.laugh Seriously..... yes I do.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 05/23/08 09:14 PM

Hi everyone,

Debs and prayer warriors - just received a request for prayer
(continued prayer) for Kim (Earthsprite) - who is battling cancer (has been for quite some time) and is due to undergo surgery soon.

flowerforyou :heart:

sad Prayers are in.sad

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 05/23/08 08:45 PM
Finally! I get to take a vacation! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

star_tin_gover's photo
Fri 05/23/08 04:11 AM

Four years Navy, four years Air Force. All three of my children served in Iraq and while I am proud of their service I believe we have no business in Iraq.Iraq should be able to stand on its own by now. Our kids need to come home. flowerforyou
I agree!!! heyyyyyyyyyyy youuuuuuuuuu!!!!flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Hey Gypsy!flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/22/08 07:14 PM

Well if you do your research for real you'll find that christian and catholic faiths are base on other religons all together ... the altar - pagen ... drinking and eating the body of christ - canabulism ... the cross - wiccan ... there's more but i cant think of it right now
noway huh noway

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/22/08 07:08 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Thu 05/22/08 07:09 PM
Four years Navy, four years Air Force. All three of my children served in Iraq and while I am proud of their service I believe we have no business in Iraq.Iraq should be able to stand on its own by now. Our kids need to come home. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Thu 05/22/08 06:57 PM

So true, wouldee.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle, not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Otherwise it would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water.flowerforyou

drinker drinker drinker drinker flowerforyou